My Second Chance

By Oreocookie333

Last time you were able to get away but this time you won't be so lucky. I will see you soon princess, and th... More

My Second Chance
Chapter 1-Edited
Chapter 2-Edited
Chapter 3-Edited
Chapter 4-Edited
Chapter 5-Edited
Chapter 6-Edited
Chapter 7-Edited
Chapter 8-Edited
Chapter 9-Edited
Chapter 10-Edited
Chapter 11-Edited
Chapter 12-Edited
Chapter 13-Edited
Chapter 15-Edited
Chapter 16-Edited
Chapter 17-Edited
Chapter 18-Edited
Chapter 19-Edited
Chapter 20-Edited
Chapter 21-Edited
Chapter 22-Edited
Chapter 23-Edited
Chapter 24-Edited
Chapter 25-Edited
Chapter 26-Edited
Chapter 27-Edited
Chapter 28-Edited
Chapter 29-Edited
Chapter 30-Edited
Chapter 31-Edited
Chapter 32-Edited
Chapter 33-Edited
Chapter 34-Edited
Chapter 35-Edited
Chapter 36-Edited
Chapter 37-Edited
Chapter 38-Edited
Chapter 39-Edited
Epilogue-Edited
Bonus Chapter 1
Bonus Chapter 2
Bonus Chapter 3
Bonus Chapter 4
Bonus Chapter 5

Chapter 14-Edited

195K 4.7K 665
By Oreocookie333

Chapter 14(part 1)

Elizabeth's POV

Waking up the next morning, I feel disappointed as soon as I realize that Ryder isn't with me. I pick up the note that's on top of his pillow and I feel a smile stretch across my lips as I read it.

~Dear angel,

Sorry I wasn't there when you woke up. You honestly look too adorable when you sleep. I am so happy that we are finally home, and you are finally in our house, in our bed.

Today, you have a busy day ahead of you. I hope you're ready for a long day. You are going to be able to see some more of the pack and some more of the area. Are you ready for a surprise? I've been planning this since the moment I looked into your eyes and I realized that you're mine. I hope you enjoy everything today. Emily is going to be there soon to help you get ready or whatever. Wear whatever you want to, but make sure you're comfortable.

I do have one suggestion though, please don't wear makeup. You look absolutely breathtaking without it, so I don't want you to wear something you don't need.

I really hope you like the day I've planned out for you, and I can't wait to see you later.~

I let out a squeal after reading the letter. I fall down onto the bed and reread the letter a few times to make sure that I read everything correctly. This is the sweetest thing that anyone has ever done for me, and I don't even know what's going to happen yet.

"We have such an amazing mate. I can't believe that people think he is heartless."

"Belle! Where have you been?"

"Well while you've been spending time with Ryder, I've been spending time with Kaydon." She mumbles and she sounds a little sheepish.

I jump out of bed and I head towards the bathroom so I can start getting ready for my big day.

*

*

*

It's been 2 hours since I woke up, and I'm finally ready for today. I've changed into my clothes, and I had a quick breakfast of toast and nutella. It's now 12:30 and I'm not allowed to eat lunch since apparently, Ryder and I are going out for lunch.

I'm wearing a pair of dark jeans with flat brown boots that go a little farther than my ankle. My long-sleeved shirt is an emerald color, since that's apparently Ryder's favorite color, and I'm wearing a small brown jacket over it. My face is also makeup free since Ryder asked me not to wear makeup.

Originally, Emily wanted me to wear a dress, but it's a little too windy and cold for me to do that today. I'm not used to this cooler temperature since Georgia never really got this cold. Obviously it's not that bad since I'm a werewolf, but it's still too cold for a dress. It's late spring, but it's still cool.

"Are you ready for this?" Emily says while practically jumping up and down. I think she may be even more excited than I am.

"Yeah, I'm ready, I just feel a little nervous."

"Well don't be! Everything is going to be perfect! You know, I never knew that Ryder could be so sweet. Before you came here, he barely smiled, and he was always so quiet and serious. Now, he won't stop smiling, and he won't shut up about how amazing you are!" I can feel my cheeks heating up and I give her a sheepish smile.

"Well, we should get going. I'm ready."

"Ok, but you're going to have to wear this blindfold." I give her a flat look, but allow her to tie the blindfold on my face.

She leads me outside, and then we start walking. I have no clue where we are going, so I just focus on the different smells and sounds around me. It's peaceful where we are, and I can hear the sound of birds chirping happily to each other. I can also hear the sound of running water.

"So yesterday, Ryder told me that you had all the women in the pack plant the flowers around this area."

"Yeah, I did, I figured it would help all the new pack women get to know everyone. Also, I love flowers, and I didn't want to have to plant them all by myself."

"They are very beautiful."

"Thank you Luna!"

"How many times do I have to tell you? Just call me Elizabeth."

"Sorry, Elizabeth. Anyways, we're here. It's time to take the blindfold off, but Ryder will do that for you." As she says this, I can feel my skin start tingling, and I can smell Ryder's sweet scent.

"Thank you, Emily. We'll see you later." I hear Emily leave and I take a deep breath.

"Are you ready for today Elizabeth? I hope you enjoy everything." he says as he takes more steps towards me.

"I'm sure I'll enjoy anything that happens today because I'm with you." I hear him growl in approval at my last statement. He's finally right besides me, and he starts untying the blindfold.

When the blindfold comes off, my jaw drops. In front of me is a lake and a small boat. Ryder smiles at me nervously before he grabs my hand and pulls me towards the boat. Once we get on, I admire the different designs that are on the boat. I've never been on a boat before, but Ryder seems to know what he's doing.

We go out into the middle of the lake, and then Ryder puts the anchor down.

"I didn't know you knew how to drive a boat."

"It's something a lot of people don't know about me."

"I'm glad you shared it with me then," I say, and Ryder gives me a soft smile before making his way over to me and taking my hand.

"Let's go downstairs, that's where the food is."

We walk downstairs, and I see flower petals all over the ground surrounding a blanket with a picnic basket on it. I give Ryder a smile once I see him staring at me nervously.

"This is perfect," I mumble as I pull his hand and lead him towards the picnic. Inside the basket there's cheese pizza, grapes, brownies, cookies, salad, and a bottle of orange juice. Some of my favorite foods and my favorite beverage. The pizza looks homemade too, that just makes it even better. I can't believe Ryder went to all this trouble.

Ryder looks at me nervously before he clears his throat. I think he might be even more nervous than I am.

"He looks so cute," Annabel purrs. I couldn't agree with her more.

"These are some of my favorite foods. Did Jake tell you?"

"Yeah, I asked Jake for some of your favorite foods, and he told me you liked homemade pizza, so I asked Emily to help me make some. She also helped with the brownies and the cookies. I hope this isn't too much or anything, I ju-"

"Ryder, everything is perfect, thank you," I say with a huge smile. He gives me a smile back before we start eating. While we eat, he tells me more about his pack, and I can see how much he cares for everyone here, and how close this pack is.

*

*

*

After we eat, Ryder steers the boat around the lake for a little bit.

"Do you want to try?"

"Wait, seriously? You're going to let me drive this boat?"

"If that's what you want, then yes."

"I've never driven one before..." I trail off as I start to feel my palms start sweating.

"I'll teach you, don't worry. Nothing is going to happen." He says as he reaches his hand out to me. I take his hand and walk over to the wheel. After I put my hands on the wheel, I feel two much larger hands cover mine. I love the feeling of Ryder's hands with mine. His hands are calloused, and they are pretty big, but they are also gentle. He's obviously done a lot of work instead of being one of those alphas who just has the pack do all the work.

Anyways, I can feel his body aligned with mine, and it's making it hard for me to focus.

"Are you ready?"

"I guess."

I take a few calming breaths before I feel the boat start moving. Ryder helps me steer, and I feel a wide smile stretch across my face. This is absolutely amazing! If I thought just being on the boat was great, this is ten times better.

I have never been more happy in my entire life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

689K 15.7K 37
19 year old werewolf, Madeline Night has never had life handed to her. When her parents left her at the young age of 7 she learned quickly that she w...
36.9M 1.4M 144
"My dad sold me to a pack of werewolves to settle his gambling debt." ❀ "I'm going to count to three," Logan growls. He doesn't have to say the rest...
2.5M 86K 46
"Shift." His voice hit me like a serrated blade as he stepped out of the crude semicircle of hardened wolves that had formed around me. I pushed mys...
22.8M 547K 32
"Y-your H-highness? I-i'm sorry b-but t-there m-must b-be a-a m-mistake..." A loud growl sounded through the whole ballroom causing me to start shaki...