Trolls Fanfiction: Iris

By TrollsObsessed

Characters belong to DreamWorks, plot belongs to me. (Well, Iris, Titian, and Blossom are my characters but y... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Another book?
Inspirations
Hello

Chapter 13

799 17 19
By TrollsObsessed

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Poppy's POV >

Poppy chuckled slightly to herself as she gazed down at one of her old scrapbooks. It was full of the story of her father rescuing them from the formerly depressed and Troll-hungry Bergens, showing how they rebuilt their civilization in a safer home and did not see another one of those scary monsters for twenty years straight. It then went on to show her and Branch's journey to save the kidnapped Trolls from Chef, the evil Bergen who had a desire to be Queen. Her heart warmed as she caught sight of the picture of her and Branch lifted up on the mushroom by Smidge's hair. She traced her fingers mindlessly over it, happily engulfing in the memory. "This was such a long time ago..." she muttered to herself.

"Poppy! Poppy!"

The sound of a panicked voice outside their pod made the Queen perk up, her eyes wide and attentive. The door exploded open and Branch came rushing inside, halting close to the desk she was sitting at and letting himself catch some of his breath before continuing. "There...there's something you n-need to see!" he panted out, gripping his knees with his hands as he bent over.

Poppy hopped down from her chair, closing the scrapbook, and dashing over to her husband's side. "Branch, is everything okay?" she asked, resting her hand on his back. "Just rest. I'm sure it can wait. Here, do you need some water—?"

"No! You have to come now! Like...right now!" The bright blue Troll was looking very serious and a little fearful. "This is important, Poppy. And scary..."

Poppy frowned. What was happening? She grabbed Branch's hand in hers, gazing into his beautiful blue eyes. "Show me then," she told him.

Branch led the Queen out of their pod, holding her hand tightly in his and keeping close to her side. His gaze was sharp and threatening, full of vicious fury. She didn't usually see this look in the King's eyes and knew something definitely had to be going on.

Poppy noticed as they walked further out into the usually-happy village, the Trolls seemed distressed, muttering to one another in hushed voices. A few were keeping to the edge of all the crowds, looking cautious and slightly disturbed.

Poppy suddenly realized Iris was nowhere to be seen. Oh no! Please don't tell me she's gotten herself into more trouble! "Branch, where's Iris??" the pink Troll snapped into her husband's pointy ear.

The male turned his rather large head towards her, blinking. "She's here," he reassured her. "You're about to see her. But what comes with it will not please you."

Poppy thought she felt her heart skip a beat at his words. What did he mean by "what comes with it will not please her"? Was Iris hurt? Had she gone out into the forest again? Had someone attacked her? What was happening?!

The crowd parted to give the King and Queen space as they made their way through the clearing. Poppy was simply just following Branch, not really sure where to go. But obviously her husband did. He looked determined and valiant, his muscles tensed and his head raised high.

She felt a flash of admiration for him. He was the most perfect King she could ask for and he was certainly an inspiration to every Troll. He was calm and wise but would get aggressive and protective to help his people or his loved ones. She relished that part of him. It was one of her favorite things about his personality.

Her attention was snapped back to reality as Branch halted, his sharp blue eyes fixated on two Trolls up ahead.

Poppy spotted Iris, just as Branch had promised, but there was someone else too. Someone that made all the blood in her body turn to ice and her heart to stop in her rib cage. She swallowed nervously as anxiety churned like a strong blizzard inside her stomach, her feet and hands beginning to tremble. No...no, this couldn't be right! This was impossible! She had watched this other Troll die! She'd been the one who sank the blade of her knife right into his heart. She had watched the life drain from his dark purple eyes and watch his flanks go stiff as the breath was driven from his slightly slender physique.

But now...now it was as if that had never happened. He stood straight and tall, his blue-green hair combed neatly over his head and curling at the tip as it always had when she'd last seen him. He still wore those yellow pants and his gaze held nothing but calm, restrained, and collected happiness that would usually put any Troll in a trance. But she would never fall for that traitor!

Her buggiest question was: Why was Iris standing with him? Also, why did she seem to enjoy his company.

Poppy realized that for the past few years of Iris' life when she'd told the old tale of her and Branch's adventures, they'd left out Creek. His name had been forbidden around Troll Tree after his execution and everyone had decided he would be forgotten and didn't deserve to be included in the heroic story.

Branch stomped over to Iris and Creek, his fists clenched and his demeanor holding nothing but pure rage. "What is going on here? Iris, why are you with this jerk." He turned to the calm and collected meditator, narrowing his bright blue eyes.

Poppy raced over to join him, staring at her daughter quizzically. "Iris, would you like to explain what's going on?"

The Princess' expression was completely dumbfounded. "What do you mean? What's wrong with Creek? He seems fine to me." She cast a gaze over to him, smiling warmly.

Poppy couldn't hold back the disgust she felt. Seriously?? Her daughter liked this idiot! Well, I guess this is my fault. I never told her about Creek...

Branch shook his head. "Creek, we killed you years ago! How the hell are you still alive?"

Creek stepped forward, his expression holding nothing but innocence. "Clearly your daughter has more sense than both of you put together," the purple Troll told them. "I told her everything. How you trampled down on my heart like I was a door mat and went for Branch instead!" His gaze became accusing as he faced Poppy. "You shattered my soul like glass Poppy. And then you told everyone I cared about that I what? Sold you out? Sold you out so you would get eaten and I wouldn't? You are a disgusting Troll, Poppy!" He gritted his rounded white teeth, his purple orbs full of seething anger.

The Queen felt nothing but shock. What the hell was this dude talking about? Had he lost his mind?? Before she could go on thinking, Creek continued.

"Yes, you did kill me, Poppy. But your sweet, sweet daughter Iris was brave enough to give some of her energy to provide me a second chance. She has brought me back to life. And I will restore the happiness you broke between me and my friends!" The purple male's speech" was greeted with shouts of protest rising from the gathered Trolls.

Branch glared at Iris. "Iris, what is happening? Why are you trusting Creek? He's lying to you! He's using you! Why can't you see that?? You've been manipulated!"

Poppy rushed over to the King's side and butted him away slightly. Iris was looking a little fearful and backed away from her sometimes-vicious father. "Wow, calm down!" the pink Troll muttered to Branch. "Let's not freak her out."

Creek had moved closer to the crowd. "What are you protesting for? Did you actually see me selling my friends out? No, you didn't! You're trusting the word of only two Trolls!"

"Yeah, well, those two Trolls just happen to be our leaders!" shouted some male voice from the assembly.

"Just two Trolls? Think again, idiot! We watched you too!" Satin and Chenille walked up with the rest of the Snack Pack just behind.

Smidge cracked her knuckles threateningly and Poppy felt a little shiver of fear. The little yellow female Troll was very intimidating despite her small size. She could fight a whole pack of wolves by herself if she really wanted to.

Everyone else was looking extremely defensive. Blossom and Titian had showed up as well, and Poppy noticed how angered Titian was looking. He glared at Iris as if she were a traitor to them all.

There's got to be some other reason behind that! Everyone knows Iris would never hurt us on purpose! She turned to face her daughter, frowning.

"Iris, step away from Creek. We'll handle this!" she shouted.

But the blue-skinned teenage Troll ignored her, glaring at her with sudden anger. "No! I won't!" She turned away stubbornly, crossing her arms.

"Just because a group of Trolls say one thing does not make it true!" Creek yelled to the group of riled up villagers. "When was I disloyal to you before then, hm? Did I ever try to sell you out before? Did I ever on purposely lead you to the Bergens?"

"Yeah, you sure as hell did! Remember when the Bergens showed up with you right on their shoulder?" A green female from the crowd raised up her voice.

"I was not leading them to you!" Creek snarled. "They forced me to tell you! They tried slicing me with their terrifying knives and I accidentally blurted out your location! I'm so sorry! They only took me with them because they figured maybe if I'd given them the wrong location and it was to a dangerous place, I would end up dying with them. It was punishment! I am very sorry, my good people!" He was looking very desperate now.

Poppy and Branch rushed over, grabbing Creek's arms and pulling him away from everyone.

"Come on!" Branch hissed in his ear.

Iris suddenly rushed forward, slamming into Creek and breaking him free of her parents' vicious grasp. "No! Leave him alone!"

The Princess walked towards the crowd and they fell silent, staring at the royal girl with interest in their eyes. "I stand with Creek!" she announced in a loud tone. "You will not hurt him! He's done nothing wrong! He's had his heart broken by them!" She pointed an accusing finger towards Branch and Poppy. "They hurt him, made him look like a criminal! I am your Princess, I wouldn't lie! Creek is a good Troll! Please!"

Poppy and Branch exchanged shocked and disgusted glances. This could not be happening...

Aw that's all for now kiddos •~•

I'll get to work on the next chapter soon hehe

Thanks for reading and don't forget to vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.1K 913 19
These are short Broppy stories that can take place either before the movie (when Branch is grey) or after the movie (when Branch is blue) or it can b...
104K 1.2K 35
Characters belong to DreamWorks and plot belongs to me >_< "Is this him, Creek?" the female Bergen asked. She had wrapped her fingers around Branch'...
31.8K 184 30
For all you Trolls lovers, you made some great fan fictions stories or a new movie of Branch And Poppy wanted to get married. Well for you I have a p...
7.2K 164 9
The Original Trolls Story from Branch's Perspective as he battles with his feelings for Poppy and struggles with his lifelong depression over losing...