Man in the Mirror || irwin (D...

By desmadres

She found something, or rather someone, she never expected to find in her new room. More

man in the mirror
prologue
[ part one ]
[ 2 ] 2013
[ 3 ] 1960
[ 4 ] 2013
[ 5 ] 2013
[ 6 ] 2013
[ 7 ] 2013
[ 8 ] 2013
[ 9 ] 1960
[ 10 ] 2013
[ 11 ] 2013
[ 12 ] 2013
[ 13 ] 2013
[ 14 ] 2013
[ 15 ] 2013
[ 16 ] 2013
[ 17 ] 2013
[ 18 ] 2013
[ part two ]
[ 19 ] 2013
[ 20 ] 2013
[ 21 ] 2013
[ 22 ] 2013
[ 23 ] 2013
[ 24 ] 2013
[ 25 ] 1960
[ 26 ] 1960
[ 27 ] 2013
[ 28 ] 2013
[ 29 ] 2013
[ contest ]
[ 30 ] 2013
[ 31 ] 2013
[ 32 ] 2013
[ 33 ] 2013
[ winners ]
[ 34 ] 2013
[ 35 ] 2013
[ 36 ] 2013
[ part three ]
[ 37 ] 2013
[ 38 ] 2013
[ 39 ] 1961
[ 40 ] 2013
[ 41 ] 2013
[ 42 ] 2013
[ 43 ] 2013
[ 44 ] 2013
[ 45 ] 2013
[ 46 ] 1962
[ 47 ] 2013
[ 48 ] 2013
[ 49 ] 2013
[ 50 ] 2013
[ 51 ] 2013
[ 52 ] 2013
sequel
MITM Series

[ 1 ] 2013

64K 1.9K 673
By desmadres

[ 1 ] 2013

"Harley, I really hope you like your new room. Its got a beautiful balcony with glass doors and a large closet for all your clothes and its much bigger than your room at our old house...Harley! Harley Lizbeth Quinn I'm talking to you!"

Pulling the ear buds out of her ears and turning down the music on her phone, she finally paid attention to her mother who was in the front passenger seat babbling on about how great their new house was, while quite honestly, Harley could care less. She never wanted to leave Perth, it was the place she was born and where she grew up. But her father, Aaron Quinn, had gotten transferred to the agency's main offices in Sydney and the family had to move there to be with him. Her mother, Harleen Quinn, was a typical housewife with a happy-go-lucky attitude who always wore a smile on her face.

Her attitude was the exact opposite of her daughter Harley.

Harley rolled her eyes in annoyance, "Yes, Harleen." She often called her mother by her first name to annoy her. "I'm sure I'll like it."

She just wanted to get back to listening to music. In fact, she wanted to get back on the plane and return to Perth with her friends. In truth, she only had one real friend, but that was enough for her. 

"You know you're not supposed to call me Harleen. I am 'mum' to you. Or 'mumsy'." Mrs. Harleen Quinn scolded her rebellious sixteen year old daughter. Then she almost instantly continued going on about the new house with her ever same positive attitude. "And we'll actually have a large backyard for Billy to practice his football skills." Her mother added with excitement.

Billy scoffed in amusement, "You actually think Harley is gonna be happy about something? There will be a cold day in Hell before that girl smiles."

"Ugh, shut up, Billy." Harley punched her brother's shoulder harshly, making him wince in pain.

Billy Quinn was Harley's older brother, who was only older than her by eleven months and was in the same grade level as her at school, since they had been born in the same year. Billy was born in January 1996 and Harley was a Christmas baby, born in December 1996. Billy was like both their parents, always happy, always smiling, the perfect people in town with their blonde hair, blue eyes, and perfect smiles. Which was why Harley never felt like she fit in with her own family: the Quinns. Harley was blonde, but she hated being blonde, which was the reason she had dyed her hair an electric blue color. She had the same shade of blue eyes as her mother, but there wasn't much she could do about that. And she was definitely not always smiling, positive, and happy. It wasn't that she was miserable either. She just didn't see life through pink lenses like her family did.

As they drove down their new neighborhood towards their new house, Harley looked out the window at the scenery before her. A normal urban neighborhood with upper middle class houses, more leaning on being the rich side of town.

She wasn't impressed in the slightest.

To her, it looked like any other neighborhood in Sydney. Only there were a bunch of rich and snobby people everywhere.

The people all looked educated and picturesque, like something one would find on a picture of everyday life. There were pretty women out for a jog with bodies that seemed all but natural, couples walking their expensive breed of a dog down the street, and children playing together in the front yards of other houses.

Harley felt sick seeing them all so happy.

She always kept to herself and stayed at home rather than spending her time out of school going out with friends or at some sort of sports practice like her brother Billy did.

Her dad stopped their white Dodge Caravan in the driveway of their new home and shut off the engine. Not wanting to hear her mother doting on the new house a minute longer, Harley opened the side door and stepped out of the vehicle as quickly as she could manage.

Carrying two of her bags, she was the first to walk into the empty house that now belonged to the Quinn family.

Her first move was to head up the stairs to the room that was going to be hers.

As if by instinct, she made her way down the dark hallway that immediately followed the path that the stairs led to and she stopped dead in her tracks when she saw a teenage boy standing at the end of the dark hall, his features darkened by the shadows that were created in the dimly lit passageway. She noticed there was a greenish glow to him, a very faint greenish tint, and his eyes were dark. He was watching her approach him, taking her in, it was like he thought she couldn't see him. She even thought she saw his eyes taking her in from head to toe, and her cheeks flushed red.

"H-hey!" Suddenly afraid, her shaky voice asked, "Wh-who are y-you?"

The boy's face became startled and he turned, walking to the right, where Harley's room was located. Harley followed behind him slowly and was shaken to see, when she arrived moments after, that no one was in the room.

It was completely empty.

Her black leather combat boots clanked against the wooden floorboards as she inspected every part of her new room with caution. For all she knew, it could have been some murderer or some homeless guy who had been living there before the house got sold. Crazy theories raced in her mind with every step she took. The room seemed to be completely empty except for a golden full length mirror that stood against the wall on the far side.

Taking a few steps across the room, towards the mirror, she was startled at what she saw in the reflection.

"Who are you?" She asked the unusual figure of a teenage boy standing beyond the looking glass along with her own reflection. In the reflection, it seemed like he was standing directly behind her, but when she snuck a glance over her shoulder, she noticed she was still alone. No one was in that bedroom but herself. Her slender fingers caressed the cold glass of the full length mirror before her with curiosity.

He looked back at her, eyes peeled in shock as a realization hit him. Someone could actually see him. He had only ever played out the scenario once in his head, and at the moment all his thought up lines had been thrown out the window. So many years rehearsing this conversation, this moment, not with that girl in particular, but just anyone. And now he didn't know what to say, or even how to react.

"How...how is it that you can see me?" He asked the blue haired, blue eyed girl, in a black jack daniels top exposing her belly button with a piercing on it and black cut-off shorts that showed off her long legs. It was the only thing he could think to say, it quite frankly, it was the only thing he cared about. How could she see him when no one else had been able to? What was so special about this teenage girl with oddly colored hair? It was seemingly nothing, for her ability to see him was nothing that was clear on the outside. It was something in her DNA which permitted her to see the boy in her bedroom mirror.

"I don't know." She replied honestly, equally as confused as he looked.

"No one has been able to see me in over fifty years." He breathed out his response, still in shock.

Her electric blue waves of hair cascaded down her back as she studied the young man before her. She looked him over and realized he was dressed in a way that was reminiscent of the early 1960's; white t-shirt with a black leather jacket over it, straight legged dark jeans and a faded red bandana pushing his golden curls back. She wondered how old the boy was exactly. Couldn't have been more than twenty if she had to take a guess.

I must be crazy, she thought to herself as she admired his features. He was tall, much taller than her. His face was seemingly perfect in its almost sharp features and his hazel-green eyes stood out against the natural cream color of his skin.

But the next question gushed out of her before she even got the chance to stop herself. "So do you have a name? Or can I call you the man in the mirror?"

He chuckled at her comment, "I have a name, thanks. I'm Ashton."

"I'm Harley."

-

Hey guys! I wanted to thank you all loads for the amazing comments and the votes on here. Especially cakemashtonlover (shak, ily) and pengxin (i believe your name is hannah, if i am not mistaken. i'm clary, nice to meet youuuu).

So basically, I may alternate the time span between 2013 & the 1960's, but idk yet, hence the first chapter is titled 2013.

Anyway, I hope you like it. This one is dedicated to originalharold, cause you're also amazing and awesome and ily :D In fact, ily all :D Peace & love for everyone! Thank youuuu!

xoxo, Pornoskians.

EDIT: did some editing to the first chapter. like i said before, nothing too big. just fixed some grammar stuff and added a couple of words to make sentences flow better.

-clary xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

248K 4.3K 39
When the lads are on tour and Louis finds a little girl all alone. Little did he know this little girl would change everything. (The over does say a...
2.8K 120 15
When Della's new neighbor moves in, she not only finds someone who she can trust, but she learns to find herself.
919 38 15
She stepped out of the door taking in the fresh afternoon summer’s air this was not what she expected when she wanted something different, something...
2.4K 36 16
I moved to a strange town, I moved out of the house finally, and I'm enjoying my new home besides the fact that I have a neighbor, I never grew up wi...