SULTAN {Preview}

By AmirahJulde

#1 in Sultan, more times than I can count. "Promise me, promise me oh brother, that you will take care of Su... More

Introduction.
Keywords
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Author's Note
Chapter Three
CHAPTER FOUR
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
I'm back!!!
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Author's Note
Meant Not To Be #ProjectNigeriaUC2017
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four
Happy Birthday SULTAN
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
A Review
Chapter Thirty-two
Dear Momma!
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter Thirty-five
THE STORY OF US...
EPILOGUE TEASER!
EPILOGUE

Chapter Thirty-one

8.4K 1K 562
By AmirahJulde

From Jabir : The Prophet (SAW) cursed the receiver and the payer of interest, the one who records it and the two witnesses to the transaction and said: "They are all alike [in guilt]." (Muslim, Kitab al-Musaqat, Bab la'ni akili al-riba wa mu'kilihi; also in Tirmidhi and Musnad Ahmad)

From Abu Hurayrah : The Prophet (SAW) said: "God would be justified in not allowing four persons to enter paradise or to taste its blessings: he who drinks habitually, he who takes riba, he who usurps an orphan's property without right, and he who is undutiful to his parents." (Mustadrak al-Hakim, Kitab al-Buyu')

                         ~~~

"Here we go, I'm done" she patted my beards and turned to leave after wrapping my turban, which had become a daily routine. I encircled my arms around her waist and drew her back so that she landed on my laps.

"Where are you going to, stay here with me" I whispered into her ear which made her giggle.

It's been a month since we got married and Alhamdulillah, things have been moving on smoothly. We got to know each other more, our likes and dislikes. She was also a very supportive, respectful and understanding wife. She never complains whenever I was busy and got to spend only little time with her, she never complains about our private life being almost not private, she was also warming up to my family which were of course no strangers to her and she was impressively adjusting into the new marriage home, a royal one that is.

I enjoyed every moment spent with her, from reciting Quran together every morning, to horse riding, to our late evening stroll around the Palace and laying in each others arms in comfortable silence at night.

"You will be late for the Palace, in fact you're late already, let me see you off" she said and abruptly stood up after a while of sitting in silence.

"Why are you such a spoiler Shahla, can't a man spend time with his wife again?" I pleaded but to no avail, my wife was a no nonsense woman.

"Not when that man is a King and is already late for the Palace, now come on" I reluctantly got up and followed her to the sitting room leading outside and stopped just before I open the door.

"What's it?" she asked from behind me "Did you forget anyt..." she didn't get to finish what she was saying as I gently pulled her closer and was about to do what I loved doing best, when someone interrupted

"Ya Khairi, Ya Khairi where are... " she stopped in her track when she saw us in a compromising position, Khairi in my arms, and and... Her mouth form an O shape and then as if registering in the scene before her, she muttered an audhu billahi minalshaitanir rajim and quickly retreated into the house. It was Batuul.

I signed and turned back to continue with my business only to be met with a totally mortified Khairi who looked like she just wanted to disappear from where she was, I gave her a confused look while she in turn scowled and gently pushed her way out of my arms and stood at the far end of the sitting room.

I shook my head and opened the door to leave turning around to communicate to her with my eyes that she should wait for pay back time. She shrugged and stuck out her tongue and I knew that I just had to leave then, if at all I wanted to be in the Palace that day.

It wasn't fair that she denied me my morning kiss, okay the fifth that morning actually.

***
"Good morning Sarauniya" the new Jakadiya, who was also the former head of female servants greeted, interrupting Khairi's thoughts

"Morning Jakadiya, how are you today"

"I'm fine my lady, your breakfast is served"

"Okay, I will be there in a minute. Thank you."

"Is there any work I can do for you now?"

"No Jakadiya, that will be all for now"she smiled while the latter nodded with a smile also and left.

***
The few title holders that were present rose and greeted me when I entered the Palace, I sat down and motioned to them to do same. One of my dogarai ran up to me to pass an errand "Your highness, Mallam Hammanyero is here, should I usher him in? He asked

"Oh he's here already, let him in" few minutes later, the said Mallam walked in with a Salaam.

"Jam bandu na Allah reni good morning your highness"

"Jam wala ko dume I'm fine Alhamdulillah, Mallam Hammanyero, you are here already?"

"Yes your highness, I came with the boys"

"Bring them in then" he bowed in respect then went out and came back in lead with 33 boys behind, ranging from ages 14-16.

Few days ago on a Friday, I had attended their Quranic graduation which their Mallam invited me to. The boys were his almajirai, the types that were normally sent from various places to study, they sometimes beg in order to eat and even at now that some were graduated, they may not want to go back to their homes and means of survival then becomes another issue.

Through out the event, I kept pondering on the possible means of reducing the rate of almajiri boys begging on the street to the nearest minimum. Even when I came back home, Khairi observed that something was bordering me, when she asked, I told her and also my intentions but how I was clueless on what to do.

"Why don't you give these boys capital to start up a business, the graduands  I mean. So they can help themselves, and even assist their parents from what they earn, you know why some don't like going back home is because they feel that even though they have attained the knowledge, which is the most vital, they feel going back home empty handed is a big failure, hence they go far and wide looking for means to survive and to save also.

Some of these almajirai are brought by their parents at a very tender age, some of the parents visit, some don't, thence, some even forget their identity even if they want to go back home. So you see by giving them capital, you will go a long way in helping them stand on their feet, be responsible and have a sense of belonging which is the most important.

About reducing the rate of begging on the streets, you can set up a committee for funding these schools, you know providing them with their basic needs food, clothes and the likes. Then be monitoring them from time to time and promise to set up a business for them when they graduate, it will be of great help, not to talk of the multiple rewards you will get from Allah"

That day, I had given Khairi an intense look which I'm sure she couldn't read, in my mind I thanked Allah for bringing her into my life, because I prayed to Allah to give me a good woman, he gave me even more, he gave me a wise and brilliant one, all in form of one.

For lack of words of gratitude to use, I picked her up and twirled her around while making funny faces causing her to laugh till we both felt light headed and out of breath. Together, we sat down and strategized the type of business to set up for the boys. "May Allah reward you and grant you all your heart desires in this duniya and akhirahI prayed for her

Now back to the boys, they all greeted me and squatted in a half cycle. I had contacted Mallam Hammanyero their teacher and told him of my intentions, after telling Abba and members of my cabinet of course. The Mallam was so excited with the news and showered blessings on me, on the stipulated date which is today, I told him to come with the boys.

"Once again, congratulations on your Quranic graduation. This is the beginning of success in your life In Shaa Allah" I waited for them to answer then continued.

"I'm sure your Mallam must have told you your purpose of coming here today. I want us  to enter into a contractual agreement, a mudaraba business. I  will be the rabb-al-mal owner of property/money/capital while each of you will be my mudarib entrepreneur. I will give you each capital to venture into any business of your choices, but I will advise you to go into buying and selling.

However the business must be halal, you must not deal with haram commodities with my money, you are all learned, you know what I mean. Also take proper note of  riba interest. Riba is so much dreaded in Islam, it's prohibition has been mentioned severally in the Holy Quran and hadeeths of the Prophet Muhammad SAW. In a Hadeeth Abu Hurayrah narrated, The Prophet SAW was reported to have said: "Riba has seventy segments, the least serious being equivalent to a man committing adultery with his own mother." (Ibn Majah)

Subhanallah, we regard adultery to be one of the greatest sins on earth, but things we take for granted like putting interests in our businesses has great repercussions also, just see the provision of this hadeeth I just stated, it is divided into seventy segments, and the least...the least, Subhanallah" I shook my head

"May Allah guide us through in life. Just put that in mind. As we all know, in a mudaraba business, the profit percentage must be fixed, in our instance, I fix 50 50 percent, this means I will share whatever profit you make from the businesses with you equally. As it is also, I will bore all the losses that comes with it, but this doesn't mean you all should be reckless, because as you know, I will only be responsible for losses that occur within the normal course of the business.

All the people present here now are our witnesses" I concluded and asked them to come forward and handed each the money I intended to give them after promising to report back to me frequently, they thanked me earnestly and left.

I called back Mallam Hammanyero after they left, so they don't hear what I would tell him. "About my 50 percent share in the profit, I won't be needing that, I want it to be saved for each of them, it will help them when they come of age and want to get married. However I don't want you to tell them for now" I instructed

"Honestly your highness, I don't even know the words I will use to thank you again, just know that you are in our duas" the man held my leg and cried. After reassuring him that it was my duty to my people, I dismissed my cabinet members also as there was no much to do that day.

I noticed Sameer come in when I was talking to the boys, he sat by the far end of the room and after watching everyone leave, he moved deeper into the room to where I sat.

"I'm highly impressed your highness, Allah ya ja kwana *May you live long" he said and sat down on the floor, avoiding the hand I extended for a hand shake.

"Ameen Ameen Sameer, thank you, but why are you avoiding shaking hands with me, why do you suddenly address me with your highness, and why are you sitting on the floor?"

"Things have changed now your highness, we're no longer the normal friends we use to be before, you're now a King you know"

"It doesn't matter does it? Please don't make things awkward between us, there's no problem in shaking hands with me at least, and please sit on the chair" I didn't like it that he was making things seem so formal between us, Kingship or not, he's still my best friend.

"I still insist, I'm comfortable here on the floor. See I have more pressing issues at hand, let me tell you before I loss the confidence to do so"

Looking at him closely, I observed that he looked kind of tensed, like he has something to say of which he's not sure of  "Sameer really? Has it gotten to the point of you being unsure of telling me things? I'm hurt"

"It's not like that your highness, I'm sorry. Just that, what I want to say...i don't know how you will take it, because you are the easiest person I can get through, I want to like seek your advice, or permission or go ahead" he said, beads of sweat forming on his forehead

"Then tell me already, I'm getting tensed" I urged him but he just kept mute for a while before heaving

"I want to marry Batuul".....

                     ~~~

Jama'a, forget about Sameer and Sultan lemme gist you what I heard yesterday.

Some laws are so right they cannot be wrong, while some laws are so wrong they cannot be right...
😂😂😂

Don't mind me jare.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share...

Amiable😍😍😍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.6K 8.2K 26
we all know that sometimes a lie could get you in trouble sometimes but for faiza it got her in love....A Nigerian based novel Completed✅
119K 13.2K 32
COMPLETED English/Hausa For someone who has never had it easy in life, Labiba believed her world has finally come to an end when she was practically...
51.3K 3.6K 61
She has been in love with him for as long as she can remember. She was madly head over heels for him. When she was bound to him, things don't go as s...
30.5K 7.6K 41
It has always been Larai's dream to go to school and become someone prominent in future. She dreams of meeting her Prince charming. She desires true...