Misconceptions ✔

By geethu_sweetie28

Highest ranking: #4 in Indian; #7 in General Fiction; #7 in politics. •2nd place category winner of The Stell... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1:First Encounter
Chapter 2: Clash of the Titans
Chapter 3: Vile plan and major decisions
Chapter 4: Vows of forever(?)
Chapter 5: Truth and collaboration
Chapter 6: Naughty guy and arrogant girl
Chapter 7: First day of marriage
Chapter 8: Chief Minister. Arjun Mehra
Chapter 9: (Un)Known feelings
Chapter 10: Jealous Arjun
Chapter 11: Realisations
Chapter 12: Dinner to muse on
Chapter 13: What in the Sam Hill?
Chapter 14: A Dream?
Chapter 15: Surprise gift opening
Chapter 17: The Devil
Chapter 18: Mrs. Radhika Arjun
Chapter 19: A glimpse of the past
Chapter 20: Work is God
Chapter 21: A step towards Tweety
Chapter 22: A danger
Tagged (Not an update)
Chapter 23: Fear
Chapter 24: The Punishment
Chapter 25: The Past.
Chapter 26: The confessions.
Chapter 27: The Seduction
Chapter 28: The Reconciliations
Chapter 29: The Old Skeletons {with flesh}
Chapter 30: Behind the masks.
Chapter 31: The Disclosure.
Chapter 32: The Aftermath
Chapter 33: The Villain
Chapter 34: The Blast
Epilogue

Chapter 16: A dream that has come true

6.7K 344 344
By geethu_sweetie28

Salaam everyone... How are you all?? Not expecting me this early?? Well truth to be told, I was unable to put my fingers off from typing this chapter... This chapter reveals feelings of Radhika, some revelations and most probably a wish come true...

Happy reading...

~~~~~

Dedicated to: MysteriousGianna , 007rossy , AsirDivya

~~~~~

Pic credit: MysteriousGianna

~~~~~

It's the longest day Arjun has ever spent in his whole life. Why can't the time go fast for his sake? He could have gone to his house earlier and prepared for the diplomatic speech he was about to give to his wife. With a little luck, if he ever has that, his wife would have listened to him too. Guess his lucky charms don't work with his wife. Only practicality and logic rules her head. Can he ever make that ninny-head to accept the love she has for him? He didn't want to answer that question. Making her accept will be another herculean task for him. The office work is so hectic he wants to take skinny-dip or relax his body in one of the coolest rivers in the nearest place. The food supplies minister has become silent in the party meetings. Did he get his answer or is he planning anything against him? As promised earlier, the food supplies minister got one black mark in his profile on the website maintained for official government announcements. This thing is going to be tough in the later phases. The minister is powerful and cruel. What is he trying to do by keeping his silence? Is this silence before the storm or backing out from his vile plans? All these things are making his head spin and reel in different directions. Why the scientists who invented all the things to easy the human life cannot invent a refrigerator for the human head? If anyone invents such thing, he will be their first customer.

After signing all the documents necessary for the projects to take the lead or to continue them, Arjun headed to his house. Pawan is not accompanying him today for the fear of Radhika. What he thought of a wife earlier and what did he get in real! He wanted a girl who would always to listen and never question him. Isn't his mother the same type? His mother and father were always in such manner and led their life without any hitches. So by default, he too thought marriages are meant to be made as such. Obedient lady and strong-headed husband. If that had happened to him, would have he been happy? Of course, he knows the answer; the answer is a blunt and big NO. How can he survive without fighting with his wife! The small fights he has with his wife have become his favorite these days. What would have he done if the fate did not interfere and got another girl as his wife? Why another girl, suppose his childhood sweetheart. She is not obedient and meek though but has accepted many of his decisions without a retort. Many times he thought that is the work of his annoying yet adorable mothers. He could not be so sure about this because he is not a first-hand witness for any of these lady-politics in his house. How is she now? That question is swirling in his mind like a tornado these days. He didn't want to break her heart when he announces about his love for his wife. Surely she would have known about his marriage given the publicity he got from the media. His private life has never been this public. Even in his childhood, someone or the other took hold of the reins when a thing about him broke out. And one of them is his childhood friend and sweetheart, as Pawan says. Her name is Ayushi. Why did she ever leave him? Where did she go? What did she do in all these years? Is she single or got married because she found her soul mate? If that ever comes true, he would be the luckiest man on the Earth. Then there will be no heart breaks or sobs to calm down.

God! Please let this happen this way. Please let her be married to her soul mate.

Dragging him out of his musings, his car screeched to a halt in front of his house. What an expression his wife had when she saw this house! Shocked is definitely an understatement. She is so stunned at that moment. Why can't a politician have a one room apartment? This house is bought with the money earned from his own sweat and blood. He didn't accept any money from his father or his forefathers. They left him a great deal of money and he very well knows that that money is not earned through legal ways. He didn't want to spend his life on someone else's sweat and blood and so he refused to take that money. All the money and assets are being transferred to orphanages and non-governmental organizations on the name of a stranger. Someone would benefit from the money which will be no use to him if it stayed with him. Pawan tried to talk him out at first when he suggested this idea. He said it was preposterous. He cared less about the money then and also now. All he ever wanted is the people whom he loves more than his life. That list had his mother, father, Ayushi, Ayushi's mother Swetha, Ayushi's father Chandra and his best buddy Pawan. And now this list is extended with his wife Radhika and her stupid idiotic brothers Hitesh and Vikas. These two brothers-in-law of his are stupid but very good natured when they want. He knows why they have come to his office today. They thought his wife is falling in love with him. That thing is understandable. But why the hell did Hitesh warn him in such way? What happened in these few hours that turned Radhika to stone and her brothers to followers of Hades!!

Before he can think of the answer, his wife entered the house fuming with all the anger she had. What did he do now? Nothing of any bad sort, he guess. If the reason she is angry is related to him, god save him today 'cause he is not having an ounce of energy to fight with her today. All the energy was drained in the office itself. Should he speak something or will she do the talking? Of course, his wife is always a step ahead of him, so she started her one-way talk. Was that a question or a growl? He didn't hear it properly.

'Huh?' asked Arjun.

'What the hell? Where is your head when I asked the question earlier?'

'In my dreamland. You got a problem?' snapped Arjun.

Why can't she straight away ask the question again? Her answer should always be a question to his question. Ninny-headed lady. Hmph!!

'"Why did Vikas and Hitesh come to your office this afternoon?" Did you hear that or should I repeat it a third time for the charm?' snapped Radhika.

This husband of hers should be taught a lesson. First, she needs to know why her brothers met her husband. If this is anything related to the matter she shared with them this morning, they are going to be so dead in her hands. What did they think? She cannot handle matters. She bloody hell knows how to handle her matters and that includes her dumbo husband too. When she asked Vikas about the matter, he rejected to answer her question. Well, that was a first time. Hitesh is out of bounds when questions were to be answered. He answers them in a way that people have to think for days to counter question him. Luck always favours the brave and so here she is asking her husband with all the courage she has. If he didn't answer her question, then she is going to publish an article stating how false the proverb had been proved to her.

'Why do you think I will answer that question?'

50-50 chances for writing the article.

'Because I am asking you the question and I am your wife.'

'So?'

70-30 chances.

'You will not answer your wife?'

'My wife didn't say bye to me this morning. So as a rebound, I am not going to answer her question.'

81-19 chances.

'I was in hurry this morning.'

Scoundrel Arjun! He always gets what he wants keeping people's vulnerability at stake.

'You didn't even get into my car. I was waiting like a fool holding the door for you.'

Now she understood why he is being such a baby. She made him look like a fool holding the car door for her to get in.

93-7 chances.

'I thought reaching office in Vikas's car would be better. You have to reach your office quickly too. So I called Vikas and told him to send his car.' Said Radhika sheepishly.

She knows her answer will not be enough for him. Bloody fool!! How can she forget his manipulations!! God save her from this man.

'That is not a good reason to leave for your office according to me. I would have taken the short cut route to reach my office quickly. And finally, I am not answering your question.'

Bloody idiot, stupid, scoundrel, louse, ass... He got all his answers and didn't answer her question.

Stupid, stupid Radhika. How did you expect him to answer your question when your brothers dumped you, huh?

100% chances of writing an article.

Stupid manipulative Arjun. Because of him, she got another load of work now. She should cry for a whole hour now saying 'Mumma' loudly. Are there people nearby? If yes, she should drop the idea, she doesn't want anyone to sue nuisance case on her. If no, her husband is going to have an ear bleed for sure.

'Why will you not answer my question?'

'Because I am not in a mood to answer any of your questions.' Said Arjun with a shrug. What did she think? She will get answers to all her questions. Not happening this day. Hahaha!!! Mogambo is so happy today.

Radhika will go mad with all these male species she got around her. Why can't a girl be her friend? Whenever a girl became her friend, they always had two reasons. One is to flirt with either of her brothers because they are available in the vicinity only when she is present. Second is obviously share a bed with either of her brothers. Pity! Her brothers are not the people who chase anything that is in the skirt and so the dreams of all those girls were shattered. And so she didn't have any girl as her friend to this day.

'By the way, how did you know that Vikas and Hitesh met me today? I thought they didn't inform you about our meeting.' Asked Arjun bringing her out of her reverie.

With this dialogue of Arjun, Radhika remembered her anger again. She brought out her tablet and showed him the pictures posted by a reporter of another media house with a caption, "Why did the giant media house owner Vikas and his close confidant Hitesh meet the Chief Minister? Is there a secret that is going to be published tomorrow in their newspaper? If getting a girl married to the Chief Minister can yield such benefits, we would have done the same earlier."

This brought out the anger in Arjun. All he could see is red. What the hell did the reporter think of themselves? We should not misuse the power given to your hand. There are many people out there who needs, not wants, mind you, the media help. You do not have work, doesn't mean other people are also sitting and lazing around.

'Do you see now why I am pestering you? Tell me the reason now.'

'No.' Said Arjun through clenched teeth. He is not thinking about her questions now. He will bring down the media house reputation for playing out his love for his wife to a nasty joke. Everyone will know what Arjun Mehra can do to protect his loved ones. If they want to see the devil, they better prepare themselves for that because he is going to strike his blow now.

'No? You idiot, stupid. You don't see the intensity of this problem, right? See I am telling you if you are not going to......'

Before her lips could complete her rant, they were sealed with her husband's lips. Bloody fool is kissing her. What the holy hell!! She tried to push him away. But the oaf is not moving an inch. Big great giant oaf of a man. When she came to a conclusion that she is not going to win she started to kiss him back. She felt his smile in the kiss. He is laughing making her weak with his kiss. Bloody scoundrel. She bit his lower lip to stop him from smiling. But what did she get? A big 'babaji ka tullu'. He started to kiss her more fiercely this time.

Radhika!!! Facepalm yourself immediately. Girl, you need that slap to your head.

But wait a minute, she can face-palm only when her husband leaves her face, no? And by the looks of it, he is not going to release her any sooner. Why should she back away from the challenge? After all, he loves her so much. Haa, that is different, he loves her childhood self much more. That doesn't matter until he keeps kissing her. He is an accomplished kisser. Very funny, Radhika! Does she even have another kiss in her account to compare this kiss with that? No silly, all she knows is the kiss that she read in romantic novels and the one that is happening now in real. That means her dream is coming true. If dreams come true like this, she should dream of becoming President of India too.

Another face-palm. This one is major, all right.

When Arjun is satisfied with the kiss, he came up for the air to see his handy-work; it is his lip-work if that is to be stated more precisely. Before Radhika's mind and mouth can form another question, he locked her lips with his for another kiss. This lady is everything he needed in his life. She makes his life interesting and intriguing. There seem to be many secrets around her, that doesn't matter to him until she is with him, beside him. To guide him whenever he is out of the choices. To stable him whenever he stumbles upon his path and most importantly to walk with him in this beautiful journey called life and make it even more beautiful. Finally, he loves her too damn much to let her bear the insults all alone. That media house will pay for what they have done.

Aaahhh!!!! Another kiss. Like seriously, the second kiss of the day, no third if the dream kiss is taken into account. This man will be the end of her with just a kiss.

'Now come on, no more questions. Freshen up, have something and get to bed.' whispered Arjun breathing heavily.

That brought Radhika out of her haze, whatsoever she is in till now. Sharing bed with him is a no-no for her. She doesn't trust her body with him now. Not that he will take her against her consent. Her traitor body will fail her in every aspect if she is beside him on the bed tonight.

'No.' Said Radhika in the same manner as Arjun.

'Look, Doll!! If you are thinking about anything wicked that is going to happen on our bed, then let me make it clear, nothing is going to happen today. I will not take you when you are uncomfortable being intimate with me. I will make sure our first time will be that day when the secrets of both of us are out and we are clear headed.' Finished Arjun.

Radhika could have cried out of happiness. He is confessing his love for her in a different manner. There is no need to say I love you, all right. He said all she wanted to hear to prove his love for her. But what about the conversation he had the previous night with Pawan? Did she miss any earlier conversation? Being a journalist, she should know this - Half truth is always dangerous. And she did the same thing in her foolishness. But her foolishness did give her rewards - her husband's confession and the truth is out that he loves her. This has to be the brightest day of her life.

Both of them came to a conclusion that they will sleep on the same bed but will not take their relationship forward that night. This brought fresh tears to Radhika's eyes when she saw Arjun sleeping hugging her as tight as he could. It looks like he is in fear thinking she would vanish if he does not embrace her.

How can she tell him that the reason for his mother's death is her mother? And he was kept in dark saying that his mother is still alive but in coma because he is closest to his mother. How can she look into his eyes when they accuse her of keeping this information under covers all these years? How can she love him when she will be the one who has to tear his heart into pieces?

She tried her level best to keep him away from her mind and soul. But the traitor he is made his way to her heart and constructed a castle over there and became the king of that castle. Will she ever be able to leave him after this betrayal she is going to give him with all of her senses intact? How can she do this to him? He is been her heart even in the childhood. She fought with him, for him. She kicked the ass of a reporter who is trying to harass him for the information about his father. She cooled down her temper whenever her mother made her understand that anger is always to a downfall to human. She can do anything for him and if that means she has to leave him when he knows the truth and asks her to leave his life, she will do that very happily. Vikas and Hitesh are the only ones who know this truth. She feared that they had slipped their tongue today in front of Arjun in fear of losing her. But her brothers proved themselves to be gentlemen and let the matter pass by. Only she has the right to ever say the truth to him. That day she has to bear the pain of breaking two hearts at once - one is hers and other is her love and her husband's.

~~~~~

End of the sixteenth chapter... Lalala!!! I know there are so many questions from your side... But am not going to answer anyone of them till the time comes, hahaha... *Evil me*

So coming back how did you like this chapter??? Is it to your expectations?? Finally first kiss of Ardhika... Yaayyy!!! Confession of Arjun too in the same chapter... How many of you liked that confession??? Saying the three-word sentence is not always necessary, you know. There are many ways to confess your love to your loved ones... Many say it through their actions and others through their words... Arjun's actions will be in the next chapter most probably... He doesn't leave anyone who insults his loved ones... Hehe... What do you think the food supplies minister is up to?? Do you think he's changed for good or is he planning for big dhamaka??

- This is for those people who didn't understand what 'Babaji ka tullu' is - it is a punch dialogue of Mr. Kapil Sharma from Comedy Nights with Kapil aired on Colors TV...

MysteriousGianna : Di, hope you liked the chapter... Didn't want to break your heart, so see kiss of Ardhika... hehe... Love you...

007rossy : Hello Didi, much-awaited chapter, huh!!! You are my driving force to write this chapter... Love you so much...

AsirDivya : Divya, you have been a constant support for this story... Thank you so much dear... Love you...

Any more questions will be answered in the comments... Do you have any suggestions for this story or any other ongoing story of mine??

Do let me know how you liked this chapter from the comments section below... Have a great Sunday and love you all...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

837K 36K 37
Radhika runs somewhere and hides behind the pillar. Her eyes searching for someone and she couldn't find anyone. She gets relaxed and leans on the pi...
717K 36.4K 81
✔️First place in People's choice awards 2020 in general fiction category❤💕💝 ✔️First place in Rainbow awards 2020 in humour category❤💕💝 ✔️Third p...
9.4K 1K 15
◇𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄◇ ~𝐀 𝐉𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐲♤▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎♡𝐨𝐟 𝐀𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧~ Have you ever thought, whe...
769K 23.1K 40
• BOOK 1 IN MEANT TO BE SERIES • • COMPLETED • • STANDALONE • ~ "I was never yours." I retorted angrily. "Oh sweetheart. You were always min...