A New Beginning - a Quentin M...

By JustMe4You2

Tessa was born and raised in sunny L.A., well until her parents divorce that is. Two months before her 17th b... More

Tessa Louis Jackson (1)
The beginning (2)
Where has the time gone? (3)
It's not what you think (4)
Our secret (5)
What about me? (6)
The break (7)
Is she back? (8)
This can't be happening (9)
You make me smile like the sun, fall out of bed(10)
Don't worry Princess (11)
Gorgeous (12)
Gone (13)
Lost (14)
Found (15)
She can't break us (16)
Perfect (18)
Boys will be girls (19)
I do (20)
Hawaii (21)
Sequel

Anything for you (17)

538 11 4
By JustMe4You2

2 a.m.

"Tessa?" my dad whispers slightly shaking my shoulder. "I'm going to carry you upstairs."

"No no I can walk" I say half asleep. I push the covers off and fall back asleep. He picks me up and starts walking. "See I can walk" I doze back off.

9 a.m.

My eyes flutter open and I stretch a really good stretch, like one of those you see in a movie that looks so satisfyingly fake. As I glance at my alarm clock I think wow I'm up early. I stare down at my ring. My heart skips a couple beats. I need to go do something. Throwing on the white maxi dress I wore yesterday, I grab my phone, keys, and wallet then leave. I make the twenty minute drive to Sonic. "I'd like an order of french toast sticks and a blue raspberry lemonade." My meal comes and I eat while scrolling through Instagram. Quentin still hasn't posted anything. I switch to text and click on Tanner.

Me: Have you heard from Quentin?

Tanner: Uh he's asleep

Me: How do you know? Are you at his house?

Tanner: No it's ten in the morning

Me: Right sorry.

I click over to Taylor and text her instead.

Me: You want to hang out?

Taylor: Of course! Come on over.

Me: Alright I'll be there in about twenty five minutes.

Taylor: Where are you that'll take you that long?

Me: Sonic. My dad apparently doesn't understand grocery stores.

Taylor: Can you pretty pretty please get me a brownie and cookie dough blast? I'll pay you back

Me: Sure it'll be a little melted though.

I order her blast then hop in the car. Scrolling through my music I find the one I want/need right now. Can I Be Him by James Arthur. I roll down my window and start driving. "I heard there was someone but I know he don't deserve you" I scream along with the song. Several songs later I pull into my driveway, of course my dad isn't here. Since I know them so well, I just walk into Tanner's house.

As I head up the stairs Tanner comes up from the basement. He sees me and gets nervous "what are you doing here?"

"Since I can't hang out with Quentin, I'm going to hang out with Taylor."

"Wow thanks." Taylor walks out of her room and grabs the blast from my hand. "Here's the money." 

"No it's okay." 

"Are you sure."

"Definitely." We laugh and go to her room. "So tell me all the drama at school." She rolls her eyes and tells me everything. "And these are sophomores?!" I ask when she finishes.

"I know right! They're crazy!"

"Tessa!" Tanner screams from downstairs.

Taylor looks at me and we roll our eyes. We both get up and go to the top of the stairs. "What?" I whine.

"Can you come down here." 

"Yes mother." I run down the stairs "what mother?"

"Stop calling me that." He indicates for me to follow him as he goes to the basement. "I need your help, my door is jammed and we can't get it open."

I look at him and Dylan "if you guys can't open it, what makes you think I can?" They shrug. "Fine." I walk up to the door and open it not taking my eyes off them "seriously you couldn't open it?"

The fall on the ground laughing. Dylan barely says "turn around."

"Turn around?" I give them a questioning look then turn around. There laying on the bed is the best person in this town. "QUENTIN!!" I scream and run to him as tears stream down my cheeks. He pulls me into a tight hug. "I've missed you so much. I thought your mom would never let me see you again."

"I know I know." He kisses the top of my head as tears roll down his face.

"What are you doing here? I thought you weren't allowed over here?" 

I sit up and he wipes my tears "I live here now Princess. She tried to force me to leave you." He rubs my thighs "you are the reason I lived, I couldn't just leave you."

"AW!" Dylan, Taylor, Tanner, Kim, and Tristan all say in harmony at the door.

My face turns bright pink. Quentin whispers in my ear "you're beautiful when you're embarrassed." Which obviously makes me more embarrassed. He pulls my face towards him and kisses me softly. "Stay the night" he whispers in between kisses.

"My dad probably wouldn't let me." 

He rubs my arm "tell him you're staying with Taylor."

"Okay but nothing is going to happen tonight alright? You need to get better quick." I plop down next to him on the bed. Dylan and Tanner sit on the bean bag and play some game, I still haven't been bothered to learn the name.

"Soooo" Quentin looks at me. "I got an email from the high school..."

I quickly turn to face him "why you're not enrolled there?"

He smiles "we'll since I was such a good student they invited me to prom next month. It's the day after I get my cast off."

My heart drops, he's going to be there with a bunch of girls. "That's really cool." 

He laughs "Tessa I want to take you so stop being a butt." 

My eyes light up "really? We can start looking at dresses! I've never been to prom! This is so exciting!"

"I'm obviously taking Tristan" Dylan says with a huge grin.

"I got invited back to" Tanner says without taking his eyes off the screen "I don't know who I'm taking."

"What do you mean? What about Paris?" I question.

"We are taking a break" he mumbles. It's probably best if I don't question.

I focus back on Quentin "what color?"

"Uh color?" 

I pull out my phone and roll my eyes "dress color." 

"I don't know pink?" 

"What about blush?" he shrugs his shoulders so we scroll through blush dresses on google. "I don't want you to go with me when I get a dress..." 

A hurt face falls on his face "why not?"

I cup his face "I want it to be a surprise." I text Tristan.

Me: Prom dress shopping?

Tristan: Now?

Me: Now.

Not joking five seconds later he runs down to the basement and grabs my hand. "Dylan we're wearing teal to prom." He yells back as he pulls me up the stairs. 

"Slow down Tris, the dresses will still be there." I giggle and hop in his car. 

"I know the perfect place to take you. What color do you want?" He pulls out of the driveway and heads west.

"Blush but I'm open to whatever besides white and black." Not even a half hour later we pull into a small parking lot. "Where are we?"

"Mom's Unique Boutique it's a mom and pop shop. Not many people know it's here so it's the perfect place to get a dress no one else will have."

"I'm trusting you that these aren't granny style dresses." We laugh and walk in. My mouth drops "Oh my god." 

"Exactly!" He grabs my hand and pulls me over to the blush dresses. Giving me the once over he says "I'd say you're a size twelve."

He starts tossing dresses over his shoulders. "Why don't people come here?"

We walk to the back of the store and he puts the dresses in a dressing room. "Because" he sighs "the girls around here think a dress isn't good unless it's designer and costs at least $800."

"$800! That's crazy!" he shoves me into the dressing room and I start trying on dresses. The first one I put on fits so good it gives me butterflies. I step out "I think this might be the one..." 

He looks up at me and his eyes go wide. "I think you're right." A big smile spreads across his face as he checks the price tag. "$125."

"Only $125?" I put my hands to my face and cry. 

He pulls me into his chest "Quentin will love it! Here let me take a picture to send to your dad so we can get some moola." He laugh and he immediately gets a text back "oh my gosh he said he put the money on your card! It's your dress!!!" We start jumping around.

An older lady comes to us and smiles "that looks amazing on you! Can I help you guys with something?"

Tristan grabs my wrist "she's going to buy this dress and a tie to match for her fiance."

The lady gives us a questioningly look "I recommend him coming in and getting measured for the right tie." I look at Tristan and a tear slides down my cheek. "I didn't mean to offend you dear."

"No no it's okay. It's just that he got in a car accident and he can't really come here." I wipe the tear off my cheek.

"Can I give you a hug?" I nod and she pulls me into a hug. It was nice, like the kind your grandma gives you when you fall and scrape your knee. "Know what I'm going to give you the tie, a necklace, and earrings. Free of charge."

I shake my head "I can't take that."

She squeezes my arms "you've been through enough dear, it's the least I can do. Just promise me you'll come here and at least look at our wedding dresses when the time comes."

I pull her in for another hug "of course! Thank you so much!" I run back to the dressing room and change, putting the dress back in the garment bag. When I come out they're looking at jewelry.

Tristan grabs my arm when I get to the counter "I think we found the perfect set!" He points into the case at a delicate gold set.

"That's absolutely beautiful!" I squeal.

"We thought you'd like it" the lady says then looks at Tristan "are you the same height as her fiance?" 

He thinks about it for a second then laughs "actually yes."

She smiles "good we'll find the perfect tie."

As she's measuring him he says "I'd like to buy a tie for me and my date to."

Not even fazed by what he just said she replies "sure what color?"

"Uh teal. We'll have to come back another time to get his though because he's like a foot taller." He turns to me and whispers "I'm surprised she didn't freak out."

She lets out a small laugh "I might be old but I can still hear." We both look at each other, then she continues "I think everyone should be allowed to love anyone they want. My late husband even dabbled around for awhile."

"I'm sorry for your lost" I say thinking about how I would have felt if Quentin had passed.

"I had him for 67 years" she smiles. "Are you guys ready to check out?" She rings us up and says "$125." So I give her my card then Tristan gets ready to pay for his tie. She shakes her head "your tie is free too. You shouldn't have to live your life in fear of being judged." She comes around the counter and gives us both a big hug. "I expect pictures."

"Of course!" I grab my dress and Tristan grabs everything else. "Thanks again!" We wave goodbye then leave. "Thanks for bringing me here Tris." We hop in the car and drive back to his house. By the time we get there it's dark. "We should bring this to my house so Quentin doesn't see."

"I agree!" We lug everything up to my room and put it in the back of my closet so he wont find it. 

"I'm going to grab a couple things while we're here." I say grabbing a backpack.

"Hey Pumpkin where's the dress?" My dad walks into my room and waves to Tristan.

"Hi dad. It's in my closet. Is it okay if I have a sleepover with Taylor and Tristan?"

"You have a friend that is a girl? Of course go have fun!" He cheers and leaves my room.

Tristan looks at me "your dad's a nut."

"I heard that!" he yells from his room.

I shake my head and throw my pajamas and a change of clothes into my bag. "Let's go." As we leave I pick up Quentin's tie and toss it over my shoulder. "Do you have your tie?" He holds it up and we head to his house. Once inside we go straight downstairs, finding them all in the same spots. 

Quentin looks up and his face lights up "did you find the dress?"

I toss him the tie "yep and you can't see it till prom!" I kiss his cheek and set my bag down. 

"Do you like this color?" Tristan says looking at Dylan.

He pauses his game "yeah it looks good is that mine?"

"No we have to go back you're freakishly tall so you have to be measured."

Dylan smirks "you would know."

"EWW!" Tanner screams "go outside!" 

"Fine we will go to his room." Dylan stands up, grabs Tristan's hand and leaves.

"They're going to do the nasty" Quentin says in a professional tone. 

"LALALALALA" Tanner screams plugging his ears "I don't want to know."

I laugh "I'm going to change in the bathroom." I dig my clothes out of the bag and walk into the bathroom, closing the door behind me. As soon as I pull off my dress the door opens. I cover myself "I thought I locked that."

Quentin limps in "I've already seen you naked, stop covering yourself." He closes the door behind him and sits on the lid of the toilet.

I quickly put my pajamas on "shouldn't you be in bed?"

"I wanted some privacy with you."

"It's going to be hard to get privacy now that you live here." I lean against the counter.

He shrugs "Kim's turning the room across from Taylor into mine, so we'll get a little bit. Come here." I walk over and stand between his legs. He pulls me close and looks up at me, "I can't wait to marry you baby girl." 

I bend down and give him a kiss. "You'll have to wait a little longer." 

"Anything for you" he stands up and wraps an arm around my shoulder. "Be a doll and help me to the movie room, we're going to sleep in there tonight."

We exit the bathroom and Tanner looks at us "do I even want to know?"

Quentin rolls his eyes "we're going to sleep in the movie room." We get to the movie room and he lets go then hops to the front row. I close the door and join him. "Can you grab that blanket?" He points to one laying on the ground. I bend down and pick it up, of course he whistles. I smack his arm and sit in the chair next to him. "No sit with me."

"Needy." I sit down and cuddle into his chest. He reclines the chair and I toss the blanket over us.

"You're perfect" he whispers as he runs his hand up my side. He trails kisses from my jaw to my collarbone. "You will always be my girl."

He pulls away slightly and looks into my eyes. "You're such a tease." I pull his head closer and kiss him. We make out for what seems like forever then I pull away. "We should stop."

"Now who's a tease?" He laughs and kisses my nose. "I'm sorry about my mom" he softly whispers then pulls me close. Pretty soon after I drift off, happy as can be. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

170K 1.7K 16
This book is currently being rewritten- slow updates- September 2023 Have you ever wondered what the life of a teenager who seems like a perfect Chri...
12K 274 42
Emily's parents just abandon her and her 17 year old sister, Hailey, and Gerard way decides to adopt them. Emily's world goes from terrible to prett...
11.9K 195 39
I'm from Michigan my names kate when my parents get a divorce I move to Kansas and I fall in love with my neighbor!
1K 28 27
Tessa was a 17 year old girl who was born in Tennessee, but when her mom died and her father couldn't deal with a sad 14 year old, he shipped her off...