A New Beginning - a Quentin M...

By JustMe4You2

Tessa was born and raised in sunny L.A., well until her parents divorce that is. Two months before her 17th b... More

Tessa Louis Jackson (1)
The beginning (2)
Where has the time gone? (3)
It's not what you think (4)
Our secret (5)
What about me? (6)
The break (7)
Is she back? (8)
This can't be happening (9)
You make me smile like the sun, fall out of bed(10)
Don't worry Princess (11)
Gorgeous (12)
Gone (13)
Lost (14)
Found (15)
Anything for you (17)
Perfect (18)
Boys will be girls (19)
I do (20)
Hawaii (21)
Sequel

She can't break us (16)

472 10 3
By JustMe4You2

I wake up to my phone buzzing next to me and Quentin still asleep on the other side. It's a text from Taylor.

Taylor: Do you want to come over? I know we haven't hug out much but I'd love to become friends.

I look over at Quentin and sigh.

Me: I'm afraid to leave Quentin's side, maybe another time?

Taylor: Oh okay sure.

Just then his mom walks in and motions for me to come out into the hall. She closes the door back behind us. "I think it's time for you to go home Tessa."

My heart drops "ok I'll go when he wakes up." 

I start turning the door knob but she pulls me back. "No I think it's best if you leave now."

"How will he know where I went? Didn't his phone get destroyed?" 

She shifts uneasily "I'll tell him. Wait out here I'll go get your things."

Why is she doing this to me? I've stuck around through this whole thing, and I sure as heck don't want to leave now. She comes back out and hands me my backpack and phone. "Thanks" I say softly sneaking a glance at him before she closes the door. "When can I come back?"

She stands between me and his door "I will be talking to your dad about that."

I nod my head and go outside to my car. As soon as I get in the driver's seat tears start flowing down my face. She hates me. I decide to text Taylor.

Me: Hey actually I'd like to hang out. I'll be there in fifteen minutes.

She answers right away.

Taylor: Yay! Bring your bathing suit, I have a couple other friends over and we're in the pool. 

That's when I realize, I've been here for two months and the only people I know are the Braungardt family, Dylan, and Quentin. I need more friends. I make the drive home and run inside. My dad isn't here, weird? I look at the time on my phone and it says eleven a.m. Never mind he's probably at work. Wait why is Taylor home? 

Me: Isn't it a Tuesday?

Taylor: Yeah but it's SPRING BREAK!

Alright that makes sense. I run up to my room and slip on a bathing suit, tossing a white maxi dress over it. I look down at my ring and set it on the nightstand, knowing my luck it'd fall off in the pool.

I shove a change of clothes, a towel, and my phone into a bag and slip on a pair of flip flops. I look around, I haven't been in my room for over a week. I turn out the lights and head next door.

*Quentin's P.O.V.*

"Mom!" I scream once I realize Tessa is gone.

She runs into my room out of breath "what's wrong hunny? Are you okay?"

"Where's Tessa?"

She grabs her heart "you scared me! I thought something was wrong!"

I roll my eyes "something is wrong. Where's Tessa?"

"Tessa left this morning."

My heart aches "why? When's she coming back?"

"She said something about all this being too much and that she needed her space? She never said when she was coming back." Tears start rolling down my face so she sits next to me and pulls me into a hug "it's okay sweetheart. You deserve better anyways."

*Tessa'a P.O.V.*

I knock on the front door, Kim answers. She smiles and pulls me into a hug "how are you feeling?"

"I'm okay but Quentin's mom practically kicked me out this morning." 

She gives me that pity smile "I'm sure she didn't mean it like that. Taylor's out back." 

I walk past her and as soon as I get to the kitchen I can see Taylor and two boys outside in the pool. I didn't know her friends were boys. Taylor sees me and waves, I walk out the door "hey Taylor."

She climbs out and runs over to me "I'm so happy you could come!" I look past her at the boys and she notices "Oh that's Jordan and Mark they're seniors at our school, well my school." She looks back at them "Say hi guys!"

They both climb out of the pool. "I'm Jordan" he shakes my hand. Then wraps an arm around Taylor.

The other shakes my hand as well "and that makes me Mark!"

"Nice to meat you two." They run and jump back in the pool. "So you and Jordan" I wink at Taylor then pull off my dress.

She glances back at them "we aren't anything." She smiles at him then looks at me "he sorta friend zoned me?"

"That didn't seem like friend zoned to me?" We laugh and run to the pool, jumping in right next to the boys. 

We swim around for awhile then Tanner and Paris join us. "Oh hey Tessa! I didn't expect to see you here. How are you?" Paris says sliding into the pool.

Mark gives us a questioning look "why wouldn't she be here?"

Without thinking Paris says "her boyfriend just came out of a coma."

"Correction, fiance." Tanner looks at me and smiles.

Taylor, Paris, Mark, and Jordan all look at me "you're engaged?"

My face turns red "kinda, but we're waiting a couple more years to get married."

Taylor and Paris swim over. "Ring please!" Paris squeals. 

"Uh I left it at my house. I didn't want to lose it." 

"Makes much sense" Tanner laughs as he back flips into the pool. 

We all separate and do our own things, but then Mark comes over to me. "Are you really engaged? Cause I think you're kinda cute."

I move away "yep I'm happily engaged. Sorry." 

He pats my shoulder "we'll see." 

Taylor notices my discomfort "who wants to get out and watch a movie?" 

I quickly climb out of the pool and grab my stuff, running inside. I run up to the spare room by Taylor's and get undressed. As soon as I put on my underwear and bra someone knocks. "Occupied" I yell. The door opens and I quickly cover myself. 

Paris walks in "sorry I figured you wouldn't mind if I changed in here to?"

I breath a sigh of relief and pull on my sweatpants "no I don't mind. I thought you were that creepy Mark kid."

"I thought I was the only one that thought he was weird! What was he even saying to you in the pool." She pulls off her bathing suit and puts on her clothes.

I give her an annoyed look and toss on my shirt "he asked if I was really engaged and I said happily. He was like "We'll see" like who's says that to someone they just met."

"If I were you I'd make sure not to be in a room alone with him." 

"You don't have to tell me twice!"

We laugh then she gets a serious look on her face "no offence why are you here? I figured you wouldn't leave Quentin's side for a long time." 

"His mom kicked me out this morning."

"She kicked you out?! Are you serious!"

"Yep and she told me she'd tell my dad when I can come back. She wouldn't even let me say goodbye!"

"That's bs! She should at least let you say goodbye before they move..." 

My heart shreds into tiny pieces "move? Since when are they moving?"

Her face softens "she didn't tell you? She's moving them to New York to be closer to her mom."

As tears stream down my face I grab my belongings and run to my house. This can't be happening. 

*Tanner's P.O.V.*

I go looking for Paris and in the process I see Tessa crying and running out the door. Trailing behind her is Paris. I grab her arm "what happened."

"I messed up Tanner I thought she knew they were moving but she didn't."

"What the hell Paris! I told you not to say anything until I got everything worked out!" I screamed at her. I run my hand through my hair "you should leave." 

"Tanner" she whined "I'm sorry." 

I ignore her and go to my room. I pace back and forth between my room and the movie room. "What's wrong Tanner?" Dylan says from the couch.

"Tessa knows Quentin's moving. Paris told her." 

"Crap."

I grab my keys "we have to go to his house." We run out to my car and rush the ten minute drive down to a five minute one. I climb out and run to the door frantically knocking "Ms. McConathy! Open up it's me Tanner!" 

She opens the door and smiles "hey sweetheart! Are you here to see Quentin?"

I push past her "no I'm here to see you." I pace in the living room "you can't take Quentin away."

She sits on the couch "my mom needs me Tanner. He's seventeen I can't just leave him."

*Quentin's P.O.V.*

I hear a knock at the door. Maybe it's Tessa! But when two minutes pass and she's not here I get up, ignoring what the doctor told me, and go to the top of the stairs. I hear Tanner.

"He can stay with me" Tanner says, he sounds annoyed.

"Tanner I know you guys are like brothers, but I think it would be best for him to leave Tessa behind. I mean it was her fault he got in a crash." My mom says trying to be sweet. That has it! I stumble down the stairs and they all look at me. "Sweetheart you aren't supposed to be out of bed." She stands up and walks toward me.

"You know sure as hell that it wasn't Tessa's fault!" I scream at her.

"Quentin hunny you're tired lets go back to bed." She grabs my arm but I yank it away. "Quentin Allen McConathy!"

"I'm not going with you."

"You are seventeen I am your mother you are coming with me whether you like it or not! Now go back to your room!"

"I'm emancipated you can't force me to do anything!" 

Dylan looks at me "when did you get emancipated?"

I look my mom dead in the eye "last year when I came home and found her cheating on my dad." 

Tears start to fall down her face "you told me you didn't go through with that."

"Well I did." I turn around and look at Tanner and Dylan "will you guys help me pack?" They nod their heads and help me upstairs. We quickly pack everything and they carry it all down, then come back to help me. 

We make it to the living room and she grabs me "please don't do this Quentin. I need you."

I shake her off "you should have thought about that when you sexted those men at night when I was in the hospital or when you lied to me earlier telling my Tessa didn't love me anymore." She falls to her knees and cries.

We get outside and Dylan slows down "are you sure about this?"

"Absolutely." They help my into the middle seat of Tanners truck. "Where's Tessa?" 

Dylan and Tanner look at each other. "She ran home crying earlier because Paris told her you were moving. Did you know your mom kicked her out this morning?"

I look at him "I need to go see her." 

"I think you should rest Quentin, you just got home last night." Dylan says with a serious look on his face.

"Can one of you check on her?"

Tanner nods his head as we pull into his driveway. They help me in and Tanner screams "Quentin is moving in mom!"

Kim pops her head over the railing "welcome home." She's the only one who knew I was emancipated. I only feel comfortable here. She's more of a mom than my own.

We make it downstairs and they put me on Tanner's bed. "I'll go check on Tessa."

I grab his arm as he leaves "thanks bro. Will you do me a favor and not tell her I'm over here? I want to surprise her tomorrow."

He smiles at me "sure."

*Tessa's P.O.V.*

As I lay in bed starring at my ring there's a knock on the door. I slowly get up and make my way downstairs. I look through the peep hole and see a teddy bear blocking the persons face. I open it and Tanner pops out. I half smile "hi Tanner." 

Tanner hands me the teddy bear "this is from Quentin." 

My eyes light up "you went to see him? Is he okay? How long do I have till he moves?"

He shifts his weight "he's okay. He didn't know that they're moving either so they probably wont leave for a while."

"Good" I smile, grabbing a jacket off the nearby hook "Do you want to hang out? I realized I'm not used to being alone anymore."

Hey shifts his eyes back to his house "actually I have plans... I can send Dylan over?"

I put the jacket back "oh okay tell him just to walk right in. Bye Tanner." I understand if he doesn't want to hang out but he doesn't have to lie. I close the door and head to my kitchen. Making a mean sandwich. 

I here the door open and close "Tessa?"

"In here Dylan!" He walks in, grabs my sandwich and takes a bite "hey that is mine!" 

He hands it back to me. "It's almost ten at night and you want me over here? You realize I have a boyfriend right?"

I stop mid chew "is it really almost ten?"

"Your nuts." He shakes his head "lets watch Bates Motel."

"YES!!!" I run to the living room and sit on the couch. "Are you coming slow poke?!" I yell back to Dylan as I turn on the show. He lays next to me and not even halfway through one episode I pass out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.2K 760 44
I moved to the bay from Oklahoma a couple years ago. I'm 18 and you can call me a troublemaker because I get in trouble a lot. My dad got a new job b...
42.4K 671 50
Tanner Braungardt's twin sister Tori Braungardt is confused.... She likes Dylan Mitchell... He likes her. But she also likes Quentin Mcconathy... And...
23.4K 310 29
Taylor spend most of her life living with her mother, He and Her Mom broke up when she was only a baby. Her mother remarry when she was five, and bre...
94 13 7
Tessa Smith has spent her life living under the protective wing of her dad. Tessa was born and raised in New Hampshire but however she got forced to...