The Guardian (Final Version)

By MiaSousa

What if your perfectly normal life was thrown into chaos just by meeting a single boy? Mia Harrison, a s... More

Author's Note
Understanding the world of "The Guardian"
1st chapter: And so it begins
2nd chapter: Guardians, spirits and what-more
3rd chapter: An encounter with fate
4th chapter: An hectic school trip (part one)
5th chapter: An hectic school trip (part two)
6th chapter: The power of a Guardian
7th chapter: Dangerous pacts
8th chapter: Meetings, fights and secrets unveiled
9th chapter: What are friends for?
10th chapter: To trust another
11th chapter: Captured and locked, all hope lost
12th chapter: The resolution to be strong
13th chapter: Ambush
14th chapter: Finally reunited
15th chapter: Safe at last
16th chapter: What the future holds
NOTICE
17th chapter: Back home
18th chapter: The wheels start to turn
19th chapter: Secrets of the past
20th chapter: Feelings ablaze
21st Chapter: Fallen one
22nd Chapter: An alarming meeting
23rd Chapter: Seeking answers
24th Chapter: Unfolding mysteries
25th Chapter: Let's eat some cake
26th chapter: Friendly advice
27th chapter: Taking action
29th chapter: To each his own
30th Chapter: Recollections of the past (part one)
31st Chapter: Recollections of the past (part two)
32nd chapter: Broken heart
33rd chapter: The world's destruction
34th Chapter: Goodbye!
35th chapter: Dawn of a new day
36th chapter: Epilogue
Thank you note

28th chapter: Advancing towards the end

8 2 0
By MiaSousa

Mia's PoV

"The time has come, rise guardian and awake from your slumber!"

I was awoken by a strange voice that spoke with me through my dreams. I no longer knew what was going on around me. According to Serenia, Heart's mother and queen of the spirits, my additional power could be the ability to foresee the future through my dreams but lately all that I dreamed about where strange images that I could not decipher, that strange pair of golden wings that stayed imprinted on my mind and finally a strange female voice that always told me to awake from my slumber.

Ever since Heart come back from the spirit world, a couple of weeks ago, I would always dream about the same thing no-stop, the attacks in the school seemed to have ceased but that didn't calm me, instead it put me in an never ending alert state and I was getting more and more tired with every passing day.

I was so tired and confused, and for the first time ever since I had become a guardian I felt lost and without a purpose. It wasn't as if before I knew what I was doing but rather I just let myself go along with the flow and do what I had to do, however, right now I didn't even know if walking forward – which was inevitable – was the right thing to do.

I got out of bed and went downstairs to go get myself a glass of milk and hopefully calm my stomach so that I could find some comfort and maybe fall asleep. The house was oddly quiet, no sound could be heard. As the morning animals we humans were, the silent night could be seen as a dangerous thing and so the body reacted in a wearily way. It was during the night that our senses would work at max whenever an odd sound was heard, a strange smell reached our nose or... and eerily presence was felt.

I immediately placed the empty glass on the kitchen counter and hurried up the stairs to my room. Opening the blinds and the window I stared outside spotting the oddly green light coming from the distance, judging from the position I'd say it was coming from–

"The school!" Heart exclaimed behind me.

"You felt it too?" I asked as Heart approached the window and looked below.

"And it appears I was not the only one."

Below us, on the streets, a number of people were leaving their homes and walking towards the green light, if I didn't know better I would say they were the students that had been previously controlled.

Grabbing a jacket from my closet I put it on and looked at the clock. It was 4:15 a.m. which meant I had less than two hours to put everything back together before almost everyone from the city started to wake up and notice their children missing, my mother included.

"Let's go, Heart!" I exclaimed walking hastily towards the doors of my room.

"Wait, we might wake your mother up." he warned stopping me by placing his hand on my shoulder.

"What do you suggest then?" I asked and Heart smiled mischievously.

Grabbing me in a bride style he warned me to hold on tight and jumped out of the window from the second floor giving me the fright of my life.

"Please don't do that again." putting me down as my bare feet touched the cold ground, I pleaded and he just smiled.

"I cannot promise."

Reyen's PoV

I couldn't sleep. My brain was playing tricks on me. Every time I tried to close my eyes I would hear a voice whisper not yet and be forced awake. I didn't know what was going on but it was surely not something I had ever heard about.

Tossing around the bed I got irritated and got up. I went towards the bathroom and didn't even bother to turn on the lights, I knew that it would only pain my eyes seeing as they were already used to the darkness, but there was no need either way because there was enough light coming from the smoked window of my bathroom, a strange light. Intrigued by what it might be I returned to my room and opened the window advancing to the balcony.

Through the tall buildings it was impossible to perceive the exact location from where the light was coming but one thing I was sure, that direction lead to the school.

When I was about to get back inside and think about what I should do, I heard Jeremy's door closing and saw him leaving and walking towards the light's direction. Without a second thought I grabbed the ring Ethereal, the king of the spirits had given me and put on my red snickers leaving the house and following after Jeremy.

Mia's PoV

Heart and I had finally arrived at the location from where the strange green light was being emitted and we hadn't been wrong: it was indeed the school.

As the minute passed by, more and more students arrived at the site, some were gathering in front of the school while others went inside.

"It's like almost every student is here!" I commented observing from a distance with Heart. "What do they want?"

"About that, I think we will soon find out. Come!" and pulling me towards the corner of the street where the horizontal and vertical road leading to the school united, Heart squatted down telling me to do the same.

"Heart, why are we hiding?" I asked and Heart gestured to the open roof of the school.

Despite the odd green light emitting from the building like smoke, it wasn't easy to distinguish the facial features and details but even so, upon looking at the silhouette up in the roof I knew to whom it belonged to immediately.

"Klaud." I said and Heart nodded.

"So that's the bastard controlling Jeremy!" a voice behind me rang and I was taken aback.

"Reyen?" both Heart and I couldn't help say.

"Hey there! You didn't think that I'd leave all the fun to you, did you?" he declared with a smile.

Surprisingly despite what was happening he kept his good humour and that was something that made me appreciate him even more.

"How come you are here?" Heart questioned, though I too wanted to know.

"Something kept me wake. I then saw a light and caught Jeremy leaving the house... oh crap!" Reyen stopped looking around frenetically. "I lost Jeremy!" he exclaimed face palming.

"Do not worry. I have a feeling we will find him."

"Or he will find us." I added aware this wouldn't be a small confrontation.

Heart's PoV

"We cannot stay here all night." I pointed out and Mia and Reyen agreed.

"We have to act but we don't know what will happen if we do." Mia said exposing the problem at hands.

"Well, I have a hunch that this Klaud guy isn't only gathering the students because he wants an audience." Reyen proclaimed and I couldn't help but agree with him.

"He probably intends to use them because he knows we will not be able to hurt them."

"Ha! Jokes on him because in my case there really are a few people I wouldn't mind knocking out." Reyen enthusiastically spoke which somehow made Mia laugh. "See, Mia knows what I'm talking about."

"Oh Reyen," with a smile on her lips Mia called "we can't do that."

"She is right." I joined in but Reyen didn't back down.

Seeing how hard he was concentrating I quickly understood he was trying to use father's ring to call forth a weapon, but what came out surprised both Mia and I.

"A frying pan?" Mia asked but soon started to laugh not being able to hold it in. "Don't tell me you want to knock them out with a frying pan."

"That's correct." Reyen chirped in.

"You are taking your jokes too far. This is no child's play. This is serious!" I scolded him unsatisfied by the fact he was taking this matter too lightly.

"But I am serious. Look, a frying pan won't kill only leave a bump at most but if used with enough strength it can knock a guy out." Reyen explained and I ended up giving in.

"You could have thought about a sword with reverse blade – one that cannot cut – though." I let out with a sigh.

"I'll leave the swording to you seeing as you are clearly better at it than I."

"That is not even a word." I complained.

"Oh going fancy on me now, are you?" Reyen argued back.

"Guys, no time for that!" Mia warned coming between Reyen and I and flicking both of our foreheads. "Reyen are you sure about this? Once we go inside neither of us knows what will happen. We will be putting our lives at risk." with the intense serious expression that only she could have, Mia addressed Reyen.

"I am not backing down. I'm doing this. I'm going to save Jeremy!" Reyen claimed with a convicted expression.

Just like that time when Mia had been kidnapped there was nothing that could be said that would stop him but this stubbornness of him only made me acknowledge him much more.

"Then are we all ready?"

"What about you?" Reyen asked.

"I'm okay Reyen. I have improved. I can now regulate the amount of energy I use so I can create a sphere with just the right amount of power to knock them out without endangering their lives." Mia explained.

"Oh, that's impressive! I always knew you were an amazing girl." Reyen complimented Mia to which she answered with a thank you.

"Let's not waste any more time. We are in a race against the clock." Mia pointed out facing the school ready to take action.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.3K 536 67
"Upstairs!" I hear a yell and pounding footsteps. I crawl out of the window until I'm hanging from my hands. I take a breath. I let go. ~ Living in a...
72.7K 4.2K 41
*Highest Ranking: #26 in Science Fiction!* Being a freak is an understatement when you're a seventeen-year-old who can read minds. Mia Parker though...
610 37 28
Dovelyn isn't your average teenage girl. Secrets were kept and lies were told. Will Dovelyn be able to defeat the darkness? Who will she loose in the...
140 36 36
When Julianna was four, she witnessed her mother murdered in a mugging gone wrong, a murder that her guardian angel wasn't able to stop. However, du...