Not A Damsel in Distress

By WriterAnisha_2307

Previously titled as Arrogant's Smart Wife. ..... Abandoned on the next day of Marriage, Kavya is forced to l... More

Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Fourty
Chapter Fourty One
Chapter Fourty Two
Chapter Fourty Three
Chapter Fourty Four
Chapter Fourty Five
Chapter Fourty Six
Chapter Fourty Seven
Chapter Fourty Eight
Chapter Fourty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Part Sixty Five: Their Unconditional Love
Part 66: The Raichands'
Bonus Part 1: Honeymoon Preparation
Bonus Part 2: Honeymoon - 1
Bonus Part 3: Honeymoon - 2

Chapter Thirty Nine

31.4K 2.1K 426
By WriterAnisha_2307

Next Morning

Yash and Sonia's Room, Raichand Mansion, Delhi

Yash enters the room in hurry, holding his phone in his hand and searches for Sonia. He finds her sleeping on their bed and rushes to peel off the duvet from her body. 

He starts shaking her vigorously and orders, "Get up, Sonia, it's urgent."

Sonia wakes up and finds Yash towering over her with sweat beats on his forehead. She jumps to her feet in panic and forces him to sit on the bed before eyeing him from top to bottom. She wipes his sweat with the palm and holds his wrist to check the nerves to find them normal.

She bends to cup his face and asks with concern, "What happened Yash? Are you alright?"

Yash couldn't help, but smile to witness the care in her eyes. He recalls the time, when he had a heart attack and was hospitalised for a month. Since then Sonia has been worried even if he coughs or if his breathing pattern changes.

He grabs her hand and assures, "I am fine, Sonia. I just excited to show you something, that's why came running from the lawn."

Sonia withdraws her hand from his grip harshly and straightens up after analysing he is fine. She turns around to face the opposite side of the room and crosses her arms against her chest.

He chuckles, while thinking, 'Only women can be caring and angry at the same time.'

Yash stands to walk closer, while unlocking his phone and moving the same hand around his angry wife, so she can see the screen.

Sonia's eyes widen in surprise, finding a picture of Armaan and Kavya's dance from last night, Veer's party. Veer had shared the pictures on his social networking sites and tagged Armaan and Kavya in them, which Yash found, while surfing in his account.

He scrolls the screen for her to see all the other pictures, where Armaan is holding Kavya and halts at a video link to play.

Sonia watches the video and Yash instructs, "Look carefully at Armaan and Kavya, did you notice something?"

She comments in daze, still staring at the screen, "Unbelievable."

Yash chuckles and turns his wife around to state, "I told you, give them some time and see the magic. My method was horrible, but the results are exactly as I assumed."

Sonia still doesn't seem to believe and turns around to explain, "I can't be happy by seeing them dance in a party, Yash. They must be acting, so the people around them don't doubt their marital problems. Don't forget, everyone knows Kavya is businessman Ranveer Kapoor's daughter. She must have asked Armaan to act, so-"

Yash interrupts, "They can be genuinely coming closer, the dance doesn't seem fake to me, Sonia. Look at them."

 She watches the video again and states doubtfully, "I need to call Mary to know everything before making an assumption. I am surprised, how did this happen?"

Dining Room, Kapoor Mansion, Delhi

Myra murmur to herself, "How did this happen?"

Myra, Ranveer and Nimrit are staring at Ranveer's laptop where the dance video of Kavya and Armaan is playing from last night, Veer's party.

Ranveer and Nimrit smile, witnessing the couple happy and enjoying, whereas Myra is stunned to observe the closeness between them. She can read Kavya's feelings on her face, during the dance and even notices the way Armaan is staring and holding her close to him.

Ranveer asks Nimrit with a smile, "Now tell me, Nimrit, are you still worried for your daughter's marriage?"

Nimrit replies with a grin, "Not at all, they seem so happy, Ranveer. I wish, they stay happy forever."

Ranveer's smile widen at her words and he turns to face Myra. His smile drops and he frowns, noticing her facial expression. He expected her to be happy for her sister, but she seems worried.

Ranveer places his hand over Myra's shoulder, grabbing her attention and asks with doubt, "Aren't you happy for your sister?"

Myra panics and lowers her gaze, composing herself to not allow Ranveer to know what she is thinking.

She faces her father with a forced smile and states, "Of course, I am happy Papa. Actually I remembered, I have to leave for college early. I have to submit an assignment today. Bye."

Myra gathers her stuffs in hurry to leave, before her father understands her state of mind. She grabs an apple and plants a kiss on her parent's cheek, before rushing out.

But Ranveer senses the lie in her daughter's eyes and thinks, 'Why did she lie to me? My daughter never lies to me.'

He continues to think of possible reasons, whereas Nimrit stays busy watching the video of her daughter dancing with her husband, over and over again.

Armaan's Cabin, RGC Office, Mumbai

Armaan is sitting in his office, watching the laptop screen, which has his and Kavya's photos and video on display. He leans back in his chair, shifting his gaze at the ceiling and recalling Kavya's words from last night, after they reached home.

FLASHBACK

The moment, Kavya demanded to leave the party, she neither talked nor faced him. The journey from the party venue to Armaan's Mansion passed in painful silence and when his car halted at the entrance, Kavya rushed towards her room, leaving a worried Armaan behind.

Instead of going behind to talk with her, he choose to call Mary and ask her to talk with her. By now, he had realised Kavya is comfortable in sharing her thoughts and feelings with Mary. So he stayed outside her room and asked Mary to enter.

Kavya's Room

Mary enters and finds Kavya on the bed, wearing her nightwear. She is laying on her left side, curled in a ball with a duvet is pulled till her shoulders. The fabric is clenched in her fists as silent tears keep shedding from her eyes.

Mary's eyes widen, seeing her state and she rushes to sit on the bed besides Kavya, making her back face the wall. Kavya glances at Mary with teary eyes, when she places her hand on Kavya's head to caress it.

Mary asks with concern, "Why are you crying dear? Did something happen in the party?"

Armaan clenches the knob of the door from outside, hearing Mary's words as guilt engulfs his senses for making Kavya cry again.

Whereas Kavya moves closer to shift her head from the pillow to Mary's lap. She held Mary's hand with her both hands, leaving the duvet and inhales deeply to control her sobs.

Kavya stammers in a brittle voice, "Mary, if...if he....he can...do it once....then he.....he can do ag....again."

Armaan closes his eyes, sensing the pain in her voice and understanding the meaning of her words.

Mary strokes Kavya's back, inside the room and assures, "No dear, he won't hurt you again."

Kavya shakes her head, while shedding tears and mumbles in-between her sobs, "He...he used me...tricked me Mary."

She sits up, facing Mary and continues in a brittle voice, "He...he confessed Mary....he lied and did false acts to....to trick you....everything was fake....so now...now again he can lie to me.....his apo....apology can.....can be fake....right?"

Armaan opens his eyes, remembering his confession from that dreadful night-

"With the help of few lies and false acts, I tricked you. Everything I said or did, was fake, just to convince you for this marriage...I am not like how I showed you. I am completely opposite."

The familiar discomforting feeling triggers in his senses, realising how he himself has broken her trust. He loosens his tie and takes deep breath to ease the growing stiffness in his chest. Though he miserably fail and controls the urge to enter the room to hug her, knowing he is the last person, she needs to see now. 

While Mary's eye moistens with tears and she cups Kavya's face, while consoling, "No dear, what happened earlier will never happen again. I admit, Armaan was wrong, but he has realised his mistake, he won't repeat it."

Kavya removes Mary's hand from her face and argues in pain, "He will, Mary....if he....he can do once....then he....."

Painful sobs echo in the silent room as the memories of the time they spent together before marriage clouds her senses, where she believed and trusted his each word and act. 

Mary pulls Kavya in a motherly hug and strokes her back to calm her before explaining, "Kavya, dear trust me, I know Armaan since childhood, he won't hurt you again. He has realised his mistake and he is guilty."

Kavya confesses with shaky voice, "I...I am scared...he...he will again leave me....he will again hurt me."

Armaan's eyes moistens, feeling her pain and he clenches his fists to control the growing urge to enter the room and assure Kavya, he will never hurt her again.

Whereas Mary strokes Kavya's back and explains, "Why will he hurt you now, Kavya, he got what he wanted and you are not bothering him for anything. Then what will he even achieve by hurting you again?"

Kavya doesn't utter a word and cries silently, as Mary keeps stroking her hair to calm her.

Mary explains again, after wiping Kavya's tears, "Dear, stop crying, Armaan is not going to hurt you again. He has realised his mistake and is guilty for his deeds. So, he is apologising and trying to make you happy."

Kavya shakes her head and murmurs painfully in-between her sobs, "I...I don't need his apology...I don't...don't need anything from him....tell him to leave me alone."

PRESENT TIME

A lone tear escapes from Armaan's eye, remembering Kavya's painful words and closes his eyes, inhaling deeply.

He thinks, 'What have I done? She is so scared of me.'

Armaan feels a delicate touch near his left eye and open his eyes to find Rihan, standing in front of him and holding the tear in his index finger.

Rihan states with surprise, "This is the first time, I have seen your tear."

Armaan straightens up, wiping the corner of his eye and stands to move towards the floor length glass window. The feeling of discomfort and uneasiness from last night still bothering him as he realises the amount of damage he has caused.

Rihan demands, "Tell me, what is the matter?"

He confesses, "She is scared of me and it is entirely my fault, Rihan....if anyone is to be blamed then it's me....just me....not even Dad is at fault."

Rihan raises his eyebrows in amusement and Armaan continues, "Dad didn't forced me, I allowed him to force me to trick Kavya. He didn't close all the routes to escape, I failed to find an escape and obeyed him, I was selfish to think only of my benefits, I-"

Armaan clenches his fist and confesses painfully, "I shouldn't have ignored her feelings, when she hugged me for the first time. I should have confessed the truth, right there and....and she could have been happy today. But no....all I thought was of RGC and myself."

Armaan turns to face Rihan and informs, "You know, Kavya was right, what could have Dad done, if I denied to marry her? Take away the rights, throw me out of the office.....but for how long? One day, he has to retire and no one, other than me can handle this company."

Armaan chuckles bitterly and confesses, "And how can I forget, Doctors have restricted him to travel and take stress, so he needs me whether he likes it or not. But I....I was a fool to ignore these facts and agreed to hurt Kavya....and I was a jerk to leave her alone after confessing and breaking her heart."

He walks closer and held Rihan's shoulder in a tight grip, who is silently observing the rush of emotions in the arrogant's eyes.

Armaan informs, "You know what Mary told me this morning, Kavya was waiting to give me a chance on the next night. That change for which I am dying now. But what I did? I left without even sparing her a glance and she was waiting for me....for hours."

He leaves Rihan's shoulder and confesses painfully, "Today I didn't even had the courage to join her for breakfast. I have caused every misery, she is experiencing, I feel...I feel the urge to kill myself."

Rihan observes the pain, guilt and helplessness in his eyes. Though one fact, still made him angry on Armaan.

He asks, "So you accept, you could have changed the situation, if you had used your brains at the right time?"

Armaan nods and Rihan decides to ask something for which he has waited for too long. He steps closer and stares in Armaan's eyes with no emotions.

He demands in a flat tone, "Where is your engagement ring?"

Armaan frowns in confusion and Rihan raises his eyebrows, demanding the same wordlessly​.

So, Armaan moves his hand ahead, without taking his eyes off Rihan's face, who lowers his gaze and smirks. He taking a hold of Armaan's same hand and lifts it to show him.

Rihan informs, "Your ring finger is empty, Mr. Armaan Yash Raichand."

Armaan glances at his hand and frowns, finding only his blue sapphire platinum ring in his index finger. He touches the empty ring finger and his heart skips a beat.

Rihan questions in a flat tone, "Do you remember, when you removed it?"

Armaan stares at him and starts thinking, only to fail in remembering the same.

Rihan questions again, "Do you remember, when you last saw it?"

Armaan lowers his gaze, thinking again and fails. He stares at Rihan and panics internally, before confessing, "I don't remember anything."

Rihan glares at him and demands, "Do you even remember, how that engagement ring looks?"

Armaan feels irritated with his constant questions and yells, "Of course, I remember. It was a platinum band with a big diamond in the middle and-"

Rihan asks, "And what?

Armaan's anger subsides, remembering the engagement night, when he saw the ring carefully and the discomforting feeling engulfs his senses again, making him take a deep breath.

He shares, while staring at the floor in trance, "My and Kavya's​ names were carved inside the ring with....with a heart in the middle."

Kavya's happy face from the engagement night flashes in front of his eyes, increasing the discomforting feeling. He clenches his fist, as a sudden realisation drowns his senses.

Armaan speaks in a trance, "From the time I had confessed the truth, Kavya hardly smiles, she isn't as happy as she was earlier."

Rihan smirks at his words as Armaan suddenly starts looking around in hope to find the ring. He moves towards his chair and shifts it aside to search on the floor. Not finding there, he searches in the drawers and shuffles the things placed on the table.

Rihan leans against the window casually and watches Armaan struggling to find the ring, which he doesn't even know, when and where he removed.

After searching everywhere, Armaan halts, breathing heavily and thinks where he removed the ring, only to fail in recalling his memory. He glances around and finds Rihan standing calmly, instead of helping him.

He yells, "Why are you just standing there like a statue? Find the ring."

Rihan asks, ignoring his order, "Are you sure, you had the ring in the morning, when you entered the office?"

Armaan frowns, trying to remember and states with uncertainty, "I don't know, maybe I had or....it can be at home."

Rihan taunts, "Wow! You don't even remember where you removed your engagement ring. The only thing, Kavya gave you, which is a symbol of your and her relationship."

Armaan lowers his gaze, feeling guilty for forgetting about the ring. Though he recollects Kavya's eyes, when she asked him to check inside of the ring.

The discomforting feeling increases as he realises how he ignored the spark of emotions in her eyes, when she had slide the ring in his finger on the engagement night.

Armaan takes a deep breath to ease the pain developing in his chest, as Kavya's happy face continuously flashes in front of his eyes from the engagement night.

Analysing his guilt, Rihan removes a black velvet pouch from his pant pocket and fishes out the engagement ring from it. He walks closer and raises the ring to Armaan's eye level, drawing his attention.

He informs, "You removed this ring, when you came to Mumbai after the engagement."

Armaan's eyes widen in shock with the information and he moves his hand slowly to grab the ring, but Rihan pulls his hand back and hides the ring in his fist.

Armaan frowns at his action and orders, "What are you doing? Give me the ring."

Rihan glared at him and shouts, "Give you the ring? You think you deserve it after carelessly removing and tossing it on the table?"

Armaan stares at him, as Rihan walks towards the right side of the desk and points at the corner.

Rihan informs in a harsh tone, "Here....here you had removed and tossed the ring exactly after 5 days of the engagement."

He points his index finger at Armaan and accuses, "You didn't even wear it for a week."

Armaan lowers his gaze with guilt clouding his senses and Rihan continues, "And when you were working, it fell on the floor."

Rihan points at the floor and Armaan stares at the spot with increasing guilt and pain.

He yells, "I waited for 3 damn hours, thinking you will realise now....you will remember about the ring now.....but no....you just stood up and went for your meeting."

Rihan walks towards Armaan, who was silently processing the information in his mind and finally remembers that day. 

He held Armaan's collar and speak through gritted teeth, "I took the ring, which you had tossed like garbage and walked away. Since 2 months, I am carrying this ring with me everywhere, with a hope that one day, you will remember and search for it. But no you still didn't remember."

Armaan lowers his gaze in guilt and Rihan pulls his collar to make their gaze meet, then continues, "And you expect me to give it back? Armaan, you might be genuinely guilty and attempting to fix the damage, but you didn't remember about this ring for once. So, you still don't deserve to wear it again and the ring will stay with me, until you earn it back."

Rihan leaves his collar and states, "I know my place as an employee, but I don't care about your anger or any damn consequences. After taking a bullet, I am no longer scared of anything. So, do what you want, but I won't give it back."

Rihan turns around and leaves the cabin, taking the ring with him. Whereas Armaan stays rooted at his spot, drown in guilt. He neither had to courage to stop Rihan, nor utter a word to argue, as he knew he doesn't deserve to have the ring.

He blames himself for not remembering the ring from two months, which Kavya has specially ordered for him and had her emotions attached. He feels guiltier, as he realises his failure to understand and respect her feelings.

Armaan apologises, "I am sorry, Kavya."

************

That's all for now.....will update next part as soon as possible.....hope you liked this part, do give your reviews...till then Keep Smiling and Take Care

My contact details:

Wattpad Profile - @WriterAnisha_2307
Email- sweetyanisha2307@gmail.com
Hangout- sweetyanisha2307@gmail.com
Facebook - Anisha (Link - https://www.facebook.com/worldofanisha)
Twitter - worldofanisha
Instagram- Anisha_23_07

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.9K 761 42
Studies, done! Career, set! Now the next big thing in Meera's life is Marriage. And she has decided what type of groom she wants. Cute? Caring? Lo...
956K 41.8K 60
Standalone Previously known as Emotionally Unavailable Some stories begin after marriage, intertwining two souls that complete one another. Adhiraj...
7.3K 956 19
**Keshavi Mishra × Arjun Sharma** Keshavi who is suffering from her insecurities and have trust issues towards men because of some...
1.1M 30.2K 41
A story of an Indian girl, a pure and innocent soul, one who finds her happiness in other people's smiles. One who is selfless but fierce. One who lo...