The Waitress and the Wolf (Bo...

By ImmaNarwhal_nbd

Having been a runaway at 16, Venus makes her living as a waitress in a small town, with small minded people... More

Chapter 1. Table 4
Chapter 2. Appearances
Chapter 3. Blue Eyes
Chapter 4. Letters
Chapter 5. The Fourth Letter
Chapter 6. Last Night
Chapter 7. Cold Shoulders
Chapter 8. Day 5
Chapter 9. Bake-Off
Chapter 10. Repercussions
Chapter 11. The Beast
Chapter 12. Intimate
Chapter 13. The Guardian
Chapter 14. Birthday Party
Chapter 15. Fire
Chapter 16. Trapped
Chapter 17. Shaken
Authors note 1
Chapter 18. Questions
Chapter 19. The Call
Chapter 20: Like Chicago part 1/2
Chapter 20: Like Chicago part 2/2
Chapter 21: Surprise part 1/2
Chapter 21: Surprise Part 2/2
Chapter 23. Flicker
Hey
Chapter 24. Feeling Red
Chapter 25. Maybe
Chapter 26. On Her Terms
Chapter 27. Trust in Me
Chapter 28. Crisis
Chapter 29. Where We Belong
Chapter 30. Venus Fly Trap
Chapter 31. The Guardian
Chapter 32. The End

Chapter 22. Awakened

2.4K 109 11
By ImmaNarwhal_nbd

LETS FUCKING GOOOOO

QOTD: What is the best thing that has ever happened to you?

AOTD: No fuckin idea that's what.

We all stared at one another, waiting. The air had gone still, stagnant even, as we waited for someone to begin with the truth-telling process.

"Like destiny?"

"Yes, exactly that. Do you believe in stars writing out your future?" Reese asked, raising his eyebrows. I thought about it, confused. Did the stars plan for me to be a runaway at 16? Did they plan for me to be stuck in this situation where I was the odd-man-out?

"I don't know much about the stars or fate, but I do believe in human choice."

"I was hoping you'd say yes," Reese said, disappointment clouding his eyes. I shrugged. "I could lie, but then I'd be just like the rest of you." The words came out before I could stop them, yet they were justified no matter what.

"I don't know where to begin, we weren't planning on telling you these things, so forgive me. I'm a bit unrehearsed," Reese tried to lighten the mood, which although I appreciated it, I couldn't find it in me to smile.

"Maybe you can just show her, instead of telling her," Demetri said with a flat stare, crossing his arms and leaning against the counter.

"It's against the rules," Moira said, putting her hands on her hips.

"Fuck the rules, we're this deep in. She's already been Corrupted," Demetri added with the roll of his eyes. His stare softened once our eyes met, but I couldn't stand to look at him. He was a liar, and I should have known better. Staring at him makes me hate myself even more.

"I suppose when you put it that way. Venus, I told you my job was to keep peace among businessman. Do you remember?"

I vaguely remember that night at the bar when I had first met Moira's new boyfriend.

"Yeah, there's more to it I'm assuming." Reese nodded.

Demetri let out a ghost of a smile from the corner of my eye. Yet it would take a lot more than that for me to feel the butterflies in my stomach once again.

"Demetri is what we refer to as an Alpha, and so is Brooke's dad, Landon Silver. Do you know what an Alpha is?"

I narrowed my eyes at Reese. Although I had no clue where this was going, I hated being talked down to. "It can be used as a greek letter, or packing order. Why are they called that?"

It then dawned me that there was so much that I didn't know, and it began to overwhelm me. I looked at Demetri, feeling like an idiot for believing I could trust him. Why, why did I do this to myself? Marge warned me, and although she was right I didn't listen. Then there was Moira, what did I know about her? When I'd spoken with Will about not knowing about the townspeople, I genuinely thought that keeping my nose out of their lives was for the best. And yet, all that has done is the opposite to me.

I had tried so hard to make everything black and white. Don't ask questions, and you'll get no lies, as Great Expectations had taught me. But instead, I asked nothing, and was already getting lied to.

"Show her. There's no easy way to describe what we are, and she'll never believe us. She has to see it for herself. Either you do it your way, or I do it mine," Demetri snapped, his hands gripping the counter.

"Fine!" Reese retorted. "Come here," He ordered me. I looked to Demetri for permission, but then mentally slapped myself. I didn't need his approval, I could do this on my own. He wasn't what I needed to rely on for safety.

Reese grabbed my hands, clasping them into a sandwich. "Lean your head back." I did as I was told. I had nothing to lose at this point, despite the skepticism fleeting throughout by body.

He reached up, and touched my temples with his fingers, and the world around me disappeared.

I opened my eyes, and I stood in a forest. Terror and disbelief tore through me as I gaped at the vast woods before me.

Demetri's POV***

As she lolled her head back, her hair hanging loose against the curve of her back, let out a scream, then went silent. Her shoulders relaxed after having tensed up, and her breathing slowed. She almost looked like she was sleeping.

"What are you showing her first?" I asked.

"Your kind."

"And then?"

"Please shut up and let me work," Reese said with a groan. I growled deep within my throat, but stayed silent.

Venus's POV

Everything seems so real. The pine trees sway a little as a warm breeze picks up. My hair floats around my face for a second before the wind settles. I look up, noticing the blinding sun peak through the leaves, leaving behind a glower of gold. Holding my hand out, I touch the tree and it feels as any pine tree would. Soft, with rougher edges.

Even the scent of pine lingers in the air as I take in my surroundings. I have no idea how I'm here, but my best guess is that I've fainted, and am having a dream. It's the only logic I can think of.

Unsure of what to do, I began to walk in no specific direction - simply meandering in between the trees and shrubbery. The forest was, although threatening, peaceful. The trees swayed lightly to the breeze, each branch rocking to and from.

It seemed like only a couple seconds when I heard something in the distance of the forest. It sounded like a howl. Though I know I shouldn't go towards it, something compels me to do so. I begin to weave through the trees faster than before, listening for the sound again. Another one goes off in the distance, and by now I'm running, dodging branches, leaping over thickets and fallen trees.

I hear another howl, much louder than before and I know I'm getting closer. I know I'm supposed to be where I am, I know I need to see the source of sound, no doubt a wolf.

As I wove through another tree, I forced myself to stop. There was a large wall of shrubbery, almost like a wily hedge, stretching up to the size of a giraffe, and stretching long as if it were never ending.

A loud snapping noise caused me to jump back, adrenaline pumping through my blood as I felt pins and needles pricking my skin. I listened again and heard more snaps, and snarls, followed by barks and howls. I jogged down a bit, following the line of the hedge and halted when I noticed a tiny clearing, about the size of a dog door for a Labrador. The sounds were semi louder at this clearing, pulling me towards it. I ducked onto all fours, and hauled myself through the hole, tiny branches scratching my face.

I then peered out, and the sight was incredible. The world behind me became nothing and all I could see, all I could focus on, was the sight in front of me.

If you blinked, you would miss it.

A large grey blur ran past the clearing, while a brown one rushed after it. It pushed off its haunches, and glued itself to the grey. The two tumbled down, snapping at one another with wide, open jaws where blood stained their teeth and saliva flew from their throats.

My eyes found another pair going at it, rolling about furiously. I couldn't keep my eyes off the scene, although I wanted nothing more than to scream out and cry at the vicious sight. A large dark brown wolf had sunk its teeth into a smaller grey and white wolf, where it jerked and struggled. It wasn't going to make it, but he continued to twitch till the end until his body grew limp in the other wolf's mouth. Done with him, the brown threw the body to the side, and ran off to find its next victim.

The wolves in this large clearing were all occupied, not a single one without an opponent. I should have been disturbed, afraid even. And while a small part of me trembled as the wolves tore each other apart, digging their claws into the others bellies, another part of me yearned to be apart of this. To help, to fight, to do something. I couldn't place my finger on what it was I wanted to do, but sitting here felt wrong.

Across the clearing, a hulking wolf the size of a horse stopped after finishing its kill, and looked at me with glaring yellow eyes. I held my breath as he seemed to stare straight at me, or into me. Wolves ran in front and behind this one who's gaze stuck to mine from at least 60 yards away. He threw his head back, and let out a wild howl, similar to the one I'd heard before.

I froze as suddenly my body was being pulled from the hidden bushes and into the clearing, in front of ravenous, vile wolves. My fingers twitched with fear and I could feel the blood rushing to my head as something else controlled my body. I waited for the wolves, I waited for them to come and get me; to drag me away by my calves or neck, sink their teeth into my neck and feel the crunch of bones in their jaws.

But it never happened.

It was as if I wasn't there, they couldn't even see me. Instead, they whirled past me, barreling into one another in a chaotic frenzy of blood lust that ended in the snapping of jaws and necks. The force continued to pull my body further into the field. With a wild scream, I stuck my fingers deep into the dirt and clawed with resistance. My fingers dragged through the dirt, entrapping muck under my fingernails. Suddenly, my body stopped being dragged, and I was left there in the middle of the battlefield.

As the war continued, I noticed the wolf from before with the glowering yellow eyes and silver pelt make its way towards me, calmly walking. Another wolf followed at its side. This one was just as large, but had brown fur, with a lighter shade rimming his eyes and underbelly as well as his paws. I staggered to my feet, and began to take steps back but the wolves, as far as they were, remained calm and unwavering.

I got that urge again, as I saw them make their way to me. The urge that I had to be here, that I needed to know what was to happen. The urge to not be afraid of the unknown, but rather to embrace it with open arms, because I needed to know. Whatever this was, I needed answers, and with this in my mind, I allowed my fear to slowly melt even as the wolves grew increasingly closer to me.

I balled my hands into fists, stiffening as the wolves were now in front of me. I had to look up to see into their eyes. The brown one's warm yellow eyes stared holes into mine. I shifted my gaze to the silver wolf, his icy eyes penetrating mine. The two held their stance, simply staring at me, almost waiting. But what for?

I looked at the field, where the wolves now stopped fighting, all of them ranged from grays and browns, and I then noticed that not a single brown or gray wolf fought against their own color. This was an actual war, and these two larger wolves must have been the leaders of their pack.

The wolves had halted any and all kind of brutality towards one another as they stared at me and their leaders. They seemed paralyzed, as if they too were waiting for what was next. I returned my attention to the wolves in front of me.

"I-I don't understand," I whispered, my voice hoarse and weak.

"Choose." The silver wolf let out a low growl, and I knew it was his dark and deep voice that had spoken to me.

"What? Choose what?" I asked, mainly to myself.

"Pick a side, Guardian." The brow.n one added with an even deeper voice. His eyes narrowed at me, as if his patience was wearing thin. I gulped, taking a step back which earned a flick of an ear from the gray wolf.

Guardian... what did that mean? Me, a guardian? A guardian of what?

"You must make a choice before the Final War between the two packs. A choice must be made." The brown wolf added. He bared his teeth, licking his gums. His two sharp and pointed teeth were exquisitely long, sharp, and menacing. As he and the other wolf were.

"What will happen if I don't make any choice?" I asked, my voice beginning to grow stronger.

The silver wolf bared its teeth and his pupils dilated to and from, his ears twitching. I took a step back. Suddenly he reared up on his hind legs, curled his lips and let out a raw snarl. Horror struck through my body as I tried to turn on my heel to run, but as I saw his jaws attempt to close in over my head and swallow me hole from the corner of my eye, a bucket of dark ash poured over me. I fell to my knees, coughing and sputtering.

I turned, rubbing my eyes to see the field behind me in flames, wolves running in fear as their bodies caught fire. The wolves in front of me disappeared and I was left in the middle of the field, watching death sink its teeth into each of the wolves. I let out a scream, but choked on the ashes surrounding me.

.....  ........... ... ... ... . . . ........ ....

Moira, Reese and Demetri stared as Venus twitched and murmured in her trance. They had laid her on the ground as she witnessed the power of Reese's ablities. Demetri had been silent as the visions took over Venus's body, taking her hostage and showing her the Prophecy they'd been told to keep from her.

While he was relieved she could now know the truth, he felt an even amount of frustration and resentment towards Harry for forcing him to keep this secret from her even though it wasn't all his fault. The Prophecy had been given to both Demetri and Landon Silver from Harry long ago when they had just begun their training as Alphas.

It was going to finally be time for the next step, the step they'd been waiting for. But they're plans had been ruined. Initially, the two Alphas were supposed to wait until Venus's powers awakened on their own. Then, she would claim a side to protect in the Final War. Now that she knew her destiny earlier than anyone had anticipated, no one was sure what steps to take now.

"Is it over?"

"Yes. She's just in shock."

"Well no fuck Reese! Your magic is too strong to use on her, she isn't ready for that type of Hallucinogen Magyk!"

"Calm down Moira. Your precious Peacekeeper didn't have a choice," Demetri hissed, keeping his eyes plastered to Venus. Her lips trembled as her brows knit together in anguish. What Reese was showing her was similar to what shown to Landon and Demtri, except their bodies were the two Alphas.

Demetri's wolf varied in comparison to the Great Brown wolf. Demetri was much, much darker. He was the heir to the Brown bloodline, a pure blood line, just as Landon was to the Great Gray. Though they weren't identical to their ancestors, they were the same color, and that was what the Prophecy seemed to only take care of.

"She's waking up," Moira said, swiping a stray blonde hair behind her pierced ear.

She was right. Venus's eyes began to flutter, and close until eventually they opened once more. She stared blankly at the ceiling.

And for the first time, for anyone in that room casting their eyes down on Venus, she began to cry.

HEY GUYS OMG AN ACTUAL FUCKIN CHAPTER IT'S A MIRACLE RIGHT?

I loved writing this chapter, I know it's a little short and I really wanted to continue it buuuuuuuuuuuut honestly I loved the way it ended!!!

Okay I REALLY want to apologize for a couple things:

1. I've been so inactive and I'm so so so so so sorry

2. I keep mixing up Reese's name, often spelling it Reece. Okay so I'm going to stick with ReeSe from now on.

3. I often forget about the age factors of these characters, but Venus is in her early 20's, while Demetri is 29, Landon is 38. If anyone remembers the EXACT age, comment haha

I hope you guys liked it!!! Who would you like to see more of in the next chapter? Marge? Will? Brooke? COMMENT :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27 6 3
Rue is at a complete lost of what to do. After an accident that broke her right arm she's ashamed over her reaction to the news she may possibly neve...
83 7 1
A waitress and a werewolf share early morning conversations as the wolf comes in starving from her past transformation and the waitress tries to figu...
30.8K 564 10
WARNING: Contains mature scenes and themes. She didn't choose it. She's his slave and the only thing keeping him from killing all the girls in the sc...
107K 2.2K 52
Hello there. updates will be very slow. there will be smut, fluff, strong language and others (I will be putting a warning before, not for fluff obvi...