Darkest Destiny

By kiara23

Destiny Raven. That's me. I lived in America. My Mother is psychotic; crazy. My father left me; moved countri... More

Prologue: The Letter
1. Hell To Home
2. Calm, Before The Storm Arrives
3. Recognition
4. Damn, Giant Wolf
5. Good Liar
6. Acting Strange
Chapter Seven- Admitting Past Problems
Chapter Eight- Friends with the red wolf?
Chapter Nine- Staying For Good; Is It Really Good Though?
Chapter Ten- Rage Is Rage, It Can't Be Stopped
Chapter Eleven- Behind The Falling Water
Chapter Twelve- Feeling Rejected
Chapter Thirteen- Why is everyone suddenly worried?
Chapter Fifteen- I've Seen Crazier Things
Chapter Sixteen- Pack Life
Chapter Seventeen- The Strange Sparks Are Back
Chapter Eighteen- The Doctor and the Lawyer
Chapter Nineteen- A Meeting?
Chapter Twenty- Déjà Vu with Axel
Chapter Twenty One- Familiar Situations
Chapter Twenty Two- Nervousness
Chapter Twenty Three- Secrets and Betrayal
Chapter Twenty Four- Revelation
Chapter Twenty Five- Escape Route

Chapter Fourteen- What's Wrong With Me?

4.7K 83 9
By kiara23

Yes, I know what you are all thinking! I know I took forever to upload, but I was super busy so... anyway... read on...

Recap: 

"Just let it happen, don't fight it." I hear Athena tell me, sounding actually worried. 

I scream in pain as the tearing feeling returns. Not doing what Athena advises, I try to push away the pain on instinct. I try to create a barrier between myself and the pain, but it doesn't work for a while. 

What seems like hours later I can finally start to think properly. The pain fizzles away, leaving me cold, drenched in sweat, breathing hard and only in my bra and underwear. 

What timing, huh? 

Athena curses under her breath. I hear other people join in with her. I realize that Ryder, Remy, Dayton and Jessie are all in the room too. 

As my breathing evens out a pained little noise comes from me as my head lolls to the side and I black out.

"How did she get those scars on her body? There are so many!" Someone exclaims softly.

I am still asleep- kind of. I can hear what they are saying, but I can't move my body. It's frustrating.  

"No one knows, she didn't tell anyone." Another voice answers softly. 

"It must have caused her a lot of pain to receive that many injuries. Didn't you notice any signs of pain with her?" The first voice asks in disbelief. I recognise it to be female.  

"No, never. Nothing she ever did caused me to think she was even remotely in pain. When she lied to me that one time, not even her heart skipped a beat. I would have heard it if it did. How am I supposed to know when she has lied to me?" The other voice, a male voice, asks. I recognise it. It's Grayson's. 

How could he possibly hear my heartbeat? And how did he know I was lying to him 'that one time'? This doesn't make sense. I'm so confused. 

"You still should have known she was this hurt." The woman growls. Literally growls. 

"How was I supposed to know? I barely talk to her!" 

Ouch, that hurts. 

"Yeah, but you talk to Dawn and you socialise with Dawn and you know everything that happens to Dawn." The woman counters. 

Ooh, that hurts much more. I even let out a little whimper. 

"Looks like you really screwed up this time, Grayson." The woman says, pissed off. 

Dad huffs. 

"You saw that scar on her back. That could have killed her. If she wasn't one of us she surely would have died. Do you want to know what I found in her bloodstream?" 

One of them? What's that supposed to mean? 

"What?" Grayson scoffs defensively. "It's not like you found drugs in here. God, stop being so dramatic about it already, Sheree." 

"I am not being dramatic!" Sheree yells. "I found enough traces of alcohol and drugs in her blood to sink a bloody battleship! Something really bad happened to your daughter, and you're not even worried!" She screams. 

I swear my heart stops beating. H-how did she find that? I have been clean for weeks! Weeks!

"What?!" Grayson finally yells, shocked. "How? It was her Mother that took the drugs! I never knew she did! She's not even old enough to drink!" 

I gulp.  

"Apparently not, Grayson. Now I would advise you start digging into her personal life. The strain her body has taken should have killed her by now. If she wasn't one of us she would have died." 

"That's where I am confused, Sheree. It's Dawn that's one of us, not Destiny." Grayson argues. 

"Looks like you go the wrong twin, and you're going to have to pay for it. That is probably the stupidest thing you ever did. Why on earth would you separate them? And lie to her? She must know by now that Dawn isn't dead, that might have been what provoked her to shift in the first place." Sheree argues. 

What? Shift? What's that? Are these people crazy or something? Probably...

"I doubt it. I know Destiny, she would be happy to know her sister is alive." Grayson grumbles. 

"Really?! Think about it from her point of view. Her sister is dead, her parents are divorced, these awful things were done to her, she took drugs, drank alcohol, has a horrible mother, and was more than most likely abused, and the list goes on and on!" Sheree screams. "And you think she would be happy about it?" 

Dad says nothing. 

"The only reason you left was to be with Dawn. Think about it, all this probably started happening when you left Karol. All because of her sister. Her supposed dead sister. All this happened because her sister was supposed to be dead. But she's not. So all this happened for no bloody reason!" 

I hear Grayson gulp.  

That's when my body starts waking up properly, not just my mind. I groan weakly, my eyes opening to see blurry shapes. I blink a few times to clear my eyes. It feels like I have water in my eyes. 

"Destiny, can you hear me?" Sheree asks. 

I groan. Now that I am focusing, everything sounds very loud. "Be quiet, Sheree!" I hiss, rolling on my side and curling up in on myself. My head was pounding so hard I feel like I am going to cry. 

No one says anything. For a moment I actually think they are going to do what I say, but with my luck that isn't going to happen. 

"How'd you know my name?" Sheree asks curiously, coming around to stand in front of me. She has brown hair so dark it looks black and corkscrew ringlets that are tight. Her hair is not too thin not too thick, and goes down past her shoulders. 

"I could hear you, you know." I grumble, putting my hands to my head. "Where's Jessie?" 

"Jessie is out in the waiting room." Sheree replies. 

I frown. "Waiting room? Where am I?" 

"You're at the medicare centre. Jessie brought you here after you collapsed." Sheree says. 

I frown again. I look down at my body. At least someone put clothes on me. "Can I go now?" I ask, sitting up. 

Sheree's mouth opens in shock. "You don't... But aren't you curious about what we were discussing?" She asks. 

I shake my head, clearing my thoughts. I hop off the bed, shakily stretching my legs and getting them used to the feeling of being used. I still feel sore all over, especially my head. "I honestly don't care about what you were talking about. I learnt at a very young age not to stick my nose in things that don't sit right or aren't things that I am not supposed to know." 

I stumble out of the room, holding the wall for support. I walk into the waiting room and instantly Jessie stands up. He has a jacket of mine clenched in his hands and he looks really worried.  

As soon as he sees me he wraps me up in a hug. "God, Destiny. Don't ever do that to me again! I was worried sick!" He exclaims, scowling at me.  

I give him a weary smile. "I just want to go and sleep for a week." I say, my voice impossibly soft but extremely loud in my ears. 

He gives me a small smile. "Come on then, girly." He puts his arm around my shoulders lightly. 

"Jessie?" 

"Yeah?" 

"What's wrong with me?" I ask him cautiously. 

I feel him stiffen. "I'll explain it when we get to my house, yeah?" 

"Ok." 

"You can't do that!" Grayson says from behind me. "You have to go home, Destiny." He tells me. 

I wince. I guess he's right... but I don't want to. But it's the law. But then again, when did I ever follow the law? I give Jessie a distressed look. 

"In case you didn't notice, Grayson, Destiny is currently pack-less. She can go where she wishes, with permission from the... leader first. That is the way it has always been among us. If she wants to go with me, she is more than willing to. There isn't anything you can do about it, either." Jessie says, his face darkening. 

Ok, that's just making me even more confused.  

Grayson doesn't say anything to that.  

Jessie leads me out. 

I wince again as my head pounds painfully, as if I were getting a migraine. The only other time my head felt like this is when I had drunk too much vodka and Karol had injected me with a little too much cocaine. So pretty much I had an absolutely horrible hangover. Not even water, food, or pain killers helped. It was torturous, I swear. 

Never again do I want to feel that. I shiver at the thought. 

Jessie leads me to his silver Volvo. I get in the passenger side and buckle my seatbelt. 

On the drive home, neither Jessie nor I say anything. The silence is comfortable, though. It isn't awkward or embarrassing. 

When we get back to Jessie's home, all I can think of is what he will tell me. I want to know what's going on, and I want to know now.

Spelling/grammer mistakes??

Continue Reading