Broken~ Android!Kid x Reader

By piratequeend

It's common to find disassembled android parts during your job. It however was not common to find a fully fun... More

Android
New Roommate
Best Friends
Personality
Warning!
Smartass
Home

Not Him

3.7K 240 90
By piratequeend

             "I'm back." A familiar voice calls, waking you. Your eyes crack open and your mind tries to register the voice. There's a pause. "Uh... Who the hell are you?" They huff. Your eyes widen at that and you shoot out of bed and rush out, blinking at the blond as he and Kid look over.

"Killer!" You breathe before tackle hugging him. He chuckles hugging you tightly, smiling behind his scarf, fire colored eyes softening.

"I missed you too... So, what's with the guard dog?" He jokes lightly.

"This is Kid, he lives here now." You smile up at him, bouncing slightly. "I've missed you so much! Welcome home!" You chime hugging him tighter. He chuckles rubbing your back.

"I missed you more, I brought you something." He breathes before pulling away to show you the bag. You take it and look in.

"Snacks and gloves! I do need these! You're the best!" You gush hugging him again.

"Heh I try, looks like you've been busy." Killer looks at Kid again. "Where did you get an android?"

"I found him in the scrap, scared the hell out of me." You go over and pat Kid's chest. "So after a few days I took him in! He's a big help, and actually really cool." You smile sheepishly.

"That so?" Kid smirks.

"Shut it." You huff puffing your cheeks at him.

"... Interesting... Anyway, lets go get breakfast, Kid right? You can come too." Killer says putting his backpack down while you rush to go get dressed. Kid looks at Killer briefly before going to his claimed room to change as well. You come out, skipping to Killer with a smile.

"So... Did you win?" You ask him.

"Always. Work was fun too. They're coming up with another model. Calling them pacifista." Killer tells you.

"Pacifista? Even if they make new models, they're still no match for the Soldier model." You fold your arms with a smirk.

"... Weren't you afraid of the worker models?" He sweatdrops.

"Don't get me wrong. Androids still terrify me. But... Kid is a badass." You grin.

"Thanks, I try." The android rumbles behind you and you can hear the cocky smile in his voice.

"He's good at the ruining moments too." You deadpan, earning a chuckle from the redhead.

"You two get along well... Lets go." Killer hums before leading you both out. "So, I got news."

"News? The best news?" You lean on him.

"Eh... Alright news... I will soon be promoted to designer." He breathes rather proudly.

"That's the best news!" You gasp hugging him, "They're gonna look so cool!" You gush.

"Heh, but the thing is, it's further away and I don't know when I'll be back." He sighs putting an arm around you. You blink, frowning briefly.

"If it's what you want. You know where I'll be whenever you can come visit." You offer a smile. He hums, resting his cheek against your temple.

"Yeah... But I miss you..." He grumbles.

"Then call me once in a while! Or answer when I call." You poke his side as you enter the diner. He pulls away as you guys get a booth, Kid sits beside you.

"What division are you in?" The android inquires.

"The Marine division. I want to transfer to Beast division though." He shrugs. "Oh right, they want me to also attend their intelligence program, to help make the androids more-"

"They're lying." Kid says, "We're human enough. And we happen to be very aware that that program just wants to add corpses to the count." Kid's voice was low, sending a chill down your spine.

"What have you seen Kid?" Killer murmurs. Kid just smiles and glances around.

"Enough to know that this doesn't end the way you humans think it should." Kid says simply. You search his face briefly before looking at Killer.

"Please quit." You murmur. He straightens in surprise at that.

"He says one thing and you want me to quit. He's made to deceive ___." Killer sighs.

"He may be built to deceive, but he hasn't lied to me once. And he has a point, look at him. If it weren't for the scars I would have no idea that he is an android." You mush Kid's face. His amber eyes focus on you quietly.

"...I'll dig for myself, I don't want to quit without knowing for myself..." Killer tells you. A frown comes to your lips at that.

"Just please be careful." You breathe. "I don't want you to get hurt. Those people are powerful." You point out.

"As soon as I find the truth, I'm out." Killer assures.

You frown, trying to focus on searching for the right truck, propped up against your headboard. What Kid said bothered you. Made you feel like something sinister was in the shadows. You sigh and close your eyes briefly until you hear your door open.

You look up as Kid eases in, "Hey, something wrong?" You ask as he crawls into bed.

"Not really... What are you doing?" He inquires settling in beside you.

"Looking at trucks to distract myself from worrying about my best friend." You admit, leaning on him instinctively. "I like this one, says it's heavy duty, and we could probably fit something big in the bed." You show him your phone.

"Yeah, it looks great." He agrees, rubbing his scar quietly. You look at him and frown more.

"Kid. What's wrong?" You question.

"Why... Why do you trust me so much? I could be planning something that could get you killed and you're... You're..." He seemed bothered by your carelessness, which was very concerning.

"I don't know... Maybe I see too much of my old friend in you, and want to believe in you. Like I did him." You admit looking at him. He searches your face for a bit, seeming a bit in shock.

"... Intimacy warning." He breathes before kissing you deeply. You blink in surprise, very aware that the intimacy warning was probably a lie, but you didn't mind it, kissing him back. Kid moves your phone to your nightstand, arms wrapping around you and bringing you to his lap.

"Whoa, hey, not that intimate." You breathe pulling back. He frowns slightly at you.

"I wasn't planning to... This makes it easier to hold you is all." He raises an eyebrow at you. You blink and blush lightly, putting a hand over your eyes.

"I have no idea what you want, you make me nervous sometimes." You grumble lightly. He watches you for a moment before moving your hand from your eyes.

"Now you're worried? What happened to trusting me?" He teases. You glower at him.

"Shut up. You're not even on warning." You shoot back. He raises an eyebrow at you again.

"And you still kissed me back.." He smiles thoughtfully before kissing you again. You hum, kissing him back, fingers running through his hair. He nips your lip, rubbing your sides softly. There's a knock on your door and you both pause.

"Yeah Killer?" You ask looking to the door.

"Can we talk?" He inquires. You glance at Kid who sets you to the side before silently getting up and moving into your closet.

"Come in." You hum rubbing your neck, kinda glad for the interruption. Killer opens the door, leaning on the doorframe.

"So... Did you give the android Kid's name or..?" He inquires.

"Sabo thought of it... I think it suits him, don't you?" You rub your cheek.

"... Yeah... But ___, he's- It's not a person. Don't go falling for something that can't love you back... Because that android, can leave in a split second and never return nor think about you again. And you don't deserve that." He sighs.

"Killer..." You smile a bit. "I've always been in love with someone that can't love me back. I'll be fine." You point out. He meets your gaze, eyes saddened before coming over and hugging you tightly.

"He did love you. He loved you so much..." He whispers. You smile and hug him back, hiding your face in his shoulder.

"I'm glad... Go get some rest. You're working with us tomorrow." You pull back to smirk at him. He gives a pout.

"But it's my day off..." He grumbles.

"Fine fine... How about... Looking at trucks?" You ask.

"That's better. Then, we go to the cemetery." He hums. You blink and shift.

"What are you trying to say..." You frown at him.

"I just wanna see an old friend." He shrugs before going to the door. "Also... Your android kinda disappeared." He adds before going out and closing the door. You frown and put your head in your hands. You knew damn well what he was hinting at or wanted you to see. It was true you would probably get hurt in the end but... You just wanted to enjoy what you had now, while you had it.

"Kid, it's clear." You look to your closet door. No response, you frown in concern and go over before opening the door. He sat against the wall, eyes changing colors, pupils slitting and dilating. You kneel beside him and cup his cheek. "Kid?" You repeat worriedly. He jolts, eyes returning to normal and locking on you. He gently leans you back against the wall and kisses you.

"It's okay to love me..." He whispers quietly. You blink at him, trailing your fingers over his face, looking at the scars, more specifically, the mechanisms they revealed. You try to tell yourself that this was crazy. "___..." He cups your cheek, "It's okay." You meet his gaze before pulling away.

"I... I don't think I can..." You murmur looking away. Kid pauses, searching your face before pulling away from you.

"Yeah, I calculated you would say that... Hard to fall for a computer I guess." He breathes before getting up and going out briskly. You jump when your bedroom door slams, curling up and hiding your face in arms.

          "What am I doing...?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 295 19
Being done with someone isn't always easy. It's really hard to get over them... But sometimes... you need to lose someone to realize how truly import...
74K 3.6K 14
It was hard, going back being a marine. Several clinical examinations, both physical and psychological. All the lies. When Sakazuki ordered you to es...
35.7K 1.4K 13
Rebel Eustass Kid x Rebel Reader Modern AU Your car breaks down at the entrance of the town of Sabaody. There you meet a certain red head and you dec...
38.4K 1.3K 33
Hello again minna. Sorry for not updating for so long. But here's my next story, and please read and vote on it. I know it's lame and all but, I made...