Hero » l.p. au

By funkystyles

[✓] ∥ It all happened in a split second. One moment I was on his back, and the next one I was lying on the gr... More

Hero (Liam Payne)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Epilogue

Chapter 19

70.3K 2.5K 902
By funkystyles

I sighed as I crawled in the backseat of Liam's car, scooting over to the right so he'd have enough space to sit as well. I looked at my watch, and as soon as I read 2:35, I didn't know what I wanted to do more; sleep, or cry. But given the current situation, I was more likely going to cry.

"So..." He started after a short silence, picking at the material of the seat. "Who did you call?"

I pressed my lips together before answering, "Briana, and... if my parents call, she's gonna tell them that I spent the night at her house because I was too drunk to go home."

Liam huffed at my lie, "They're gonna hate me now."

"Well what do you suggest, should I have called them and told them we're in the middle of nowhere because you can't drive a car, even when you're sober?"

I looked at him, just in time to see him lower his head and look at his legs. I hated being mean to him, especially when my bitterness was the thing we needed least, but I just couldn't hold it in. This is definitely the most pissed I ever was at him, and I was shocked at how well I was controlling it so far.

"Anyway," I sighed, deciding to save my anger for when he manages to anger me even more, "Who did you call?"

"My dad's best friend, who's a mechanic," He said, looking at his reflection in the window.

"What did he tell you to do?"

"Let the engine cool down, which isn't that hard," He mumbled, referring to the low temperature. "He promised he wouldn't call my dad, and I told him what highway we're on, and the registration plate of the car. He told me he'd be here as early as he can."

"How early is that?"

"Six, maybe six-thirty in the morning."

I closed my eyes at the information; there was officially absolutely no way we could get home tonight. "Won't your parents be worried that you're not home?"

"I'll tell them I was in my flat, that's my smallest problem."

I nodded and pulled my legs up on the seat, hugging my knees to my chest. It was cold in the car, and I was starting to feel it too. "Could you turn on the heating?"

"No, I'd have to turn the engine on, so unless you wanna die in an explosion..."

Never have I tried to not hit someone so hard in my life. "We're gonna freeze to death here," I mumbled against my knees, rocking myself back and forth in an attempt to warm myself up. What a lame attempt.

"Um..." Liam looked around, and I knew that he was looking for something to cover us up with, but we didn't bring anything. We bought ourselves food and drinks at the festival, and sat on benches the entire time. "Come here."

I looked up at him, to see him shifting closer to me, and put his arm around me. If I wasn't near to shaking I would have pushed him away, but now I leaned into him, pressing my ice cube of a nose against the crook of his neck. His hand was on the back of my head, his lips leaving lazy kisses along my forehead. I put my hand on his thigh, pulling myself closer to him, but the heat that was radiating off his body wasn't getting to me quickly enough.

"You good now?" Even though I was still close to shaking, I nodded at his question. Liam placed his other hand over mine, and almost hissed at how cold it was. "Jesus, you're freezing."

"Yeah," I said, my tone rather sarcastic, and snuggled further into him. I'm surely gonna get warmer like this, eventually.

"No," Liam surprised me as he shook his head. "Um... this might help."

He sat away from me and I was about to protest, but then he surprised me a little as he brought his face an inch away from mine. I subconsciously leaned back, my heart starting to beat at a faster pace, and he stopped to look at me. When I stayed frozen in my spot, he took it as a green light and leaned in the rest of the way, hesitantly pressing his lips against mine.

His lips were cold and dry, but I would never pass a chance to kiss him. Liam's arms went around my frame as I slowly kissed him back, and now I was feeling warmer for sure. However, I started tapping his shoulder and lightly pushing him away, as he started pushing me down on the seat and hovering over me.

"What's wrong?" He almost breathed out as he finally pulled away, making me see how much he was into our make-out session.

"I'm... I'm scared," I breathed out as well, but for a whole different reason. I was against staying in the car as soon as he suggested it, but we didn't have a choice. I had images of it exploding since we crashed.

"But... I think it's alright now," Liam looked around, his body still above mine. "I pushed the car away from the pole. The engine's off and there's no steam coming off from it... I think we're okay."

"You thinking that it's okay isn't enough." I said as I crawled from underneath him and leaned against the window on the right, and let out a shaky sigh. There was no worse combination than being cold, tired and scared all at once. Good thing I wasn't hungry too.

I looked at Liam after avoiding his eyes for a few seconds, to see him staring at me. I was glad that he didn't look angry or anything; he rather looked like he was thinking about something.

"Well," He sighed as he sat up, "We can't spend the night here if you're scared. Come on."

"What?" I frowned, "What are you doing?" I asked as he picked up his keys and put his beanie back on.

"I passed a motel, about a mile from here. If we hurry, you can get three hours of sleep."

"A motel?" It wasn't a bad thought in fact, I was just a little shocked. He could have mentioned it earlier, if nothing. I could have been in a crappy room that's warm, instead of his ruined car where the temperature was surely below zero.

"Alright," I mumbled and stumbled out of the car behind him, wrapping my arms around myself as the wind blew. Liam made sure to lock the door on both sides, before we started walking back to where we came from.

"I'm sorry," He said for the fiftieth time since we walked out of the car when he crashed it. I shook my head, a little sick of him repeating that.

"It's okay, it's not like you wanted to kill us."

Liam looked down, and I knew it was because of how I made it sound. I bit back a smile at how embarrassed he was, and took his hand in mine. That turned out to be a good decision; miraculously, his hand was warm.

"I'm serious," I said loudly, to get his attention, "It's okay. As long as we have somewhere to sleep and get to school in the morning, I'm fine."

He grinned at me, and pulled his hand out of mine - which I wasn't very glad about - and put his arm around me. "You know, any other girl would want to kill me right now."

"Oh, don't get me wrong," I shook my head, "I still definitely want to kill you."

*******

"Okay," I said slowly as I pointed in front of myself, "I am not having a shower in that."

With a grimace, I slowly walked out of the bathroom and looked around the small, double-bedded room. The only thing I liked about it, was that the temperature was 20 or so degrees Celsius.

"Suit yourself," Liam sighed as he pulled his jeans off, the way he was so comfortable doing that with me there, surprising me a little. "I smell like gas."

I shrugged at his reason; it was understandable. I'd had a shower in the morning, so I didn't even need one. Except that I maybe smelled like gas as well. I shrugged at the thought again, it wouldn't be my first time going to school and not smelling great.

Liam walked to the bathroom, wearing only his boxers, and I couldn't help but watch him as he did. It was weird how I've never imagined him shirtless before that, when I actually got to see him without a shirt on. Mostly because there wasn't a guy that I'd kissed before, that I haven't imagined shirtless.

I shook my head to get rid of the weird thoughts, and started taking my clothes off too, more than ready to go to bed. I didn't even bother folding them before I threw them on one of the chairs. Since I didn't bring my toothbrush with me - thinking I wouldn't need it, I took a few breath mints instead.

Just as I was about to crawl into bed and fall asleep the same instant, I spotted Liam's shirt lying on the floor; after contemplating for a couple seconds, I quickly picked it up and brought it to my nose. It was probably the only piece of clothing that didn't smell like gas, out of everything he was wearing. It actually smelt like the deodorant he always wore.

I heard the water stop in the other room; I hadn't even realized how much time I took to undress myself and practically sniff his shirt, so I quickly pulled it over my head and slipped under my covers. Liam walked out of the bathroom about a minute later, when I was already half asleep. I could tell he turned the lights off, and now I could really fall asleep. At last.

"What the..." About five minutes later I felt cold air hit my legs, and almost screamed when I felt another pair against mine, before I realized it was Liam. Of course he'd want to sleep in the same bed as me.

"...Fuck are you doing?" I finished my sentence as I looked over my shoulder, though I couldn't really see anything. Just when I'd fallen asleep, just when I'd fallen asleep.

"I couldn't sleep." Of course you couldn't sleep. "So I thought you could help me there."

"You're unbelievable," I mumbled.

"What, why?" He asked, fake upset, "That's the least you could do for me, since you took my shirt."

It's a good thing that the lights were off, otherwise he would surely see me blushing. "No, I took your shirt because you almost got us killed."

I felt his hand grip my hip, "You're never going to let that go, are you?"

"I am, but it's still funny."

Liam sighed and brought his arm around my waist, his chin on my shoulder. I knew he didn't want to sleep - obviously, but I tried sleeping in spite of that.

"You know..." Why did I think if be able to do that with him lying behind me? "I'm moving into my apartment next week, so... if you ever get tired of your room or your parents, you can always come and spend the night with me."

I smiled at his offer, but somehow I knew there was more to it. "Briana and I are moving into our apartment a little bit after New Year's, but thanks anyway."

"Really?" I nodded, knowing he could feel me nodding. "Okay then. But just in case you get tired of her too, or you don't like the apartment..."

He trailed off as I started laughing, but we both knew what he'd meant by that. And it brought a genuine smile on my face. "Well, that's not likely to happen, but thank you."

Silence. I took that as a sign that our conversation has ended, and that we can both go to sleep now.

"Hey..." I have no idea why I'd expected him to let me. "Are you warm now?"

I rubbed my legs against one another, "Not really."

"Are you scared?"

I opened my eyes for a second, a little confused that he'd asked that. "No?"

"Good," He said, and pressed his body further against mine, "Could we continue where we left off in the car?"

He almost had me laughing at that. "Are you serious? Can't you see I'm trying to sleep?"

"I know," He mumbled. "But babe, I don't know for how long I'm gonna be able to just lie here."

"Then go sleep in your own bed," I frowned as I kicked his legs away, "I don't even know why you came here."

"Look, we don't even have to have sex." He paused as he thought about what to say next. "There's also dry humping."

"Absolutely not," I exclaimed, almost before he could finish his suggestion.

"Okay," He said slowly, "Um... maybe a blowjob then?"

I couldn't believe that we were having a chill conversation about it. "Liam?"

"Yeah?"

"No."

He sighed in frustration, his hand reaching under his shirt that I was wearing. "How 'bout a handjob then? That's not even-"

"No!" I nearly shouted as I kicked him away from me again, and this time he sighed again and lied flat on his back, probably staring at the ceiling, or me. I just found it astonishing that he would just ask me something like that.

"I can't believe I'm in bed with a girl and I'm getting nothing."

I smirked to myself, knowing he couldn't see me, and shifted further away from him. "If you want to get something, go search for another girl." I actually felt a bit sick at the thought of Liam with another girl; but that didn't mean I would give myself up to him anyway.

"I don't want anything from another girl." I could almost see the frown on his face as he said that, and it made me smile.

"So it's just my pants that you want to get into?"

"Yeah." I loved how honest he actually sounded.

"You're just saying that to make me feel good."

"Baby," Liam said through a dark chuckle, and I felt his arm around my waist again. "If I wanted to make you feel good, I wouldn't be talking."

"Liam!"

"What?" He asked, sounding genuinely confused at how his name sounded coming off my lips. "Unless you're into that kind of stuff."

"What kind of stuff?" I regretted asking that question as soon as the words came out of my mouth.

"Dirty talking, but I reckon I'll have to be doing something else too in order to really get into it."

I didn't need to ask what 'something else' could be. "Go to sleep, you perverted idiot."

"I can't fucking sleep," He whined, hiding his face in the crook of my neck for a second before rolling onto his back again, "I had two energy drinks at the festival, I'm feeling tortured just lying here."

"Then go do something." I frowned at how that sounded, "I want to sleep."

There was silence for another minute, and I dared myself to think he was finally going to let me have some peace. But as I knew in the back of my mind, that wasn't going to happen.

"Hey, let's play twenty questions." And I was right.

I sighed, giving up on a good night's sleep. "Alright."

"Really?"

"Yes, now are you going to start or am I going to have to punch you first?"

"Okay, okay." I felt the bed move slightly, he'd probably sat up. "Uh, well are you going to turn around so I can see your face?"

"You wouldn't be able to see my face anyway, it's dark," I whined, and he could tell I was getting tired of his procrastinating.

"Okay then." He cleared his throat, "Um... when's your birthday?"

"July 5th."

"What year?"

"1994."

"Ha," I could almost hear the smug smile on his face, "I'm older than you."

"When were your born?" I frowned a little.

"August 29th, 1993."

I opened my eyes and blinked a few times at nothing at all, "You're twenty."

"Yeah?"

I sounded a little dumb, telling him how old he is. "Nothing, I just thought you're a teenager." I wanted to ask him why is he 20 and in his first year of university, but I let it go.

"Well, that's a compliment," He mumbled, "Okay, my turn again."

"What?" I nearly sat up, "Why's it your turn?"

"'Cause you asked me when I was born."

I rolled my eyes and punched my pillow so I'd be more comfortable. "Alright, but if you're gonna ask me something like what's my favorite color, I suggest you don't talk."

"Okay," Liam said after a minute, sounding a little confused. "Well then... how old were you when you lost your virginity?"

My eyes immediately flew open, and I felt my heart skip a beat before it started racing, probably the fastest it had in a while. "U-um..."

"Don't tell me you're a virgin," He chuckled, but I almost couldn't hear him. As if Briana reminding me of the summer of 2010 wasn't enough, now his question reminded me of it too.

"No," I shook my head, "I just... you caught me off guard." I wanted to hide my anxiousness as well as I could. The fact that the light was off was doing me a big favor now.

"Would it help if I told you about me?" Liam asked, and continued before I could say anything, "'Cause I was 17. We went on a holiday in Greece and yeah, it was with a girl from Greece."

Him giving me this information didn't help at all; I was still clutching the duvet like my life depended on it, and staring right in front of myself even though I couldn't see anything, thinking whether or not I should lie to him.

"Sally?"

"Yeah, um, sorry. I was..." I gulped, "I was fifteen." I decided against lying.

"Are you serious?" He asked after a minute of silence, and I closed my eyes at his words. "Wow, you're better than me."

I hated how he was laughing at what I'd told him and making jokes about it, but I couldn't tell him how and why. Not yet.

"Liam?"

"Yeah?"

"Can we go to sleep? Please?"

"Um..." I'd obviously caught him off guard as well, "But you didn't-"

"Please." I turned around and felt the spot next to me in an attempt to find Liam, and as soon as I did I draped my arm across his torso and pulled myself closer to him. I knew he didn't want to sleep, so I was surprised when he pulled himself down in the bed and let me lie on his chest. He knew something was up, but I couldn't care less in the moment.

"You're... you're not going to let me ask any questions about it, are you?" He asked calmly and quietly, as he fondled my hair. Yep, he definitely knew I was hiding something, and there was no turning back now.

I shifted to find a more comfortable position, and ended up tangling my legs with his. He moved my hair out of my face and his hand remained on my shoulder blade; he didn't seem angry or anything about the fact that I was clearly hiding something for him, but his happy mood has gone down drastically.

"No." I finally answered his question.

*******

~A/N~

How about a 1000 votes and 100 comments before the next chapter, or for an early update? :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

247K 6.9K 28
"Please just let me stay here. I have nowhere to go." I beg him standing at his doorstep. "Why would I?" He snaps. I feel so small,so lonely and cold...
12.1K 449 31
“What the hell are you doing?” I spat at Zayn. He just pulled away from her to look at me. “Get your hands away from my sister.” “Harry I’m so so...
39.9K 1.2K 43
This is my story... I'm Kira and I'm 17 years old. I am just a girl from the US who moved to England in search for adventure, little did I know I wou...
1.9K 308 25
"Well, I never thought pushing some random people off the road would turn out to be one direction.", Miley stated. We finished the song staring into...