I'm Dead

By Always_bookworm_

A Harry Potter Fanfiction on the Next Generation! James Potter finds a special type of time-turner in his fat... More

Crash!!!
And you are?
The Necklace
The Parents you never knew
Meeting Mad-Eye
A Bloody Day
Purple Royalty, Gold Wealth and Red Blood
Red Stains on the Kitchen Tiles
Conversations
Good News?
The Make-Up
The War Is Now
Ron's Outburst
Caparoux and Hart
Deangelo Penzance
The Rita Skeeter of Her Time

I'm Sorry

16.4K 442 615
By Always_bookworm_

Disclaimer: I don't own this. If I did, DRACO AND RON WOULD BE REAL AND ALL MINEMINEMINE.

'Yes, it's absolutely hilarious!' Victoire snapped hysterically.

'Whoa, what's wrong with you two?' James asked.

'Yeah, you were all lovey-dovey and pukey and now Vic looks ready to hex you into the middle of next week, Teddy,' Hugo said conversationally.

'Well, I sort of broke Vic's antique jewellery box…' Teddy said guiltily.

'I got that from my grandmother!' Victoire cried angrily. 'Not you, Grandma, my mother's mother. It's the only thing I've got left to remind me of her!'

'Vic,' Teddy tried to apologise. 'I'm sorry – really, love, I am –'

'Wait, what's breaking a stupid jewellery box got to do with being sent here?' James asked insensitively. Victoire promptly burst into tears. 'What? What did I say?' James asked indignantly, a bewildered look on his face.

Rose smacked him on the arm. 'Insensitive git,' she accused. 'It was her grandmother's antique jewellery box. Her grandmother isn't alive anymore.' She said this last part quietly so Victoire wouldn't hear her and get even more upset. Victoire and her French grandmother had been very close, and the jewellery box had been the old lady's parting gift to her granddaughter before she passed away two years ago (well, two years ago in the future).

Realisation seemed to dawn on James. 'Oh…' he said slowly. Then he looked sheepish. 'Oh.'

Teddy wrapped an arm around Victoire's shoulders. 'Sssh, sssh… it's okay, love, don't cry… let's not get into this now, we have more important things to worry about, like how we're stuck twenty-seven years in the past.' Victoire cried harder and Sirius snorted with laughter at Teddy's failure.

'Were she and her grandmother close?' Hermione asked Rose quietly.

'Very,' Rose said. 'That was Teddy's dismal attempt to try and cheer her up while moving on to another topic.'

To her and everyone else's surprise, Hermione stepped towards the sobbing young woman, who was actually eight years older than her at this moment, and put her arms around her, taking her from Teddy. Victoire cried loudly into Hermione's shoulder, her sobs muffled, and Hermione spoke softly to her until her crying finally subsided. The young woman withdrew from Hermione's arms, sniffing and wiping her eyes. 'Thank you,' she told Hermione simply. 'S-sorry,' she added to the rest of the group. 'I d-don't know w-what came o-over me…'

'It's OK,' Sirius said hastily. He'd never been very good with crying girls – and neither had James.

'Sorry for making you cry, Vicky,' the eldest Potter son muttered, an embarrassed attempt at an apology. Victoire simply nodded, still trying to regain her composure.

'Er – yeah, so.' Sirius coughed awkwardly. 'How you got here…?'

'Oh yeah,' Teddy sighed in relief, before his face suddenly fell again. He glanced at Victoire fearfully. 'Well, Vic and I were in our room getting ready to go out to dinner, and I tripped over the dresser table leg and went headfirst into the dresser, knocking Vic's jewellery box off. The lid flew off its hinges, and it kind of cracked down the middle…' Victoire showed no signs of sobbing hysterically again, so Teddy continued, confidence renewed. 'Then before we had time to register what had happened, this blue light appeared and… well, it engulfed us. There's no other way to describe it.'

'That's weird,' Lily remarked. 'The exact same thing happened to us… with a necklace.'

'What necklace?' Teddy asked, and the group proceeded to tell him and Victoire all about the old necklace that Albus, Rose and Scorpius had found in the attic of 12 Grimmauld Place, and what their thoughts were on it being cursed.

'It must have the same curse on it as the jewellery box,' Bill said. 'But then how are they connected?'

'I just thought of something!' Sirius shouted, much more loudly than was necessary.

'Merlin, it's the end of the world as we know it!' Albus gasped dramatically, before sniggering. Sirius sent him a glare.

'You say you found the necklace in this house, in the future. Well – what if it's there now?' Sirius looked very impressed with himself.

'It's in a drawer in the kitchen,' Ron stated slowly. 'How could it be in the attic?'

Rose bit back a laugh, deciding to ignore her dad for the moment as everyone else stared at Ron incredulously. 'I'm all for checking it out.'

Rose, Albus, Scorpius, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Teddy, Fred, George and James (because he didn't want to miss out on all the fun) raced upstairs to where half of them knew where the attic was.

'What were you three doing in the attic anyway?' Teddy asked.

'We were bored,' they shrugged, as if this were explanation enough.

'Come on, Teddy, do you know who we're talking about here?' James scoffed. 'Whenever Al, Rose and Scorpius here get bored, they go searching for a mystery to solve or some sort of danger to get involved in or something like that.'

'We do not,' Rose frowned.

'We kind of do,' Albus said, as if he was realising it for the very first time.

Harry, Ron and Hermione glanced at each other. Albus, Rose and Scorpius were beginning to remind them of themselves more and more.

'Is that right?' Fred said, smirking.

'And here we were thinking you were the goody-two-shoes' of your time. We seem to be mistaken,' George said approvingly.

'It's not like we mean to get into trouble most of the time…' Al pointed out.

'It just happens,' Scorpius, Rose, Teddy and James finished at the same time.

'Maybe you could give our very own Golden Trio a run for their money?' Fred suggested.

'Your very own what?' Harry, Ron and Hermione repeated, but no one had a chance to answer them as Sirius had finally managed to wrench the attic door open.

'Where did you find the necklace in your time?' Sirius asked.

'Over there, in that corner.'Al nodded to the corner furthest away. Like the rest of the attic, there were mainly just boxes shoved there. Unlike the rest of the attic, there was nothing else. Every other box in the small room had a foreign or dodgy looking object sitting on top of it, and there were various portraits wedged into any free space. There seemed to be a lot of furniture that looked brand new – mahogany dressers and side table, elaborate lamps and even a green velvet sofa. Harry found it odd that there was nothing broken stored up here – and then he remembered that Reparo probably fixed most things for wizards. The attic was dark, gloomy and musty. Albus tried and failed to hold back a sneeze – it definitely wasn't this dusty in his time, or cluttered. In fact, he recognised nothing except the stack of boxes in the corner from the few times he'd been up to the attic.

The group traipsed across to the corner Al had pointed out. There wasn't much to search: after turning every single box upside down at least twenty times, they turned to searching the rest of the attic. They combed every inch thoroughly, but there was still no sign of the necklace or the box it came in.

'It's not here,' Ron frowned. 'That doesn't make sense.'

'It was obviously planted here in the future, Ronald,' Hermione explained, giving a long-suffering sigh.

'But I'm the only one that lives here,' Sirius said. 'I wouldn't put a necklace with a curse on it in the attic for anyone to touch.'

'It could have been one of the Order members, I suppose, but I can't see a reason for them doing anything like that,' Hermione said.

'Bet it was Snape,' Ron grumbled.

'What motive would he have?' Hermione asked in the tone of someone about to point out a million reasons why he wouldn't have a motive.

'Well,' Ron said, 'He's a right foul git, for a start. And he hates Harry.'

'That doesn't make sense, Ron!' Hermione cried. 'Why would he want to send anyone back in time?'

'Come on, Hermione, he's evil and you know it!'

'Just because you hate him almost as much as Harry does, Ron!'

The rest of the group turned away from their argument, rolling their eyes.

'Do they always fight like that?' Sirius asked.

'Yes,' chorused Harry, Rose, Albus, Teddy and James. Harry turned to his sons and niece in surprise. 'They still bicker when they're married?'

'All the time,' Rose said. 'Would you expect any different?'

'No, you're right,' Harry chuckled. The group descended the attic stairs and returned to the living room. Ron and Hermione were still arguing when they got there.

'I'm telling you, Hermione, it's part of his plan, Snape's an evil git, would you –' Ron never finished his sentence. His jaw fell open and he stared in horror into the living room. Hermione followed his gaze, and she too looked horrified.

'Oh – erm, hello, Professor,' she said awkwardly. Severus Snape, who was standing the middle of the room, spared the people who'd just come in a glance, before marching to the door, pulling on his black cloak.

'I will see what I can find, Lupin,' he said curtly. Glaring at Ron, he added, 'Amongst carrying out my 'evil plan', of course.' And with that, he swept from the room, cloak billowing behind him.

'Who knew that Snape could do sarcasm?' Fred said in wonder when they heard the front door shut.

'Who knew Ron had such bad timing?' George asked.

'Everyone,' the two of them said in unison.

'We couldn't find the necklace,' Sirius told Remus, Bill and Mr Weasley. 'It's not there.'

'That could be because it really is in the kitchen drawer,' Remus said. 'Meaning, when the children got transported here the necklace from this time disappeared, as well.'

'I don't even want to think about how that works,' James grimaced. 'It's like trying to figure out what was before the universe.'

He continued talking, but it was to himself, as everyone else blocked him out.

'Well, Severus and a couple of other Order members are going to try and look up some curses we think may be connected to the necklace, and the jewellery box,' Remus said. 'We're also arranging for a couple of people to go to France, to check up on the jewellery box. yI've sent a Patronus to Dumbledore and McGonagall, but they're unavailable at this time. There's not much else we can do for the moment.'

Teddy nodded. 'So… do you guys want to know more about the future?'

In a few minutes, everyone was settled in the living room on chairs and cushions had been conjured up. Mr and Mrs Weasley sat on the only sofa in the room. Next to them sat Victoire and Teddy on chairs, and next to Teddy were Tonks and Remus, who understandably didn't want to be far away from their son. Fred and George sat on chairs on the other side of the sofa, and Sirius and Bill were across the room from. Everyone else – Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, James, Albus, Rose, Scorpius, Hugo and Lily – was settled on cushions in the middle in a higgledy-piggledy circle.

First tell us how many other grandchildren we have,' Mrs Weasley said eagerly. 'Oh, I'm sorry, dear, I didn't mean to sound –'

Teddy chuckled. 'It's alright, Grandma,' he said. He'd called Mrs Weasley 'Grandma' for as long as he could remember, though he'd never called Harry and Ginny, 'Dad and Mum'. 'Vic, do you want to start?'

'Of course,' she smiled. 'I have a sister called Dominique, who is three years younger than me, and a brother called Louis who is a year older than James. The five of us live at Shell Cottage – well, I did, until I moved in with Teddy.' She smiled at her husband, and he leaned down to kiss her. James pretended to gag.

'Oh, grow up,' Rose sighed, rolling her eyes.

'Never!' James gasped, looking scandalised.

Bill was smiling. He was married to a smart, beautiful woman and he had three kids, one of whom had married someone he couldn't have picked better himself. He didn't think he could be much happier right now.

'Louis looks exactly like Mum, like me, but Dom is like the female version of you, Dad,' Victoire told Bill. 'I can't play Quidditch to save my life, like I said before, but Louis' okay and Dom's brilliant at it. She plays Beater for Gryffindor, and Louis' in Hufflepuff.'

'Ah, Bill, your son sounds like a wuss,' George teased.

'He is not,' Victoire snapped, defending her brother. 'He got into a fight for Rose the other week – and won.'

'Yeah, he's more protective of Rose than Hugo is,' James said. 'And that's saying something.'

'Why was he fighting for you?' Hermione asked sharply. 'What happened to you?'

Rose and Scorpius shifted uncomfortably. 'Er... we'll tell you later,' Rose compromised. Hermione frowned, but let it go.

'Next is Uncle Percy,' James said.

'He comes back?' Mrs Weasley gasped.

Victoire, James, Albus, Lily, Rose and Hugo glanced at each other. 'He left?'

'For a couple of years,' Teddy said quietly. 'Harry told me.'

Mrs Weasley burst into joyful tears and cried into her husband's chest.

'Well, at least he comes to his senses! But for now he's still a git,' Fred said decisively.

'Uncle Percy has two daughters,' James said, once his grandmother had recovered. 'Molly's a year older than Dom, and Lucy's the same as Louis.'

'Percy named his daughter after me?' Mrs Weasley sniffed, and her eyes began to water again. 'Oh, Percy!'

'Molly's in Ravenclaw. She's really bookish and quiet, and doesn't like Quidditch. She's a lot like her mum,' James said.

'Who's her mother?' Mr Weasley asked.

'Audrey Meadows,' Albus said. 'Uncle Percy met her at the Ministry. She's really nice.'

'Lucy's really good at Quidditch, but she doesn't play. Louis is pretty much her best friend. I don't think she likes the rest of us much.' James pretended to be hurt as he said this.

'Why?' Bill asked.

'Who knows?' James shrugged. 'She is a Slytherin, it's no surprise she's strange.'

Albus punched his brother. 'There's nothing wrong with being a Slytherin!' he said hotly. 'And Lucy's not strange, she's… rebellious.'

'Rebellious?' Fred's eyebrows were raised in disbelief. 'Percy's daughter?'

'Yep,' Albus nodded. 'She's kind of hard to explain.'

'So we'll move on,' Lily said. 'Uncle George has two kids, Fred and Roxanne.'

'Why would I name my son after you?' George snorted. 'I wouldn't want him to end up with the same ugly mug.'

'No idea, dear brother,' Fred shrugged. 'Maybe you were drunk like Harry was when he named Albus.'

Al scowled at him.

'Fred's the same age as James,' Hugo said.

'A prankster?' George questioned keenly.

'One hundred percent,' Hugo grimaced. 'Fred and James are best friends. You really don't want to be the victim in one of their pranks.'

'We've been in McGonagall's office so many times we're on first name terms,' James said proudly. Rose and Lily rolled their eyes.

'Wait, who am I married to?' George asked.

'Angelina Johnson,' Lily said.

'WHAT!' yelled Fred. 'You stole my girlfriend! You traitor!'

'Can't say I blame her,' George smirked.

'You – she – married – that's unforgivable,' Fred muttered angrily. 'Unforgivable.'

'Fred's in Gryffindor, of course, and so is Roxanne,' Teddy said, deciding to just carry on. 'They're both into Quidditch, seeing as they have parents who play, but only Fred plays on the team. He's Gryffindor's other Beater. Roxanne looks exactly like her mum, while Fred looks like George.'

'We know,' the twins said. It took a minute for everyone to get it, and when they did, Rose groaned.

'God, you're even worse than Dad said you were!' she complained.

'What?' This came from everyone from the present. The time travellers looked nervously at each other, and Rose bit her lip. It was time.

'Were?' Fred's eyes narrowed. 'What's that supposed to mean?'

And then it dawned on him.

'Were,' he repeated. 'George's the one who marries Angelina. George names his son after me.' His voice was barely audible now. 'I don't make it.'

'You die in the Second Wizarding War,' Rose whispered. 'Less than three years from now. I'm sorry.'

Fred's whole body slumped. George wrapped his arms around his twin in a hug that it seemed like they would never break out of it. Bill, Ron and Ginny's expressions were unreadable as the information slowly registered in their reluctant brains and Harry and Hermione looked shocked. Sirius and Remus glanced down in sadness, while Tonks looked on the verge of tears. The time travellers simply stared at the embracing twins, sadness and regret building up inside them for the uncle (for most of them) they'd never known.

The whole room was silent for a few minutes before they realised Mrs Weasley was shaking with silent sobs. Unsteadily, she stood up and made her way over to her true middle child, and wrapped him in a hug. George didn't let go. Mr Weasley followed his wife and comforted her, resting a hand on Fred's shoulder. He was followed by Bill and then Ginny, whose face was already tear-streaked. Ginny never cried. Last to go was Ron. It was as if he didn't want to believe it… if he didn't go and support his brother, maybe he wouldn't die…

'They need you,' Hermione said quietly, her voice breaking. Ron only nodded and stood up slowly, joining his family. Hermione broke down, and Harry pulled her into a hug. Usually Ron would have been jealous. But not right now.

Jealousy just seemed so stupid right now. Everything did.

Fred lifted his head. 'How did it – how did I –' He was incapable of voicing the final word.

'Like a hero,' Scorpius said. He was the only person from the future capable of speaking right now, and it surprised a couple of people that he did so. 'You died fighting in the Battle of Hogwarts. The final battle.'

'You knew Percy was back on your side,' Rose whispered. 'You knew Percy was back.'

'Good,' Fred said, in a surprisingly strong voice. 'Good.'

There was nothing else to say. Eventually, the Weasleys drifted away from Fred, one by one, but they stayed close to him, all except Ron. He rejoined Harry and Hermione. He was deathly pale and his blue eyes cloudy. Hermione wrapped her arms around him as soon as he reached them. Rose gave a small, sad smile.

'I guess I should get this out now,' Teddy said in a strangely choked voice. Victoire took his hand and squeezed it supportively. He gave her a faint smile, before turning to Remus and Tonks. 'Mum and Dad,' he said. 'That's the first time in my life I've been able to say that.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

260K 4.9K 14
The Next Generation travel to Harry Potter's 6th year!!!
340K 7.9K 17
The next generation of Harry Potter: Lily, Albus, James, Rose, Hugo , Freddie, Roxanne, Teddy, Victoire and Scorpius. Hugo accidentally breaks a tim...
285K 6.1K 19
James Malfoy-Potter broke his cousin's, Rose Weasley's, time turner over the holidays. Now most of the next generation kids are stuck in 1995. Four...
98.6K 1.7K 20
What happens when the Future Generations of Potter, Weasley, Malfoy and Longbottoms brake an experimental Time Turner designed to travel back in year...