The Selection

Galing kay TrulyMe18

If there was a competition to win the prince's heart and become the queen wold you enter? it seems like a sim... Higit pa

The Letter
The Report
Not My Decision
Dreaded Words
The Send Off
The Palace
Midnight Wandering
Giggling Girls
First Impressions
Pancakes
The Women Room
Unwelcome Feelings
Meeting The Princess
Unexpected Visitor
Night Visitor
The Prince's First Date
Motherly Advice
Aftermath
The Change
Blame
The Morning After
Seating Plans
New Arrival
Confessions
Not So Friendly
The Report
Sequel!!!
New book

First Report

11.6K 265 62
Galing kay TrulyMe18

Today has been exactly the same as yesterdays. Getting dressed, eating and then mindless conversations in the women room. Instead today something was different but I couldn't put my finger on it. Looking around, the room seemed less crowded.

"Did you hear Lola Crawford got sent home last night?" Elise whispers.

"So did Eliza Norwood. To be honest I never really liked either of them" Grace adds looking at each of us then shrugging her shoulders.

"How did they get kicked out?" I asked expressing my interest.

"Umm... I don't really know" Elise answers. Her expressions start to contort as she thinks upon this.

"They must have insulted the prince in some way" Amber suggests sipping her tea. She doesn't look too overly interested in the topic. We all go silent in thought.

"Ladies, ladies" Julia raises her voice trying to gain our attention. "Later on this evening we will be recording the report. As this is the first report you will be on there are no interviews we are just playing footage from your makeovers to introduce you all to the public. Please be prompt at the recording studio at 4pm sharp. Ladies should never be late" And with than she leaves. As if a wave had crashed over us we all stay silent for just a few moments before voices erupt.

"Oh my gosh, I'm going to go and get ready right now" Elise exclaims jumping up and practically running off. It seems that all the girls had the same idea.

"Come on you don't want to be rushed to get ready" Grace takes my hand and practically drags me towards the door.

"But It's only one o'clock" I argue crossing my arms and pouting childishly.

"Whatever you say" Grace laughs running off. Sighing in relief I go back to my usual spot at the windowsill. Looking out of the window I feel the sun warming my face and smile to myself. I might actually miss this part of the competition. After a few minutes I figure the girls will be waiting for me in my room so I reluctantly sit up and walk down the corridor humming to myself. I'm just about to turn the corner when I get distracted by a bird out of the window and walk straight into the wall. Really? Why does this keep happening? One day my clumsiness might just kill me.

"Tell me why we keep on meeting like this" a low voice laughs. Opening up my eyes I see a pair of dress shoes and internally curse. Thank you universe! note the sarcasm. I feel Like the universe has a personal vendetta against me.

"Umm.. I was just going to my room" I mumble getting up. Suddenly, I see an extended hand and to my surprise it's the prince. Sceptically I take it and he helps me up. But the weirdest thing  is not his help but the fact that we're still holding hands. Feeling that strange feeling flood my body I take back my hand and step away.

"Do you really think you need three hour to get ready?" Prince Cayden questions with a raised eyebrow and putting his hands in his pockets.

"No" I say before thinking. "But the girls probably want me" I quickly recover. This earns a confused look and I have to say this look doesn't look half bad.

"Who are 'the girls'" He questions scratching the back of his neck.

"Oh Anne, Gretel and Lucy" I say as if it's the most obvious thing ever. when his confusion doesn't change I figure out that he's going to need a little more explaining than what I've already said. "My maids" and as the words leave my mouth I can't help feel that they are much more than this. At least to me.

"Well let me walk you to your room" he offers. Seeing the apprehension on my face he quickly adds "I wouldn't want you to walk into anymore walls". And with that I laugh and except his arm. Maybe, just maybe he isn't the devil.

Entering my room I see an explosion of colourful dresses on the bed, the door handles and the  desk. No surface is untouched. Next thing I know I'm bombarded with dress and hairstyle choices by a frantic looking Anne.

"I thought you might want something colourful to standout or maybe something a bit more extravagant. Maybe you could wear a ballgown or just a short dress. I think your hair would look nice up and with dangling earrings and a good neckless or-" before she forgets to breath I stop her.

"Anne you need to relax we have over two hours to sort everything out" I try calming her.

"Sorry your right" she takes a deep breath.

"Let's go choose a dress" I suggest steering us towards the wardrobe. After arguing over dresses for over half an hour I have basically lost all interest.

"Please this would look amazing on you" Lucy has resorted to begging me. Looking at the blue dress in her hands it's not outrageously flashy and doesn't show off to much skin. What do I have to complain about?

"Fine I'll wear it" I give in, but seeing the smiles on all three girls faces makes it worth it.

All the girls are dressed in tight fitting dresses that have deep necklines and revealing slits. I scan the seemingly endless line of nearly identical dresses and am surprised that even Grace has followed this look, what is she thinking? Making my way to the front I receive glares from every girl I pass, these stop me mid step as return back to the end of the line. Nervously, I run my hands over my light blue dress and and can't help but to compare myself to the other girls. It doesn't help.

"Ok ladies once we enter each one of you will take a seat on the set and be quiet" Julia orders in her usual tone as she comes around the corner. As we all reply with a quick "yes" we are led into the recording room for the report. Being at the set that I've watched my entire life is slightly haunting. Following the stream of girls I make my way past the royal thrones, Gregory's white chair and then finally approached a set of chairs. Deciding to take one of the back seats I walk past Alice and her group as multiple girls arguing over seats closer to the prince. Are they being serious? The royals are sat on the opposite side of the room. I just hope I'm not noticed. Positioning myself in the corner I figure none will notice if I'm not paying any attention.

"We are going to be live in two minutes. All you have to do is stay quiet" Julia addressed us looking almost bored. We all nod and the hum of conversation continues, only a bit more hushed. Most of the conversations are about what's going to be on the report or how everyone looks. As I nervously tap my foot I overhear Alice's rude commentary on everyone else in the competition.

"- even tried to speak to me" her hight pitched voice travels to me. Having nothing else to do, and because I am vaguely interested, I decide to listen in. Alice's usually entourage over dramatically gasp in shock as she continues her rant, "who does she think she is?".

"I heard she only got in because they felt pity for her" Eva Bailey gossips causing the others to lean intently towards her.

"That would explain it" Alice laughs sitting back in her seat."You just wait, she'll be gone in a week", with that Eva and Lilly both erupt into fits of obnoxious giggles.

"Ladies quiet down" Julia scolds. From behind her I see Gregory walts onto the set followed by, what I guess to be the producer. Gaining everyones attention he begins to shout the countdown

"Three, two" his voice carries authority as he signals to the cameras with his fingers. All of the sudden the room goes silent as he mouths "one".

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen of Illea. Today we have a treat for you, a glimpse into the life of the selection. However before we get onto that the regular updates" Gregory gestures to the king. With all that was going on I hardly noticed them enter. As usual at this point I loose interest. Everyone knows the updates are going to be about New Asia and our 'alliance growing stronger'. After about half an hour of staring at the wall in front of me Gregory gains my attention. "Now onto the part everyone has been waiting for, the selection. Today we will be showing short snippets go each girls transformation and their intivew on their first day here. So sit down and enjoy the show". When he finishes all the monitors around the room switch to the prerecorded footage from days ago. Seeing the girls before their makeover makes me realise how much they've changed; some I can't even recognise. By watching the Interviews I begin to see a pattern of generic responses: 'I can't wait to meet the prince' or 'the prince seems so charming and cute'. However some are even bold to say that they already know they are going to win. Once we are about ten minutes in I realise we are near the end and let out a sigh of relief. hopefully this means they might not have time for my interview. I start to drift off and think about some of the thing I learned about the girls today: Amber has three younger sisters, A girl called Sadie plays the violin and all of Alice's groupies are twos but this doesn't surprise me at all.

All of a sudden I fell everyones eyes on me. Looking up at the monitor I see myself talking in my interview, compared to everyone's I look plain.

"If I don't like myself how can anyone else?" I hear myself saying . The next think I say seems to put everyone into shock. "After only meeting a few of the girls, I think so far Grace Barker has been nothing but an absolute sweetheart to every single person she's met and she would be the perfect queen. She's kind, caring and loves everyone no matter their differences. But of course it's not my decision". The uncomfortable atmosphere grows as everyone continues to blatantly stare at me. Another interview comes on and pulls everyones focus from me, well not everyone. I see Alice glaring at me and Grace staring in shock, seemingly frozen.

"Well they are special aren't they" Gregory smoothly grabs everyones attention. "It seems you have a difficult decision ahead of you" He comments now looking at the prince. As confident as ever the prince replies.

"I'm certain I'll make the right choice" He answers with a smirk. I keep my head down waiting for this all to be over.

"Of course your highness" Gregory says bowing his head and turning back to the cameras. "I know we didn't plan to interview any of you lovely ladies but one of you certainly grabbed my attention" he says addressing us. Panic starts to arrive within me. "Lady Emily would you like to come and take a seat?" with this my head snaps up and I see everyone staring at me with wide eyes. Knowing that there is no way to talk my way out of this, I nod and make my way towards Gregory and an empty seat is placed for me to sit. My heart pounds in my chest seeming to try and escape. I just want this to be over.

"How are you?" Gregory begins. Ok this is an easy one, I can do this.

"I'm good thank you" I reply politely.

"You look stunning " he comments . "I see you have changed your style a bit".

"Honestly the girls practically forced me into wearing this" I laugh at the memory from only a few hours ago. " If I could I would have come down in a simple day dress" I remark forgetting who I was talking to and where I am. Looking at Gregory I see a his smile broaden across his face.

"What I am really interested in is your previous interview we just saw. How come when you were asked what you want to say to the prince you talked about another girl?" he asks looking genuinely confused.

"Because she's a genuinely amazing person and I know she would be a great queen for Illea" I say simply, meaning every word. We need a queen like Grace.

"I see, but why not tell him about yourself?" Gregory insists upon the idea. Thinking about it I find my answer straight away.

"Well there's not really that much I can tell and when I thought about the hard decision Prince Cayden has to make I thought the thing he would really want to hear is some advice".

"Thanks for you time Lady Emily It was lovely meeting you" He says standing up and I follow suit, making my way back to my seat. "Sadly it is time to say goodbye until next week. Goodnight Illea." Gregory signs off the same as he does every week. Right now all I can think about is one thing.

Sleep.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

103 18 8
King Uther of Forland is old and failing. His grandson and heir, Prince Richard, lives the good life: anything that gives him an adrenaline rush. He...
319K 25.5K 35
A new system of marriage for the prince has been made in the kingdom Taraxac: The Dandelion System. When Karlina Dearcage makes a deal with the manip...
281K 11.9K 26
[COMPLETED] The royal palace was holding a competition choosing the most beautiful girls in the whole kingdom to compete. Their prize? Simple, they g...
282K 6.2K 49
Emily has made it all the way to the Elite without even really batting an eyelash in the prince's direction. Does she really want this, to be swept u...