Catching you

By smiling_optimist

"I understand!" were the words Haley Scott tells her boyfriend often these days. What she actually means is t... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
Thank you!
Special I

29

379 24 3
By smiling_optimist

Jason Taylor

Holy shit! Did Haley Scott just admit that she likes me? Did she really just say in her soft, melodic voice, that her whole concentration will be on me? Haley mentioned a certain boy and fuck if that is not me this boy will have serious problems!

Somehow I managed it to close Haley's door and round the car to climb into the driver's seat. I glance at her just to see a blush still present on her cheeks and that is proof enough that Haley meant me.

"So tell me why you think you'll like Star Wars so much.", I want to know and try to stir the topic of conversation into a safe direction. Otherwise I would just pull over, haul Haley into my arms and kiss her.

As this thought enters my mind I tighten my grip on the steering wheel and Haley tells me: "My brother absolutely loves it, but he always watches the movies at a friends house. I know the basics, because I used to read for him and honestly I liked it a lot. But nobody ever wanted to watch it with me and the movies are kind of long to watch them just by myself."

I smile gently at her and reply: "Now you got me for that!"

Haley's answering smile lights up her whole face and I am absolutely certain that I will not be able to hold back any longer.

Fortunately we arrive at school and I park my car close to the gym. While I open Haley's door I want to know: "So tell me what happens next."

Haley climbs out of the car and replies: "Thanks. First there'll be warm ups, then the coach will want to talk with us and then the game starts."

I nod my head in understanding, close the car door and just as I am about to take Haley's hand in mine again, I find my hand already in hers.

I freeze momentarily, because Haley has never initiated holding hands with me before, but after overcoming this more than pleasant surprise I tighten my hold on her hand and smile like a complete idiot.

Haley giggles at my reaction and I really hope that she cannot see my blush.

While walking towards the gym Haley tells me about her breakfast with her friends and I immediately realize that something must have happened there, because Haley does not seem so shy around me anymore.

When we enter the gym I instantly notice how many people have come to watch and much to my dislike I realize that a lot of them are boys from our high school.

Haley seems taken aback by the crowd as well, but she just suggests: "Must be the fan club of the other team."

I shoot a death glare at anybody, who dares to look at Haley and before she goes to meet her team I pull her closer to me and kiss her forehead. Haley's face lightens up with her smile and I tell her huskily: "Good luck Hales!"

Then she enters the dressing room and I wait until I cannot see her anymore to find a seat, where I can overlook the whole court.

I try not to pay attention to the tattle of the boys, who talk about how hot the girls in their volleyball gear are. However, I have to agree with them. Haley looks really good in it. Before my thoughts are able to ger dirtier the two teams enter the gym and I immediately see Haley. She is talking with another girl and as if she could feel my stare she turns in my direction. Haley instantly notices me, smiles and waves. I goofily smile and wave back at her.

"Wow did she just wave at me?", the boy in front of me wants to know and follows Haley with his head.

"She meant me!", the one next to the first declares and I, having enough of it, lean forward and tell them bluntly: "I think my girlfriend smiled and waved at me."

Shocked the two boys look wide eyed at me and sheepishly face forward again. I do not even feel slightly guilty about my behavior, instead I felt the butterflies in my stomach stir when I called Haley my girlfriend. I sigh, because I really hope that the moment will come soon when I will be able to call the most beautiful creature I ever met my girlfriend.

The teams begin their warm ups and my eyes are solely glued on Haley and how graceful she moves everytime she serves a ball or passes it to another girl. Their coach then walks onto the court and talks with the girls.

Soon the game starts and I notice that Haley's position is the one that requieres you to serve the ball. Her team is the first to serve and Haley chooses a jump serve, which is really impressive as the opponent team struggles to get the ball back over the net.

Haley's team is really good and I soon realize that they are going to win the first set. Haley does not play in the second set, but as the opponent team wins this one, coach tells Haley to play in the third set as they have to win this one in order to win the whole tournament.

The third set is going pretty good for Haley's team and they only have to score one more point for the win. The ball is passed to Haley's team again and Haley is going in for a dig, which looks extremely hurtful considering Haley almost chucks herself on to the floor. She manages to get the ball and another team mate jumps high enough to get the ball into the opponent's court. The ball hits the floor and this means Haley's team wins.

My eyes are, however, glued to Haley's ellbow that already started to bleed, because of the impact of her dig. Immediately I jump up and run to the court only to see Haley getting taken care of already. The girls have gathered around her, but apparently it is not that bad, because Haley is laughing and talking to them.

They walk into the dressing room and the people on the benches walk outside except of families and friends.

A while later Haley's team emerges from the dressing room and I immediately spot Haley. I walk towards her and take her bag, which she carried on her shoulder.

"I'll take that! Are you hurt bad? That looked pretty nasty!", I tell her and instantly take a look at her ellbow, which is now wrapped in a bandage.

Haley places the other hand reassuringly on my chest and softly tells me: "It wasn't that bad. Believe my I had worse!"

My eyes shoot to hers and I want to know: "How bad?"

Haley grimaces and says: "Let's tak about food instead, I was thinking pizza?"

I smile at her and nod my head.

Haley says goodbye to her team mates, who are all looking in my direction one at a time, and then walks to me again.

"What was that?", I ask her chuckling.

Embarrassed Haley blushes and shakes her head: "They're all just protective!"

I smile gently at her and reply: "Good to know, but I'm very protective as well."

With that I take her hand in mine and we head towards my car again.

"Is it alright that I'm stealing you from your team tonight?", I want to know worriedly. I want Haley's friends to like me and them not being mad at me that I stole their treasured friend.

Haley shakes her head in denial and responds: "It wasn't that big of a tournament so we're not celebrating tonight, but even if we did I already promised you this evening."

I smile happily at her making time for me and open her car door.

"Why didn't you shower?", I tease her.

Haley laughs and says: "You've no idea how long girls need in the shower and we just have three in the gym so I always take a shower at home."

I chucke at that and round the car to get into the driver's seat.

"So which pizza should I order?", I want to  know on our way to Haley's house.

"No way, the pizza is on me, so I'm not going to tell!", Haley tells me smilingly.

"But I'm the man.", I try to win this argument.

"But it's my house and your my guest!", Haley states and I grin at her.

"You drive hard bargains!"

She winks at me and says:" You haven't seen anything!"

I laugh and tell her delighted: "Then I'm looking forward to more."

"So what's your favourite pizza?", she asks and I say: "Bacon, bell pepper, mushrooms, corn and lots of cheese."

Haley looks wide eyed at me and I admit: "You wouldn't be the first one to tell me it sounds disgusting."

Haley giggles and says: "I wouldn't, because it's my favourite pizza as well!"

I shoot her an unbelievable look, but Haley just takes out her phone winking at me.

After Haley ordered our pizza, she really ordered the same pizza, she checks her messages and the mutters. "Oh Oh."

"What?", I immediately want to know and look at Haley worriedly.

She sheepishly turns to face me and answers: "My mom just asked me if I didn't forget to water the garden."

"And you did?", I ask her laughingly.

Haley nods her head ashamed and the second we are at her house she is out of the car in record time.

I laugh and carry her bag inside her house and walk into the garden to see Haley watering the flowers with a hose.

"It doesn't look too bad, does it?", Haley wants to know worriedly and I shake my head.

"I'm sure your mom watered the flowers on thursday so they only went two days without water.", I reassuringly tell her.

Reassured by this Haley nods her head and continues watering the plants.

I, however, just take a seat in a chair and look at her. Haley just looks so beautiful with her hair braided back. A few strands escaped her braid and frame her face now. Her volleyball gear fit her like a second skin and because of her really short shorts I am able to see more of her legs then ever. You can definitely see that Haley works out more often, but you are also able to notice her female curves.

Suddenly a thought strikes me and I realize how I can pay Haley back for her joke when we had lunch together.

After Haley is finished watering the plants she walks to the faucet to turn it off, but I am faster and I take the hose out of her hand and hose her down.

Haley laughs at that and tries to escape me, but I follow her and say teasingly: "I'm just helping you getting a shower."

Haley then tries to fight me for the hose and I do not know how, but she actually succeeds and now I am wet as well.

Haley laughs delighted at that and turns off the faucet.

My grin is full of mischief when I ask her: "Did you just get me completely wet?"

Haley laughs and wants to know: "What if I did?"

I chuckle and then lung at her, but she is quick and avoids me grabbing her. Giggling like crazy Haley then runs away from me, but I am faster and this time I manage to grabe her. I lose my balance and fall to the ground with Haley on top of me.

We burst out laughing and I cannot remember a time I was more carefree.

Suddenly I realize that Haley is laying on top of me and how close her face is to mine. I feel my heart starting to race and how my whole body reacts to hers. She is still chuckling and I marvel at her beauty. Her baby blue eyes are sparkling with glee and I do not think there was a time when Haley was more beautiful than now.

Her laughter has died down, but their is still a smile on her lips. One of my arms has already wrapped itself around her waist, holding her even closer, and with my fingers I gently caress her cheek. Haley leans into my touch and smiles lovingly at me.

What better moment is there to kiss the girl you are so much in love with than now?

So I pull her face gently closer to mine and when I notice Haley closing her eyes and leaning in I do not hesitate to follow suit.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 414 28
When Leah first hooked up with Landon, she thought it would be a one time thing. Once turned into twice, turned into countless times. Now, she's wond...
8.7K 295 51
We all remember that first love. The one who we fell head over heels in love with who also destroyed us. When Emily meets Jay on her first day at the...
419K 15.5K 70
Coming out must be hard but only doing so because you can no longer hide your feelings for your bestfriend is unimaginable. A story about falling in...
1.9K 241 26
Highest Rankings ever: #7cute couple #59 sparks #1 charming "Impressive," I said to him when he stood next to me. "I know," he replied smugly. "You...