WAR OF HEARTS ↠ KOL MIKAELSON

By parxdisejpg

❝SHE WEARS STRENGTH AND DARKNESS EQUALLY WELL, THE GIRL HAS ALWAYS BEEN HALF GODDESS, HALF HELL.❞ [THE ORIGIN... More

THE RISE: EPIGRAPH
THE RISE: PROLOGUE
1:01
1:02
1:03
1:04
1:05
1:06
1:07
1:08
1:09
1:10
1:11
1:12
1:13
1:14
1:15
1:16
1:17
1:18
1:19
1:20
1:21
THE RISE: EPILOGUE
THE STAND: EPIGRAPH
2:01
2:02
2:03
2:04
2:05
2:06
2:07
2:08
2:09
2:10
2:11
2:12
2:13
2:14
2:15
2:16
2:17
2:18
2:19
2:20
2:21
2:22
2:23
THE STAND ↠ EPILOGUE
THE AFTERMATH ↠ EPIGRAPH
3:01
3:02
3:03
3:04
3:05
3:06
3:07
3:08
3:09
3:10
3:11
3:12
3:13
3:14 / EPILOGUE
FOR HOPE, FOR FAMILY ↠ EPIGRAPH(S)
prologue
4:02
4:03
4:04
4:05
epilogue
New chapters chosen by YOU
THE ONE WHERE HE DIED
THE ONE WHERE HE WAS UNDAGGERED

4:01

21.6K 527 407
By parxdisejpg

| FOR HOPE, FOR FAMILY:
CHAPTER ONE |

"WE NEED TO SPLIT UP." Rhea informed Kol, already knowing what his answer was going to be.

"No, not a chance." They were running out of time and arguing about this was not going to help.

"Kol, you need to help Rebekah and I need to go into those tunnels. Freya is being naive if she believes she's just going to get Nik out of there in a few moments, I can almost guarantee that there is five years worth of barrier spells down there, she won't be able to do it alone. So go, and I'll see you soon." He looked torn at her words, he knew she was speaking sense, but he also didn't want her to be out of eyesight, in fear of what might happen.

He sighed, "Fine, but the first inkling I get of you being in danger, I'm coming."

Rhea chuckled, "I wouldn't expect any less." She leaned up, placing a quick kiss on his lips, "Now go." And then they were both off, Kol vamp-speeding to Rebekah, and Rhea running through underground tunnels— both more worried about the other with each step they took further away. 

Rhea arrived at Marcel's own personal dungeon in almost record time, out of breath and quite frankly, worn out. She had pushed herself so hard, knowing she needed to get there. What awaited her, didn't surprise her at all. Freya was trying her hardest to keep the barrier open, but Rhea could see the salt was slowly closing back up.

The Mikaelson witch was going to leave herself worn out and quite literally, a flat battery of magic if Rhea didn't intervene.

She jogged over, seeing Freya's shaking hands whilst she chanted, "Sorry, Freya." She mumbled, before pushing the witch out of the way, the amount of magic she had used added with her fall made her pass out, hardly a surprise— not even a second later, Rhea slammed her hands onto the invisible barrier, chanting lowly under her breath.

As she was chanting, she was seeing flashes of the same scene— only different, Klaus has conjured Camille from his subconscious and the vision of her was telling him to pull the blade of his chest.

The barrier of salt opened up again, and Rhea knew that it was now or never.

Using her magic to amplify her voice to a point where the hybrid wouldn't be able to ignore it, she screamed, "KLAUS!" Her voice seemed to fill every inch of the tunnels yet it was confined to this one carved out part.

She wasn't sure it had worked, until she heard a clink and saw the blade that was embedded into Klaus' chest just moments ago, on the floor. She looked up to see the hybrid slowly standing, taking the blade with him.

He left the barrier and Rhea let it close back up before standing before the hybrid who looked quite frankly, like hell.

They eyed each other for a few moments, before both breaking out into a grin— Klaus all but lunged at the witch, embracing her for the first time since their emotional goodbye five years ago. She hugged back, she may have spent half her life hating him, but she's spent equally as much time loving him like a brother.

"You look like crap." Rhea stated once she pulled away.

"And she's already insulting me, things haven't changed a bit, have they?" He asked playfully.

Rhea rolled her eyes, but both Klaus and her froze when they heard the commotion coming from upstairs.

"Come on, we better do something before he chews out Elijah's throat." Rhea used her magic to revive Freya quickly, who was less than pleased.

"I almost had it!" She had argued, Rhea had simply smirked and said, "Yeah, right up until the moment you didn't."

They had silently made their way up into the abattoir, hearing the tail end of Marcel's rant.

"They were my family too! And Elijah tore my heart out and threw me off a bridge and his brother just stood by and watched. There is only one justice left!" Marcel all but snarled out.

Rhea, Freya and Klaus walked across the courtyard as Marcel started to transform, clearly ready to end Elijah's life— unto Klaus reached under the vampires right arm and embedded the blade into his chest— Marcel cried out, Hayley and Elijah were taken back at first, until they saw who it was. Relief flooded both of their features.

As Marcel fell to the floor, crying out in pain, Rhea looked to them all, "We need to go, now."

▽▲▽▲▽

"And while we have a moment, I wanted to say thank you." Rebekah told Kol as they waited for the rest of their family, their escape wasn't exactly.. sanitary— none of them relished the thought of trekking through sewage pipes. Kol was beginning to worry, everyone else was meant to be there twenty minutes ago. Rhea should've been there twenty minutes ago.

"For what?" Kol asked, confused.

"For coming to get me. So I could be sitting here, annoyed at you. I know how hard it must've been for you to leave Rhea when we're all in so much danger." Rebekah told him with a thankful smile.

Kol's face lit up, a genuine smile taking over his features at actually feeling appreciated by a member of his family for once.

Before anything else could be said, they heard splashes, and turned their attention to the large pipes.

Elijah, Klaus and Rhea were out first, the hybrid had an arm over each of their shoulders, his moment of adrenaline from the breakout had gone and he was feeling rather weak— not that he'd admit, of course.

Freya and Hayley were right behind. Rebekah and Kol made their way to them, Rebekah hugging Klaus instantly while Kol was glad that his brother was safe and even more glad that Rhea didn't seem to be harmed at all.

"Hey, you can hug him later, we need to leave." Freya told them before Hayley added, "Marcel's right behind us, go, go, go!"

"Actually," they heard his voice before they saw him up ahead, "I'm right here."

The family stood united, Kol laced his fingers through Rhea's pulling her slightly closer to him as they engaged in a tense stare off with Marcel.

"You shouldn't have come back, none of you." Marcel said with a shake of his head.

"That's what family does, we fight for each other." Hayley bit back.

"Yeah, so I've heard. Though it didn't really work out for me did it?"

Kol looked at him in disbelief, "Oh for god sake, you were never a Mikaelson. Get over it. Alright, don't you have a city to run? Vampires to boot out of town?"

Marcel took a threatening step towards Kol and Rebekah took a place in between Marcel and her family, "If you wanna kill one of us, you'll have to kill us all."

Marcel pointed a finger, "Hey, don't push me, Rebekah." He threatened.

She shrugged her shoulders, "Well, get on with it, let's end this once and for all."

"Thats enough," Klaus announced, walking forward, "That's enough, Marcel, you've won. New Orleans was our city once, now it's yours, for good."

"Is the great Klaus Mikaelson accepting defeat?" Marcel asked patronisingly, "Or is this all just another distraction?" He questioned, looking to them all.

"Neither," Klaus confessed, "In fact, despite your appalling behaviour I'm offering you a chance of peace. Attempt to kill us all and you'll be making a mistake, any who survive would no doubt return to seek revenge. Bringing our enemies back to your city in our wake— and even if you did manage to eliminate us all, one day, my daughter would come for you. And her daughter after that, on and on for all your days. An endless cycle of violence you will bring upon yourself. Or," Klaus paused, "Or we leave. And we never come back."

Marcel laughed in disbelief, shaking his head, "After all that time buried in a hole, you still got some nerve." Klaus raised his brows, "You stand there with a straight face and try to sell this like it's your choice." Rhea squeezed Kol's hand slightly, seeing Marcel get more wound up by the second.

He continued, "Here's the truth, I could kill all of you right now. And tonight? I would sleep like a baby. Hell, that's what you would do. You've destroyed more people, ending more lives, ended more families than anyone who's ever lived. All because you can, but here's the other truth, despite being raised by you people, I am nothing like any of you. In fact, I'm proud as hell I'm not a Mikaelson. I beat you all, without turning into you. And now you can live the rest of your lives, knowing that the only reason you exist, is because I am showing you mercy."

"Now go, and don't ever come back." He finished. It only took a few seconds for the Mikaelsons to walk away, from Marcel, from New Orleans. For good. Atleast, for now, anyway.

▽▲▽▲▽

"Kol, why do you still have Josh's phone?" Rhea questioned as she got out of the car, seeing Kol with the phone in question, looking at a photo of Rhea, Davina and Josh.

Kol smiled slightly, "Just doing a favour for a friend of a friend of my wife's." He said cryptically before snapping the phone in half and throwing it to the floor, "Now I'm ready for a bourbon."

He grabbed Rhea's hand as they entered the large house, prepared to do nothing more for the rest of the night expect bask in the company of his girl, and their freedom.

▽▲▽▲▽

The next morning, the Mikaelson siblings had joined on the back porch, Rhea had taken to walking around the garden, she needed a few moments alone, considering what day it was. She could hear them squabbling about leaving the country as soon as possible, which she agreed with— Marcel may have granted them mercy, but there's no guarantees he won't ever change his mind.

She was so deeply in her own little world that she nearly jumped out of her skin when she heard a small voice say, "Hello."

Once she caught her breath, she looked down and saw the most beautiful little girl she had ever laid her eyes on with brilliant auburn hair and striking blue eyes— almost a replica of her fathers own eyes.

"Hey there, sweetie. Are you ok?" She asked, sensing the girls timid behaviour.

"They were all arguing and I just, didn't like it." She said shyly, Rhea bent down so she was at eye-level with Hope.

"They only argue because they love each other, a whole lot." Rhea told her gently.

"You're Rhea, aren't you?" Hope asked, already knowing the answer— Rhea nodded with a kind smile on her face.

"I sure am, kiddo."

"You're my favourite aunt, mom has told me so many stories about you and uncle Kol. Mom told me she had never seen two people love each other the way you do, it's my favourite fairy tale." Rhea's heart nearly melted there and then, she could tell that Hope was becoming less shy by the minute.

"Hmm, I don't know about that. I think your dad might love you just a little bit more than I love Kol." Rhea told the girl, locking eyes with the hybrid who was still stood on the porch— along with the rest of his siblings who were watching on in awe, especially Kol, who had never seen Rhea with a child before. It stirred something within him.

"Mom said when I'm old enough, you'll teach me some magic." Hope changed the subject which Rhea wasn't surprised at, Hope was probably so overwhelmed right now— and she was still so young.

"Of course I will, in no time you'll be a better witch than I am. Just don't go hex'ing me, ok?" Rhea said playfully, Hope let out a laugh before wrapping her arms around Rhea's neck— hugging her tightly. Rhea hugged back, the little girl melting her heart more and more by the second.

"I'm gonna go inside, ok? But I have something special for you, I'll give it to you later, deal?" Rhea asked as she pulled away.

Hope nodded, "Deal." And she walked over to one of the tables which held art supplies, another trait she had gotten from her father.

As Rhea made her way back to the house, all eyes were on her, "What? I'm good with kids." She said with a shrug, "Now, where's the food?"

▽▲▽▲▽

Whilst Kol was feeding off the housekeeper, Rhea was filling herself up on, well, everything she had found in the kitchen. Truth be told, she was comfort eating.

Rebekah entered the kitchen moments later, "Oh, here you both are. Wherever there is booze and blood."

"You know, I came in here to have a quiet bite alone— thank you very much." He informed his sister, but his alone didn't mean what anyone else's meant— alone to him, meant just him and Rhea.

"Well, go and be alone somewhere else because I have some thinking to do and I would like to do it near the expensive wine." Rebekah told him as she opened up a bottle of wine and poured a glass.

"After five years of being trapped in a house together, here we are. Trapped. In a house. Together." Kol finished slowly, showing his obvious frustrations at the situation.

"Well at least this one doesn't have imaginary blood." Rebekah said as she came over, biting into the maids wrist and squeezing some blood into her glass.

"It's not normal," Kol started, "Living in each others pockets for a thousand years. Paranoia, betrayal, violence, repeat." The housemaid fell the floor and Kol hardly spared her a look. Rhea looked up at Kol, he was speaking so much more maturely about the situation than he ever had before— he had changed significantly over the years, and she couldn't be prouder. She never wanted him to change and she never tried to change him, it was all of his own accord.

"Well, we're in debt, so if it's normal you're after, I don't fancy the chances. And why the sudden melancholy? Did you expect to break out of the Chambre de Chasse and into a family cured of dysfunction?" Rebekah questioned, confused as to where Kol's wise words had come from.

Kol hopped off the counter, coming closer to his sister, "When we were in there, it felt like the world had stopped, but it didn't. It kept turning," he looked over to Rhea, who rested her head against her hand, twirling the noodles on her plate, no interest in them at all, "Without Davina. And I don't think it's fair that Rhea has to live with the two people responsible for her death for the rest of eternity."

Rhea's voice was heard, though she didn't look up, only continuing to push her food around her plate, "You know, she would've been twenty three today and I wonder what she would've done with the time. She would've made the world a better place." Her voice broke towards the end.

Kol looked at Rebekah, trying to make her see his point, "Meanwhile, we're here. Breathing. And what're we doing?"

Rebekah sighed, "Paranoia, betrayal, violence, repeat." Kol nodded, glad that Rebekah was on his level. The latter left the kitchen only moments later, her decision made.

Kol turned to Rhea, walking over to her before bending down so he was at eye level with her, "I'm going to collect our things, and then we're ready to go. Are you ready?"

Rhea looked up at him, relief flooding her features, "You go ahead, go find a car. I'll meet you later, I have someone to say goodbye to." She told him, he nodded before placing a loving kiss to her temple.

"She would be proud of you." He whispered before vamp-speeding out of the room to gather all that they needed.

Rhea waited a few moments before taking off out of the house and into the woods, seeking out the two people she needed to see.

"Klaus!" She called out once she spotted him, he turned towards the witch, visibly beaming after spending the day with his daughter.

One look at her face told him all he needed to know, "You're leaving, aren't you?" Rhea nodded.

"You can't leave, not already, you said you'd teach me magic when I'm older." Hope spoke up, looking sad at the revelation.

"Hey," Rhea said, coming to stand in front of Hope, "Its not forever, I promise I'll be back quicker than you know it. Can you remember what I told you earlier? That I had something for you?" Hope nodded.

Rhea reached into her back pocket, pulling a silver bangle out of her back pocket before bending down in front of her.

"This, is for you," she put the bangle on Hope's wrist, upon closer inspection she could see intricate floral designs all around it, "Someone very important gave this to me, it's a friendship bracelet but it's much more than any normal bracelet. If you ever need me, all you have to do is take the bracelet, hold it in your hands and say 'amicus' and wherever in the world I am, I'll be there in a second." Rhea told her, the young girl beamed at the gift, "Now, the person who gave me this was very important to me, so you have to keep this very safe. I'll tell you all about her someday. She was my best friend, her name was Davina. Davina Claire."

"Thank you, auntie Rhea." Hope said as she looked at the bangle in awe before wrapping her arms around the witch again, "Come back soon." She whispered in her ear.

Rhea chuckled, "I promise, little one." Once they pulled away, Klaus told Hope to go and pick some more flowers whilst he spoke to Rhea.

"Kol's already gone, hasn't he?" Klaus questioned, knowing his brother too well.

"You know he's never been good with goodbyes." She pointed out, Klaus nodded in agreement.

Rhea looked over to Hope, "She's one amazing little girl, she clearly didn't get that from you because quite frankly, you're a pain in my asś." Rhea said accusingly, causing Klaus to let out a loud laugh.

"I'll miss you both." Klaus confessed, he knew they would be fine on their own. In fact, he knew they needed this time on their own.

"We'll miss you too." Rhea looked at her watch, "I better go."

She stepped forward, wrapping her arms around the hybrid, who welcomed the embrace.

"Stay out of trouble." Rhea warned.

"Keep my brother alive." Klaus asked of her as they pulled away, already knowing that neither of them would let anything happen to the other.

"Always." Rhea told him with a smile, "Goodbye Klaus."

"Goodbye, Rhea." And then she was gone and somehow Klaus knew his family wouldn't be whole again until both Rhea and Kol were back.

▽▲▽▲▽

"You've been gone three hours and you haven't even got a car?" Rhea questioned with a raised brow as she met Kol.

"Stopped for a bite, or three, or maybe it was four." He confessed with a devilish smirk.

"You're lucky I love you." Rhea told him with a fake frown, but she couldn't hold it and only seconds later she was grinning.

"I think I've found our ride, anyways. A little beauty just down there." He nodded his head in the direction of a blue convertible, he grabbed her hand, hating the loss of physical contact with her in the last three hours, "Ready?"

"Of course." Rhea told him, giving his hand a reassuring squeeze. They walked towards the car that Kol had his eyes on, Rhea let out a low whistle at the car— liking what she was seeing.

"Nice car," Kol complimented, "Hey, you mind if we borrow it?"

Both of them stopped still when they saw the gaping wound on the strangers neck, he was dead.

A low gust of wind was heard before a very familiar voice said, "I knew you'd both like this car, you're far too predictable." And there was Rebekah, blood dripping from the side of her mouth, leant over the side of the car with a smirk on her face.

"What're you doing, Bex?" Rhea questioned, not believing for a second that the blonde was about to leave Klaus' side.

"Well I'm due an adventure and St. Tropez is a good a place as any." She told them, she had a carefree attitude about her for once, it was good to see, "Besides, someone's gotta keep the two of you out of trouble, remind me how many times have you nearly gotten yourselves killed?"

Kol and Rhea chuckled, she had a point there.

"Okay, fine, but I call shotgun. Get in the back, princess." Rhea told her, before moving round the to the passenger side of the car. Rebekah hopped in the back, laying across the seats, making herself comfortable.

Kol got into the drivers seat, starting to engine before looking to Rhea, who was already looking at him.

They had been through so much in the last decade and yet they had conquered it all, even death. Not many people — if any— could say that, they were lucky, that much they knew. One thing was for sure, they thanked their lucky stars each and every day, because Rhea Monroe without Kol Mikaelson was a sight that no one ever wanted to see again. So as they drove off into the night, they made a silent vow to never let anyone get that close to tearing them apart again— and god forbid anyone who even tried to, as they would suffer something far worse than death.

▽▲▽▲▽

Wow, i'm so emotional. So many emotions in this chapter.

I've been thinking of maybe doing a couple of chapters here and then of them on their travels? What do you guys think?

Don't forget to check
out my Klaus fic!

-Meg ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1M 79.5K 36
❝When everyone knows you're a monster, you needn't waste time doing every monstrous thing.❞ In which Eleanor Fraser has her life turned for the b...
45.1K 1.6K 36
Rosalie Salvatore and Klaus Mikaelson left for New Orleans. When her visions and nightmares get worse and then she is faced with the most difficult c...
305K 7.3K 49
Ranked #2 in #niklaus stories ☺️ *** in which a thousand years later, a young woman is back from her slumber and will do whatever it takes to win bac...
72.3K 2K 18
A story in which a girl who watches TVD dies and wakes up in the TVD Universe, only somethings not right.......... ⚠️DISCONTINUED⚠️