Finding Home in Redemption

By whitneymorgan91

Bentley befriends a homeless man, starting a romance she didn't know was possible, but he's tied to her in wa... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Epilogue
Bonus Epilogue # 2
Bonus Chapter #1
Thank you so much!
Notes from the author

Bonus Epilogue # 1

487 26 3
By whitneymorgan91

Bentley - Graduation Day

I was standing in front of my chair in the large room where the graduation ceremony was being held. I turned to look at the rows where friends and family sat, proudly cheering for the graduates. I spotted my cheerleaders quickly.

Pop, Maria, Brennan and my kids were all cheering. Jake and Ivy had no idea what they were clapping for at three and four years old, but it made me proud anyway. I knew that one day when they could understand, they'd know their mom made a tough decision and went to college. I hoped all my kids would go to college one day.

I smiled to myself as I thought of the paperwork waiting in my desk drawer at home. I'd been hiding it for well over a month, and I couldn't wait to see Brennan's face when he opened it.

I didn't know what my future held at that moment, but all I cared about was my family. Present and future.

After the ceremony, I walked toward my loved ones and was swept up in Pop's hug.

"I am so proud of you," he said in my ear.

I squeezed him and let go to hug Maria, too.

"I'm glad you guys are here," I said.

"We wouldn't miss it for the world," she said, giving me another quick hug.

I hugged Jake and Ivy before they got distracted by their grandparents and the snacks we all knew Nanna Maria kept in her purse for such occasions. I watched them walk to the nearest bench where Brennan's parents and my brother were seated.

I turned and looked at Brennan. He opened his arms, and I stepped into them.

"There's my sexy college lady," he said. I let out a squeak when he picked me up and started spinning. "I'm so happy for you."

"Thank you," I said when he sat me back down.

"You're going to do awesome." He leaned down to kiss me, and I felt butterflies erupt in my belly. This man still had an effect on me that I hoped would never go away.

We joined our family, and Jackson apologized for Olivia, Logan and Callahan not being able to make it. She was at home with two sick kids, which I understood all too well.

My phone went off, and I pulled it out of my purse to see Sam was calling me.

"Hey, Sammy!" I said when I answered.

"Hey, Brat! Congratulations!" she yelled, and I heard Ryan groan before calling her a loud mouth.

"I have got to learn to be quieter," she whispered, and I laughed.

"It'll get better. Ryan will get used to your obnoxiously loud voice, or we'll have to tape your mouth shut."

"He already threatened that," she laughed. "I better go. Ryan's giving me the evil eye because we're about to walk into a movie."

"Okay, well thank you for calling! I love you and miss you!"

"Love and miss you too! Don't forget to call me when you give Brennan his surprise," she said. I looked at my husband and smiled.

"Will do," I said before hanging up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14K 1.8K 45
Growing up with a nickname like Misery can seem like the worst thing to happen to a girl. That is, until you find out that your father is a serial ki...
113K 8.1K 43
Clementine Alexander gave her heart away at the young age of sixteen to a boy, turned man, that she knew was going to leave her. She thought she was...
17.4K 866 36
• Enemies • Friends • Lovers • What if two people destined to be together were too afraid to leave the friend zone? This enemy-to-lovers story focuse...
56.4K 2.9K 83
"Can we stop feeling guilty, Amelia? Guilty for all the things that weren't our fault." "We can Leo. Maybe someday." "That day isn't far off Amelia...