Killer

By AstralShadows

A mysterious girl with a mysterious past is contacted by the king of hell himself. It was supposed to be an... More

Mysterious Girl, Deceived.
Interrogation.
Impressions.
Indulgences.
Confessions.
A Favor For Those Who Deserve It.
Finding Family.
Betrayed.
Our Bet And His Present.
Hunting Ghosts.
Coexistence.
Runaways.
No Chick Flick Moments.
Barton Hollow.
Family.
My Way Home.
Little Games.
Surprises Come In Pairs.
Conversations And Bedtime Stories.
Beauty In The Breakdown
The Truth About Purgatory.
Of Love And Pie.
About Her (Swan Song)
Family Begins With Love.
Epilogue: Honeymoon.
Author's Note.
Author's Note: Part Two!

Crashing Down.

1.1K 60 18
By AstralShadows

I'd armed myself with a bat and an exorcism pre recorded on my phone. I didn't want to hurt Dean, but I may not have a choice.  Sam found another room for me to hide in.  Dean would know which room was mine. Sam locked the door and told me to run if Dean found me. I agreed as I felt a shakiness in my body. Sam ran off as the lights flicked off.  Red emergency lighting came on.  Footsteps carried through the hall. There was an odd rhythm to their movement.

"Sam, Sam," Dean's voice echoed. It was haunting, it wasn't his, "when I'm done with ____ we should really have a chat."

Something scraped against the walls as a door slammed open, my body tensed.  My hands were shaking as I stepped away from the door. I held my breath.  I heard his laughter through the halls.  It was unsettling.

"Oh, ____," his voice almost sang my name, "seems we need to talk huh?"

"Shit," I hissed.

"Dean!" Sam's voice called out.

"You done running?" he paused, his voice right outside of the room I was in, "I'm close, aren't I?  That's why you are coming to me."

"This isn't you, Dean."

"You sure? There is so much anger already in here.  And we all know I'm not father material."

His foot slammed into the door as I jumped back.  With another kick the door flung open.  My body tensed as Dean's bright green eyes flashed black.  A smile broke across his face. His mouth opened slightly.  His hand holding up the positive pregnancy test. My throat gulped as I held tighter to the bat in my hand.

"Dean," I said, "I know you're in there."

"You know I never realized just how much you were holding me back.  I should thank Crowley for splitting us up.  And when I heard you were back from Purgatory I had to come see you again," he said.

"I'll send you to hell myself.".

"Oh, you won't hurt me in this meat suit. And if you exorcise me, well, I'll just come back."

"Why do you even want to do this?  I'm not bothering you. I'm not hunting you down."

"Honestly?"

"Yes, we used to get along."

"To prove I'm really a demon to Crowley. He's a fan of my work so far," he paused, "and because I think it'll be fun to see you and Dean squirm at the same time."

"You piece of shit."

"He's so noisy too.  Don't hurt her. If you touch a single hair on her head I'll kill you myself," his voice mocked, "you do know he doesn't want that kid.  You can't have nice things in this life.  Especially something so needy, so fragile."

"Dean, you're stronger than this, you can beat it."

Sam appeared in the door and started the exorcism.  Dean turned his head and sent his brother flying back.  Sam hit the wall hard. His body slumped to the ground. I pushed past Dean and took off down the hallway.  He stepped into the hallway with an eerie grin.

"Aw, how did you know I'd enjoy this more if you ran?" he called out.

His footsteps followed where I had ran to.  He heard a door shut and turned around.  His feet carried him in that direction as he found his way back to his room. The door was shut.  He stood in front of it for a moment before opening the door. His eyes scanned the room as he walked in.  He picked up a gun on the desk.

"You're right. That is a little messy."

His hand grabbed a knife and walked out of the room.  I lunged at him aiming the demon killing knife at a non vital point in his body. His hand grabbed mine as he smirked.

"Dean, please, I know you're in there. Please try to beat this thing," my voice begged.

"He's trying, but will he be able to do it in time?  Probably not."

"____?" Sam called, "where are you?"

My mouth opened as Dean's hand placed over my mouth, pushing me into his room. I hit my back on the wall as I quickly brought the blade to his neck. He smiled noticing my shaky hand.

"Go ahead. I know you won't do it," he smiled.

"You don't know that," I said steadying my hand.

His neck leaned into it. But I pulled the blade away slowly.  He frowned like he was disappointed in me. A fist crashed against my face.  He grabbed the back of my head and dragged me into the bathroom.

"Look at how pathetic you are," he growled, "you are weak and useless.  You are nothing without me. And man, could we have been great?" his hand guided my head into the mirror. It cracked as the motion repeated a few more times.  "You can't even fight back.  You won't even fight back."

"I don't want to hurt Dean."

"He's why you are so weak.  Of course you fell in love. And what now? Raise a brat in this hell hole? Would you raise them as a hunter? Damned to this life before it starts. You hated your childhood how could you do that to a kid?"

"It's none of your business."

"I'm it's father, it kind of is."

The demeanor changed completely.  He let go of my hair and stepped back.

"Dean?  You...its you, right?" I asked.

"Yes. I'm sorry. I can't hold this for long. Go find Sam, he'll keep you safe."

"Dean, I-"

"Stay safe. Please."

"Exorcizamus te, omnis immundus spiritus-" I began.

"Kidding," he smiled, stepping forward driving a knife into my body just below my stomach, "see now he can just shut up about how bad of a father he'd be. And I'll do you a favor," he twisted the knife around as I cried out, "now you won't have to worry about this again. If you survive, and you won't want to. Because I am going to make your life hell."

My teeth grit together as my hand grabbed his shoulder tightly. The knife withdrew from my body. It then dragged down my arm as my body weakened with the pain. Dean's head flung back as a dark cloud left his body. As he collapsed to the ground. He held his head as I took a step forward.  I walked into the hallway.  My hand pressed against the wound while I tried to find Sam. My body leaned into the wall.  I hadn't made it far before Dean walked out of the room. He started towards me. My body slumped onto the ground. Sam rounded the corner and rushed to my side.  Dean knelt down and tried to touch my shoulder.  I shrunk away from his touch. He pulled his hand away immediately as my body buried into Sam's as I burst into tears.

"What happened?" Sam asked.

"It wasn't me," Dean immediately defended himself.

"Can you just take me to get patched up?" I asked Sam timidly.

"I'll drive," Dean said.

Sam helped me up as we walked up the stairs, every movement driving pain through my entire body.  I shook as we got into the impala. Dean drove like a maniac to get us there.  He kept peering into the backseat. My eyes dodged his.  I knew it wasn't him, but I couldn't unsee what did.  And I surely couldn't put those words behind me. There was probably a truth to them.  Why would he want a kid in this life? Would I have even wanted that? But we didn't get to make that choice.  My eyes closed as I leaned on Sam.  Maybe this time I wouldn't wake up. Part of me wanted that. To not have to deal with the mess of emotions waiting on the other side of waking up again. Sam shook me as we were pulling into the parking lot. Dean stopped at the entrance as Sam got out of the back calling for help.  My skin was pale as blood stained my clothes. Dean frowned as he looked away from the people rushing out and put me on a gurney.  They stopped Sam from following me.  They asked him what happened. He told them they saw me being attacked, but the guy ran off before they could get a good look.

"Do you know her?" a detective asked having to come in because of the situation.

"She was in our protective custody," Dean said flashing his badge, "she snuck away it just happened so fast."

"Well, I'm sure your bosses won't be too happy about this. We'll do what we can on our end but we don't usually try to get in the FBI's way."

"Thank you," Sam said, "please let us know if you find anything."

Dean sat in a chair staring straight ahead.  His eyes were unfocused.  Sam sat next to him and picked up a magazine.  He flipped through it half heartedly trying to ignore the situation.  Dean rest his face into his hands. His hands shook. If he could smash this waiting room to pieces he would have.

"Dean," Sam began.

"Don't, Sam, just don't."

"There's still a chance it's still there.  You guys could-"

"Shut up, Sam!"

Dean had jumped to his feet and grabbed his brother by his shirt.  His hand had pulled back into a fist. But the looks from the other people waiting made him let go.  He said an almost silent sorry before walking away.  Sam watched him pace around outside. His hands dragged across his face before spitting stands of expletives at the night sky.  It was quite a few hours when Sam woke to a touch on his shoulder.  A doctor stood there Sam jumped up.

"Your partner left a while ago," the doctor explained, "these things happen with sensitive cases like this, right? The person gets attacked."

"Sometimes," Sam answered, "how is she?"

"Touch and go for a while in the surgery," the doctor said leading him towards the room, "there was a fair amount of damage to her internally.  I'm not sure if she told you two about her pregnancy, but she was lucky to not have lost the child.  It was still early enough, but that doesn't mean the trauma may not cause a miscarriage. But she should make a full recovery.  A few minor stitches from the glass embedded in her skin. Luckily her brain activity seems normal.  But she may have a few side effects from the minor concussion.  But like I said, overall we expect a full recovery," he explained as he motioned to a door.

"Thank you," Sam said.

"She will probably sleep for awhile especially with the painkillers. If you're here when she wakes up just let one of us know."

"Of course."

Sam walked into the room and sat in a chair near the bed.  He looked at me sleeping.  His hand pulled out his phone.  He dialed his brother and put the phone to his ear.

"What?" Dean slurred.

"Dude, are you drunk?"

"Maybe."

"You're going to have to deal with this at some point."

"I am."

"I mean sober. And with her.  You should be here."

"I can't drive there, Sammy, I'll come by in the morning."

"Well, stop drinking, get some sleep and be here in the morning."

"Yeah," Dean said before ending the call.

Sam sighed and shoved the phone in his pocket. He sat back in the chair.  He fell asleep in the early morning hours. Loud beeping and hurried footsteps woke him as he stood up. Blood stained through the thin cloth I was in. Doctors and nurses rushed around me as they hurried me out of the room. They told Sam briefly I was going into surgery again. He walked back to the waiting room.  The clock read six thirty four in the morning.  He saw his brother pulling up as promised. Dean looked like hell.  He parked the car and headed toward the entrance. Sam met him outside and took the keys from him.

"What's going on?" Dean asked.

"She went back into surgery. I'm heading back for some sleep."

"I'll go with you."

"No," Sam snapped, "you are staying here and waiting. You are going to be here when she wakes up.  She is going to need you here. Not me.  And I'm not letting you touch any alcohol until you two have dealt with this."

Sam turned and got in the car he pulled off leaving Dean standing in the parking lot. After a moment he walked inside.  He resumed his spot waiting in the same chair.  Around noon he looked up to see a doctor walking over. He wore bloodied scrubs and a solemn expression.

"Go to someone else, go to someone else," Dean said under his breath.

"Agent, I see you relieved your partner," the doctor said.

"Uh, yeah, how is she?"

"She is fine for now.  Some of the internal wounds reopened early this morning. It's really up to her at this point.  She's been out for a few hours but we wanted to make sure she was stable first."

"Can I see her?"

"This way."

Dean followed the doctor.  Every step increasing the guilt in his chest.  The doctor stopped at the doorway and motioned to Dean.  He walked in cautiously.  His eyes traced the room, but refused to fall onto my figure.  Finally he looked up at me. My body still, except for the slight moving of my chest with each breath. His legs wanted to move closer, but he hesitated to do so.  He sat down in the chair and took my hand into his.  He broke down as tears flowed freely from his eyes. He apologized profusely before begging me to keep fighting. To stay with him. But those words never fully reached me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.1K 4K 32
It was an ordinary night of studying when you get a call from your friend. She had met two devilishly handsome men at the bar and wanted you to come...
958 42 20
~Wherever you are, wherever you go, may your Guardian Angel always be with you.~ For Sam and Dean Winchester, flirting with danger has never been an...
146K 3.1K 24
"Do you have to leave?" I asked him, Deans breath fanned my face with his hands on my hips. I hated when he left for the weekend. I was lonely. Final...
2.9K 119 15
During a dangerous case with Sam and Dean something goes wrong and Castiel goes missing, this isn't like the other times Cas has disappeared, this is...