The Reason

By KBMallion

It's always been Rex Ford. I've always loved him. I think I always will. Sometimes though, you have to walk a... More

The Reason - prologue - The Beginning of the Past
Chapter One - The Beginning of the Present
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Epilogue - The Beginning of the Future

Chapter Fourteen

5.5K 372 112
By KBMallion

As predicted, the afternoon at work did insufferably drag. I suppose it did because this is actually the first time, after a busy day at work, I know that Rex is going to be waiting for me when I get home. Usually he arrives, when I am already there. So this evening, I feel especially excited. I haven't mentioned it to him before, because I don't want to embarrass him, but I have noticed on a couple of occasions when he's been to my place without me being there. Which is absolutely fine by me. It kind of makes me feel less embarrassed about the need to sometimes be at his place, even when I know he is not going to be there. It makes me feel less insecure and needy, knowing that there are times that he also needs to be surrounded by me. It's just little things that I have noticed, mainly in my bedroom. My nightclothes being put back under the wrong pillow. My duvet not as neat as when I left it. Ornaments slightly moved. My toothbrush and towels placed differently. Silly little things that only I would notice because I am such a neat freak.

If I do happen to notice something, I'll just smile. Knowing that he's been there whilst I haven't. It's kind of pathetically sweet, isn't it? Both of us needing to be somewhere that the other can't be. It's that yearning kind of love. Sustaining that yearning by being in our lovers home, even when they are not. But for now, I need not yearn for anything. For now, Rex is waiting for me. He doesn't need to touch my nightclothes, my duvet, ornaments, toothbrush and towels. Tonight, he can touch me.

"Have you had a good afternoon?" Rex asks as he carefully removes my coat from off my shifting shoulders.

"Great thanks." I cheerfully say, turning around to eagerly cuddle him.

Rex holds me close, relaxed and warm. "There's a casserole in the oven and a bubble bath waiting for you."

I suddenly notice my small rustic table, beautifully decorated and ready for dinner...with yellow tulips in one of my country vases. "Oh, Rex! You got me my favourite tulips! And the table, it looks so gorgeous!" I walk with elation towards it, clasping my hands together. "I can't believe you've done all this for me. All this spoiling will make me not want you to ever leave." I turn to him, who is now standing closely behind me.

Rex appears to want to say something, only he doesn't. "Your bath is waiting." Are the only words to fall from his relaxed mouth, that and one of his gorgeously soft smirks.

Draping my arms around the back of his neck, I smirk the hell back. "Will my bubble bath have a tall, dark and handsome hottie in it?"

Placing his hands on my slightly swaying hips, Rex grins with a raised brow. "I suppose that could be arranged." Then he effortlessly sweeps me up in his thick arms and carries me up the stairs with a roguish glint in his green eyes.

With me still in his arms, I am carried into my seductive looking bathroom. Candles are beautifully lit in every corner and on the windowsill. "This looks very romantic." I coo, glancing down at the bath that looks so very inviting with its many white and glistening bubbles.

Rex lovingly places me down on the floor, beginning to undress me with his slow and thoughtful fingers. "Let's get romantic." He covetously says, ridding my body of the silk shirt that I had just been wearing. Next, it's my skirt that is to get his fanciful fingers all over it. Unzipping it slowly at the side, he seems pleased that it falls down by my feet in a cotton heap. Kneeling down, he caresses my legs as I step out of the crumpled circle around by my ankles. "Your body was always something I used to enjoy touching." The tips of his fingers lightly travel back up the inside of my legs, to my stomach and stopping on my collar bone. "You feel so good, Angel." His eyes are locked on mine as he admiringly caresses my cleavage. "So good." The contact of his velvety lips upon my aroused neck, causes me to moan to his delicate touch. As his featherlight lips brush across my skin, I close my eyes with the bliss of it all. "I never want to miss touching your body ever again." Removing my bra, he tosses it somewhere in a shadowed corner of the candlelit bathroom. "Not ever." With him eagerly pulling down my knickers, I step out of them and jump into his arms as I kick off my work heels with a soft giggle. Back in his strong arms, Rex lowers me into the bath. He watches me with adoration as my body sinks down beneath the bubbles, while he slowly undresses. He does it slowly, because he wants to stare at me a little while longer. For me, I am silently enjoying watching him undress. I enjoy looking at his muscular body in it's natural and naked state. It's pleasing to my smouldering eyes. Every compelling inch of him is powerfully defined and durable. His shoulders are heavy. His stomach is tight and his legs are tremendously robust. With a flirty smile, I hold out my dripping wet fingers to him. I want his heavy, tight and robust body next to mine in this steamy warm bath. I want it now. Sitting down behind me, the water level rises at the same time as my pulse does. Pulling me against him, Rex cuddles me between his firm legs. "Comfy?" He asks with a whisper.

Snuggling my back up to his chest, I serenely nod. "Very." My fingers start stroking his wet knees. "This is so nice."

Rex lightly laughs. "What? My knees?"

Laughing along with him, I take hold of his hand and hold it against my watery breasts. "No! I mean this, being in the bath together. Just being together." I have been missing him so much and I'm not embarrassed to admit just how much I have been. "I seem to miss you so much more these days."

Rex is washing my breasts and my neck with a soapy sponge. "Which is why I am here, Angel." He squeezes the water onto my stomach. "I have been feeling the exact same way." He then kisses the side of my damp cheek, gliding the sponge across my arms now. "I have really been thinking about some things."

Keen to know what things, I tense just a little in his hold. "Like what?" I ask, taking the sponge from out of his hand to start washing him.

"About us." Rex confidently states, holding onto my submerged thighs in the soapy water.

Lying my head right back onto his left shoulder, I quietly try to ease an answer from out of him. "What about us?"

With the sponge now back in his hand and being delicately used across my stomach, Rex is keen to respond. "How would you feel about us living together?"

Twisting quickly and clumsily around, the bath water splashes up and a little over the top of the bath. "Here?" My question is swaddled in growing excitement; happy and expanding, squeal-worthy excitement.

Glancing down at me with a crooked grin, Rex casually nods. "For now, yes."

The same excitement has me starting to profusely babble. "What about your job, your house and your mum? When are you moving in? Do you really want to move in? You don't think it's too soon? How long—" My rambling response is promptly silenced by Rex as his lips come crashing into mine, smothering every single one of my overexcited questions. His lips are the fleshiest things of sweet sedation; kissing me until I am blissfully anaesthetised and docile in his perfectly strong arms.

As his powerful kiss comes to the end of its sumptuous life, I lie there with my eyes barely able to open. When my heavy lids finally do find their will to recumbently retract, Rex is gazing down at me with a content grin on his tranquil face. "Now that I have your beautiful and very quiet attention, shall I continue?"

"What you were just saying or your kiss?" I radiantly ask, very much still swooning.

With a short laugh, Rex plants a brief kiss to my now numb and waiting lips. "What I was saying." He amusingly informs me.

Grinning back up at him and with playfulness very much dancing in my hazel eyes, I lazily nod. "Oh, please do continue." Is my thoroughly teasing reply.

With his smile not going anywhere, he does indeed continue. "I've been given the heads up about a new job in Portishead. The position on offer is for a Chief Firearms Instructor at the Tri Force Training Facility. It would mean more responsibility, more money but much less danger because I won't actively be doing operational terror raids. Instead, I will be the one who is in charge of training up the teams who will be doing them."

"And you think you'll get it?" I excitingly enquire, crawling higher up his damp upper body as I do.

With no doubt whatsoever in his mind, he smirks. "Yes, I do." His dripping wet arms come right around my back. "I am more than qualified for the role. I have police armoury, weapon maintenance, close protection and advanced police driver experience."

This is where I need to let out my bubbling excitement, I can't keep it inside of me for a moment longer. "You're really moving in?" Sat in his saturated lap, I cuddle him tightly with my eager and wet arms.

"If you'll have me?" Rex smirks with one of his dark brows deliciously raised.

My answer comes first in the form of a precise and demanding kiss before I am even able to say a single word.

I kiss him because the answer is yes.

I kiss him because I am just so happy.

I kiss him just because I love to.

"I can't believe that we're really doing this!" My head is tilted, gazing back at the man who has just made me the happiest woman alive. "When do you think you'll be able to properly move in?" I zealously ask with my smile stretching across my elated face.

Rex runs his fingers up and down my dewy skin on my back, pleasuring me with his wet fingertips. "The interview is next week. I'll have to give a month's notice to The Met when I get the job." I laugh softly, laughing at how so very impressively sure of himself he is. Rex knows why I am laughing and is wanting to explain his cockiness. "I will get the job because I know they are keen to have someone with my experience on board, Angel. It's not me being arrogant, it's just me stating a fact." My smile hangs around the edges of my mouth as I tenderly and agreeably stroke his jawline. It's my way of saying that I completely accept his reasons for being so confident about this new job. Rex has more to say, eagerly so much more to say. "I'll put my house on the market and once it's sold, we will look for a house wherever you want to." He pulls me against his bare and moist chest, wanting our bathing bodies to be closer than close. "I want us to do all the things that we planned on doing nine years ago, Angel. I don't want to waste time on relationship etiquette. I know everything between us is snowballing fast, but I love you and I want to be with you." His mouth lightly brushes across mine, sweeping seductively left to right and right to left in the most adoring of ways. "This is what I want, is it what you want too?" Holding the back of my head, he keeps me still between his loving palms. "Tell me what you want, Angel."

Without hesitation, I desirously tell him. "I want you." My whisper is followed by a succession of truthful little kisses, over and over, showing him just how much I really do want him. "I want everything you do, Rex Ford." I sensuously whisper against his full mouth, the very mouth that I'm just about to seize with my very impatient lips.

Our kiss fervently deepens, becoming magnified with the purest of passion. With the water wildly lapping against our aroused bodies, Rex carefully pushes himself up inside of me. Riding along with the waves of the bath, I sensuously ride him. In the warm and bubbly water, with the candlelight flickering all around our exposed nakedness, we start making slow and watery love. "Angel?"

Rex's deep and low voice has me opening up my blissfully shut eyes. With my hips moving wonderfully and deeply with his, my answer comes from somewhere within the depths of my outstretched throat. "Yes?" I huskily ask, gyrating hard between my emotive breaths as our hands clasp together for unified sexual strength.

Rex has an intoxicating look in his eyes; an excitability that shines within the irises of his loving, light green eyes. "Marry me?" He pushes hard, sentimentally embedding himself deeper within me. "Become my wife?" His jaw clenches as he thrusts along in time to his glorious marriage proposal. "Say yes." He provocatively keeps impaling me, desperate for me to accept his pounding proposition.

Breathless and euphorically high, my strained answer slips out between my parted lips. "Yes!"

Leaning forward, Rex holds my hips between his sturdy hands. "I love you so much!" He declares with his groin pushing hard against mine, loving me with every steely inch of himself so delectably deep.

Wrapping my arms around the back of his neck, I have all of him, and yet somehow, it's still not enough. My hips grind down, needing more from the man that I am absolutely going to marry. "I want all of you, Rex." My pleasured plea is softly cried out. The more I lose myself, the more I find him. With frantic pushes, we find each other. I am being carried along by the tide of love. The tantalising tide of love that keeps sweeping him back to me, one beautiful climax after another. "I love you." Is exhaled from me with a climatic and jagged breath as our hips sedately start to move against each other's. Our watery love making maybe just coming to a sensuously slow end, but Rex and I are only just beginning. We are finally going to be doing all that we once said we would. All of our hopes and dreams, have been handed back to us. Pushing my damp hair from off my now dry shoulders, I stare down at Rex with so much love and hope harbouring within my happy spheres. "Ask me again?"

Blinking up at me, gorgeously confused and not exactly sure why he needs to ask me again, Rex decides to anyway. "Marry me?" He boyishly smirks, resting his fingers on my half submerged thighs.

Returning his smirk, I lean forward and hover just above his adorably full mouth. "Yes again." Then I confirm my yes with a slow and attentive kiss. As soon as our lips part, I am smirking even more this time. "I just needed to check that your proposal wasn't just because you were in the throes of passion."

Rex laughs, deep and carefree. "Well, I was going to ask you over dinner, but I got carried away with us being in here." His hands both reach for mine, wanting to be bound together with our loving and entwined fingers. "I think how I proposed was actually far better than the one I had initially planned." Pulling me closer, he smiles. "Being inside of you whilst I asked, that felt incredibly good." His smile becomes a devilish one, deliciously devilish.

With an agreeable shrug, I rest my cheek on my left shoulder with an amorous smile. "It did feel good." With our fingers sweetly rubbing against each other's, I then say. "I can't wait until we can properly be together. I am beginning to horribly miss you whenever you're not here."

"I know you do." Rex kisses some of my fingertips, smiling as his tender lips lavishes them with some love. "I have been horribly missing you too." He admits with a shade of sadness adorning his candlelit features.

I start teasing him. "Is that why you've been coming here when I'm at work?"

Rex frowns, warily smiling. "Although I would if I could, I haven't as yet." He all too casually says.

I laugh, completely dismissing his casual reply. "Yeah yeah! Don't be embarrassed to admit that you've been here when I've been working." Obviously his male pride won't let him admit to the fact that he's been coming here when I am not. He has a key, so I am happy for him to use it. Besides, I have certainly been using the key he gave to me whenever I have started to miss him too much. The difference is—I am not too embarrassed to admit it.

Rex's brows pull tight together, now only slightly smiling. "But I honestly haven't been here, Angel. Today is the first time I have let myself into your place." His reply seems genuine enough, but I still think he is blatantly winding me up.

My grin starts to slowly diminish but my teasing doesn't. "If you say so." I flippantly joke, still refusing to believe him.

Rex now looks a little concerned. "Seriously, Angel...I haven't come to your place before."

Now I'm the one who is looking a little concerned as I remember all the little things that only I would notice—my nightclothes put back under the wrong pillow. My duvet all wrinkled when I always make it in the mornings completely wrinkle free. Ornaments moved slightly. My toothbrush and towels not where I left them—I know Rex has done all of that, I just don't know why he won't admit it.

Instead of teasing him further, I decide to drop it. That stubborn male pride of his obviously won't allow him to admit the mushy truth, so I'll just leave it there. It doesn't actually matter whether or not he admits to coming to my place whenever he misses me.

All that matters now, is that Rex has just proposed to me.

He has wonderfully proposed.

He has proposed and is wanting to move home and job, so that we can at last, be together. Pressing my lips down onto his, I kiss my gorgeously stubborn man for the briefest of wonderful moments. "I'm starving." And I really was.

Rex grins, playfully tapping my ass with his wet hands. "Okay, your casserole awaits." Then he pushes me back slightly, giving him enough room to safely stand.

I watch as he dries himself off with a towel, fully appreciating the glorious view. With the shadows from the flickering candles dancing across his perfect skin, I smile.

I smile, because he is mine.

I smile, because I am his.

I smile because he is here.

I smile because he plans on always being here.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.6K 2.1K 33
Sixteen years ago, my sisters and I moved from France to the United States to live the American dream. Not long after, I met Declan, a marine who was...
63.4K 2K 37
"I'm scared" I whisper as a tear trails down my cheek. Hayden's eyes soften as he stares down at me. He pulls me into his chest, resting his head on...
689 1 84
There are a lot of things you don't really think about until they happen to you. Take rape, for instance. I always thought, "That won't happen to me...
20.2K 223 31
There's gayness! There's smut! There's fluff! There's against! There's abuse in different ways! Now enjoy the content :)) (This book was edited by @T...