The Bad Boy Calls Me Kitten

By HessianKills

"You'll be fine?" I shrieked. "You just got freaking stabbed! You're letting out more blood than a girl on he... More

Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Epilogue

Chapter One

1.2M 24.4K 24.2K
By HessianKills

 White fog obscured his senses....big, blurred shapes were moving around him....then came a new voice, a man's voice, shouting, panicking-

'"Lily, take Harry and go! It's him! Go! Run! I'll hold him off-" The sounds of someone stumbling from a room - a door bursting open - a cackle of high-pitched laughter-

'''Harry! Harry....wake up...."

Lupin was tapping Harry hard on the face. This time it was a minute before Harry understood why he was lying on a dusty classroom floor.

"I heard my dad," Harry mumbled. "That's the first time I've ever heard him - he tried to take on Voldemort himself, to give my mum time to run for it..."

I swallowed dryly and turned the page, desperate to find out more. I had already read all the books and seen the movies, but reading them again never got old. My back hurt from sitting against the bookshelves, but I didn't care. I never did when I was drunk in love with a new book. I was reading the third book in the Harry Potter series, Harry Potter And The Prisoner of Azkaban. In my opinion, the books were way better than the movies. It was a thick book, and incredibly time consuming. But I couldn't help myself. I mean, it was sitting right there on the bookshelf, seductively calling my name with its torn purple spine.

I don't know how much time had passed. I suppose I should have gotten up and checked the time, so I wouldn't get locked inside the library. Books were my greatest weakness. The world could have been attacked by zombies, and I wouldn't have half the mind to look out the window. Anyone else have this problem?

My mother always said "I'd rather have my nose in a book than in someone else's business." I got my love of reading from her, I suppose. She passed away a few years ago. I did miss her, but what could I do? I couldn't go back in time and change what happened, unless a tall man in a bowtie with a blue box shows up at my door.

"Miss Warrens."

I glanced up, keeping my fingertips locked onto the page. Mrs. Agnes stood over me, a stern look in her eyes. She looked at her invisible watch and tapped her wrist, as if to tell me it was time to leave. I sighed and stood up, putting the book back where I found it.

"I shall see you tomorrow, Genevieve." Mrs. Agnes smiled, ushering me out the door.

"You will! Goodbye." I said, slinging my bookbag over my shoulder. She waved as I walked out. I put my hair up in a bun as I exited down the stairs and out the front double doors. As soon as I stepped outside, a whirlwind of leaves danced around in a circle around my feet. I zippered up my jacket and shoved my hands into my pocket. Winter was coming, and I was far too excited for snow.

Winter was my favorite time of the year. Christmas, snow, and hot chocolate. Not to mention that those damned mosquitoes could burn in hell for the next glorious 6 months. I walked quickly down the street, eager to get home. We had a dinner party tonight.

Last week, a family had moved into the house next to ours. The house had been abandoned and empty for a couple years. The last resident, an old woman named Gretchen, had moved out because she lived alone and said the house was far too big for someone like her. Since then, no one else had entered until someone brought it. I had yet to see the new residents, but I hoped they didn't have a dog.

I was allergic to fur, which sucks because....dogs....puppies....basically any cute animal, I couldn't stand next to for one minute before sneezing my nose right off.

I entered the house, shuddering for a second in the hallway as the warm air suddenly hit me. I immediately closed the door to shut out the wind, accidentally slamming it in the process. My step mother came out, dressed in unusually nice attire. Her brown hair was combed into a neat bun, and she had slathered on way too much red lipstick.

"Hi." I said breathlessly, slipping out of my jacket. Marie glanced at me, seemingly in a rush. She was nice enough, I suppose. Marie and my father had met a few years after my mother passed from an aneurysm. She was a bit air-headed at times and annoying, but she made my father happy so I kept my mouth shut. Marie was very formal and old-fashioned, and busy like a bee. She seemed to always be occupied with something. 

"Good afternoon, Genevieve." she said, slipping into her jacket. I stood at the foot of the stairs, watching as Marie rushed out the door. To be completely honest, I did not know what my father saw in her. They were happy together, granted, but it wasn't the same as it had been with my mother and him.

I climbed the rest of the stairs, deciding to catch up on some Doctor Who. I had only a few more episodes left to watch, and I was dreading the day when the 11th Doctor would regenerate. I logged into VideoWeed and downloaded (not illegally, I promise) an episode.

Letting it load, I changed into some pajamas even though it was about 5 in the afternoon. My bookbag full of homework stared at me accusingly from the bed, but I tried hard not to look at it. I would do my homework...later.

Procrastination was my friend.

The front door slammed from down the stairs. I was already instantly absorbed in the episode when my father knocked on the bedroom door. I hit pause and swiveled around in my computer chair, turning to face him.

My father was like any other father. He had brown eyes and a diehard addiction to coffee. He took care of me after my mother died, all by himself until Marie came into his life. He had age lines on his handsome face. Even with all my teenage rebellions, he managed to stay the sweet, caring man I knew and loved.

"Hey, Genevieve." Dad called, leaning against the door frame.

"Hi."

"How was school?"

"Good." I said, my fingers inching towards the mouse.

"Good." he replied, looking around the room. "So did you see our new neighbors? Or should I say, neighbor?" he emphasized the singular noun. That caught my attention.

"Wait, what do you mean?" I asked curiously. "Why not plural? Is there only one person who moved into that house?"

"Yep." he answered, popping the 'p.' 

"Cool." I said. "Who is it then, Dad? Did you meet him slash her yet? Are they nice? Oh, do they have a dog? Please don't tell me they have a dog. Dad, you know I'm allergic. Oh my God. Oh my God, he or she does, doesn't he or she?" I panicked, rambling off even before he had a chance to respond.

"Genevieve!" Dad laughed at my twisted expression. "Calm down. He does not have any animals, from what Marie told me. He's a man, he's perfectly nice, and he's about your age. Although he does have to be over 18 because he lives alone. I didn't catch his name, though. Actually, I came here to talk to you about something. We need to talk about Marie." Dad said.

I stifled a groan, spinning wildly around in the chair. Seriously, swivel chairs are amazing.

"Genevieve, just listen." he said impatiently. "I have to head out to John's so I'll make this quick. Remember last week how I asked you to spend some time with Marie?"

I nodded.

"Anyways, she told me you guys didn't. Gen, you're not even making an effort to get to know how amazing Marie is. I need you to do this. Marie is perfectly willing to hang out with you, honey. You better make an effort soon. Just one hour of girl time or whatever pointless thing you women do wouldn't hurt, right?"

"Dad, I honestly do try!" I defended myself hotly. "Marie always seems busy. Like, all the time. That's not even an exaggeration, her weekends are workends. And us women do not do pointless things. We do freshly-sharpened pencil pointy things. "

"I understand, she's a busy woman. But I'm sure she'll make some time if you just ask."

"Ugh."

"I'm not going to talk about this anymore." he said sternly. I pressed my lips together in annoyance, staring at the ground. My father glanced at his watch. "I'm already late. Sweetheart, listen. Marie and I are heading out to John's for dinner and a game. Please, behave, okay? No boys, no parties, and no drinking. I'm serious."

"Okay."

"Good. See you later."

"Mm-hmm."

He left, shutting the door behind him. A minute later, I heard the front door slam, and then the rumble of a car outside my window. I waited until total silence fell over the house before turning my attention back to the ridiculously handsome Doctor.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.1K 776 21
"Oh I..I'm I'm..?" The words wouldnt form. I backed up slowly as he cocked his head to the side, confusion on his face. Then he did the last thing I...
434K 13.1K 30
My life was simple and easy. A bit lonely but I liked it. It wasn't until I literally crashed into the one who would change my life forever. My world...
222 16 17
"I will always find you. No matter where, no matter how far. I will. Always. Find. You." He snarled at me, so close I could feel his breath hitting m...
3.4K 60 5
WARNING: EXCERPT ONLY! "And you smell delicious too." He whispered beside my ear. "Like honey and cinnamon were mixed to create a scent so irresistib...