Maid For Me

By theprettybadwriter

*Edited* Highest Rank: #56 in Romance // A rich guy wants a friend, to end his loneliness... A girl ne... More

Characters
How It Started
Job
Distractions
A Talk With Peyton
Slowly Changing
The Things I See
Marissa's Party
News About Ryan
Realisations
His 'Best Friend'
A Tiny Question...
What Changes Everything
Visions
See For Myself
Something For You
Lo Que Sea Sera
Results
A/N+Q&A
While We're Apart
Save Me Please...
You And I
Epilogue
Front Cover Deciding- I need ur help plz

"Too Much"

7.5K 376 60
By theprettybadwriter

Noah's POV:

I held in a painful groan, as the bandage was tightened around my arm.

"Good?" the doctor asked.

"Too tight," I replied.

"Ok let me fix it up," he said.

Peyton had a look of guilt on her face. She told me she felt bad for me, and that most of what had happened was her fault. But it was all okay now. The man was taken to jail and was being dealt with, and no one was seriously hurt. Peyton watched as the doctor loosened the bandage around my arm.

"I'm so sorry Noah," she whispered.

"It's okay Peyton. There's nothing to be sorry about...it isn't your fault," I demanded.

I got up and thanked the doctor for helping me. Peyton walked beside me, holding onto my hand softly. I stroked the back of her hand with my thumb and she looked up at me. Just then phone rang. She never gets calls, so she seemed surprised. She pulled out her phone and answered it quickly.

"Hello? Oh, hi Dr Nickolas...I actually happen to be in he hospital right now. Ok, I'll be there in a minute," she said.

"Dr Nickolas right? What does he want?" I asked.

"He wants to talk to me...alone," she replied.

"Oh. I'll wait for you in the waiting room," I offered.

Peyton nodded her head and agreed. I had no idea why it had to be private, but I didn't want to be so nosey. I sat down in the waiting room and watched as she walked into the room, before she closed the door. I leaned my head back and pulled out my phone. I had a text from Marissa, so I opened it.

Marissa: Hi Noah! How's it all going with Peyton?

Me: We're doing fine...

Marissa: Why are you being so dry?

Me: I just keep remembering that Peyton isn't going to stay with me forever. It keeps popping up in my head and it stresses me out a lot...

Marissa: Just...try not to think about it too much. There's still quite some time before her brother wakes up...

Me: Yeah, I guess you're right. I just don't know how things are gonna be without her. I feel like I'm more complete when she's around. I don't know how to describe that feeling, but I just don't wanna let her go...

Marissa: You're making me feel so bad for you. I know you love her so much, but sometimes you just gotta let things go. It can't all last forever...

Me: Gee thanks...that's you know...very comforting...

Marissa: I know...

Me: Perhaps you aren't familiar with the term sarcasm...

Marissa: Oh shut up Noah Grey. What I'm trying to say is...you shouldn't have gotten too attached, because now you're going to regret it. I saw a quote once that said " Don't trust too much. Don't love too much. Don't hope too much. Because that 'too much' can hurt you so much..."

Me: You're right. I did get too attached. But if anyone was in my place, they would be too. How can someone not fall in love with her. She is the most amazing girl in the world...

Marissa: I'm not trying to make you feel bad Noah. You just have to remember that it's just how things are...and there isn't a way we could change it around...

Me: Thanks for trying to help Marissa. I'll talk to you later I guess...

Marissa: Bye Noah

Me: Bye...

Peyton walked out of the room, her face pale ad shocked. She stood there for a few moments, before she looked at me. I got up and walked towards her, taking her hand in mine. She didn't move an inch, as if she was somewhere in her own world. I tapped her shoulder gently, and she snapped back to reality.

"What's wrong Peyton?" I probed.

"Oh, nothing," she replied.

"What'd Dr Nickolas say?" I asked.

"Not much. He just spoke about how Ryan's injuries are healing, and that he sadly still needs to do him surgery when he wakes up. I just...remembered that Ryan has a high chance of dying, so I got a little upset," she managed to say.

"Don't be upset Peyton. Remember what I told you last time. Don't lose hope..." I reminded her.

Don't hope too much. Because that 'too much' can hurt you so much...  I fell silent and walked with Peyton out of the waiting room. She wrapped her arm around my waist and sighed. She didn't say anything while we drove home, and neither did I. It was an awkward silence between the two of us, and I didn't know whether or not I wanted to break it.

When we got home, it was night already, and we both went to our rooms without saying a single thing. I lay down in my bed and sighed. Why were we acting so weird? I kind of felt bad for not speaking to her. After five minutes of thinking, I stood up and walked towards her room. I opened the door, ready to tell her a 'sorry' or 'goodnight'. But I just stood there silently, staring at her. She was sitting in front of her suitcase with all her things packed.  

"Peyton...what are you doing..." said, my word trailing off.

"I...I'm sorry Noah. I didn't want to say this at the hospital in front of everyone...so I'll tell you know. Ryan woke up...and I just got a call from the hospital saying that I have time to speak to him before surgery..." she explained.

"So...you're going to leave me..." I managed to say.

"Noah please. Don't make this harder than it already is for me. I don't want to leave you...and I never would want to. But I have no choice. It isn't up to me Noah..." she sobbed.

My heart dropped. She was leaving...this was real. Don't love too much. I felt like I was lifeless...like there was no point living this moment. Tears were forming in my eyes. I was crying. Something that I don't do unless I'm really hurt. And if this isn't "really hurt" then I don't know what is. Peyton walked towards me and looked into my eyes, crying as well.

"I don't want to leave this place. But I have to. I must go back to Ryan. But it doesn't change who you were to me Noah. I want to thank you for everything. For all the words you told me and for all the help you gave. You showed me that it's possible to be happy, even when it seems that everything is going wrong. If I didn't have you in my life...then I would never have learnt that. I am leaving, but all the memories of you will never leave me..." she whispered.

She wrapped her arms around me tightly, crying into my shirt. I hugged her back, tighter than I ever have before. This is probably our last hug ever. This could be the last moment I ever spend with her.

"I'll always remember who you were to me Noah Grey..." she said.

"And I'll always remember who you were to me Peyton. I've always dreaded this moment. I knew that there would come a time where the two of us will leave one another. You were the one that made me happier, and I'll never forget that about you. When you go, keep in mind that I'll never forget you, and that I love you so much Peyton Wells," I whispered.

She let go of me, her face covered with tears. She picked up her suitcase and went downstairs, walking out and getting in a taxi that was waiting for her outside. I dropped to my knees, letting the pain slowly take over my thoughts...

Peyton's POV:

My heart was heavy, and I felt like I was carrying a tonne of bricks on my back. I left Noah Grey. I left somebody who loved me so much, and who I loved back. When I got to the hospital, I headed towards Ryan's room, dropping my suitcase at the door. There he was...alive. Awake. He looked it my direction shocked, managing to open his arms out. I ran towards him and hugged him tightly, tears gushing down like waterfalls.

"I was so worried about you Ryan! You don't even understand how hard it's been without you! How much nights I've spent thinking about you...hoping you're okay!" I cried.

"I missed you too Peyton. I'm sorry I made you go through all this. I know I'm stupid and that I should've been more careful, but it just happened..." he sobbed.

"Don't say that Ryan. It was never your fault..." I whispered.

He let go of me, tears in his eyes. I moved his brown hair away from his face, placing a kiss on his forehead. A look of worry and guilt was on his face. I gave him the 'what's wrong' look, waiting for a reply.

"I heard the doctor talking to a nurse about my surgery. H-h thought I was asleep, but I wasn't..." he managed to say.

I fell silent. He heard what the doctor said. This can't be good. Ryan lifted his hand and wiped the tears from his eyes. He looked so hurt, and I was hurt deep inside. Remembering it all in this situation wasn't helping. He stared into my eyes, letting out a small sigh.

"I'm going to die Peyton...right..." he said.

It was all too much to handle. I sat down on a chair next to his bed, holding onto his hand tightly. Don't lose hope... I told myself. I stared at Ryan, trying to stop tears from falling out of my eyes. I shook my head slowly, taking a deep breath in.

"No you're not going to die Ryan. You aren't gonna die. You're going to live...and you are going to be happy...get married and have a great future. You can't die Ryan...I need you..." I sniffed.

"There's no point denying it Peyton. I know can't hide the truth. I don't want to die either. I don't want you to live the rest of you're life alone and heartbroken. You spent all your time making sure that you could take care of me. And let me tell you this...you did a great job. I want to thank you for everything you've done for me. All the hard work you did to make sure I could live a happy teenage life. You're the best sister in the world Peyton..."

"And if the worst happens. If I do die...then I don't want you to stay upset forever. I want you  to be happy...I want you  to fall in love and get married...and I want you  to have a great future. Just keep in mind...that if I were alive...I would have been there..." he sobbed.

I hugged Ryan again. My sixteen year old brother...could die. I found that too hard to accept. He hugged me back, placing a kiss on my cheek. He was making it so much harder for me. I shook my head and sniffed again.

"You can't die Ryan...please. I lost mum and dad, and I don't wanna lose you too. I don't want to feel all that pain over and over again. Listen to me...I can't lose you. You are going to go into that surgery...and you are going to hold on..." I whispered.

"I love you Peyton..." he cried.

"Me too Ryan..." I said.

The nurse walked in and told me that Ryan had to go do the surgery now. He looked at me, his face full or fear and worry. He was taken into the surgery room, and I followed him before they stopped me at the door. He looked back at me and forced out a smile.

"Thanks for everything Peyton. Mum and dad would've been proud..." he whispered.

"Hold on Ryan...you can do this..." I told him.

And with that I gave Ryan's hand one last squeeze before they took him into the surgery room and closed the doors...

***********************************************

A/N

End of chapter! I hope you enjoyed it. Comment down below what you think. By the way, just keep in mind that we are quite close to the end of he book...so yeah. We're almost done here.

Today's Special reader is Royal9911. She also writes stories and they are just...AMAZING!!!! She has three... 'Never Give Up', 'First Look' and 'His Little Fan Boy'. I am a big fan her books, go check them out coz they're great. If you don't...I will hunt ya downnnnnnnnn! I will find you...and I'll ask you to read them personally...coz killing is kinda harsh.

Well thanks again for the support, and thanks for 43K! highest rank until now was #73 in Romance. It's not a lot, but I'm still happy with it. I love you all so muchhhh xxx

-Reem <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.5M 2.7K 6
Brielle Newman A 21-year-old girl who was struggling to make life comfortable for herself and her niece, Delilah. Her sister left the baby the minute...
49.4K 2.2K 48
"Can a Man be complete for a Woman? Can he vanish away her pain?" . . Let's Find out!! -Self ...
182K 6K 39
"What do you mean I have to live in New York?!" "Honey, your grandma is very sick and we have to fly out to Canada to take care of her, but we don't...
200K 2.7K 44
Hate; feel intense or passionate dislike for (someone or something) Carter Shay is a seventeen year old girl who's grown up with everything handed to...