The Mistakes That Made Us (Be...

By NutellahQueen

Katherine Kyles is a wolf. But not a happy one. Beaten, abused, made fun of, neglected and a horrible family... More

Must Read Before Commencing Novel
*Chapter 1- The Root of Pain*
*Chapter 2- Good Riddance*
*Chapter 4- Visitors*
*Chapter 5- We are not a Pack*
*Chapter 6- Total Recap*
*Chapter 7-When in Rome...*
*Chapter 8- Tension*
*Chapter 9-Innocence*
The 2nd day
Meeting the sisters
Our Parents are here
The devil's servant
We are leaving...For a Castle.
Drake's secret
Finally at the castle
Brock met is mate
The training
The surprises
The mate's and a song
The coranation
Relaxation...then devistation
Anger, confusion and faith
The attack and the letter
Gone
Dainala and Angel
The question
This asshole finally revealed himself
Wrath
THE END
Delete or not?

*Chapter 3-Moving Forward*

77.7K 1.5K 436
By NutellahQueen

Moving Forward

(Sorry for the confusion and missing bits, I was editing those.)

"What? Why?" They asked at the same time.

I took a moment to think my response out.

"I don't belong here. I should of left a long time ago." I said.

They were quiet for a minute. Just as I thought that they weren't going to speak, the twin from the right spoke up.

"You-you. Um... You're the Wolf of Death right? One of the 4 deities."

I looked at her with what I hoped was an expressionless face.

"Yeah. I am."

"Have you. You know. Killed someone from the pack? Is that why you're leaving?" The twin from the left asked.

"No. I found out first hand what I am only a couple hours ago. I haven't killed anyone. Yet. But that's not the reason why I'm leaving." I answered.

"Oh." They chorused.

Silence.

"Well, you should go before you become my first victims. Remember, you never saw me." I spoke. As I turned around and made a 10 feet distance of us, they both screamed.

"Wait!"

I turned around confused and slightly annoyed.

"What?" I said.

"Can we go with you?" One twin said.

It caught me completely off guard and surprised Dainala.

Go? Why would they want to go? This is their home.

"Why?" I asked..

"We have been thinking about it for the last 2 years or so. We aren't happy here. We don't like it. We want change and a new life to start fresh." Twin #1 said. The one on the left.

"Besides, after today, we realized that this pack isn't worth the hassle or the time of day. It's shit and it's gonna get worse soon. We don't wanna stick around to watch that happen." Twin #2 finished.

"Where I'm going isn't a fuzzy home where we can start over. I'm gonna be in the woods for a long time. If you want to go, you can leave. That's your choice. Just know that it's dangerous to hang with me." I said. I was just about to walk away again when they screamed. Again.

"Please take us with you!"

"We don't care if your lifestyle is a dangerous one. We prefer that over this crap life. It's all too fake. At least with you it's real." Twin #2 started. "We can understand why you wouldn't want to take us with you. We were just as bad as all those hypocrites. We hurt you and made you feel bad."

"Hell, I'm pretty sure we might of even hit you. But that was what we are talking about! Our actions caused bad consequences. We have to live with that. We decided to make the mistake of falling for peer pressure. Something so stupid and small yet so effective. We are sorry for that. But please. Don't let our mistake cloud your judgment on us. We are normally friendly." twin #1 continued.

"And as for the danger. If anything happens to us, you won't be responsible for it. We were warned. Just please. Can we go wherever you're going?" Twin 2 finished.

I wasn't expecting that speech. Not so close to my freedom either. What if it was a trap?

'You're the wolf of Death. Just kill them all.' Dainala perked.

Maybe that should be left as a last resort thing.

I thought about it for a while. Then groaned.

I clenched my fists in irritation as I said: 

"Fine. Just go get your bags. It has to be light, not heavy. We will shift tonight and stay this way until I say so. No complaining on anything I say. Got it?" I said in frustration.

They nodded fast.

"Good. Now run as if your lives were on the line! I will be gone in 1 hour and a  ½ . So please hurry up. Now!" I yelled in frustration.

And run they did. Faster than Speedy Gonzalez if I do say so myself.

Why the hell does this happen? I groaned again.

 So close yet so far away! Maybe I shouldn't of been that happy in the beginning.

But hey, I wasn't gonna wait just to be trapped.

After waiting and pacing around in a huge tree, I finally heard the thumping of paws from 13 miles away. I let Dainala take over my senses.

But it was off. As if, there were more than two.

Dainala growled a bit.

'3 other wolves are with them. But they all have bags similar to yours. I think they want to join in on your adventure.' Dainala said with a bit of a smile. I could feel her amusement on how people are stupid.

They do know they will be starving, right? I mean, this is a journey for me! I don't even know what I'm gonna do, but I can tell you, it involves a lot of red.

Once they showed up, I saw who the other 3 runaways were. I recognized the scent of Alice and the other 2 boys from school. I forgot their names now.

"I say go and pack your bags, and when you come back, you make it back with a party." I said sarcastically.

They looked down and whined. As I suspected, even their wolves were identical. Except for the fact that one of them has a black ear. The other one has a brown one. Yet, they are both cream colored.

The other 3 wolves stood there awkwardly and a bit tense.

I sighed.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Let's go." I said.

One of the male wolves whined and rolled over. He then scratched his snout.

"No. You will not shift into human form until I say so. I will finish these last two miles by foot. Then, we run the fuck out of here. Got it?" I said sternly.

They nodded their gigantic heads.

"Good." And with that, I kicked rocks and walked all the way to the border line.

After 2 miles of walking, we made it to the border line. It had a huge bridge. One half was painted blue, meaning it is pack territory. The other side was painted brown. Meaning neutral lands. And left me tell you, It was a huge bridge. But its better then falling down on the endless river it was over.

I nodded at the wolves who were behind me. They all went first. I opened my pack link to see if anyone has noticed our disappearance. And they haven't.

I shifted into my wolf and let Dainala take over. The wolves in front of us bowed down in fear and respect.

Dainala did a weird thing with her paw and they all got up. Dainala howled and they chorused her.

They all got up and ran straight to the other side of the bridge. Once the 1st paw was out of the blue line, the pack link was tense, then slowly, people started screaming in pain. They all started to feel the breaking of 5, pack seals. Once they were all over, they stopped and waited for me. I put myself in a lunging position, and sprinted out of there. I made my way to the blue line, then crossed over to the brown part of the bridge. I felt a heavy weight lift from my shoulders as my seal with them finally broke. It was weak, but still there.

Once I made it over there, we all howled in unison and ran.

Ran to our freedom.

Now I can really smile, no?

'Yes you can.' Dainala said with a soft chuckle.

And smile I did. And even gave out a few wolfish laughs.

5 Days Later

We have been running none stop now for a couple of days. We hunted animals, drank water from all the streams and rivers that were in our paths, and sometimes changed into human form to bathe or collect water.

We passed the neutrality line of the territory a day ago. We slept and started running today. We are now in Florida. We kept running in the dense forest around, but stopped.

I heard a the crunching of leaves and the hard laboring breathing of wolves. It would be comforting since it shows that the rest of the runaways are here and not hurt. But those weren't my wolves.

Someone is watching us.

As I jumped up, the rest of the wolves stopped. I let out a menacing growl.

Wolves.

5 of them. 

They came out of their hiding places. What surprised me was that one of those wolves was an Alpha.

'Alphas also do border patrol.' Dainala informed.

'Really?' I asked.

'Yes, they do. Your alpha though, not so much.'

The Alpha shifted forms and stood up, in all his naked glory. And let me tell you something. It. Was. Not. Pretty.

"Shift rogues." He commanded in arrogance.

None of us moved a muscle. Along our short journey, they decided to make me their leader. Don't know what for since we aren't even in a pack. But it's proven useful.

Just like in these scenarios where I say in our little mind link that they shouldn't obey.

And boy was the Alpha pissed.

"I said shift." He repeated more angrily.

He made a motion with his eyes and his knuckles. Communicating with his men. They all spread around us in a murderous stance. He shook his head, and they pounced.

I let out a loud growl. Their reactions were priceless as they realized the force and power I had in me. But that's all the time they had though. Because before they could even move away, I slit the throat of the first man in front of me. I turned around and did the same with the other two. The fourth one ran around and tried to claw at me, but my jaw was at his chest before he saw it coming.

I looked up at the Alpha's scared eyes. Wonder struck and angry as he was after seeing me in action, he took one step forward, but I snapped his stupid head in an instance without even blinking.

Well, okay. More like Dainala did. Because if it was me, I'm sure we would all be dead by now.

Once I looked back at my make believe pack, I saw them tense up and crawl back a bit.

'Do you prefer your blood spilled or theirs? Either way, someone was gonna die.' Dainala remarked in their heads.

Silence.

Great! Now their traumatized!

When I looked back at the biggest wolf, who was Keven, he bowed. Then Ricki did so. Then Alice, and lastly the twins.

When they rose back up, I nodded at them in respect.

I turned my head and looked at the path the Alpha was blocking.

I internally sigh. Guess we'll have to continue-

"Ahhhh!!!"

We all jumped at the sudden yelp. I looked at my wolves and they all seemed as confused as I was. I turned to the direction where we heard it. And this time, we heard sobbing. I took slow steps towards the crying on my left. I walked slowly and with my snout slightly tipped up, smelling the danger.

But there was no danger. I already knew what it was before I even saw it. Or, her.

I pushed the bush back and saw a girl. No more than 5. Covered in blood. But as I smelled her, I knew it wasn't her blood.

But whose?

When I stepped close to her, I saw her tense and look at me. She cried harder, scared for her life. I looked next to her and saw 2 corpses. Her parents? Probably.

I tensed in confusion.

What could of happened that they ended up in such a predicament?

I looked at the hysteric little girl and frowned. She shouldn't be suffering like this. She reminds me of, well, me.

I shifted into human form and gained control over my senses again.

I crouched down next to her and she seemed to calm down. If only just for a second.

"Hello sweetie. What's your name?" I asked her sweetly.

She shook and stayed quiet for a while. I smiled at her encouragingly so she knows I'm trust worthy. She sniffed one more time and whispered softly "Jasmine."

"Jasmine? That's your name?" I asked feigning being shocked.She nodded her head up and down slowly and wiped her nose.

"That's such a pretty name! For such a pretty girl!" I said excitedly. I don't know how, but I think I'm getting the hang of being with kids. I was never around them back at the Neon pack.

She nodded slowly and frowned. "What's your name?" She asked nervously.

I smiled down at her.

"My name is Katherine. But you can call me Kat." I said politely.

"O-okay." She stuttered.

"Why don't we get you out of here and cleaned up?" I said smiling.

She nodded and cried a bit as she pointed to her parents.

"W-what about mommy and daddy?" She said in pain. And not just normal pain.  It was so strong that I felt it seep into my heart. How is that possible?

I shook my head slowly, saddened.

"You have to say goodbye. Mommy and daddy are gone. But they love you forever." I said sweetly. She cried a bit, then nodded.

I grabbed her by the waist and hoisted her up towards me. I smiled at her and started walking back to my...friends? I don't know yet.

'Shift back in human form and get covered. Theirs a little girl here.' I said through our link.

When I reached them, they were in human forms, hiding in bushes and behind trees.

I smiled at them and introduced everyone to Jasmine.

I put her down and turned to her.

"Sweety, We are all going to shift now. So if you can ride on one of our backs, you have to hold on tight, okay?" I asked her.

She nodded and waited for us to do just that.

I shifted and landed on 4 paws. I crouched down in front of her so she could climb. She was having a hard time doing so, until she landed with a little 'umph' with the help of Keven's wolf.

'Are you sure we can take her with us?' Alice asked. 'You said so yourself. This isn't a camping trip. This is a dangerous mission.' she said seriously.

'Yeah. I know. But we got to get her out of here. Out of this pack. Her parents were murdered. Maybe in front of her. Maybe by her own alpha. I don't know. But now that the Alpha is dead, wolves are gonna swarm the area in search of his body and the other warriors. We can't keep her here.' I said.

She stayed quiet.

'Ok then, Let's run.' Ricki said from behind us and took off. The rest followed him and ran off. I was the last one to leave. I looked around at my surroundings one last time and blasted out of there at high speed with Jasmine holding on to me.

We crossed the territory line and decided to stay in a hotel for the next week or so. Just for Jasmine's sake.

Once we all fell asleep, Jasmine started moving around in discomfort. She was having nightmares. But I couldn't do anything about it. Dainala told me that one of her sisters had the power to change and invade dreams. But she didn't know where she was.

So we all had to deal with it manually. Waiting till she screamed or wake her up right then and there. My heart clenched every time she whimpered or sobbed. I can't believe such a young girl can go through such a bad experience. 

Well, technically, I can. Since I've been in similar circumstances. But at least her parents loved her.

We ended up waking her up twice. But 3 times is the charm, because as she dozed off to dreamland, she stayed there.

I sighed in relief, knowing we won't have to wake her up again. I closed my eyes to fall asleep, but asked Dainala something before I was trapped in my dark little world.

'Dainala, we just killed 5 men in one day. Are our wings coming anytime soon?' I asked.

'In the third day of taking lives. But not just random lives. Lives that are evil. Remember that. That is why you feel no remorse for what happened today.'

'Oh. Okay.'  I answered as I really didn't have much to say. And with that, everything went black.

***

The next day, we left and headed for Washington. We didn't stay the whole week because we didn't want to become accustomed to the luxury of living with a roof over our heads. Much less a hotel. But before we left, we bought some new clothes in a cheap clothing store and gave Jasmine a bath. We gave her some clothes and left.

It took us weeks to get to Washington. And it was hectic on us. We decided to go this far because it meant that we would be away from our packs. And Jasmine wouldn't be in danger.

But once we got there, we didn't realize we stepped over pack grounds. Hell, we didn't see the blue lines!!!

But it was too late. 5 wolves spotted us. And they looked mad.

Shit.

The five wolves stood tall and sniffed us all, sensing we were no danger. But they aren't stupid. They sensed the wolf of death's presence among them. Or at least a strong aura.

Instantly, the five male's shifted into human form, causing Jasmine to bury her head in my coat.

"Wolfe of Death. I-I-I...I can't believe it. I thought it was a myth." The middle one said.

'Do I look like a myth?' My wolf snapped.

It's been a long 3 weeks.

'No? Then let us pass.' She said stubbornly in the mind link she forced on the men.

"Sorry, but but we cannot. We have to take you to our Alpha. You can't roam around freely in case you're a menace. He'll choose your fate." The first one said.

'Fine. Since I don't wish to kill anybody today, I'll come willingly.' She said darkly.

The rest nodded their heads.

'But do not scare the child. Do you understand?' She threatened.

'We understand.' was chorused as they nodded their heads.

We followed them all the way towards a freaking huge mansion. Surrounded by acres and more acres. Surrounding the mansion were gates and trees. Trees were both inside the gates and outside. The rest was pure forest. The entrance to the mansion was run by an automatic gate. And inside, were flowers of all shapes and sizes. Different colors everywhere. And you could see glimpses of tomatoes, watermelons, rice, etc.

This is bigger than the playboy mansion! Hell, why is it that people always live in mansions? Are they that cheap? Are they that necessary? I swear, they are always next to a damn forest as well! If that were the case with every pack, then the whole earth is green! No de-forestation whatsoever. 

As we got closer, I observed the 5 men in front of us more carefully.

5 well built men. They were all about 6'3. And they all looked murderous. The first one had black hair with his hair up in frost tips. The second one was a blonde with his hair pulled back. The third one was a brown haired guy with messy hair. The fourth one was a black man that had a shaved head. And the last one was a dirty blonde too. These guys all had green eyes.

"Shift." The one in the middle said. A blonde one.

I looked at my friends and nodded.

They all shifted.

I shifted lastly. But my wolf was still in control.

"I'm gonna let my human take control when we get to a hospital. She is weak and so are they." She spoke looking at my friends. "We want to be taken care of before we meet your Alpha." She said with black eyes. They thought about it and the bald man spoke.

"Okay. As you wish. There is a healing wing inside the mansion. We will head there first." He said in a deep voice. And I mean a deep, deep voice. I was so not expecting that.

He took us inside the gates and walked with us towards the mansion. I had Jasmine in my arms while the rest put their clothes on quickly.

We walked for a while, seen all the flowers and trees, then entered the mansion. When we got to the main living room, the Alpha just so happens to be there.

"My league. We did not expect you to be here so soon." The first one said.

Then I noticed they were all bowing down.

"Rise." The Alpha said. They obeyed.

"Who have you brought in, Kane." The Alpha said in a curious tone.

"7 rouges. One a child, 5 injured, and the other one... Uh, um. The-the Wolf of Death." He stuttered the last part in a whisper.

The Alpha looked at us all in a friendly manner, he even smiled lightly at Jasmine, until he looked me in the eyes. He gasped in shock. I don't know if its about us being the Wolf of Death, or the fact that Dainala knows him. Dainala saw him and recognized him as someone from her past. 

As soon as she felt familiar, she started projecting some foggy and blurred images in my head. They slowly got cleared and showed me of a man that looked a lot like him but had his differences. The images showed him smiling, laughing, hugging a little girl, his wolf, and the last one was of him saying 'I love you'. Then she pieced it all together and I internally gasped.

He was her first father. The one that was murdered by the hunters.

"D-D-Dainala? Is that really you?" He stuttered. But we both realized that it was his wolf talking.

"Yes. But let's cut the chit chat short please. Our humans are weak. And the child needs rest." Dainala said swiftly. 

Damn, you would of thought that he was a random wolf instead of her father by the way she spoke to him.

"Yes, of course. Kane," he looked at his soldier. The  one with his hair pulled back. "take them to the hospital wing. Then go home to your family. You have done well today." He said with pride.

"The rest of you, go towards your families. You deserve the rest." He said with the same pride. The soldiers bowed and left with a smile. We saw book shelves and multiple rooms. Finally, we made it to an elevator. We got in and it went down. Once we got off, the smell of alcohol and bleach invaded my nose. It burned in anger and made my eyes water.

"Young one." The Alpha said, appearing out of the stair case. He looked at us in sympathy. "Your human has to take control. She is weak. And she needs to be taken care of. I can see the bones in her body just by looking at her. And your wearing an over sized shirt. I can also see the bruising in your body."

Dainala looked at him curiously and a bit guarded. She pondered what he said and decided to trust the man that was once her father.

"Okay. But take care of all of them. Especially the child. She has been through things that no child should ever go through." Dainala spoke sternly.

"As you wish. Just let your human take control and get some rest. I promise to you that all of you are in good hands."

Dainala sensed the sincerity in his voice and gave me control.

At first I just had a headache, but in seconds, it turned to a migraine. I was so weak. Within seconds, I passed out. But not before I felt two little hands on me and two strong hands catch me.

*****

When I woke up, I had an immense migraine. I winced a couple of times but couldn't open my eyes. Then, like in all cliches, I heard people talking.

"But she's been out for about 3 days! She got's to wake up, Ally. I feel scared. I don't wanna go back to bed with the hunters. I don't wanna!" I heard Jasmine protest.

"It's okay sweetie. The doctor said she'll wake up today. But we don't know when." Sally answered.

After I heard that, Dainala told me to get up and reassure our friends that I'm okay. Since I had a slight headache, I got up on my own pace.

"Hey. What's going on?" I said as I pretended to wake up.

"Mommy!" Jasmine screamed and ran into my arms. The mommy comment caught me off guard. My heart beat went up really fast.

Mommy? Since when?! Is this kid dillusional? You don't just label strangers family!

I mentally shook my head and took a deep breath. She's a kid. A traumatized one, just go with the flow Kat. You know you would've wanted someone to hug you if you were in her place.  

With that thought, I calmed down and squeezed my arms around her.

"Hey sweetie. I missed you." I said as I kissed her forehead.

"I missed you too! Don't sleep a lot again, okay mommy?" Jasmine snapped in a cute 4 year old voice with a puppy dog face.

'How can you say no to that?' That made me put on a weird face.

'You're the Wolf of Death. One of the biggest legends of all Legends, and yet you can't say no to a little girl?' I asked her with humor. And a little bit of confusion. I mean, hello! Can you not see that a kid just branded you her mother?

'Don't judge. It's not like you can resist her either.'

'Good point.' Even if this kid is delusional, she's still that. A kid. Most likely traumatized and feeling alone. Plus, I guess I have a soft side for her.

"Okay princess." I said as she hugged me.

"Kat! You're awake! Thank God." Sally exclaimed in the back of the room. Ally and her got closer to me as she spoke.

"Yeah. Wasn't the same without you." Ally answered.

"Aww, thanks." I goofed.

To tell you the truth, I never thought that I could feel this loose with anybody. Let alone people from my pack.

"Mind telling me what's happened since I was out?" I asked.

"Well for starters: The Alpha has been worried about you. He checks up on all of us. Constantly. But with you, it's like twice a day thing for multiple hours. We told the Alpha what happened with us. And we also told him about you. About, your... um, not so happy, experience in life." Ally cleared her throat to continue without the awkward pause.

"And he's been threatening the Neon pack. Since, we all have evidence about their torture and bad behavior, he wants to report all of our cases to the council to be heard and worked on. Just so the Neon pack can suffer. He wants to do all that but he knows he can't because it'll blow our cover. He says that with your permission, he will do it." Ally said.

"And secondly. Your health." Sally spoke.

"You looked like an anorexic patient. So they pumped fluids and food into your stomach. You gained 30 pounds in the last 3 days thanks to the help of your wolf. You right now are about 120 pounds. And you look great! No bones sticking out of your face. No ribs showing anymore. And you're beautiful. But you still need to gain more weight." Sally said with a smile.

"I feel better too." I said as I sighed in content. My stomach wasn't growling in hunger. My body didn't ache, much. The only bad thing I feel is my head. It's killing me!

"Can I sleep with you mommy?" Jasmine asked.

"Yes sweetie." I said as I grabbed her and laid her on my chest. She snuggled close to me and was out in a heartbeat. I grabbed the blanket and covered her small body.

"This is all good news. What happened to you guys? Did they accept us in the pack?" I asked. Now I noticed the different aura they were emitting. When a werewolf is in a pack, we notice by the aura glowing around them, or if they have something obvious that shows that they belong in a pack. If people are rogues, we also notice by the different type of aura they emit. Not necessarily a dark aura either.

"Yep. We are now members of the Blood Thirst pack." Sally exclaimed. Wait, what? 0.o 

Hold on a second!

The Blood Thirst pack...The Blood Thirst pack.

I can't believe it. The deadliest pack ever to have existed in over 100 years! "Are you serious?" I asked in shock. I think I'm gonna faint.

What gives? I thought that pack wasn't even American! I thought they were in England or Australia or something! And if they were American, I thought they'd be in South America!

"Yes. And the guys here found their mates. They wanted you to meet them when you woke up." Ally said.

Yeah, yeah. Let's all be hot and dandy while we're in a deadly pack. And while we're at it, find mates and live happily ever after and not freak out over the fact that they could turn on us and have us executed in one of the worst ways possible!

Oh god. Keep calm Kat. Or these idiots turned Loco while we were out, lost they're minds while we ran away, or this pack is seriously nice and actually safe.

Oh brother. Fat chance.

"Yeah, uhm,  I would definitely love to meet them!" I said not too convincingly since I'm not sure and Jasmine is still asleep.

Just go with the flow Kat, go with the flow. And hope it won't get you killed.

"I see you are awake."

We looked at the door and saw the Alpha walking into the room.

Now that I'm taking a good look at him, I see he has greyish hair, crows feet on his eyes and a wrinkle or two on his forehead. He even has laugh lines. But he is definitely well built and healthy looking for an old man. I peg him to be around 50 or so. He has a grey long sleeved shirt with jeans on. His eyes are colored blue and he smiles as if he were gonna take us all to the park and buy us ice cream.

I want ice cream! 

Yes, that's it Kat. Let the insanity take your sanity away, slowly but surely.... 

Gosh, no one warned me about the side affects of having a wolf! Or is it because no one has had a supernatural deity in them for a wolf?

"Yea, I am. But someone else went out to catch some Z's." I said as I looked at Jasmine's sleeping figure and kissed her head.

"I can see that." he chuckled. "Anyways, I want to formally introduce myself to you. My name is Daniel Blood. And I welcome you to your new home. The Blood Thirst pack. Don't let the name fool you. We're not that bad."

I laughed at his attempt of a welcome towards me. Or he's sincere, or he's gone crazy and trying to manipulate me.

"Weirdly enough, my wolf wants to know if you would like to meet my mate?" he asked kindly.

"Yes, sure. I'd love to." I said with a smile.

Yeah, he's definitely loco.

"Great." He got up and walked towards the door. He whispered quietly for a woman to show. As he did so, an amazingly beautiful old woman came into the room. She had grayish hair, just like Daniel. She has brown eyes and a face any grandchildren would never want to put a frown on.

"Hello sweetie. I am excited to meet you." She said as she came to my bed and hugged me.

"Nice to meet you too." I said a bit guarded but friendly.

We made small talk for a while, until Daniel spoke."Can I have a moment alone with Katherine please?" Sonia (Daniel's mate) and the girls retreated and left me with Jasmine in my arms.

"Why does my wolf recognize you as his pup?" he asked.

Well, he doesn't beat around the bush now does he?

"My wolf is Death. Your wolf is an elder wolf. He can can recognize his past cubs, friends and family, even though he isn't all powerful. He must of sniffed us and saw our auras and recognized us as his past pups. I mean, that's what Dainala told me. After all, she did all that to realize who your wolf was to her." I answered. I kept the part of her projecting images in my head to myself.

He stayed silent, probably trying to digest the information.

"Incredible. I've never heard of something like this happening! The Wolf of Death was once my daughter?" he asked bewildered. And to tell you the truth? I don't blame him. How crazy does that sound to you?

"Yeah, but your wolf didn't know she was the WD because she wasn't born with that gift. She achieved it around the years." I answered.

He stayed silent. For an awful long time. Thinking, obviously. Or is he letting this all sink in? Either way I don't mind. I know it's a lot to digest.

"You're still 16. You seem harmless and in much need of a new home. My wolf seems fond of you and so does my mate. I can adopt you." He said.

? ? ?

Whaaa?

Forget going loco. Next to him, crazy people look like they have a PhD.

Adopt me? Now? As in, me his daughter?

Isn't he a little too old to be having a teenage daughter out of the blue?!

What is he thinking?! Has he gone mad?!

Yeah, that's it, he's mad. Maybe he won't hurt me at all if I accept. And if I don't. I'm still in his territory. I could end up fucked.

Well, look at the bright side, you'll have parents! Crazy ones, but still better than the last pair!  That's gotta count for something right?

"Okay." I said with a smile. When in reality I'm acting like an idiot in my head without having fully comprehended that someone is going to adopt me. I won't have those fake ass parents I had the first time!

"Good. Thanks to this, you will soon be Katherine Blood." Daniel finished with a grin.

"Cool!" I squealed. Oh god I'm an idiot on cloud nine. The more I think about it, the more appealing the idea sounds. Why am I acting this way? Was I drugged?

He chuckled.

I felt Jasmine stir in my arms. She must be having nightmares again.

I woke her up lightly and hugged her.

She wrapped her arms around me and looked at Daniel. I mean... Dad.

Nah. Too soon! Besides, I still haven't wrapped my head around this yet. For all I know, this could be a trap.

"What Grandpa doing here?" Jasmine asked.

"Why do you call him grandpa?" I asked. Did she hear all that?

"'Cause he old." She replied in a duh voice. -_- Nah. Just plain old child innocence.

I laughed.

"Cute." He said. "I'm the best grandpa too. Because I have cake! Do you wanna have cake?" he asked.

"Yeah!" she said as she started getting up on the bed and ran up to (Da-Daniel. No wait, Dad. Oh crud! Just forget it!) And jumped in his arms.

"Good. We're gonna have a party. For mommy. And your uncles and your aunts and your fairy god mothers."

I laughed at that one.

"Blake will show you to you're room. I had pack members buy you two some new clothes. You'll be impressed with your new room. When you're done, we will be having a party in your honor. And your friends honor too." With that, he took a giggling Jasmine in his arms and left the room.

Blake (bald one) motioned for me to take his hand and gently pulled me off the bed. I felt a bit dizzy but smiled at his worried face. I followed him out of the room and into the elevator. We made it up into the main floor and walked to the stair case. We saw lots of elegant rooms, portraits and sculptures. This house was heavy and loaded with designs and other things, I'm almost claustrophobic now. We made it to the second floor, at the end of the hallway, where multiple doors were closed. One or two were open, so I realized that these were rooms. We turned left and opened my wooden door. Once we entered, I saw a huge bed with princess covers.

This is definitely Jasmines room. I saw every corner of this room, and it had a desk with a child proof computer. A fake princess laptop. The walls were pastel pink. They had posters of princesses and, Disney Channel stars? I'm not sure since I didn't watch too much tv. But it was confirmed once I saw the copy right and the logo.

 The bathroom was a light pink, decorated with bubbles and real bubbles in the tub. I stepped into her walk in closet and found it filled to the brim with kids clothes and tutu's.

I saw a white door and entered it. It was my room. 

The bed, even larger than the one in Jasmines room. I had a desk with a laptop and a computer. And a drawing of a mom and a daughter (they were labeled with little kid writing). Jasmine must of made it. I walked by it and saw my walls were painted white and cream, my closet (also walk in) was stacked, (I wonder if the clothes will fit me) and my bathtub was a Jacuzzi!!! 

I stopped and admired the rare thing with a big smile.

I've never seen one in real life before! Only in pictures!

There were lots of other things you would like to see in a teenage girls room. I went toward the closet and picked out a simple enough outfit. One that I was sure would fit me too. A red shirt with a thin strap and short jean shorts.

When I took a bath, I stayed there for about 15 minutes, then got up and went towards the mirror. The girl I laid my eyes on was skinny. But not overly skinny. She had soft, pastel looking purple eyes. She looked pretty. Healthy. But at the same time, a little sick. She was really pale. Ghostly pale. That girl was me.

'Well that's as pretty as I'll get.' I said to myself in a soft chuckle. Knowing that if I kept looking at myself I would tear up and break down.

I smiled, turned away, and put my clothes on. I went down stairs with damp hair and was met with a 4 year old attacking my leg.

"Mommy! You look very pretty!!!!" Jasmine said. 

"Thank you sweetie!I love your tutu!." I said.

"Grandma gave it to me. She said it was a present from Santa! Thank you!" She screamed.

Then she lifted her arms and started jumping up and down while laughing.

Ha! Santa! I remember the lies my parents used to tell Carmen and Brock about him. But they never included me in it, they told me the cold truth. And also reminded me that I won't get a present. Ever. And as they said it, it happened.

I bent down and carried her and placed her on my hip. I'ts nice to see this happiness in her. Something I never had at her age.

I walked into the main living room and saw everybody there. My... friends. My future parents. And the Blood Thirst pack. Even Kane, Blake and the other soldiers were there.

"There she is! The keeper of Death. My future daughter. Future Alpha of the pack. Katherine Blood." Daniel announced.

Future Alpha?! I stilled for a while and let it sink in.

He's announcing me as his heir.

Oh great, another bomb!

Hold up! Don't they have a son or something like that?! Me? I just got here!  First the adoption, now this? What's going on around here? Is this whole pack on drugs?

After I recovered from the shock (If you could say that), I waved a bit and gave a little bow. I walked towards the only people I do know. Which are my friends.

"Hi guys." I said. I waved at them and smiled when I saw new faces. Those must be the mates! When I got a closer look at them, I realize that both boys had the same girls. As in twins.

Couldn't God be more creative in this aspect? Or does he love irony that much?

They smiled and waved. I turned around and saw my twins -Sally and Ally- with some other boys. And they looked pretty comfortable if I do say so myself.

"We are celebrating today the welcoming into the pack of Ally, Sally, Jasmine, Keven, Ricki and my new daughter Katherine Blood."

There was a deep silence. Then a booming of cheering and applause's.

Wow. Great crowd.

"Thank you." We said at different times. We looked at the people around us and smiled. We kept repeating the "thank you's" every now and then.

"Why is the whole town here?" I asked sarcastically.

This crowd was pretty big. I wouldn't be surprised if more people were surrounding the mansion.

"Their part of my pack. Why do you think it's called Blood Thirst?" he said with a chuckle.

"They are?" Well damn. If he was an Alpha to this many werewolves, how do they contain the secret hidden?

"Yes." D-d-da (yes da. If reverted to a 2 year old vocabulary ok?!) Alpha answered. "Now, to make it a party, let's put some music on."

"Sure." I said with a smile.

When "mom" left to call the guards about the music arrangements, I heard a growl.

I turned around to see what it was, then out of nowhere, a wolf attacked me.

I screamed and dropped Jasmine as she screamed Bloody Mary and jumped in "dad's" arms.

The pack instantly attacked. Everybody in the crowd was growling. They looked ready for a fight. And ready to win it. But before anybody could move,the guards came in and ripped the wolf away.

"Hold on to him." Dainala growled as she took control of my body.

They did as she commanded but looked puzzled as to why.

She stepped forward and touched his face. I felt some weird power and then, the wolf turned into a human. Before he could say something else, she kissed his lips. And then, sucked his soul into her body. Killing him. He slumps down dead.

Oh my God! There is a soul in me! Get it out! Get it out!

She turns around, opens her mouth and lets the soul run free.

Out of nowhere, a fire covered wolf shows up. He was black red, but covered n flames and blood. He takes the spirit from the air and drags it all the way to hell. Don't ask me why I know that he's going to hell.

Before I knew it, I had control again.

My second kill.

It's my second kill!

In the midst of my temporary shock, the pack members fussed around and took the body somewhere else. Alpha and Luna asking if I was okay. I said I was fine and hugged Jasmine close to me.

Most pack members wanted to know what just happened. Some were confused others panicked. But the Alpha just answered saying that I was doing my job as future Alpha and protector of the pack.

People slowly started to ease up on the questions. So not before long, the party went back to full swing. As if nothing ever happened.

I decided I wanted normal (& ignore for a while the fact that I killed a guy and a wolf from hell came to take his soul. Not to forget that his soul was inside of me for like 2 minutes or so), so I talked with Ricki and Keven's mates. Rachelle and Michelle. Ally and Sally found their mates also. Steven and Jared. Which is completely shocking since they are 15! Not of age yet! & Not just that, but these guys found they're mates in no time in this pack! What is this a mating festival or something? The only ones out of the equation were me and Alice.

We decided to look up on that fact another day, since it's not impossible, but rare to happen. Especially on twins.

The whole night, pack members said hi, danced, ate, sang. Just had fun. I loosened up quite a bit but was still stuck in my own little group. Jasmine made friends with people of all ages. Alpha Daniel was cracking jokes like there was no tomorrow, even had a push up competition with the other pack member. They all treated me nice, as if I belonged there. Which was definitely nice and comforting.

When the night turned old, I took a dozing Jasmine to her room. I said goodbye to everyone as the party was dying. I took Jasmines shoes off and put her tutu away. I climbed on top of her bed and fell asleep. But not before saying thank you to God, the moon goddess, and who ever was out there.

****

Ricki on top!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7M 255K 52
Lila had a family. And for a while they were happy. Then on her eighteenth birthday, her Parents, brother, and his mate died in a tragic car accident...
93.7K 3.8K 27
'I'm sorry Kyle. I sent to my mate and closed off his panic that quickly came at my voice and the seemingly goodbye.' *******************************...
83K 2.4K 33
***MATURE CONTENT IN SOME CHAPTERS*** Advised for 17+ Her mother died while giving birth to her and her father killed himself due to the loss of his...
130K 2.1K 29
(**Violence in some parts**) Abused physically and mentally. Diana takes it all for her sister Emma, the only blood related person she has left. She...