Stuck at the Galleria

By lyleterry

It all starts when a timid daydreamer named Tre Listman accepts a dance date from Fillmore Jr. High's residen... More

Act 1: The Fall (by Tre Listman) (part 1)
Act 1: The Fall (part 2)
Act 1: The Fall (part 3)
Act 1: The Fall (part 4)
Act 1: The Fall (part 5)
Act 2: The Duck Hunter (by Max Cromwell) (part 1)
Act 2: The Duck Hunter (part 3)
Act 3: Tagged! (by Nora Irving) (part 1)
Act 3: Tagged! (part 2)
Act 3: Tagged! (part 3)
Act 3: Tagged! (part 4)
Act 3: Tagged! (part 5)
Act 3: Tagged! (part 6)
Intermission: The Division (by Tre Listman) (part 1)
Intermission: The Division (part 2)
Intermission: The Division (NOT by Tre Listman) (part 3)
Intermission: The Division (part 4)
Act 4: The Thrill (by Tre Listman) (part 1)
Act 4: The Thrill (part 2)
Act 4: The Thrill (part 3)

Act 2: The Duck Hunter (part 2)

152 8 1
By lyleterry

He answered that question rather quickly by throwing his black fist onto my left cheek. Before I fell, I pushed myself up with my hands and kicked him backwards. I turned around to find him on the ground, reeling like a fish out of water.

I couldn't help but laugh at him. He was flapping his feathery black wings and bursting his chest out like a dopey pigeon or something.

"Heh, you all chickened out, Bucky?" I said, trying to sound cool even though the bird pun was ridiculous. Before I knew it, though, there was a sharp pain in my shin and Buck was over me,

It was weird. His mask was cheerful enough (and he had teeth in his beak for some reason, which was sort of strange), but under that mask was a thief, liar, and cheat.

"Who are you?" I asked, not expecting a reply.

"That's for me to know and you to find out," he said. Then he threw his arm up, and everything faded to black.

----

I woke up on a bench outside the restaurant. The doors had been closed again, and there was a note on the door.

Frick. How come I can never beat that dude's sorry butt? I thought as I got up and pulled the note.

If you know what's good for you, this is the last time. But if you don't, well, look behind you.

I knew this was his coy way of engaging into the hunt, as he always tended to do. The fight was just a lead-up. I turned around to find him running down the aisle opposite me in an attempt to escape.

"Here we go again with this," I groaned as I did the same on my aisle. I kept my sights directly on him as we both ran, and wondered briefly just how exactly this guy could do so much in a hot suit like that.

He did this every time we encountered each other. He'd sort of get me down, and then once he knew I could get him again, he ran, just to mock me or something. It pissed me off, really, and he knew it. Dude, if you're gonna leave, just do it when I'm not able to chase ya, I mean, come on! 

When I found an opening in between the desks and stands between us I sped down it to end up right behind him. Once he saw me, he started to stumble a bit, then turned his head to look at the stores.

He sped up and turned into one with a tall beige wall. I stopped in front of it and gagged a bit.

Ugh, Victini's Sekret. The one place in the mall where everything is for women and their weirdo daughters. Blehhh.

I knew I had to go in though, because he'd escape me somehow if I didn't, so I went in with a groan.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5M 167K 44
*WARNING: RATED MATURE DUE TO LANGUAGE/SEXUAL CONTENT. READERS MUST BE 17+* *CANNOT be read without reading prior novels in series* Wolfe Emerson is...
3.9M 115K 59
* * * Lauren Collins is a good girl. She's responsible and shy but has a tight knit group of friends, excellent grades, and is dating Thomas Clark, a...
84.4K 6.5K 60
In Phi, you don't get a choice. You fight and you kill until it kills you. After running from the only home she'd ever known, Cassie is out to get r...
11.5M 175K 36
Kelsey Mays knows everything there is to know when it comes to loving a bad boy. They're uncaring jerks who will leave you brokenhearted and alone wi...