Rejected

By LifeAsIknowIt

“I, Eryn Jay, accept your rejection William Camp” I watched as his body dropped to the ground. His hands sho... More

Authors Note: Read before starting Rejected.
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
AUTHORS NOTE
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
EPILOGUE
Authors note

Chapter 29

13.7K 497 33
By LifeAsIknowIt

 *****A/N*****

This is not the end- but close. 

This has not been edited. This chapter was dedicated to inaomif <-- youve been reading since the begining--> Thanks love xo 

Enjoy <3

CHAPTER 29

The sun was slowly starting to peek through the night sky. I was down by my stream but instead of lying out in the open I decided; for a change – to lay hidden by a big oak tree. I didn’t really know what to do with myself. I felt everything starting to crash down. The reality of the situation I was in hit me like a ton of bricks.

 With my uncle dead the responsibilities of MidMoon fell onto my shoulders. I could barely be Beta let alone an Alpha! – Not to forget the fact that I killed an innocent pack member, I know nobody else has forgotten… Of course the fingers point to me as there bad guy- even though Leanne was the one to murder there alpha; Fucking stupid pack members.

“You probably should have tried a little harder to be friends with the pack.”

“Ya think?”

Sighing I shook my head; even if I did become alpha- there’s no way I could handle the responsibilities. And being alpha to Blake? Oh god- Blake. Another ache torpedoed around my heart.  As if I didn’t have enough on my plate already. I know Leanne will be flashing their relationship in my face- unfortunately Blake won’t even realize how bad he’s hurting me.

“Should have finished her off Rosie”

“Believe me… I tried- you know how mates get- mated or not.”

The sun was getting higher in the sky; showing me I’ve been out here all night and most of the morning. I sunk deeper into the trees; laying down I waited for sleep to overcome me – I hoped for death.

“A little dramatic don’t you think?”

“I’m just so done with my life being so fucking hard. I got dealt some really shitty cards Rosie.”

Twigs snapping caught my attention; creeping silently on my belly I peeked my head out through a tiny opening. Blake stood there by the stream in all his sexy glory.

“Eryn; I know you’re out here I can smell you”

My eyes turned to slits- fuck you and your nose Blake.

Someone’s in a nasty mood”

“Eryn; please, let me explain”

When I refused to speak he sighed and sat down- his feet splashing in the water.

“Eryn; I’m sorry for hurting you. I never wanted to mate with Leanne; but when I seen you attacking her all my wolf cared about was protecting his mate! He overtook my control Eryn- god I couldn’t... I couldn’t control it! I knew what I was doing but had no choice. Once we seen the extent of her injuries we didn’t think- just… just acted. I’m so sorry Eryn- but she was my mate; you out of all people know how that fucking bond is”

I bit my lip; but again said nothing. What was there to say? Ya I know how the bond is- but you can fight it. Fuck I have! Shaking my head I decided to stop being a pussy and climbed out of my hiding spot. Blake looked over his shoulder at me; surprised.

“I didn’t think you would actually come out”

I just shrugged and sat down beside him; my feet sloshing in the water like his.

His hand touched my chin; making me look at him

“I’m so sorry”

I started to feel the familiar rage bubbling in the pit of my stomach. He was sorry? Yes that word … sorry… is really going to help me find my heart that he stomped on. 

I could feel my eyes starting to go red- it was the strangest feeling; it felt hot. I knew the moment Blake noticed it to. He pulled his hand back still staring at me.

“E-Eryn?”

I curved my mouth into a venomous smile

“Fuck you Blake. I’m calling a pack meeting- be ready with your little whore.”

Jumping up I started to make my way back to the pack house. I wasn’t sure what was going on with my body; Nolan said I was poisoned… although with what I had no idea. My movements felt forced; I just wanted to rip someone to shreds. I could feel the burning sensation expand across my middle; spreading up my arms and down to my hands. As I walked away I looked down at my palm- I couldn’t see anything but the feeling was indescribable. Like I could set something on fire just by my touch.

  Blake grabbed my arm stopping me dead in my tracks; but quickly pulled his hand away

“Holy fuck Eryn; wh-what the hell is wrong with you?”

My head coked to the side.

“Wrong with me?”

“You’re hot- really hot. Your eyes- they… they look like the night we killed those hunters. What did he do to you?”

His hand came up to grab a stray hair; instinctively I let out a warning growl.

“Don’t fucking touch me”

He gulped then nodded, dropping his hand to lay limp on his sides. Glaring at him one more time I whipped around.

“Oh, and Blake I really think you should head on back to the pack house. I ‘am calling a meeting...your whore and you need to be there”

I was walking further away; I almost thought he didn’t hear me.

“Why do we need to be there Eryn?”

Smiling I looked over my shoulder

“Your filthy little mate did murder the Alpha- or did you forget?”

Gathering all the pack members hadn’t been as hard as I thought it would be. I know the color of my eyes helped motivate them to listen; and my voice ordering them to the common room left little to no more for argument. Walking up to my uncle’s podium; the anger started to dissipate- replacing it with grief. The last time I was in this room was when I was being welcomed to join the pack. I felt a damn threatening to break but held it back- alphas show no weakness.

“Thank you for gathering in such short notice”

Looking over the crowd I spied Leanne and Blake in the back; I held her eye contact and smirked- stupid bitch. My eyes landed on Will; ho was funny enough  looked mad still.

“As most of you know the threat of the hunters is gone.”

Clapping rang through the room; smiling I held my hand for silence.

“That being said we had casualties. Alpha Bernie- my… my uncle- was murdered”

I took a breath to compose myself. Shaking it off I looked back up into all the eyes of Berni-my pack.

“He was murdered not by hunters- like so many of you assume- but by a member of the CrystalNight pack”

Gasps echoed around me; I looked to the back of the room. Blake looked furious with me; I glared right back.

Looking back over to Leanne she looked genuinely scared- good. Sighing I took a breath- choosing my next words carefully.

“Because the threat of the hunters is gone… I want CrystalNight to start their journey home”

When nobody said anything I rolled my eyes

“In other words- pack your shit and get off my uncles land- take the murdering bitch with you.”

I looked directly into Leanne’s eyes; slowly members of my pack turned to see who I was staring at

“If you ever step foot on MidMoons land again; I will rip you to shreds slowly. Got it?”

Her lip quivered but she reluctantly nodded; shuffling closer to Blake.  Pathetic.

Clearing my throat everyone slowly started to turn back to me

“As most of you have figured out; because I was my uncles beta- the alpha position falls on me.”

I waited for someone to start shouting; demanding to fight me for the alpha title. Instead everyone stayed silent- eyes still trained on me… weird.

“Uhm, but I don’t think I can fulfill my duties without some help. I’d like you all to nominate a beta- who will run the pack in my absence.”

Murmurs broke out amongst the crowd. Without even being able to help myself my eyes found Wills- like a magnet’s pull. His arms were crossed; showing off his defined arms. His face a stony expression.

“Alpha Eryn?”

Snapping my head back I looked at the young boy- nodding at him to continue.

“Where are you going?”

Everyone’s voices stopped at once… where the hell was I going?  I decided honesty was my best choice. Looking around the room at everyone I gave a sad smile.

“I was dealt a shitty hand in life- I don’t think I have ever really gotten over a lot of things in my past. I just need to go away for a while- find all my demons and face them head on. I need to be able to fix myself before I can lead and fix this pack.”

Nobody said anything- not like I expected them to. A little “good luck Eryn” would have been nice though. Shaking my head I took a step back.

“You are all dismissed”

Walking to my room- will’s room- I decided it would be best to leave immediately.

“Think we will find what we’re looking for?”

“Probably not, but we are going to have fun searching”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.3K 783 36
"We were holding hands and walking along the pier. Alec loved the peir and so do i. I wish I could bring Holland She loves it here. I cringed and pus...
10.4M 350K 32
"When will you accept me?'' Lucian murmured against my skin. The wonderful feeling only grew as he stepped closer, the thick muscles between our laye...
517K 10.9K 44
I let a smirk take it's place on my face as I sauntered over towards him. He looked very amused, but I knew what I was doing. "I heard you're a playe...
62.7K 1.7K 40
"Roslyn i've always had my eyes on you since day one." Riley says pining me down "Give me the chance to show you that I love you." He says leaving lo...