Wonderstruck

بواسطة amazingness

Its been five years since the war. Five years since the terrible tragedies occurred. Five years since Harry... المزيد

Author's Note
Chapter 1: Heartbreak at Tiffany's
Chapter 2: Surprises, Betrayals & A Walk Down Memory Lane
Chapter 3: A Howler, A Picture & A Deal
Chapter 4: The Otter and the Dragon Go Shopping
Author's Note & Some Bad News =(
Chapter 5: Letters from Everyone
Chapter 6: The Beaver & the Ferret Call A Truce
Chapter 7: Dinner & Disaster
Chapter 8: Crazy, Beautiful Life
Chapter 9: Once a Malfoy, Always a Malfoy
Chapter 10: The Game of Shadows
Chapter 11: The Slytherin Prince & the Gryffindor Princess
Chapter 12: The Wedding (Part 1)
Author's Note & Changes
Chapter 13: The Wedding (Part 2)
Chapter 14: The Metamorphous & the Stranger
Chapter 15: Declarations & Water Guns
Chapter 16: Three Malfoys & A Granger
Chapter 17: Three Grangers & A Malfoy
Authors Note & Questions
Chapter 18: Tears, Tiffany's & A Cauldron of Amortentia
Chapter 19: A Rose is A Rose is A Rose
Chapter 21: Firewhisky & Fireworks
Chapter 22: Headaches, Heartaches & Epiphanies
Bonus Chapter
Chapter 23: The Calm, Before the Storm (Part 1)
Chapter 24: The Calm, Before the Storm (Part 2)
Chapter 25: Alone Again (Flashback Part 1)
Chapter 26: Wonderstruck (Flashback Part 2)
Chapter 27: One Poppy Seed Muffin (Flashback Part 3)
Chapter 28: The Silver Lining
Chapter 29: A Malfoy's Rejection
Chapter 30: Proposal at Tiffany's
Author's Note & Thank You's
The Epilogue- 14 Years Later

Chapter 20: The Unstoppable Force & the Immovable Wall

25.4K 742 65
بواسطة amazingness

Wow...Wonderstruck is 9 chapters from ending...This is kind of sadder than I though it would be...*sniff*

Anyways...

I'm still obsessed with One Direction (SO BEAUTIFUL!)  :) So that explains the song on the side and the songs for the next few chapters...

Enjoy!

***************************************************

In the face of an obstacle which is impossible to overcome, stubbornness is stupid.
Simone de Beauvoir

            The next morning Draco woke up to an empty apartment. Hermione had gone to work two hours early to avoid Draco. Draco couldn’t decide if he was angry or amused, so he decided to eat breakfast instead.

______________________________________

            “I can’t possible stall any longer,” Hermione decided and began gathering her belongings. She was so keen on avoiding Draco that she had stayed four extra hours after work, trying to waste time. In fact, she was almost done with the entire month’s work. But after the clock struck nine, she finally accepted the fact that she must go home at some point or another.

            After taking fifteen minutes to pack and repack her purse, she finally apparated to Draco’s apartment. As she opened the door and walked in, she immediately regretted not wasting more time in her office. She had to fight the urge to turn around and walk right out, because on the recliner facing the door was Draco Malfoy, staring intently at her.

            “Hello, Hermione,” Draco drawled from the recliner.

            “Hello, Malfoy,” Hermione replied stiffly, causing Draco’s eyes to harden.

            “So we’re back on last names basis, are we Granger?” Draco asked with a cold sneer.

            Hermione didn’t know what to reply, so she began walking towards her door.

            “My, you are so cut up over such a small incident, aren’t you?” Draco asked as he got up from the recliner and walked up to Hermione, blocking her path. “If I didn’t know you any better, I’d think that you are jealous.”

            “I don’t feel like arguing with you right now. So I suggest--,” Hermione began.

            “Or are you jealous?” Draco asked taking a long step toward her, causing her to take a step back.

            “I am not jealous,” yelled Hermione, quite frustrated.

            “Then why are you so worked up over this? Why are you trying to avoid me?” Draco asked calmly.

            “Don’t you think I have a reason to do so, considering what you did?” Hermione replied, narrowing her eyes.

            “Would you care to inform me of what grave crime I have committed?” Draco asked sarcastically.

            “Oh. So now you are going to pretend that you don’t know?! I am thoroughly disgusted with you. Actually I’m more disgusted at myself that I’m still talking to you! The next thing you know, you are going to deny sending me the owl or the rose or the letter!”

            “I didn’t send any of that,” exclaimed Draco. “As--.”

            “And now you are denying it!” Hermione added with a bitter laugh.

            “You are not going to listen to me are you?” Draco asked suddenly as his face took on a strange look.

            “NO,” Hermione replied defiantly.

            “And I’m not willing to accept your grave misunderstandings,” Draco continued.

            “I guess that’s just too bad, then,” replied Hermione, now itching to escape to her room.

            “Do you know what happens when an unstoppable force meets an unmovable wall?” Draco asked, slowly walking towards her.

            “Why do I get this feeling that you are the force and I’m the wall?” Hermione asked eager to find something else to argue about. “Why can’t I be the force? How come you get to be the force? I think--,”

            She was cut off as Draco took one final step, leaving two inches separating the two. It would be an understatement to say that Hermione looked like a deer in headlights.

            Just as Draco was about to speak, a trapping noise issued from the window.

            “Oh look, it’s an owl,” Hermione replied ducking swiftly away from Draco and towards the window.

            “Now, we shall never know the mystery of the immovable wall and the unstoppable force,” Draco muttered under his breath before audibly asking, “Who is it for?”

            “There is one addressed to each one of us,” Hermione replied, handing Draco the one addressed Mr. Malfoy, while making sure their hand did not touch.

            Draco opened the envelope to find an expensive looking crème colored paper with fancy black writing.

            Mr. Viktor Krum cordially invites you to join him in the celebration of his 27th birthday.

            When Draco looked up to ask Hermione if she was attending, he realized that he was alone. He gave her closed door one long last glance before walking to his own room.

________________________________________

            An hour later, an envelope slid under Hermione’s door. Hermione, who had been reading, got up to see what it was. Seeing it wasn’t addressed to anyone, she opened it.

Dear Immovable Wall,

            Don’t tear/ throw away/ burn/ destroy this until you have finished reading it. Though I know that you want to. A lot. I feel like an idiot writing this letter, but I couldn’t think of another way to make you listen to what I have to say. So here goes nothing.

            I didn’t do what ever it is that you accused me of doing. I, honestly, don’t even know what you are accusing me of. So far from what I have pieced together from what you have yelled/spat at me for the past two days, you are accusing me of sending you a rose and a letter. Correct me if I’m wrong, even though I’m basically always right.

            I find these offenses quite absurd. Unless you have been sniffing floo powder, that is. Because that would explain everything.

            I sent you much more than one rose. Unless the florist ripped me off, and didn’t send them to you…In which case,”MY FATHER WILL HEAR ABOUT THIS!” So I don’t understand why it is so special. Do you have something against roses? If you don’t like them, you could’ve just said so, there is no need for yelling.

            And, personally, I don’t see anything wrong with sending a note that explains why I sent you so many flowers.

            I don’t see what I did wrong, so I refuse to apologize. Here I was, minding my own business, when Astoria randomly shows up and kisses me. Then you show up, storm out, and then yell at me. If anyone should be angry, it should be me.

Unapologetically,       

The Unstoppable Force         

P. S. I get to be the unstoppable force because I’m just amazing like that.

P. P. S. Will you go to Viktor Krum’s party with me?

            After reading the letter twice, Hermione’s mind started reeling. She immediately went to look for Draco, and found him waiting expectantly in the armchair by the fire.

            “I assume you read it?” asked Draco.

            “Yes.”

            “I presume you have questions, concerns, and comments?”

            “Did you really not send me the letter asking me to come visit you?”

            “No. And before you even ask, I didn’t kiss Astoria willingly.”

            “It was all planned out! It was her revenge!” exclaimed Hermione as understanding filled her eyes. “She sent me the letter and the rose to get me to come. And the second I see you, she throws herself at you, so that we break up!”

            “Finally! I’ve trying to tell you that I was innocent since yesterday!”

            “Well, you obviously didn’t try hard enough,” Hermione replied with a smile.

            “So, do I get an apology?” Draco asked, his trademark smirk on his face.

            “Uh, yeah. In your dreams,” Hermione replied as she began walking to her room. Just before she closed the door she turned out and called out, “Yes, I’ll go to the party with you,” causing a smile to materialize on Draco’s face.

**********************************************

I know the spacing is messed up, I shall fix it some other day when I'm not sooo lazy...if such a day ever comes...

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

8.4K 217 24
Draco and Harry got married 17 years ago and have 5 amazing kids follow them through there hard times, misfortunes, and other obstacles that are incl...
64.7K 2.2K 76
⚠️UNDER EDITING/REVISION⚠️ (Still available to read) "There's no way that boy could ever feel love..." Hermione spat "I think he could...you guys j...
718K 22.3K 20
Enemies, Friends, Lovers Harry never knew those three words could be synonymous, but his sixth year at Hogwarts has challenged everything he has come...
940 51 28
Updates every Monday and Thursday The world is a web of decisions. What we decide today changes our tomorrow. Each one of us is interconnected in thi...