Lost || Fourtris Fanfic

By lilkhitty

Tris and Tobias meet in Abnegation. What happens there? What happens with them? They spend one year being mor... More

Chapter 1: Abnegation
Chapter 2: It's Perfect!
Chapter 3: First Kiss
Chapter 4: Ferris Wheel
Chapter 5: Decisions
Chapter 6: I'm going to lose you
Chapter 7: Choosing Ceremony
Chapter 8: Transfer?
Chapter 9: Friends and Family
Chapter 11: Secrets Revealed
Chapter 12: Liar?
Chapter 13: He's Trying To Figure You Out
Chapter 14: Really?
Chapter 15: Still Me
Chapter 16: I Like Someone Else
Chapter 17: Inhale, Exhale & Fire
Chapter 18: Are you guys still fighting?
Sorry

Chapter 10: Lost

1K 23 14
By lilkhitty

Tris's POV 

(A Year Later, the day before the Choosing Ceremony)

I have just put Taylor to bed. He is so big now. He crawls and it just so fun to see how he grows up. I just wish that Tobias would be here to see him. It's the night before the Choosing Ceremony. I had my aptitude test today. I thought it was going to help me, but it didn't. Well, I already know what faction I am choosing, but I had the aptitude for Abnegation - which isn't that much of a news - then there is Dauntless - which I am not surprised over, after all, I have always wanted to be Dauntless - then there is Erudite - I had no idea I would fit in there, literally. Erudite? I just don't get it.

Mum and dad told me that they wanted to talk to me, before tomorrow. I just said goodnight to Taylor and Caleb said that he wanted to read for Taylor tonight since it's the last night, plus the fact that mum and dad want to talk to me.

I go downstairs and they are sitting on the couch talking with each other. I go and sit down next to them and they look at me and smiles.

"Hey," Mom says and I smile at her.

"Hi," I say.

"So, we just want to talk to you about tomorrow," Dad says and I look at him.

"What's there to talk about?" I ask.

"Well, do you know what you are going to choose?" He asks and I look at my mum. Should I nod or not? I don't want to hurt his feelings. "It's okay Beatrice, you can tell me."

"Yeah, I know," I tell him and he nods.

"Is it Dauntless?" He asks and I nod again.

"Dad -" I start.

"I told you, it would be okay. Beatrice, I had a feeling for it, since that's where your mother comes from and everything." He says smiling. "Now, what do you want to do with Taylor?"

"Well, I can't really take him with me, can I?" I ask, looking at both my parents.

"No, that is going to be way too dangerous," Mom says and I look at her.

"You want to go to Dauntless for sure, right?" She asks and I nod.

"Why don't I contact Hana now, and I will meet with her tonight and hand her Taylor for tonight because she won't be at the Choosing Ceremony and well it will be too dangerous to bring Taylor tomorrow at the Choosing Ceremony. Let me take Taylor now and bring him to Hana, so Hana can take care of him tonight and tomorrow?" She says and I look at dad.

"Will he be okay?" I ask her because right now, I want him to be okay.

"She is a great mother Beatrice, and he needs to get to know Hana, if Hana is going to help you during initiation, I would ask you to come with me, but you need your sleep." She says and I look at dad, who is nodding.

"Okay, let me get him and bring him downstairs though. I want to say goodbye." I say and stand up.

"It's just for tonight and tomorrow, then you can see him again Tris." She says and looks at me.

"Yeah, and that is way too long. He is my baby." I say, I really don't want him to go. I look at my mother and my dad who are smiling.

"What are you guys smiling at?" I ask.

"You really love Taylor, don't you?" Dad says and I nod.

"He is everything," I say.

"Go and get him and I will take him, okay?" My mother says and I nod. I walk upstairs to find Caleb reading to him. I smile at them. They really do look cute together.

"Hey, mum is taking him to her friend Hana, where he will be staying while I train for initiation in Dauntless," I tell Caleb and he looks at me.

"Now?" He asks and I nod.

"Okay, I love you, Taylor, I promise I will visit you someday, take care of your mum," Caleb says and I smile. I love that they care for him so much, all of them. I walk over to Caleb and take Taylor and bring him downstairs. After letting dad and me say goodbye to Taylor, mum takes him to Hana. I just hope they both of them will be okay.

Tobias's POV

"So, looking forward to tomorrow?" Zeke asks Uriah. We are all eating dinner at Hana's today. Just in case Uriah doesn't choose Dauntless, but I doubt that.

"Yeah, of course." He answers. "So, mum, do you know anything about T, yet?" He asks. I wonder who 'T', is.

"No, her mother was going to tell me tonight, but I don't know anything yet." Hana answers.

"Who is T?" Zeke asks. "Your girlfriend?"

"No, I am dating Marlene. She is my best friend from Abnegation and she told me that she was going to choose Dauntless tomorrow, but I don't know yet." Uriah answers.

"Why don't you know yet?" I ask. Uriah has an Abnegation friend, a girl and she is 16. 

No Tobias, don't go there, it can't be Beatrice. Tris? It could be her. His friend starts with 'T', it could stand for Tris. No, it can't. Don't go there Tobias, it will only hurt.

"Because she has a 10 months old baby." Uriah answers. Well, it's not Tris then. She isn't pregnant.

"So, how long have you know this friend of yours?" Zeke asks.

"For 2 years." Uriah answers. "Lynn, Marlene, and I know them from school. We have made a lot of friends, I just hope all the of them chooses Dauntless."

"You could hope," Zeke says.

"When do you think Nat will call you or contact you?" Uriah asks Hana. Nat? Names are starting to confuse me.

"Nat?" Hana says with a smile back to Uriah.

"Yeah, heard you two talking and I wanted to try it out." He answers with a smile.

"Well, Abnegation doesn't have phones, so she won't call, but she told me to meet her on the train, the one the goes before midnight." Hana answers.

"So, you are going to the train tracks and you are going to be on that train before midnight and then you will find out if T is coming to Dauntless or not?" Uriah asks.

"Yeah," Hana says. "Don't worry Uri, she will come."

"Okay, it's just that I don't want her to be alone."

"You will see her tomorrow, why don't you go to bed, you need sleep," Hana tells Uriah and Uriah nods. He takes his plate to the kitchen and goes to bed.

"Well, do you two boys need anything?" Hana asks us and I look at Zeke.

"No, but Four can't stay can?" Zeke says. Every year since I have been here, we have always watched the Choosing Ceremony together, since I don't have a TV and he does, but I know I can't, because I have to be at the net, so I won't be able to watch it anyways.

"I can't remember, I am training the initiates tomorrow, but next year probably," I tell him and he nods.

"Right, well I will meet you at the net then," Zeke says and I nod.

"Goodnight and thanks for dinner, it was amazing as always," I tell Hana and stand up.

"Of course anything Four. See you!" She says with a smile. I stand up and make my way to my apartment. I wonder if I can see Tris tomorrow. I really hope so. I miss her like crazy.

Tris's POV 

(Choosing Ceremony)

I am standing in line with all the 18 years old teenagers, waiting for their turn to choose their 'home'. I look up and see my parents smiling at me. I look in front of me and see Caleb. He turns to look at me with a smile.

"You have to let me keep a relationship with Taylor, you know that right?" He says and I smile.

"Of course, I wouldn't want it another way than that," I tell him with a smile.

The Choosing Ceremony goes by fast, they have already started with names. Uriah, of course, chooses Dauntless, same with Marlene and Will. Next on up is Lynn.

"Dauntless," Marcus says. Tobias father - if he deserves that title - and the person who is directing the Choosing Ceremony this year.

Okay, now we need Christina to choose Dauntless too. After some few names, it's Christina's turn. It's Caleb's turn and to no surprise he choose Erudite. It's Christina's turn and she chooses Dauntless too. Yes! All our friends choose Dauntless or my friends choose Dauntless. After some few more, it's my turn.

I walk up to the stage and take the knife from Marcus. I cut myself and put my hand over the bowl of coals.

"Dauntless," Marcus says. Yes! I am free! I am Dauntless. All I can think about now surprisingly isn't Tobias, but Taylor. I walk over to the Dauntless section and some person gives me a plaster to put over the cut. Uriah, Marlene, Lynn, Will and Christina, comes over to me and we hug.

"We are all Dauntless now," I say and they cheer. We sit down and wait for Dauntless to leave or have this Choosing Ceremony over with.

When it's over, Dauntless leave first and we run to the train tracks. When the train comes we jump on. We all sit down in a group and talk.

"So, how is Taylor?" Christina asks.

"I don't know, I haven't seen him today," I say looking at everyone. Then I look at Uriah. "How is he?"

"He is fine, but he did wake me up from my peaceful sleep last night," Uriah says, which cause us all to laugh.

"Well, welcome to my world. I don't think I have had a peaceful sleep since before I was pregnant if you don't count last night." I say smiling.

"Hey Stiff!" Someone shouts when I turn I see Peter.

"What do you want Peter?" I ask him and he smiles.

"I just wanted to tell you that, know when we are in the same faction, you are going to get for what you did to me! You hear me? You are going to get!" He says. When I came back after Taylor was born, Peter asked me out and I rejected him. After that, he has been really mean, not only to me but everyone else. I think I really hurt him, by saying 'no', I didn't want to date him.

"Whatever Peter," I tell him and look back at my friends. "So, Uri, you still up for our deal?"

"Of course, but we don't have to do it. I mean if you want to back out, I understand, it's fine, you know. I won't take it personally." He says.

"Are you sure you are talking about me, it sounds as to me, that you are more afraid than me," I tell him, which cause them to laugh.

"No, I just don't want to hurt Tay's mother." He says with a smile.

"Are you backing down, because you are scared of a stiff?" I ask him and he shakes his head.

"No, not at all," Uri says smiling. "Who says that?"

"So, you are not backing down from a small, skinny, Abnegation girl?" I say smiling.

"No. But now, you just said yourself that you are a small, skinny, Abnegation girl, what is it?" Uriah says. We had this conversation once, and it didn't really end well. I ended up giving him a black eye for a week.

"Well, it has its perks, being both. I think I will go with the one I want when I want." I tell Uriah, who just nods.

"Fine, whatever, but you are so on Ms Small, skinny, Abnegation girl!" Uriah says.

"You did not just say that!" I say.

"Get ready, we are jumping!" Someone shouts. I turn to look at the view. We are almost at the Dauntless compound.

"We are not done with this! You are so going to get!" I tell Uriah, which cause everyone to laugh and we all stand-up. Christina and I jump together. I have more practice than her and land on my feet, but she doesn't and fall, and drags me down with her. I got some few cuts here and there, but nothing too major.

"You okay?" I ask her and she nods. We walk over to a man standing on top of the railing of the building. I have seen him before. Yes, he is my mother's friend Max, I think his name was. I met him some few times, and he seems nice. My mum asked him if I could bring Taylor here when the time comes and he said yes. He helped me with making Taylor a Dauntless born. I should really be thankful for my mum coming from this faction.

I don't really listen in on what he is saying, because I have a feeling it is something to do with the Choosing Ceremony, and on how we are going to survive we need to do that and that. I don't really care, I just want to get down there so I can see my Taylor.

"Who is going to jump first?" Max says and I tune in.

"Is there a net at the bottom or something?" Peter asks.

"I guess you will find out," Max says. "Now, how is going to jump first?"

"Me," I say and walk over to Max. He looks at me and smiles. I guess he recognises me.

I stand up on the railing block thing of the building and look down. It's a whole at the bottom. I guess is what mum meant was dangerous. I take off my jacket and I jump. I am flying. I love this feeling. I am actually flying. When I come to the bottom there is something that catches me. A net. I look up and see people looking down. I smile. I actually made it. I have waited for this for so long and I did it. Of course, the last two years has been worse than the others, but I did it. I try to get off the net, but I can't, so I take the first hand I see. I get down from the net and look around. Hallways.

"Thank you," I say as I am finished looking around, and then turn to the person who helped me out. Tobias?

"Did you get pushed?" He asks and I look at him.

"No," I say a bit to mean I guess. I know that is Tobias, and he is acting like he doesn't know me. He better not ask me my name or I am going to freak out.

"What's your name?" He asks. Does he want me to freak out or not?

"Tris," I say, not looking at him. He doesn't deserve me looking at him. Not now anyway.

"Make the announcement Four." Someone from the side says.

"First jumper Tris." He says. "Welcome to Dauntless."

I move when I hear someone else land in the net. Four as people call him here helps the person out. Uriah?

"You know Uri, if you still want to keep the deal, that's fine, but if you don't I understand. I was after all the first jumper." I tell him and he turns to look at me.

"That by the way," Uriah says pointing at Four, "is the legendary Four, I told you about." Oh okay. He is Mr Popular here. Nice. I nod to Uriah. "But anyway, don't think about Ms Small skinny Abnegation girl." He says smiling.

"You know, that's it. When we are done here, you are so going to show me the training room." I tell him and he smiles.

"Will be my pleasure T!" He says smiling.

"Second jumper Uriah," Tobias says. Uriah walks over to me and smiles.

"I bet the third jumper is going to be Marlene," Uri says and I look at him.

"This is so going to be Christina," I say and he looks like I am crazy.

"You are allowed to dream Tris, I will allow that." He replies.

Tobias helps the next person out and I win, it's Christina.

"What did you say?" I ask Uriah and he just looks away.

"Did you bet with her again Uriah, you know she will always win over you," Christina says after telling her name to Tobias and him announcing it.

"Yeah right, one day, one day Tris, I will win." He says smiling.

"Well, you are allowed to dream!" I tell him smiling.

After everyone has come down from the building, we start. We are 9 initiates. Molly, Dream, Al, Peter, Myra, Edward, Christina, Will, Al, and me. Molly seems to be found of Tobias, which by the way is not something I like. I guess he has a girlfriend and everything here. Maybe I shouldn't tell him about Taylor. But he deserves to know. I will find that out later. Let's just focus, shall we?

"My name is Four and this is Lauren. I will be training the Transfers since I am guessing the Dauntless born don't need a tour, why don't you follow Lauren." He says and the Dauntless born leave.

"I will meet you at lunch T!" Uriah shouts and I smile.

"I am so going to win!" I shout back.

"If you didn't listen, my name is Four and I usually work in the control room, but now I am training you guys." He starts.

"Four like the number?" Christina asks. He looks at her and comes over to us.

"Not a smart idea, Chris," I tell her.

"What's your name?" He asks.

"Christina." She says.

"Well, Christina, exactly like the number, do you have a problem with that?" He asks her and she shakes her head.

"First lesson you learn from me is so to keep your mouth shut, okay?" He says walking back to his spot. Everyone nods. "Okay, now let's start with the tour, but first any questions?" No one raises their hand, except Molly. "Yes."

"Do you have a girlfriend?" She asks and he looks at her. I look at her. Why does he have to be so handsome, that all the girls want him? That's what it seems like anyway and that is what Uriah told me. I guess I should get used to it, he probably has a girlfriend for all I know.

"No, I do not have a girlfriend, and I do not intend on getting on." He says and then moves his eyes over to me. I look away. I love him and everything, but he acts as if he doesn't know me, and I don't like that.

"Let's go." He says.

After walking around and learning all the names of the places we go to the cafeteria. He has shown us The Pit, which is where everything happens. The training room, which we will be training at for some weeks. Then there is The Chasm, which I know is going to be my favourite place out of all. It's nice and quiet.

We are all walking towards the cafeteria when I see Marlene, Uriah, and Lynn walking towards us.

"Hey, Uri, I am not sure I feel like fighting after lunch, I want to see Taylor," I tell him and he nods.

"I understand, I will show you where they are," Uriah says and I nod. We all walk to lunch and get our food. They only table left with enough seats with are next to Tobias. I walk over and Christina sits down, and I sit down next to her, which is also next to Tobias. They only other person there is an older version of Uriah and a girl next to him.

"This is my brother Zeke and his girlfriend Shauna, also Lynn's sister," Uriah says and I nod.

"This is Al." Christina says, "I thought he could sit with us, since I know him, he comes from Candor." We all nod.

"And you all know Four," Marlene says smiling and we nod.

"So how are you?" Zeke asks me.

"Tris," I tell him.

"Tris?" He says and I nod.

I finish my food pretty quick and I learned that the food that I ate is called Hamburger. It's actually pretty good. I can't believe I haven't had this food before. Everyone has made small talk with each other.

"So, Uriah, ready to go?" I ask Uriah and he looks at me.

"You really want to see Taylor, don't you?" He says and I nod.

"I haven't seen him since last night, I need to see him," I tell him.

"Hey, we are so coming with you," Marlene says. "We haven't seen him since I don't know, a week ago or something."

"Fine, I don't care, but I am so holding him first," I tell them and they smile.

"You hold him all the time," Christina says.

"Well, he is mine, so..." I say smiling. "Can we go?"

"I can't believe you are making me skip my Dauntless Cake," Uriah says standing up.

"Oh, the amazing Dauntless cake. Well, I am sorry, can we go now?" I say and he nods.

"Let's go," Uriah says.

We all walk through the different hallways. Until we come to Hana's apartment. Everyone is here except Four and Zeke and Shauna of course. We didn't really talk to them. We walk in and I find push my way through the door and into the apartment. Hana is sitting on the floor and playing with Taylor.

"Oh my god," I say walking over to Hana and Taylor.

"Mama." He says and I pick him up.

"I missed you, baby," I say and hug him. I let go of him and sit down on the floor having him in my lap. Everyone sits down around me.

"Can we hold him now?" Christina asks and I shake my head.

"No, I want to hold him," I say and they smile. "God, I missed him, it's crazy."

"Yeah, well kids happens to do that to mothers," Hana says smiling.

"Thank you, Hana. Thank you so much for doing this." I tell her and she smiles.

"Of course darling." She says and stands up. "How is your brother Uriah?"

"He is with Four and is fine." He replies.

"Okay good." She says. "Are you guys eating here or at the cafeteria today?" Everyone looks at me.

"Oh, I am so eating with Taylor," I tell them.

"Here," Uriah says and Hana nods.

We sit and talk for some time, while I play with Taylor, who's in my lap.

"So, have you talked to the father or seen him yet?" Will ask and I look at him.

"Seen him, yes, talked to him, no," I answer. That's when we hear the door open up.

"He is so cute, you are going to love him," Zeke says. "Of, everyone is here."

"What are you doing here, Zeke?" Uriah asks.

"Well, I wanted to introduce Taylor to Four and Shauna." He replies. I turn and look at Tobias.

"Tris?" He says and I look at him. I turn around and look at Christina.

"It's your lucky day Chris, here take care of him," I say handing Taylor over to Christina.

"Yeah, come to aunty." She says and takes him in her lap.

"What about me?" Uriah asks and I look at him.

"Afterwards," I say. Then Taylor starts to fuss. "Please Tay, I need to do something."

"I don't think he wants me. I don't think you were the only one missing him, I think he missed his mama too." Christina says smiling. I take him and look at Uriah.

"Where is your room?" I ask and he looks at me.

"There." He points to the door. I nod.

"Thanks," I say and walk over to the door. I turn to look at Four. "Four," I say and he just rolls his eyes at me but follows me. I walk in and he closes the door.

"He is his?" Tobias asks and I turn to look at him.

"Tobias?" I say and he looks at me.

"No Tris, tell me, is Taylor or whatever his name is, are you his mother?" He asks.

"Yes," I say and he looks at me.

"Who is the father?" He asks and I look at him.

"Well, you can guess," I say and he looks at me.

"When did you find out?" He asks and I look at him. "Tris, you didn't tell me about him, I deserve that you tell me this."

"Tobias, please."

"No, I love you Tris, but no. Tell me when did you find out? It was the last time I saw you, wasn't it?" He says and I look away. "I told you to find out why you were sick and you found out that you were pregnant."

I turn to look at him. I then turn to look at Taylor who is sleeping. I turn around and look around. Bed. I put Taylor down on the bed and put pillows around so he won't fall out. I then turn to look at Tobias.

"You love me?" I ask him and he looks at me annoyed.

"Tris."

"Tobias, I did find out after the Choosing Ceremony, and I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to worry about me. It was hard for me and all I wanted was for you to tell me it would be okay. And then there is the part where Taylor grew up, he looks like you a lot, that itself was hard." I say looking at him. "I know and I regret not telling you, I really do, but I wanted to let you go, I didn't want you to have to worry about me anymore."

"Tris, I love you and I am always going to worry about you! But you didn't tell me this. You should have told me that you were pregnant."

"What would you have done? What could you have done?" I ask him and I have tears in my eyes now.

"I don't know, but I left you alone, but now you tell me, I didn't just leave you alone, I left you and my son." He says. 

He turns around. "My son." I walk over to him and touch his back.

"I am sorry," I say and he turns around and looks at me.

"What's his whole name?" He asks looking at me.

"Taylor Asher Eaton," I say looking at him.

"Why my last name?" He asks and I smile.

"Well, he knew his mother, I just wanted him to have a part of his father too, even if he has his father's looks," I say smiling and he rolls his eyes at me and shakes his head; then he looks at Taylor who is sleeping.

"I just need some time, okay?" He says looking at me.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I ask.

"I just want some time to take all this in. I love you and I probably love him too, but I just need to breathe." He says.

"You are upset with me for not telling you, aren't you?" I say.

"Yeah, a bit, but it will be okay. I will be okay and I am happy you kept our son." He says smiling down at me.

"Did you just say our son?" I say and I smile.

"I will talk to you later." He says and turns around and opens the door. I walk out.

"Wait, Four," I say and he turns to look at me.

"Later." He says.

"You are just going to go like that?" I ask and he turns around to look at me.

"I will talk to you later, I promise, but I just need to think okay?" He says and I nod.

"Fine, whatever," I say and look away. He walks out the door and everyone looks at me.

"What did your instructor tell you?" Zeke says.

"You know about me, don't you?" I ask him. I have a feeling Four told him about his girlfriend from Abnegation.

"Yeah, he did. He will come around, it's a big thing from knowing nothing, to know this." Zeke says and I nod.

"Where is Taylor?" Marlene asks.

"Sleeping," I say and they nod. I walk over to them and sit down. We all talk about random things, enjoying our last day, before training starts.

A/N - I know it's long, but that's because I haven't updated in a while so I thought that's the least you guys deserved and also I didn't know where to end. 

Well, hope you pansycakes enjoyed this chapter! Feel free to give some constructive criticism, review, vote etc! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.6K 1.1K 26
For all of you that have read Divergent, you know that Beatrice, or Tris Prior met Four when she transferred from Abnegation to Dauntless. But what i...
49.9K 1.4K 28
When Tris is moved schools, she ends up at Dauntless High. There she meets other people who moved from other schools at the same time. She meets Four...
864K 18.1K 42
Life in Dauntless without the war. Its hard to explain without spoilers, but this has many different things from other fanfics. Including Tris sharin...
20.8K 401 20
This story takes place as if the Erudite and Abnegation war never happened. Tris is getting over her Abnegation side and is falling in love with Four...