Deathly Symmetrical

By KooriAkuma

Death the Kid has finally met his match, without her even trying to be symmetrical. More

{1} A Symmetrical Goddess
{2} An Even Mission
{3} The Zaire Basin
{5} A Date's Preparations
{6} The Sunset's Suspicion
{7} Room of Darumas
{8} Madam Sabrina & The Girls
{9} Ravished Lies
{10} For Honor & Mid-Terms
{11} Drowning Emotions
{12} So Scandalous
{13} Girl Hunt; Dahlia and Alicia
{14} In her Mind
{15} Have a Nice Dream
{16} A Party's Fun
{17} A Couple Maybe
{18} Crush'd
{19} Soul matching Eevee
{20} The Not-So-Clear Truth
{21} An Interesting History
{22} A Fool's Masquerade
{23} The Double-Edged Sword
{24} Inside the Subconscious
{25} Sounding the Alarm
{26} Pardon Change
{27} Soul Removal
{28} Prelude to Execution
{29} My Test Subject
{30} A Plea & A Verdict
{Extra} You're in my Heart
{Alt./Ext. Ending} Shadows of Day
[Author's Note] Deathly Symmetrical -- REWRITTEN
Author's Note: I'm Back (sorta)

{4} A Preposterous Proposal

14.3K 417 179
By KooriAkuma

For all those who read this story and who waited patiently for this chapter. Sorry I don't upload quicker, but I tend to work on more than one story at a time. Well enjoy and let me know how you like it so far and what you think of it.     ~KooriAkuma

                                                                     {*~*~*}

“What the hell is going on with those two?” Soul pointed towards Eevee and Kid who were a mere inch, if not less, away from each other. “Looks like they're going to eat each other.”

“Kid started this,” Liz explained, Patty pointing and laughing at the two Meisters in front of them. “Kid asked out Eevee on a date and she said yes. Sorta. Everything else came from there.”

“Still doesn't explain why they're staring each other down. And what the hell possessed Eevee to say yes to a date with Kid!?”

“Well, she didn't necessarily agreed to it at first,” Liz explained still watching her Meister fighting Eevee's hold on his face. “Eevee's first reaction was to punch him in the gut and then run away. She can run really fast, you know. It's kinda creepy how fast Kid found her after that. . . .he might be stalking her – ”

“Liz!” Maka brought her back from her thoughts. “What did Kid do to Eevee to make her say yes? Eevee hates people being too close to her and thinks dates are an excuse to waste her time. And she doesn't like Kid clinging on to her either. . .”

Hard to believe what she had just stated as Eevee had Kid's face in between both of her hands and was staring attentively into his eyes. Kid was in the same position as Eevee, holding her face in his hands and looking into her eyes. They weren't sure if either of the Meisters had blink after starting this staring contest of theirs.

“That's the cause of it.” Liz told her.

“What is?” Tsubaki asked.

Liz told them the story of how this strange staring contest between the two had come to be. The day before Kid, not surprising to any of them, had been following Eevee all though out the academy and had followed her all the way to the basketball court. Eevee was taking his chasing her very calmly and tried to ignore him completely hoping he would tire himself out and leave her alone.

Her attitude towards him did nothing of course and Kid continued to follow Eevee around and complimenting her about the smallest of things. He complimented the way she walked that reminded him of a model by how she balanced her weight on both feet equally. Eevee thought this had to be the stupidest of compliments anyone could possibly hear.

He was always waiting in every corner to jump on her when Eevee decided to run for it to see if she could lose him. As expected from the son of Lord Death, Kid was simply in another level that her as a Meister and Eevee could not out run him or try and fight him to see if she would win. Kid could easily pin her down and hold her there if he ever got his hands on her, but Eevee was hell bent on never letting that happen.

“Don't you understand the meaning of the words 'go' and 'away', Kid?” Eevee stopped abruptly and turn to face Kid. He crashed into her and Eevee simply shoved him to the floor. “Enough is enough. Please stop touching me so casually.”

Kid's eyes grew large and started to water uncontrollably making Eevee rake a step back and panic to show on her face. He was on his knees bowing down to Eevee repeatedly and stuttering out words that Eevee didn't understand. She wanted to reach out and hug him like she had done so the second day she met him, but she knew better now. If she encouraged just a slight bit he would leech on to her like some annoying mosquito that she couldn't swat away.

“Kid,” his eyes brighten and his lips formed a large grin when he heard her voice. “What do I do to get you to stop following me?”

“No! – ”

“Stop following me around. You're making people notice me even more not only at the academy but Death City civilians!”

“As they should!” He stood in front of her in his full height and was only a few, very few, inches taller that she was. “You are the epitome of symmetry! The physical perfection reachable to none other than you!”

Eevee jumped forward and slammed her hands on his face covering both his mouth and nose. Kid started to squirm under her grip and turned a slightly blue color before Eevee lowered her hand to his mouth.

“Quit screaming out nonsense!” Eevee whispered harshly, her face betraying noting of her emotions. Her voice did that on its own. “You're making people look at us weird.”

He slumped forward and kept his lips sealed as Eevee removed her hands. She stared at him for a couple a second to make sure he wasn't going to jump her or scream out embarrassing comments. Kid stayed put and didn't utter a word, but his eyes alone were enough to make Eevee want to run for it again.

Eyes of gold.

She looked away from them before speaking. “What do I have to do to stop you from following me around and hugging me so casually? Someone of your noble birth should be more respectful of young ladies.”

“You're correct,” he said and took one step back. “I apologize for the casual touching then, but not for wanting to admire your beauty from up close.”

He had stepped forward again. “You're too close,” Eevee crossed her arms over her chest. “Come on. State your price for leaving me alone.”

Kid looked at her for a moment and the feel of his eyes on her made Eevee fidget a bit, but stopped as he spoke to her.

“Alright, I do have something I want.” he said to her and Eevee's spirits perked up at this. “One day.”

“Huh?”

He grinned and took her hand in both of is. “One full day with you!”

Eevee stared at him. Her body turned cold and stiff and she felt like she had just turned into a stone statue. Kid was grinned happily at her and all she could think of was that he had something up his sleeve. He had always followed her all day all days no matter what the weather was. Why was he asking for one full day with her in exchange for him to leave her alone? It didn't make any logical sense to her.

“What're you planning?” she asked.

“I want to be with you one full day and not be running after you,” he told her. “Walking side by side with my goddess and holding her hand. We can go clothe shopping! I know what will fit you perfectly and nothing will be out of place. It will be perfect! I can take you home and introduce you to father. And then I will draw you laying on my bed – ”

“What the hell?!” Eevee pulled her hand away from his and stumbled back, “W-what's wrong with you?!”

“I didn't mean it in any insulting way!”

“How else could you mean it?!”

“I'm asking for a date! – and you would be fully clothed in a gown when I drew you with the perfect hair style and a the perfect pose– Just one day, Eevee, and you won't regret it.”

Silence.

“Eevee – ”

She punched him in the stomach before turning on her heels and running away from by jumping onto the roof to cut the distance. Eevee landed with her knees bent and looked up at the building she had jumped off of to see if Kid was following her. Nothing could be seen and she sighed in relief.

I'm asking for a date!”

Eevee blushed remembering the words. Sure Maka had told her that she was admired by some of the boys at school, but she had never been asked out once. No one had ever had the courage to do so because Curran was always by her side. Where the hell was he now when she needed him the most to keep away Kid. Then again, Kid always managed to render Curran helpless.

It was hours later when she was walking out of the store with groceries that Eevee noticed the oh so reliable boy that shadowed her every move. Having both her hand full, Eevee ignored him for a few blocks and pretended not to notice him, but being Kid that could only be done for about three blocks.

“Quit following me!”

“You didn't make the deal.” Kid pouted still hiding behind a potted bush. “I'll follow you to the ends of the earth.”

Eevee turned a slight blue. “Please, please, leave me in peace.”

“Then we have a deal?” Eevee jumped at his sudden closeness. She had forgotten how fast he was. “Just one day.”

“One day?” she asked uncertain.

“Yes. Yes, one day,” he grinned happily.

Eevee sighed, “F-fine. But only one day. . .and during the weekend. . .and you can't put me on your bed to draw me.”

“Of course!”

“And don't forget the deal. You leave me alone after the. . .dat – after that full day.”

“Yosh!” he jumped on her and wrapped his arms around her neck. Because both her hands were occupied Eevee could push him off and ended up being imprisoned in his embrace. “I'll come early and ready to dress you!”

“Dress me?” Eevee asked. “I can dress myself.”

“We must be dressed the same – ”

“No way.”

Liz finished explaining the story when she and Patty had found Kid pinned to Eevee's side arguing that he would dress her for their date. Eevee would say any variation of no, but Kid didn't seem to hear her and kept insisting he would be the one to dress her. She wasn't sure how it happen or how those two came up with the rules, but that was were the staring contest started.

“Who ever looks away from the other of goes into a panic loses,” Liz said. “Eevee, I guess, because Kid is so close to her and touching her. And Kid would be because Eevee's eyes reflect the asymmetrical lines on his hair.”

“That makes sense.” Maka stated watching how Eevee was trying her best not to pull away from Kid or hurt him in any way. “I never seen Eevee so determine in a simple game. What were the stakes?”

“If Eevee loses Kid gets to dress her up for their date. If Kid loses. . .I dunno,” Liz wondered what they had decided on. “Hey, Patty, what happens if Kid loses?”

Patty started laughing and clapping her hands. “Eevee get to dress Kid for their date! And she already said she would dress to an asymmetrical style!”

“Well, there you go,” Liz told them.

They all looked at the two Meisters in utter amusement. Who would have thought that Kid would be Eevee's breaking point that would make her look like any other girl her age. She had always been poised, cool, and calm and then came Kid to through her into a state of panic.

He was the only one that could easily follow Eevee around, hug her, and even make her blush for no reason what so ever. Maka, the person that had been closest to Eeevee before Kid showed up, could pin point every change that Eevee had gone through the past week. She smiled at the scene in front of her and in her head she wanted Eevee to win, but she didn't voice the thought.

“What're those two doing,” Blackstar had entered the cafeteria with everyone's attention on Eevee and Kid. “Why aren't they paying attention to the great me and not those two symmetrical weirdos that even have their lunch neatly formed?”

They wanted to laugh because Blackstar was right, they did have their lunches neatly separated into what they believed was symmetrical. Eevee separated the meats from the vegetables and then she sorted them by color and then rearranged them by size. Kid separated them to have them equally devided. Cut the foods in half and place one half on the left and then the other on the right.

“I never knew how similar Eevee was to Kid until now,” Soul said. “I wonder if she freaks out because things aren't the way she wants them to be.”

“She's more prone to violent episodes than panic ones,” Maka said with a sweat drop on the back of her head. “She doesn't like people touching her things or moving them around.”

“Hey, why aren't they paying attention to me?”

“How long do you think they go at it?” Soul asked.

“Why aren't you paying attention to me?”

“Dunno,” Liz answered Soul. “As far as we know they've been at it since before they got to the academy.”

“What's so great about those two?”

“Maybe we should just leave them alone and let it sort it out,” Tsubaki offered.

“That's all that's left,” Maka said.

“ HAHA! TRYING TO OUTSTAGE THE GREAT BALCKSTAR, ARE YOU? WELL THAT'S TOO BAD FOR YOU BECAUSE THE GREAT ME IS HERE TO WIN OVER YOU TWO LOSERS' CONTEST!”

“B-Blackstar!” Tsubaki called out in worry.

Blackstar had jumped up onto the table were Eevee and Kid had been sitting. He shoved Kid straight across the room and into the wall before sitting in front of Eevee and glared down at her from where he was perched.

“I win!” she exclaimed without looking away from Blackstar.

“That doesn't count,” Kid stood up from the rubble. “This idiot got in between our agreement!”

“You broke away first,” Eevee argued, “That makes me the winner.”

“QUIT TALKING AND LOSE TO THE GREAT ME ALREADY!”

Eevee jumped away from the tables and Kid tackled Blackstar to the floor and formed a small cloud of dust as they started to fight. Eevee was holding her hands above her head and circling around saying how she was the winner in both contests.

The group that had been watching them didn't know if they should laugh at them. Kid was wrestling with Blackstar on the floor because he had caused him the opportunity to dress up Eevee. Eevee, after noticing what she was doing, seemed about to faint on the spot after she noticed how much attention she was getting from the academy.

“I don't think we should let those three cross paths anymore,” Soul stated with a look of disbelieve. “Are they gonna go at it every time they see each other?”

“My precious goddess Eevee,” Kid exclaimed as Eevee passed out and fell into his arms. “Look what you cause you pathetic swine!”

“That wasn't my fault! She's always trying to take my spotlight even if it means by fainting.” Blackstar took hold of Eevee's collar and lifted her up into the air before starting to shake her violently. “Wake up, violent woman! WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE UP! A KISS THE GREATEST SHOULD BE ENOUGH TO WAKE THE DEAD!”

“Don't touch my Eevee!” Kid punched Blackstar square in the face and sent him flying into a table that broke under his weight.

“Uh, shouldn't we stop them,” Liz asked.

“I don't think it's possible anymore,” Maka ran her hand through her hair and shook her head. “Soul, we're gonna have to keep Eevee as spaced out as needed before they destroy the academy because of her.”

“You mean a coma?”

They looked at the sleeping Eevee in Kid's arms and always fell at the sight of Kid wanting to kill anyone who stepped forward and offered to take Eevee to nurse Medusa. Having her in a coma or simply sleeping would cause more trouble that her being awake.

“No. I think we should just keep her busy with studying or training,” she told him.

“Well, that's great and all, but that's gonna have to waiting until their date is over.” Liz told them.

“Kid did say he would leave Eevee alone after that date,” Tsubaki smiled at them.

Their faces turned to the two that were to go on the date. Kid was so tightly that they saw her turn pale. Blackstar was glaring and yelling out random, incoherent things at Kid about Eevee and how he would be the one to triumph over her. Somehow they doubted Kid would keep his promise to Eevee when Blackstar pretty much told him he would not leave Eevee's side until she was defeated by him. Kid would not leave Eevee to Blackstar.

“Get her a part-time job,” Soul offered. “The one she works for won't let those two do with Eevee whatever they want with her.”

Maka sighed. “I think there's only one person able to keep those two away from Eevee. And Eevee's a ruff patch with him.”

“Oh, great. You don't mean – ”

“Professor Stein.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

457 37 37
A soulmate.... something she didn't want... A killer behind the mask of a learning detective.
24.2K 791 17
It was just another day in Death City. DWMA was up and about living life to the fullest. Maka's team was yet again assigned a special mission by no o...
54.3K 1.7K 13
You are the new meister at the academy, but there is something different about you and your weapon that has everyone puzzled.
19.8K 555 19
Ever since Death The Kid's disappearance and sudden return, Soul has been having bad feeling towards him. His friends say he's jealous that his meist...