Falling For The Rival

By caffeinatedgirl27

Highest rank in teen fiction - #60 His tongue trails down from my jawline towards my neck. His hands beneath... More

Disclaimer
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
News !!!!!

Chapter 1

766 43 30
By caffeinatedgirl27

"Tomorrow is the first day of our senior year" exclaimed Astrid. We were all on our gang spot Riverside Cafè.

"Oh wow was that meant to be an interesting Breaking News ?" I snapped. I don't understand why she has to be over excited about every little thing.

Like she has an explosive bomb within her waiting to explode after every 0.2 seconds. Okay, now I may be over exaggerating but seriously she is always in that "come let's go partying" mood.

"Oh Crystal come on don't be a mood killer. You never know what beautiful or exciting this senior year might have in store for us"

"Whatever. Anyways I am sorry Astrid"
I apologised.
She might be a over enthusiastic alien in form of a human but she is my best friend.

Maybe Zac is right. But I am sure this year would be just like the previous year. All boring. I just wish it doesn't go like the freshman year. I was deep in my thoughts when Zac brought me back to reality.

"Hey Astrid and Crystal lets do something before our senior year starts."

"Let's go sky diving!" I exclaimed.
Astrid and Zac stared at me in awe. They saw me genuinely excited for something after quite a period of time.

" Stop gawking. It is in my bucket list and I wanted to do it since a long time." I told them after seeing their shocked expressions.

They stared at me like I told them that Johnny Depp doesn't deserve an Oscar. Whereas everyone knows he fucking deserves it.

Zac and Astrid are my only true friends. My mom and dad have forever stayed out of country. I was 9 when they left me with my elder sister Cygnet who never took care of me. Well I was since then all alone. Not exactly, Zac and his family arrived in our neighborhood soon after and they took care of me. Since then we are best friends. He understands me and knows me like no one else. He knows my deepest secrets. He is my 4 am friend. We both met Astrid in school when we were 11. And that's how our group was formed. I was quite extrovert and outgoing befor. I had quite a lot of friends but our group always remained intact and nobody else was allowed to mingle in. One day can change everything and yes a day revealed who were my true friends.

"Come on Astrid and Crystal skydiving can be done only in Angrin which is a 45 minute drive from Shanton. We have to get home and get ready as well. It's 11 am. Crystal we will pick you up at 4 pm."

"Zac we should take our own bikes. What say?"

"Wow my birdie is bursting with enthusiasm."

I know right ? Birdie. Weird name. So damn weird. Well that was what Zac called Astrid.

For a fact everyone in Westwood High School knew that Astrid and Zac like each other. But these dumbasses won't confess.

Zac with his mysterious grey eyes and brown hair and an edgy face with a sharp jawline could make any girl go weak in her knees. Almost every girl had her eyes on him. But he had his eyes and heart for only one girl.

Astrid.

Well she was the prettiest, charming and the most innocent girl I have ever seen. She could mesmerise anyone with her graceful ballet dance. Yeah she knew ballet. Her big black eyes complementing her black hair with flawless skin. She could turn heads

Oh I forgot to introduce myself. I am the most feared girl in Westwood High School. I ain't no typical Queen Bee. Especially not like those fake plastic barbie dolls. With full lips and green eyes I look like I can wipe the existence of humans from earth. Everyone in Westwood feared me.

I was so deep in my thoughts, I didn't even realise when we reached home.

Zac followed me to my home.

Well it was an untold routine. Whenever we had to go for an outing he always helped me decide my cloths.

He climbed onto my bed and picked up my pink bra that was lying on the floor.

"Nice color Crys it would suit you. I would love to see you in it." Zac winked at me.

"Haha I forgot to laugh. Go and check Astrid in bra and not me."

"She is my Best Friend Crys just like you" he tried to save his ass but failed miserably.

"And you think I am a dumbfuck to accept this shit explanation of yours. Anyways tell me what should I wear. Aargh this is so irritating."
I groaned looking at my closet

"You know what chuck your cloths Crys. Lets go shopping. Its 12:00 and we still have 4 hours left. You are in grave need of new cloths"

Okay so you see why he is my best friend. He knows what I need even before me. I was a responsibility of my sister but it was always Zac who really cared about me.

We reached Sierra mall. It was a 10 minute drive by car.

"Zac lets go to that shop." I dragged him to a shop named Cassandra.

"Sure Cryssie baby."

"Stop calling me that moron" I glared at him.

"Hey look at that red off shoulder top. It looks amazing Cryssie Baby." He replied pulling my cheeks

"If you call me that one more time, I will kick your balls right of your mouth. And by the way bad choice." I punched him.

"I am gonna get that royal blue tank top." I informed an ran off in the opposite direction.

"Well try this tube top as well."

By the end of our shopping spree we bought 7 tops, 2 mini skirts and 3 shorts.

Well don't judge me now. All of this shit wasn't for me.

The lover boy got some for his birdie as well.

I am so sure he is head over heels in love with her.

Today is the chance to get him accept that.

After the shopping we went to Mr.Muggle's Pizza.

"Zac I thought I was your Best Friend." I told him while taking a bite of my pizza.

"You are Crys."

"Then tell me honestly that do you love Astrid or not."

"I don't." He replied while nervously biting his nails.

He always does that when he is nervous.

"If you are gonna lie I would never talk to you." I practically screamed banging the table.

Everyone looked at me like I was some crazy psychopath.

"Sshh Crys. Yeah fine. I give up. Yes I do love her. But she doesn't. And even if she does I fear losing our friendship. You know the beautiful feeling that we share now. And I don't know if we get together will it be forever or not. And I cannot afford to lose her. It's good if we stay friends. Atleast that way I know I would never lose her. And she thinks I am a playboy. But I am not l. I date girls to keep her out of my mind but nobody does that magic that she does on me. You know I still haven't lost my virginty. I just take out girls for few dates but then give up cause I know that it won't work between us. Everybody keeps on ranting and gossiping. It gets irritating but when she does the same thing I feel like listening to her over and over again.

When she dances people stare at her body and her face but what I see is happiness in her eyes. I can see how she forgets about everything and is just in her whole 'La-La world'.

Have you ever observed when she is angry her nose blows up a little. That's the cutest thing I have ever seen in my life.

We both are the only people who have seen her crying, in pyajamas, in her worst and the best days. I love her in whatever condition she is. But I don't think she would be so comfortable with me when we get in relationship. She would be worried about her looks. She wouldn't show up in her worst attires infront if me. She would try to be perfect for me. And I dont want that to happen. I want to see her the way she is. I love her because of her imperfections. All her flaws are as perfect as it could be. I want her to be comfortable with me and that's only possible when I am her friend and not lover. Getting in relationship would change every single thing that we have right now. "

Woah I never had any idea that this dumb guy had so much feelings hidden inside him. His love speech made me go all blank. For 5 minutes I was contemplating everything that he said. I guess it was my turn now.

"Zac I agree to some part of what you have just ranted out. But you know your birdie better than I do. Do you think she is ever gonna change for anyone. Not even for you moron. She wants someone who will accept her as she is. Not only her but every girl wants that. And each fibre of your body loves her. Could you ever see her with anyone else. Obviously not.

You know she has never dated anyone 'cause she is waiting for you. But how long will she wait. Eventually one day even she will move on. She is the only girl who would put that dumb head of yours to work. She is the one that is worth every pain and every joy of yours. She was with me when every other person misunderstood me. She has handled my mood swings like nobody else obviously except you. She is that rare diamond which when found should be treasured forever. And you are one lucky ass to find it. Never ever lose you mofo."

I finish my speech. *internal clapping*

"Do you think it's too late for me to have her now."

"Nope Zac. Better late than never." I wink

"And do you think today is the right day for me to be with her." He asks, his eyes sparkling like never before

"I am happy your dumbass heart finally realised it."

"Thank you Crys. I don't know what I would do without you."

"Yeah I know, I am awesome. Lets go now. Its 1:30 and we have only 2 and a half hours left for all the preparation."

"Where are we going Crys? What have we to prepare for?"

"Your funeral moron. You should give her the perfect proposal so that she feels special. Already you took too long to propose her Now atleast it should be a special one. And I have the perfect plan. Lets go now."

"You are scaring me Cryssie."

"Just be quiet and trust me."

We sit in the car. I get onto the driver seat. Throughout the drive I explain him my idea of 'The Perfect Proposal'. The look on his face was just priceless.

I drop Zac at his place and tell him exactly what to wear. I take all my cloths and leave for Astrid's home.

"Woah Crystal it's 3 pm and you are aready here. And I see you are not even ready. And what's that bag in your hand?"

"Astrid I can only speak if you zip your mouth. Zac and I went for shopping. We got some new cloths for you and me. So I am gonna get ready at your place. You are gonna wear what we bought for you." I informed her or more like ordered.

"Cool babe. Get in first. And show me what you got." She said while dragging me to her room.

What's up with everyone dragging me.

We go to Astrid's room. Astrid lived alone with her Dad. Her mom died 10 years back due to pneumonia. Her Dad was probably at work.

"Hey show me what you both got for me." She said seeming excited

"Yeah sure babe. Look at this." I showed her a royal blue floral top.

"Did Zac choose this?" , she blushed.

"Yeah birdie." I winked

"Shut up bitch." she said throwing a pillow towards me.

"Lets get ready now. We dont want you lover boy waiting down for us."

She gave me a glare. But I caught her blushing.

We were ready by 3:30. Astrid wore a blue top I gave her and tight pair of white jeans. She tied her hair in a messy bun. She looked really cute.

We took a final look at ourselves in mirror when we heard door bell ring. We instantly knew it was Zac.

Nobody else keeps ringing the bell this way.

Astrid opened the door. She looked at Zac and blushed. Even he had worn a royal blue T-shirt.

"Birdie I never knew you were such a sincere follower. You actually wore the same colour as me."

I rolled my eyes.

"Stop romancing over here love birds. We need to leave."

We climbed on our bikes and ignited it as we left towards Angrin.

Little did Astrid know it was gonna be the best day of her life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.2K 1.9K 46
[Completed] Rated Mature 36 Chapters A teen bad boy (Ed) proposes a nerdy girl (El) he has been crushing on since junior school. They fall in love...
38.8K 1.5K 23
"I'm Aiden," he said then held out his hand. "Yeah.. I.. I remembered.. Aiden. You're Nate's best friend slash brother." "Oh, you don't prefer handsh...
1.3M 32.7K 55
"Go, I don't want to make you hate me for what I did." he says softly as a tear of drop dipped from his eyes. "What are you talking about?" I approac...
17.9K 295 28
[THE FIRST CHAPTERS ARE CRINGE ASF BUT I PROMISE IT GETS BETTER] ''What are you doing on the desk?'' He asked coldly. I look at him in the eyes. ''W...