Mission Impossible: A Kaito K...

By The-Southern-Tantei

TBA More

Introduction

I

341 16 5
By The-Southern-Tantei

(Y/N)=Your Name

(L/N)=Last Name

~

Bold=A/N (Author's Note)

Italic=Sarcasm, written speech (EX: Note, text, sign)

"Italic with quotations"=Thoughts

"Quotations"=Speaking

~

I'm heartbroken over the fact that the Magic Kaito crack videos have been removed/privated.

Enjoy~!

~I~

You stood at the end of a river stone walkway, its stepping stones dyed with a red-orange hue in the last light of the setting sun. 

You glanced down at your wristwatch to check the time: 7:26. With an inward sigh you began rhythmically tapping your foot against the concrete porch underneath you, a tap a second on time with the second hand of your watch.

Your best friend was finally returning home today, after an extended stay of seven months in Japan. As proud as you were, even you wouldn't be slow in admitting that the past seven months had been some of the loneliest you've endured since meeting your friend in early secondary school, and now you couldn't wait to have him back and in face to face teasing distance.

 A few impossibly long minutes passed before a cabbie pulled up on the opposite end of the walking path. A downward glance at your wristwatch again: 7:30.

You pursed your lips and raised your head just as the door swung open and revealed a tall blond around your age, eyes are.

He held a golden pocket watch in his left hand wherein he seemed to place all his focus and attention. His right rest loosely on the door to the cab he hadn't yet closed yet.

 You crossed your arms over your chest in an only slightly agitated fashion, "Right on time... again..." You managed to weave a sigh into the last word that left your moth.

At this the blond merely chuckled, now dragging his suitcase behind him by the handle, and stopped about four feet away from you.

"You'll have to let me reset your wristwatch in the near future, (Y/N). I'm afraid it's precisely eight-hundred-fifty-four point two milliseconds too early" he replied, a smug grin plastered onto his face.

You roll your eyes at him, "I'll never understand why you insist on being so precise when it comes to timing."

He gave a short chuckle before snapping his watch shut, "What can I say? My perfection is genetic." "Genetically obsessed, maybe." You corrected matter-of-factly.

Saguru clicked his tongue and shook his head at you. "Come, you know you love me~" There's that dreadful smirk of his again. You have to stop yourself from rolling your eyes.

"Well... seven months is a long time..." You admitted suggestively, raising your eyebrows and shrugging your hands.

Sauguru crossed his arms and silently studied your face for as long as you let him before interrupting to find out what the issue was. "As far as humorous attempts go, it wasn't your absolute worst." He didn't even have time to finish what he was saying before you were scoffing and rolling your eyes at him.

You raised your eyebrows and frowned at him and he smiled back with the most nauseating amount of feigned innocence you'd ever had the displeasure of having directed at you. But it could only last so long before your frown betrayed you and gave into the laughs you could feel forming inside of you.

You finally gave in, and Saguru joined in with a few chuckles of his own, holding out his hand to you. At this you scoffed in disbelief. And after he just mocked your phenomenal joke abilities.

You readily swatted his hand away, nearly tackling him in a long embrace. After he had caught his balance, he happily returned the gesture, patting your back a couple times because what man can resist. After a moment he repeated the taps a bit more rapidly and you released him, watching with an enormous smile as he regained his breath.

"I missed you so much! I was so lonely! Why didn't you come back sooner!?"

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

I began to pound him with questions, as my curiosity of his well-being for all this time, all came out in a huge wave of words(Of which most were impenetrable). "Wow, slow down. First of all, I told you not to call me 'nii', we're not biologically related" I grinned teasingly while he continued to speak, "Second, don't you have any other friends besides me?!" his tone seemed to posses a both annoyance and surprise. I just waved it off while he rolled his burgundy eyes.

"Lastly, I'm sorry I was gone for longer than anticipated... It's just that KID sent out another notice.." he explained. I tilted my head to the side slightly, curious as to why he was suddenly talking about kids. "Why would a kid send out a notice? If it's concerning a detective like you, this kid you speak of, he or she must have been in some kind of trouble, therefore sending some sort of SOS??" I reasoned. 

Saguru stopped mid-thought before bursting out in laughter. I just stood there, dumbfounded, as he continued to laugh his head of like an idiot. After a couple minutes of continuous laughter, I finally tapped him on the shoulder, "How do you even still have air to laugh with?" I questioned, my annoyance clearly present in my statement. "I-I'm sorry, i-it's just.. e-everyone knows who he is i-in Japan" he said in between laughs.

I just glared at him in annoyance, "Evidently- If we were talking about some child sending out an SOS, it would be no laughing matter.... so, logically thinking, that's the incorrect answer... I presume?" after telling my speculation, I waited for him to confirm my suspicions. "T-that's legitimate" he answered, finally ending his fit of laughter.

I looked down at my watch; "7: 56 pm, maybe we should head inside.. it's already dark after all" I suggested. I looked up to find him, yet again, snapping his pocket watch shut, "I ,indeed, must correct your watch" he stated, half-joking, half-serious. He made his away past me, and headed towards the front door. "Hai, hai" I joked, following him into the house. By the time I had  completely made it inside, he was already halfway up the elegant staircase. "When you return downstairs, fix some tea and tell me about the kid that kept my nii-chan away from me longer!!" I called to him from below. "I'm not your brother!" he replied. 

I chuckled softly before plopping down on the comfortable sofa in his living area. "When nii returns, I'll get to hear about this 'Kid' who compelled me to go for yet another unnecessary month without my nii... whoever he is, I officially mark him as my archenemy... wait.. what if it's a girl!? What if my nii has been seduced by some good-for-nothing slut, who just likes him for his fortune and fame!? Oh, how he has some explaining to do.... this is getting interesting.."

~

Word Count: 1190

Published: 04/10/17

Edited: 10/14/20 (Incomplete)

Well, that's all for now, folks! Next chapter won't be added for another three years, at the very least. Hope you enjoyed!

Good morning, good day, good afternoon, good evening, goodnight!

-The-Southern-Tantei

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

263K 7.7K 87
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
1.9M 86K 194
"Oppa", she called. "Yes, princess", seven voices replied back. It's a book about pure sibling bond. I don't own anything except the storyline.
1.3M 57.2K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
471K 14.4K 98
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...