Surviving The Thinning

By EmilySings

Louisa Karrington is going into her last 10-241 test and is hoping to pass and finally be free from the awful... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
OMG UPDATE!!

Epilogue

2.9K 55 30
By EmilySings

~Louisa~

"Blake!" I call out as I walk into our cozy home.

"In here!" He yells in response.

I pull off my coat and hang it up before taking my shoes off and pushing them against the wall with our other pairs.

I walk through the hall and peek my head into the doors trying to find him. I go passed every door in our apartment and don't find him. The only place left was the small porch that looked out over our beautiful town.

I cautiously go to the sliding door and push the glass and step outside.

"Blake what are you doing outside, it's cold ou-" I stop mid-sentence when I finally spot my boyfriend standing looking ready to go out, leaning against the railing casually.

"Hey." Is all he says with a sweet smile.

"What's going on out here?" I ask curiously.

"I was going to make you wait until we ate, but I can't help myself so... Brace yourself." He informs me with a chuckle.

I nod and watch him in wonder.

I had an idea about what he was doing, but that didn't lessen my worries any.

"As you know, I went to school to learn about politics and all of that stuff that you find boring." He starts.

"Yeah." I confirm, still unsure about where exactly this was going.

"Well, I applied for a few positions and I heard back." He reveals with an easy grin.

"That's great!" I exclaim.

"But." He cuts off my excitement.

"But what?" I question.

"But... I have to move to Washington. I don't expect you to come since you have your own job and stuff going on..." He explains.

"You're moving? And leaving me?" I repeat softly, feeling a tightness in my throat.

"It's a great opportunity for me. Aren't you happy for me?" He replies.

"Of course I'm happy for you!" I defend myself. "I just wasn't... I don't know. I just wasn't really prepared for this news. Or you leaving me behind."

"We can still be friends. I just need to do this, it would help me get political experience so I can come back and take my father's place in the next election for governor." He clarifies.

"Okay..." I mumble and move to go back into the apartment.

What was I going to do? He was so serious. He didn't even crack a smile when he ended the conversation. How could this be real? I can't afford this place on my own. I don't have anywhere to go. Unless I move back in with my parents, but that's so embarrassing. I could ask Laina and Kellan if I could third wheel them for a while before I can get myself back on my feet.

I don't even remember my life on my own. I've been with Blake for six years... I don't know how to deal with being alone anymore.

I go to grab the handle of the glass door, but Blake's hand takes hold of my elbow. He releases me quickly and clears his throat and exhales his breath. I turn around to see what else he wanted to tell me, to crush my heart even more, but my own breath gets caught in my throat.

Blake was down on one knee with an apologetic smile on his face. In his hand was a small black box with a gorgeous ring on display.

"It was just a prank." He confesses with a nervous chuckle.

"You suck majorly, you dick." I pout.

"Louisa Gem Karrington, you are the love of my life. After everything we've been through with Ellie and the Thinning and my dad... I can't imagine having anybody else by my side. After El I didn't think I'd find a love as deep again, but then we got closer and I realized that what I had felt for her was child's play in comparison." He declares and stops to nervously rub the back of his neck.

"I am so in love with you. You are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen and I can't believe that you still put up with me. You are super kind, gracious, understanding and intelligent, I could go on forever about you. Of course you have flaws, like being way too nice. How did you not immediately hit me for pretending to do that to you?" He asks playfully.

I shake my head and bite my lip to conceal my full blown smile that threatened to take over my face.

"I'm just going to start rambling at this point so I'm going to stop while I'm ahead. Lou, will you marry me?" He ends.

I stare at him with an expressionless mask and then glare.

"After all that shit you put me through. Why do you think I didn't react? I don't care if you leave. I have boys lined up. So no, I won't." I reply with malice.

"W-what?" He mutters. His voice cracks as he breathes out the word and he looks break broken.

I decide to be nice and let my laughter pour out.

"It was just a prank, bro." I drawl with a teasing smirk.

"Oh my god, you are such an asshole!" He snaps with a relieved sigh.

I giggle in return and stick my left hand out.

"Well, go on then." I state.

"This answers how you deal with me. You're just as sadistic." He jokes.

He takes out the ring carefully and slips it onto my finger.

"It's beautiful." I observe once I can see it up close.

"Not as much as you." He compliments and stands up, pulling me into his arms.

"So you're not leaving right?" I ask with an accusing glance.

"No way, you're stuck with me." He reassures and kisses me on the forehead.

"I'm in love with you too, by the way, you jerk." I murmur against his chest.

"Did you know it was a prank?" He says breaking the silence.

"I had a hunch, but you really sold it. Had me really worried, to be honest." I voice.

"Well, to be honest, I believed that you didn't want to marry me." He admits.

"One stupid prank can't wreck what we have. The love runs way too deep." I announce with exaggeration and big arm movements.

"Yeah, you're right." He laughs. "Now let's get inside, it's cold out here."

"I told you!" I exclaim with a laugh of my own and run away from him and into the warm apartment.

***

"Lou! Come see this!" Blake shouts from the living room of our house.

I put Madison down in her crib and check on Alexis before exiting the nursery to find my husband who was watching our four year old daughter, Kaya.

I enter the room and find them both dancing and singing along to Zara Larsson's new album. Only the clean songs, obviously.

"Mommy, look!" Kaya exclaims with glee as she twirled in circles with Blake.

"C'mon, mama." Blake smiles and pulls me further into the room.

I shake my head and quickly join in the festivities of the night. I pick Kaya up and dance with her happily. Blake comes over and tickles her sides.

"Daddy, stop!" She shrieks in between her giggling.

He obeys and wraps his arms around us.

"My beautiful girls." He mumbles before kissing me softly.

"Ready for bed?" I ask the child who's eyes were fluttering as I held her.

She nods and cuddles into my chest even more. I chuckle and walk to her room with Blake on my heels. I bend down carefully and put her into her little pink bed.

"Goodnight, baby." I say as I pull her blankets up and tuck her in.

"Love you." She replies tiredly.

"I love you." I echo and go to the door to let Blake say goodnight.

He whispers into her ear and she laughs quietly. He pulls away and kisses her cheek before joining me. He turns off the light and places his hands on my back, guiding me out of the room.

"Let's check on the twins and then we can watch a movie or something." I suggest.

"Sounds like a plan." He approves.

We go to the next room and peek in. Madison and Alexis were both fast asleep in their cribs. I turn on the baby monitor and grab mine. I place it in my back pocket and close their door behind me.

"What movie?" Blake asks as I walk into our room.

He was on the bed surfing through Netflix.

I pull off my jeans and blouse and change into one of his t shirts, then jump onto the bed beside him.

He chuckles at my antics and places his free hand into my hair, brushing through it with his fingers.

"I don't care." I answer.

"Comedy or romance or thriller, give me something to work with." He teases.

"Romantic comedy." I narrow it down.

"I never would have guessed." He jokes lovingly. "How about Mannequin?"

"Sure, I love that movie." I state with a smile.

"I know you do." He assures with a shake of the head.

"I love you more though." I point out.

"I love you even more than that." He responds.

"The real question is do you love me more than you love being governor?" I inquire.

"Being governor more obviously." He sasses.

"I knew it!" I exclaim, playing along in another of our weird jokes.

"You know you love being a stay at home mom." He retorts.

"I was a great secretary." I defend myself.

"Mhmm, I'm sure that dentist misses you a lot." He bites out.

"Oh yeah, he was pretty hot." I quip.

"Stop." He hisses.

"You know I love teasing you about it." I laugh.

"He was an asshole of an old man." He states.

"But it paid well." I explain.

"But you still love being at home with the kids, right?" He asks.

"Oh for sure. That guy was nasty and I didn't really like working anyway. It's much easier being the mooch of a wife." I answer with a grin.

"I love having you as a mooch. I like your company and your humour isn't awful." He ponders.

"I'm hilarious." I agree.

"Whatever, you oddball. Let's watch your movie." He reminds me.

"I love this movie." I repeat.

"I still know."

***

A special thank you to @Foolsgirl0401 and @Taco_SourCream for the names of the twins!

So, this is the end of Surviving The Thinning!!

If you would like to, I have like three other stories that I'm writing right now as well as like ten other completed fanfictions if you want to check those out :)

Thank you all so much for reading and all that jazz!

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting and following!! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

794K 29.6K 105
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
3.6K 165 30
With their new series, Mark and Neo are becoming even bigger. Friends with benefits in the series, but in real life are they living up to the name of...
646K 32.5K 60
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
95.2K 1.4K 52
Athena moves in with the guys and realizes more about herself then she would've ever imagined. She knew she didn't fit in anywhere but with the guys...