His Personal Assistant.

By BleeBaybee

I looked up at the star filled night sky as the tears I had been holding back poured out of my eyes uncontrol... More

Chapter One.
Chapter Two.
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen.
Chapter Fifteen.
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen part One.
Chapter Seventeen part Two.
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter Nineteen.
Chapter Twenty

Chapter Ten.

262K 5.1K 521
By BleeBaybee

I heard the door opening as I sipped on my drink and played around with my food.

I could here voices, of a girl and Zephyr. Dear Lord, please don't let the female at the door be Sarah.

The door shut slightly louder than usual or was it just my senses being hypersensitive? I heard footsteps coming my way. I flet like covering my face and running away, but I wasn't permitted to do so.

Suddenly, Zephyr appeared in my eyeline, alone. Thank you God! He had a bag in his hands. I wonder what is inside and who gave it to him?

He came and placed the bag on the table and I looked at him, confused. He smiled.

"Your medications," he said as he set the bag on the table then poured water in a glass.

Thank God. If these were my medications, then it was definitely not Sarah at the door because the last time I recalled, she hated the sight of me. But his driver was a guy, I had heard a girls voice.

He eyed my plate quizzically. "Why haven't you finished your food?"

I looked at my plate, I had only managed to take two or three bites after he left for the door.

"Zephyr, I can't eat anymore. I'm full. I'm having a meal after so long, I don't want to shock my system by gobbling up everything. I'm not that hungry as well," I said meekly.

"You know, the only reason you're here, in this condition is because of food. If you'd eaten your lunch the other day, all this could have been spared," he says commandingly as his mouth pressed into a hard line.

Yes. This would have been spared. I would have been fine.But what about you and Sarah? I tried to shake away the negative thoughts by thinking of the time that I've spent with Zephyr so far, even if it was because of my sickness, but we did spent time. Progress. Improvement.

I smiled genuinely at him, at his concern and worry about me.

"Who was at the door?" I asked taking the glass of water that he handed me.

"My driver's daughter. Apparently, Sebastian, my driver isn't feeling well," he said as he took out the medications that I needed to take.

Why didn't the driver just inform Zephyr that he was sick? Was Zephyr that cruel with his staff.

I swallowed a tablet and looked at him," Why didn't the driver just tell you that he was unwell? Why did he get his daughter to do it," I asked.

"I told Sebastian that you were unwell. He had immediately in excitement told me that he would get the medications although his voice sounded rough and raspy, like he had a sore throat. Since he willingly wanted to do it,I didn't question him further," Zephyr said as he took out a paper and wrote something on it.

Sebastian was there with me, when Zephyr and I just got married. Sebastian was the one had shown me my room when Zephyr abandoned me after such harsh words. My hearbeat spiked and I think I had started panting. I tried to control myself to not think of that night.

Zephyr had looked so handsome that night, words couldn't do justice. I always knew this marriage was put together not by the bride and grooms will, I knew it would be difficult but yet I hoped and expected. Big Mistake. I knew it would take time for us to adapt to each other and our surroundings, all along I had thought that after we exchanged vows, slow and steadily we would eventually fall in love. He had added oil to my burning fire by acting so lovingly towards me a few days before the wedding. He had been so passionate and romantic whenever we were together, just a few days before the marriage.

I had honestly even dreamt that he would take me home after our wedding reception, swoop me in his arms as we consummate our marriage, magically. I will admit that o was equally nervous and worried but a girl has her dreams. But clearly he had other plans and my dreams were shattered. I wouldn't have disintegrated so badly if he hadn't had put up the act of being madly in love. To know what he was actually capable of doing if we were actually in love, makes everything more difficult.

I had also realised, that my thoughts of him being loving around me when we were together was wrong. He only used to do it when there were other people present.

I looked at my knotted sweaty palms. I can't think of all this now. I can't ruin what we have slowly built between us, even if its something small, but baby steps is better than staying still. Even if we never fall in love, I now had slight faith that at least we could be friends, the awkwardness between us, wasn't that prominent anymore. We'd come a long way from what we had started with.

"Here, you need to take these other two tablets as well," he handed me them.

I was too deep in thoughts that I didn't realise he was talking to me. He opened my palm and placed the tablets there. I looked at my palm and finally my brain had interpreted that I needed to eat them.

I took them but kept my eyes low. He would know something is wrong of he looked me in the eye.

"Are you feeling okay?" he asked me as he brushed my cheek slightly.

I slowly nodded. Now that I recalled that night, thinking of how mean Zephyr was to me is making think of Zephyr differently. I tried my best to push the thoughts away

"I've given the prescription of your medications to Georgyana. Please take them on time," he says putting the medications in the bag whilst sitting down and giving it to Georgy who came to clear our table.

I placed the glass on the table. I really wanted to look at him and thank him. But I couldn't. My eyes were filled with tears and I tried my best to resist them from falling.

"Evangelique, are you alright?" he asked me as his hands caught hold of mine and rubbed my palms.

"You're pale," he whispered.

With all the force I had, I managed to slowly push myself off the chair and stand up. In the process, our hands lost contact abruptly. The sudden action of mine, had caused a headrush that made me dizzy slightly. I closed my eyes trying to regain my balance. With a stone on my heart, I turned away from him and made my way slowly towards the chair.

At my third step, I jerked slightly. I lost my balance and slipped, I closed my eyes in pain as I braced myself from coming in contact with the floor. But instead, I felt two large arms surround my waist for support. My hips were squeezed slightly to make me stand again and balance up myself. I opened my eyes to see Zephyr with a displeased face staring at me.

As soon as my eyes met his, the displeased look was gone as his eyes were filled with concern and something else that lit up his face.

Without saying or doing anything we both just stood there staring at each other.

"Zephyr, was the medication supposed to make me drowsy?" I asked feeling lightweight, drunk almost.

"Yes," he said as he looked at me and grinned as though he managed to achive something.

"Oh," I giggled.

I felt slightly dizzy, "Am I going to fall now?" I questioned trying to keep a serious scowl but pouted as he chuckled and I bursted into a small laugh.

He came closer to me and leaned down slightly. His nose nuzzled my cheek as his warm breath came in contact with my cold skin.

"I will never let you fall," he said in a deep voice as his cheek rubbed mine and I flinched slightly.

He backed away only to bend lower slightly. I looked at him perplexed as he slowly lifted me of the ground.

"Weee. I'm flying," I said like a kid being pushed on a swing. I was seriously delusional.

He gave a slight laugh as he carried me in his arms upstairs.

The ride was shorter than I thought it would be as I was layed down on my bed quite fast. I could tell by the lighting.

"Zephyr, I want a piggy back ride," I said as his eyebrows shot up and he laughed.

"Ey, man! What you laughing at," I asked trying to sound like a serious Italian mafian guy.

"You woman. You!" he said as he kneeled by the bed to come in level with me.

He adjusted the comforter for me as I moaned in delight of the soft plushness around me.

"Is it that comfortable?" he asked as I purred like a kitten as I rubbed against the comforter.

I froze and looked at him. His eyes were darker slightly. I covered the comforter right up to below my eyes. I narrowed my eyes at him, worried about his reactions.

"Yes, but not as comfy as you are," I whispered.

Even in my delusional and drowsy state I was intimidated by him.

"I'm comfy?" he smirked.

"Yes," he said as he opened the first few buttons of his long sleeved buttoned up, body fitting shirt.

He continued untill all the buttons were open.

"What you doing?" I sing songed.

"Showing you just how comfortable I am," he said as he removed his shirt and let it fall to the floor.

He came around the bed and I felt the bed sink in. I felt heat beaming by me as I turned to see him next to me.

He stroked my cheek, "Sleep," he said.

I smiled at him, caught hold of his hand, caressed it, kissed the palm and tugged it under my head as I turned towards him.

I clearly felt brave when I wasn't in my right state of mind.

His hand was under my head as a pillow as his left hand pulled me closer by my hips.

He kissed my forehead.

"Sleep little one," he said and I giggled against his chest and he chuckled as his chest vibrated.

I closed my eyes and felt his hand snaking up my back. It stopped mid way and started caressing me. I smiled and nuzzled his chest as I fell asleep.

When I woke up later in the day, it was about 6p.m. Zephyr wasn't by my side nor in sight. But the thought that he actually slept by my side when I needed him, made me smile.

I finally got out of my bed after pondering over things for a long time. I walked to the bathroom and ran a warm bath and filled it up with scented bubble bath. As I stripped out of my clothes, I realised my headache was no more and I felt much better. 

I slowly sank my body into the bathtub that perfectly positioned my body. The warm water soothed my skin and the citrus scent soothed my senses. I tilted my head back to get my hair wet and rested my head at the edge of the bath. The bathtub was completely filled with bubbles that I started playing with. I felt so relaxed, so calm and at ease. I wish I could be in here forever. The water's temperature was perfect. I closed my eyes and took deep breaths.

I was once, phobic of being alone. Now, I have had no choice but to accept and adapt to being alone. The silence and loneliness scared me sometimes, but I would just pray and imagine all things positive.

I still remember that day clearly.  The day I had a boost of confidence, the day someone saw and had hope on me for achieving and being successful.  At a time negativity surrounded me, and bad issues struck my path daily, that time, someone powerful had saw light in me despite the darkness.

I was finally allowed to go to a party alone, for once. By party, I meant a decent dinner party not a clubbing party. I was already 20 but my dad still never allowed me to go anywhere without a bodyguard or without supervision. My dad was always overprotective over me seeing the fact that I was his only daughter. One of my closest friend friend, Lily and my Aunt Katherine finally managed to convince my dad after a half an hour talk and debate about me getting to know the world.

My dad finally allowed me to go alone, but not exactly alone, the bodyguards were instructed to wait for me outside the banquet hall.

It was at that dinner party that a renowned director came up to me and Lily for a chat. He was Lily's dad's close friend. He asked Lily about me, and I was introduced to him.

We had a conversation for less than 15 minutes. I was usually shy, awkward and self conscious when I meet and greet new people. But at that party, being by Lily's side made me feel comfortable and confident. Before the director left he pulled me in for a hug and told me exactly this, "Sweetheart, I like your confidence, you are very bold at the same time poised. The way you look at people in the eye and talk shows that you have absolutely no fear in yourself and in the truth that you speak," he said as he gazed me with s genuine smile on his face.

"Thank you. You're the only one besides those who know me well, who thinks, that me, being a girl and speaking the truth is right, others would beg to differ," I tried to say as happily as I could.

"Sweety, they're just being sexist. You mark my words, being bold and speaking the truth will take you to high places-he gripped my chin between his fingers and tilted it higher- keep your chin high and let your hair down. The world will be at your feet," he said as he leaned in to give me a peck on my cheek.

"It was nice meeting you," I said to him before he left and he smiled at me and Lily and left.

I was stunned and dazed, I was literally a statue after he left. I was given such a boost of confidence. I never knew I had those qualities that he pointed out in me.

Later that evening, Lily's parents approached us," Lily, learn something from Evane. Her work is so efficient and perfect. I'm sure you can pick up something goof from her," her mum said.

"Why mum? What perfect work are you referring to?" she questioned as she air quoted 'perfect work'.

"Dear, the guest list and name list for tonight was perfectly done, the arrangements that you made for the reception counter was perfect too. Thank you, you saved us a hassle," her dad said as he patted my shoulder.

"Your most welcome, uncle," I said.

"Evane, I've noticed, your always very prim and proper. You always know what to do, say the right things and very upright. I'm proud of you my dear, and you to Lily, for helping us out," her mum said.

"Thank you," me and Lily said in unison.

I was honestly stunned with Lily's mum's such kind words. I've always thought of myself as a klutz and awkward, I felt like I never knew what to do in a situation or how to react or what to say. But today clearly changed the perception of everything.

The dance floor had opened, everyone was dancing, except for me. I was in absolute shock, I had gotten so many compliments in one night. I never knew I had such qualities or capabilities untill they were pointed out, I always thought I was so inexperienced.

All this while, I thought I couldn't survive in the world alone and was so low confidence was wrong. I just needed some practice like to shine a diamond or to sharpen a knife. It takes a little practice, I needed to go out, venture and explore and then I'll make mistakes learn from them and become wiser, braver and confident. As they say practice makes perfect.  Before I could think deeper and embrace me happiness. Lily dragged me to the dance floor. I would have said no on usual times. But tonight I felt whole, I felt renewed, I felt different, I felt confident and most of all I didn't feel insecure. I got up and stride confidently to the dance floor and danced my heart out.

I was grinning the entire time on the journey back home. I felt rejuvenated. I couldn't wait to tell my dad all about tonight. My dad would be happy to hear that I took good care of myself and presented myself well.

As I took a step inside my home, I heard laughs and chattering. That was something rare to hear in my house at such an hour. It was about close to midnight.  I took slow steps and walked towards the sound. Not because I was scared but I was gaining confidence to face whoever was in there.

As soon as I reached the hall, I saw my parents alongside a couple that was around my parents age. I greeted them as they gawked me as a customer does to test or examine a new product. My confidence was kicked out of the door as my insecurities took over. All the excitement I had in me left with my cheery self. I soon remembered that I had seen the couple at the party. They were seated on one of the main tables. I couldn't recall their names though or the fact that they knew my dad. But then again my dad had tons of important and renowned contacts and my dad was quite famous as well, so this is not much of a surprise but a common coincidence. 

As I was about to leave for my bedroom, along came a man, Zephyr. I realised he was at the party as well, he had been mingling with different girls everytime my glance passed him. He left the function quite early though, I'm thinking because he had to come to my house. But the question is why?

As our eyes met, warm to cold, soft to solid, chesnut brown to hazel, I knew and sensed something wasn't right.  For a person I had just met, he seemed to be upset with me. He knew something that I didn't know but was soon to find out about.

I rapidly shook my head as I was snapped from my vividly real flashback. I heard noises that became louder, they were coming from my room. It was Zephyr's voice. He was calling out for me.

As I wanted to tell him I was having a bath. The door swung open.

"Evangelique?" he stopped once he was already inside and immediately as his eyes came in sight of me.

I froze as I realised I was absolutely bare, nude infront of him. I was sure I was all shades of red right now. Instead of looking away, his eyes were glued on me as a devilish smirked slowly spread on his face.

10k+ reads. Thank you all so much!! You, my readers are marvelously supportive. Just when I think, this is it, you guys raise the scales and stakes. Thank you!!!! Please continue voting and commenting!! =D

Lots of Love,

Blee. xoxo xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 336 27
Back in this day and age, royalty no longer wedded royalty, simply because everyone now wanted to marry for love. Which is why a union like ours woul...
8.2M 194K 100
"WHY CAN'T YOU GET IT INSIDE YOUR HEAD?" He trapped my trembling body between his arms and slammed his fist into the wall. I flinch at the sound as I...
5.4M 138K 39
She - Innocent, shy, clumsy, naïve 19 year old beautiful girl who's trying to face the challenges life is throwing at her. With no parents besides he...