Rich Boys Can't Love

By briezyb

More

Rich Boys Can't Love
Rich Boys Can't Love ch.2
Rich Boys Can't love ch.3
Rich Boys Can't Love ch.4
Rich Boys Can't love ch.6
Rich Boys Can't love ch.7
Rich Boys Can't love ch.8
Rich Boys Can't love ch.9
Rich Boys Can't love ch.10
Rich Boys Can't love ch.11
Rich Boys Can't Love Final chapter

Rich Boys Can't love ch.5

1.6K 15 4
By briezyb

I ended up in the President's office alongside Vincent and he didn't look too happy. I thought Vincent wouldn't be able to get into trouble because of his dad, but I guess I was wrong. Right now Pres. Kang was looking at us with a disapproving frown on her face.

"Carter I had high expectations for you, so please explain why on the second day of school you're already getting into fights!" She really seemed upset and I had no idea why. It wasn't my choice to come to this school; it was her idea in the first place. I heard Vincent laugh at my humiliation and I glared at him. He only smirked that annoying half smile and nodded in the President's direction. I gave him the finger and turned back just in time as President Kang turned to face me. "I have an idea. I want you to move into a co-ed dorm with Vincent and work out your problems with him." It was Vincent's turn to be shocked.

"What? NO! That's not happening. My father will make sure of that."

"I don't think I'll make sure of anything Vincent." An older version of Vincent walked into the room and he had an empowering aura around him. His face was set into a serious manner and he did not look happy. "I've been keeping my eyes on you and have not been receiving good reports. What it this with you bullying girls? That is not how I taught you to be a man!" His voice rose. Vincent's expression was strained.

"But Dad it's not my fault! She was the one who provoked me. You also taught me to be strong and not let people walk all over me." This side of Vincent was a surprise. He seemed vulnerable and it felt uneasy.

"Is this the girl?" Vincent's father nodded in my direction.

"Hello sir, I'm Carter." I replied in the most formal tone I could muster. I felt intimidated by this man and it didn't feel very pleasant.

"It's nice to make your acquaintance Carter. You can call me Frank; I'm Vincent and Mark's father. I want to apologize on Vincent's behalf for his immature actions." He had manners and seemed to be a very well brought up man, unlike his pig-headed son.

"Sir it's fine. Vincent and I just got off to a rocky start; I'm sure we can overcome our differences and become friends."

"I'm glad to hear that Carter so I'm suggesting you follow President Kang's advice and work it out with Vincent by sharing a dorm room with him. I would appreciate it if you did." He leaned in closer and whispered in my ear, "Please do this; it may help Vincent with his attitude. I'll even pay you a fee."

"Frank it's not necessary to do that. I'll gladly do it." Even though I truly didn't want to, I felt like I had a responsibility to attend to and that was reforming Vincent into a better person. It would be hard. I looked over at Vincent and he looked unbelieving. I winked at him and his frown got bigger.

"So it's settled then. You both should pack your bags and move into your new rooms until three months' time is up."

"Dad you want me to spend three months with her! Are you crazy we'll tear each others' throats out at the end of day one. I won't do this, I completely refuse to do this."

"Son don't make this hard on you. You will do this willingly or I will have to force my hand. If you don't do it willingly then I will have to cut you off financially and you will find your own means of support." Frank's words were hard and filled with authority. I had a feeling that this was the first time Vincent's father had ever been so serious judging from the shocked look on Vincent's face. I kinda felt sorry, but them I reminded myself who this was and felt happy inside.

Vincent was defeated. He lowered his head and mumbled, "Yes sir." Wow, I guess Vincent wasn't all powerful like he showed to be.

"Then we're done here I suppose. I will say goodbye now." Frank shook my hand and headed out the same door he entered. There was an awkward silence in the room after Frank had left. Vincent resumed glaring at me and President Kang was signing some forms or something.

"Uhm...I guess I'll go pack." I left the room and returned to mine. I found Marissa in there; she tried her best to avert her gaze from me. I decided to be straight up with her because I was tired of all this crap. "Marissa what was up this morning?"

She fidgeted with the hem of her shirt and looked at the ground refusing to look me in the eye. "Okay fine whatever. I thought you could be a friend, but I guess not." I just grabbed my suitcase from underneath my bed and dumped all my belongings in a heap. I felt Marissa grab my arm and when I looked up I found tears in her eyes. "Hey are you alright?"

"Carter I'm really sorry about this morning; I should have warned you but I was scared that Vincent would get mad at me. And now I'm kicking myself for being such a coward when you stood up to him and even hit him!" Marissa's words all came out in a rush and she took a deep breath afterward. Her eyes were rimmed in red and I realized for the first time that she had been crying before I got here. I felt bad for making her feel so guilty.

"Marissa it's okay, I understand why you acted the way you did. You don't need to be so upset about it." I didn't know how to comfort her. "Oh, and I'm moving out if you haven't noticed already."

"You're what? Is it because of me? Because I promise to make it up to you! Please don't move out because of me."

"Calm down! I'm moving rooms because the President wants me too, and guess who my new roomie is? The one and only Vincent, my worst nightmare." I watched as Marissa's jaw dropped open in astonishment.

"You're moving into a co-ed dorm with Vincent?! Oh my god!!!"

"Hey can we not blow out my eardrums? Here, help me pack." We spent the next hour or so packing and talking about ourselves. I learned the Marissa's dad was in the stock market and had prospered very well; we had a lot in common personality-wise. Marissa walked me to my new room and helped me settle in. My new room was pretty awesome. It was like an apartment with a kitchen and everything. I guess that Frank had us hooked up with the best dorm. The only bad thing was that the two rooms were connected by an adjoining bathroom, so it meant sharing a bathroom with a guy.

Marissa left to get back to her studies since she had class in the afternoon. After she left I just lay in my bed and thought about everything. My mind drifted to Drake and his handsome face. His dark brown hair and green eyes were stuck in my mind. I felt attracted to him and couldn't help but wonder if he felt the same way. The way he looked at me made me blush; he looked at me like I was his and no one else's. I was absorbed in my fantasy when I heard the door open. I walked out of my room to find Vincent coming through the door with his belongings being carried behind him by other people. They were students who had been probably bribed into doing favors for Vincent.

Vincent didn't even look at me when he came in. I just sat down in one of the recliners and watched students come in and out with belonging that were being carried into the other room. At last the final student left and Vincent and I were left alone. We needed to talk sooner or later and I preferred soon. I found Vincent in his room lying on his bed. He was reading a magazine and didn't even bother to look up when I entered.

"Vincent we need to talk."

"I have nothing to say to you. I'm going to have the least amount of contact with you in the next three months. Don't bother me and I won't bother you. It's that simple." He made me so mad. I walked over to his side and snatched the magazine from his hands.

"The least you can do is pay attention when I'm talking to you." Vincent finally looked at me for the first time and his gaze was directed toward my right hand which was holding the magazine. He reached out and grabbed my right wrist. The spot where he was touching me burned with electricity and gave me goose bumps. He brought my hand up to his eyes and examined them. I felt pain shoot through my arm. I looked at my fist and it was swollen; it was red and bruises were starting to form.

"Your hand needs to be treated. Come on." Vincent dragged me into the kitchen and told me to stand still. He went to the freezer and filled a bag with ice. Seeing him do this made my heart flutter. Was Vincent really helping me?

"Why are you doing this? I thought you hated me." My words seemed to turn on a switch in Vincent's head. He dropped the ice into the sink and turned to me.

"Am I not allowed to help you?"

"Have you forgotten already? I think we're supposed to be enemies, in that case I don't need your help." For some reason I was getting angry.

"Then I'm sorry for even bothering! It looks like you have everything under control. Do you hate me that much, that you won't let me help you when you're hurt?"

"I don't understand why you're being mean one second and nice the next and it's really starting to get irritating. Since when have you cared enough about me to help me? Isn't it your goal to get me kicked out of here?!" Vincent had nothing to say. By now both of us were pretty worked up and I was on a roll. I was so mad at Vincent. He was mean and then nice; I was so confused so I didn't know how to react. I just grabbed the ice from the sink and stormed into my room. I collapsed into my bed and just cried. I cried my heart out because I was so confused.

I didn't know how to feel. One moment I hate Vincent and the next moment I feel all fluttery and get goose bumps when he touched me. I gradually drifted off into a fitful sleep as I dreamed about home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8M 61.6K 81
Diana is an 18 year old girl about to start her senior year until she bumps into a woman at the bookstore who has quite the personality. The woman ta...
196K 14.7K 16
𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐚 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐱 𝐑𝐮𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐤𝐬𝐡 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 ~By 𝐊𝐚𝐣𝐮ꨄ︎...
594K 23.5K 70
Lilly found an egg on a hiking trip. Nothing abnormal on that, right? Except the egg was four times bigger than supposedly the biggest egg in the wor...
903K 77.5K 131
This is the continuation of short story collection 'Love me thoda aur '.