Finally (Gay Romance)

By Jordan_Super

We never know who we are supposed to fall for. We just fall for whoever is first in our sights and makes us f... More

Chapter One- Him
Chapter Two- Date
Chapter Three- Together
Chapter Four- Ryan
Chapter Five- Football
Chapter Six- Mansion
Chapter Seven- Fixed
Chapter Eight- Date Two
Chapter Nine- School
Chapter Eleven- Gone
Chapter Twelve- Movie
Chapter Thirteen- Meet
Chapter Fourteen- Changed
Chapter Fifteen- Hospital
Chapter Sixteen- Darkness
Chapter Seventeen- Home
Chapter Eighteen- Life
Chapter Nineteen- Attempt
Chapter Twenty- Chris
Chapter Twenty One- Ashley
Chapter Twenty Two- Winner
Chapter Twenty Three- Booger
Chapter Twenty Four- Nothing
Chapter Twenty Five- Home
Chapter Twenty Six- Realizations
Chapter Twenty Seven- Chosen
Chapter Twenty Eight- Together
Chapter Twenty Nine- Finally

Chapter Ten- Devestation

6.7K 197 39
By Jordan_Super

I was really upset about what had happened. It continued to replay in my mind over and over. How he was holding her and how she was holding him. But I didn't really have the right to be angry at him. If he wanted to kiss someone who was I to get mad at him.

I sat on the bus and I just couldn't stop thinking about what happened. I felt bad for just leaving Ryan like that but in the moment it seemed like the only thing to do. I wanted to text him and tell him sorry but he beat me to it. 'Why did you leave?' he asked.

'I didn't really want to intrude on you making out with that girl.' I replied. I didn't really know what to say or how to say it. I just sat there waiting for another message from him until it came.

'Oh, well I didn't mean to try to make you feel awkward. That was my girlfriend Emma. She had her first practice for softball and snuck up on me and kissed me by surprise.' Well now I felt like an idiot. Why didn't I know that the most popular guy in the school had a girlfriend? I should have known considering everyone else probably did.

'I didn't know you had a girlfriend. Well I'm sorry. I guess we can just hang out another time?' I tried to ask. I really hoped he would forgive me for just ditching him for no reason.

I knew Emma. Emma was the other star athlete of our school. She wasn't the most popular girl though but she was definitely beautiful. She had the most beautiful smile and she was perfectly fit and had nice curves. I could definitely see her and Ryan together. They would fit well. I used to be friends with her but we drifted apart because that's what happened in high school. People drifted apart and you were forced to make new friends.

'Yeah we can hang out another time no problem. I would love to. Just let me know when.' He had said when he texted me back. Okay now I had nothing to worry about. Everything was going to be alright.

'Okay I will. Cya.' I said to end the conversation. I put my headphones on and started listening to music as I always did. Music was the thing that kept me sane when I felt I was going insane. It was the thing that helped me cope with how I was feeling or made me feel better. Some days I would keep my headphones in and listen to it all day.

When I arrived home I made myself a peanut butter and nutella sandwich as soon as I walked in the door. Peanut butter and Nutella sandwiches were delicious. Ever since one of my old friends Darra told me to try it I was instantly addicted. It was just so good and it went with just about everything.

I was surprised that neither of my parents were home. Usually one of them were home when I was. I decided to go and take a shower since it was already six o clock. I went to my room and got my pajamas. I was wearing sweatpants and a T-shirt since it was still a little cold outside, so my house wasn't hot enough to wear shorts.

I went to my living room and decided to watch TV before going to bed. I looked through my recorded movies trying to decide on what to watch. I saw that I had recorded 'Burlesque' with Christina Aguilera about two months ago. It was one of my favorite movies, but I had a lot of favorites.

I was in the middle of the movie when Christina starts to sing (which was the best part) when my phone started ringing. Ron was calling me and usually he didn't call so I was a little nervous to talk on the phone. When I answered it was really loud. I could hear first res-ponder vehicles and people asking if others were okay. I was nervous that he had been in an accident until I realized he was probably playing a video game.

I assumed that he had butt dialed me by accident and didn't realize it so I just hung up. I continued to watch my movie and when it was over I went to my room to go to sleep. I got in my beautiful bed and pulled up the covers all the way to my face. It was so warm and nice and then I drifted off to a nice, deep, sleep.

Next Day

The next day at school was an awkward day. I kept catching Ryan looking at me weird. It was just really awkward and I didn't know what to say to him. Ron wasn't in school and people were talking about him. I didn't know what to say back to them because I just didn't know what they were talking about. It may not have been bad maybe they were just talking about how him and I were a couple.

English was fun though. We were doing this thing where we got to start sending letters to other people in the country. We had mail buddies in other states that we were going to start writing too. I was really excited to be writing a letter to someone about me and then hearing about them. I felt like it would be interesting to learn about someone else's lives.

My persons name was Ashley. She was 16 years old just like me and also a junior in high school. She lived in Ohio and ran track like I did also. I didn't know what to write but I started it out just as you start any letter.

'Dear Ashley,

I guess that we are now mail buddies. I figured that I would like to change the name instead of saying pen pals. Its too over used. I live in New York and I love food. But I'm in shape because I do track but you probably already knew that. I know that you do track also. What are your events? Are you a sprinter? I hope that isn't too many questions for my first letter. I'm sixteen too and I was wondering if you had a sweet sixteen. If you did where was it and did you have fun? I don't really know what else to say.

Sincerely,

James'

I thought that that would be a good first letter. I read it over and over again because it wasn't like a text message. Once I sent it I would have to wait to get a reply. It was kind of weird sending a letter. What if someone opened it and read it. I didn't think it was as secure as a text message. But I guess I would have to trust the mail man.

I went to lunch and I was pretty lonely considering Ron wasn't here. It made me really sad. I was sort of back to my old days when I didn't have anyone to talk to and was continuously bullied. I went over to throw out the mashed potatoes that didn't look edible and I saw Ryan. He moved his head towards the exit so I went to go get my stuff and I left the room. I waited in the next hallway for him to show up.

"Hey what's up?" I asked when he came out of the lunch room.

"I am so sorry. I'm here if you need someone to talk to. I can't believe something like that happened I am so sorry." I had no idea what he was talking about. I think he could tell by my face that I didn't know what was going on because he said "You don't know?"

"Know what?"

"That Ron was in a car accident." My facial expression completely turned a one eighty. Why didn't anyone tell me. Why am I the last one to find out because it seemed that the entire school knew. I guess the sirens I heard were real sirens. They must not have been from a video game. "Is he badly hurt? Did he die? Is he in the hospital?"

I felt such a mix of emotions I didn't know what to say next. My eyes were tearing up and I had that thing in my throat. The thing where if you talk you're going to stutter your words and cry.

"Yeah he is in a coma. I am so sorry James. If you want to cry you can. I will be here for you no matter what." I was in tears. I was crying so hard the top of my shirt was already beginning to become wet. Ryan hugged me and kept me in his arms. He comforted me but I continued crying and it just got worse. He took me and he helped me walk to his car. He started the engine and I was guessing he was going to his house. I couldn't see the road because of my tears. I got to the point where I had no tears left and I was just sobbing. I had no energy left at that point and I fell asleep.

I dreamt of myself with Ron on a river date. We were on the Queen Bonnet and we were on the Hudson River. The boat was white and it had red outlines on it to make the details of it stand out. There was an American flag and another flag that read 'The Queen Bonnet Sails Away'. He walked me up the steps onto the boat and walked me into a room. There was a glass with roses in it and the table was all white along with the chairs. I was in absolute awe and I couldn't believe how beautiful everything looked, it was perfect.

"Do you like it?" he asked.

"No I love it. It is absolutely perfect. Everything about it." There was so much light the entire place was bright and it was so nice I wanted to be here forever. We sat down and just began talking. We started talking about how he and I were so happy together. We talked about how he thought he was so out of shape and I told him he was perfect to me the way he was. He smiled and leaned over the table and kissed me.

It was probably one of the best kisses ever. A waiter came over to us and handed us our food. We hadn't ordered but the waiter gave me baby back ribs with Jack Daniels sauce. This was one of my favorite meals. I looked at Ron and he was already smiling at me. "You remembered?"

"I don't remember many things but I would remember a lot of things for you. Lets dig in." I poured the sauce over the ribs and I ate it like there was no end. Ron had gotten chicken with a side of salad. He thought he had to maintain his 'boyish figure' where as I ate whatever I wanted and never gained weight. When I finished my ribs I felt someone touching me.

"James wake up. We're here." I opened my eyes and saw that we were at a hospital. I remember what Ryan had told me about Ron getting in a car crash. As soon as I thought of it there were tears in my eyes again. "We are going to go see him alright?" I nodded my head yes and started telling myself I couldn't cry. I told myself that I had to be strong for Ron. I got out of the car and I walked inside. I went to the receptionist desk and I said hi to the people that were working at the moment. I didn't sound like I had been crying or like I had just woken up. I volunteered at the hospital numerous times so I didn't have to get a clip for my shirt like Ryan did.

We walked over to the elevator and we got inside. I hated the smell of hospitals. That's why I stopped volunteering. I also couldn't handle people I talked to abruptly dying. Ryan hit the button for the sixth floor which was the critical care floor. The elevator doors opened and I looked down the hallway to see tons of people that I was guessing were his family. We walked down the hall and Ryan waved to his parents and they just looked at him. He took my hand and walked me into the room. He looked so...

****

Hey everyone. Sorry to end the chapter like that. Are you enjoying the book? Did you like this chapter? Did you cry? Let me know your thoughts.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 328 24
Bobby is straight. I'm gay. This should be simple. Why, then, is it so complicated? ***** Caleb hated the fact that he was falling for his best frien...
502 158 29
I only ever met one man I'd call truly noble. He was a man who was misunderstood and worthy of the world, yet everyone saw him differently. That was...
1.8K 399 24
Sometimes love doesn't come when we expect them to, and sometimes it does come when we expect them. Marks life suddenly became difficult and miserabl...
2.8K 93 7
What would you do if your boyfriend broke up with you for someone else? Even worse. She is that girl. Popular, shallow and horribly perfect. The one...