killjoy || jjk

By taenology

a computer game can't hurt anyone, right? highest rankings: #23 in mystery/thriller #20 in horror #73 in fa... More

intro
十一
十二
十三
十四
十五
十六
十七
十八
十九
二十
二十一
二十二
二十三
二十四
二十五
二十六
二十七
二十八
二十九
三十
三十一
三十二
三十三
三十四
三十五
三十六
三十七
三十八
三十九
四十
outro
explanation + a/n
prequel
notice!
special chapter ; 一
special chapter ; 二
special chapter ; 三
outcast? killjoy?

Q&A

25.7K 1.6K 2.7K
By taenology

lettuce begin! - krist soup
-----

Q1. WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO WRITE THIS STORY?/ HOW DID YOU COME UP WITH THIS PLOT?

truth to be told, this story idea came to me in a dream. what really inspired me to write about it was my fascination with death games. putting your life on the line because of an innocent-like activity seems thrilling to me.

the WINGS album soundtracks gave me the idea of making them as 'levels'. i mean it's so suitable no? it's kind of dark in a way.

Q2. WHO IS UNKNOWN?

as some of you might have guessed, unknown is jungkook's alter ego. that is why unknown knows a lot about him, all of his secrets and innermost feelings. his dark side is being personified in the game as an unknown player. he's kind of like the devil on jungkook's shoulder.

in chapter 30, jungkook's last message was (: while unknown's was :). it shows that jungkook accepted his dark nature, embraced it. thus, reflecting his smiley face emoticon backwards.

Q3. DO YOU LOVE ME?

of course i do! always and forever~✨

Q4. WILL YOU MARRY ME???

put a ring on it gal 🌟 (you know who you are)

Q5. HOW COME TAE DIDN'T BECOME EVIL LIKE JUNGKOOK?

oHO believe me, he is evil. all soul reapers are,
because they killed the most. he doesn't seem like it in the story. what i wanted to show was how people off-screen might be very different from their on-screen personalities.

Q6. WHAT HAPPENED TO JENO?

he can be alive or dead. it's up to your imagination! his fate is unknown.

Q7. WHY CAN'T BTS REMEMBER JIMIN AFTER JUNGKOOK PLAYED LIE?

the game had to take something in return because he didn't die. his existence had to be erased to replace his death. so in a sense, he 'died' in everyone's memories.

the game has a tint of supernatural effects :)

Q8. WHY DID ALL OF THE BTS MEMBERS PLAY THIS GAME?

either to seek redemption to atone for their past sins or to have fun, because they are not in their right mind eeps.

Q9. WHAT WENT THROUGH YOUR MIND WHILE WRITING THIS?

"i need ramen help."

Q10. HOW CAN THE GAME TAKE OVER PEOPLE?

rather than the game taking over the players, it's more like heightening their evil senses.

taking control of their ability to differentiate what is right and wrong, throw them off balance and making sure the players forget what their morals are. the game is pure evil.

Q11. HOW THE HELL JIMIN BECOME SO EVIL THAT FAST?

he has always been this evil. reason? he is a straight up psycho.

Q12. WILL JENO KILL JUNGKOOK?

if he's alive eeps. *sweats*

Q13. HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF THIS AMAZING ASF BOOK TURNED INTO A MOVIE? BC IT TOTALLY SHOULD AND WOW ILYSM AND THIS BOOK AS WELL.

dawwww thank you for your love ;'' if it was turned into a movie, it would be interesting af! i can imagine it HAHAH i wonder if anyone would watch it hmmmm

Q14. WHY DID JIMIN SAY 'I MISS YOU' TO JUNGKOOK?

hint: busan boys + relationship drama ; jungkook moved to seoul and left jimin back in busan. the older followed him to seoul afterwards.

Q15. WHAT KIND OF MUSIC DID YOU LISTEN TO WHILE WRITING THIS? OR DID YOU PREFER SILENCE?

depends really. sometimes i write in silence or i listen to indie music/underground r&b songs. i recommend some tracks over at my personal book!

Q16. IF YOU EVER GOT A WRITER'S BLOCK FOR THIS STORY, HOW DID YOU OVERCOME IT?

to be very truthful, i never had a writer's block for this story ;;; the ideas just come.

Q17. IS JENO THE NEW SOUL REAPER? IF YES, WOULD JUNGKOOK DIE?

possible! if jeno becomes the new soul reaper, jungkook would most likely become a choice for players to choose his fate. without the game helping him to protect his life.

Q18. WHY CAN'T JUNGKOOK BE KILLED?

the game will protect the soul reaper as much as possible by default.

Q19. JOY, DID YOU NAME THIS STORY KILLJOY ON PURPOSE? HMMMMM

guilty as charged ;) i thought it was funny HAHAHAHHAHA i wanted to have a simple yet 'dark' name for this story.

since my name has (mostly) positive meanings so how about a negative one? bADUM TSS killjoy came about! and yes, i love puns.

Q20. DID SOMETHING HAPPEN TO JUNGKOOK IN THE PAST?

yep, something did happen to jungkook. actually, all of the bangtan members had something bad happen to them before. thus, they are broken/hurt/psycho due to their dark pasts.

Q21. WASN'T THERE ANY SORT OF AFFECTION/GUILT THAT CAME ACROSS JUNGKOOK WITH REGARDS TO EACH MEMBER'S DEATH?

initially yes, when jungkook discovered that he was the one who 'killed' jimin. but as time went on, he became heartless as the game consumed him.

Q22. IS JUNGKOOK CONTROLLED BY THE GAME?

yes and no. 50/50 is jungkook's dark persona while the other is the game which egged him on.

Q23. WHO RUNS THE GAME?/WHO CREATED THIS GAME?

no one knows :0

Q24. IF YOU'D GET A CHANCE TO PUBLISH THIS, WOULD YOU MAKE A NOVEL VERSION? CHANGING THEIR NAMES AND ALL THAT JAZZ

i would! but i feel that other people can execute this story wayyyy better than me but if i was given the chance, it wouldn't hurt to try :D

Q25. WHAT IS JUNGKOOK DOING WITH HIS MONEY?

probably saving up for his golden funeral in the future lol HAHAH

Q26. HOW DOES THE GAME WORK? LIKE, WHEN SEOKJIN WAS SELECTED BY JENO, HE IMMEDIATELY JUMPED OFF THE BRIDGE.

HOW DOES THE GAME DO THAT? DID THEY HAVE CHIPS IMPLANTED IN THEM OR SOMETHING?

it's supposed to be one of the mysteries of this story. the people didn't have chips implanted in them but the game has an unusual way of controlling the chosen people's deaths. the supernatural aspects of the game manipulate the surroundings + their mental state.

it's like the force of nature except that this game is all about death and punishment for those who sinned greatly. the game also 'arranges' the person's death by making it look like an accident/self-caused.

Q27. DOES JUNGKOOK HAS A STICK UP HIS ASS COS HE'S WILDIN

maybe HAHAHAHAHAHHA

Q28. IF THE GAME GETS AN UPDATE, WOULD IT HAVE TRACKS FROM YOU NEVER WALK ALONE?

;))))))

Q29. WHAT DID SEOKJIN DO THAT MADE HIM ONE OF THE CHOICES?

he did something terrible to others! not as bad as the rest but still made him one of the choices. hint: gluttony, his story will be revealed soon :)

Q30. WHAT'S J-HOPE'S REVENGE ABOUT?

hoseok just wanted to get back at yoongi for what he did. what yoongi did brought hoseok immense pain. so in return, he wanted yoongi to feel the same pain that he felt. so him telling yoongi that he killed his own boyfriend was the perfect revenge.

Q31. IS JENO THE SOLUTION TO ALL OF THIS?

he can be :D but it depends on whether he's alive to you.

Q32. HAVE YOU PLAYED THIS GAME?

i would never-

Q33. ARE YOU AWARE OF THE FACT THAT I LOVE YOU AND YOUR WRITING FOR THIS BOOK?

always💕

Q34. IS JUNGKOOK POSSESSED? OR DID HE TURN OUT LIKE THAT?

he's not possessed but he did turn out psycho in end. the game encouraged him to show more of his dark side. jungkook definitely changed, in the baddest way possible.

Q35. SOME OF THE MESSAGES DID NOT SEND, WHY?

ehhhh when it came to jungkook, the game helped him in his favor while the rest had bad wifi eeps >_<

Q36. WERE YOU INSPIRED BY DEATH NOTE?

truthfully no :0 death note was the last thing that came to my mind until you guys commented about it. but i do agree jungkook has some similarities to light yagami!

Q37. ARE YOU FROM BIGHIT COMPANY OR SOMETHING?

i come from a company called smallhit ;)

Q38. CAN YOU KILL YOUR OWN FAMILY?

yes, granted if they did somethings horrible enough to make themselves as choices for the game.

Q39. WHEN WILL JUNGKOOK STOP?

until the day he dies (probably)

Q40. WHY DIDN'T JUNGKOOK TELL JENO THAT HE WAS THE SOUL REAPER?

jungkook wanted to keep his identity a secret because like jeno, he knew that people would be vying for the title of the soul reaper and they would find ways to take his precious title away from him.

fun fact: if the title is taken away from the person, he/she will not have any protection from the game. they will be vulnerable.

Q41. WHO WAS THE FRIEND WHO INTRODUCED JENO TO THE GAME?

someone from nct dream :D

Q42. IF HOSEOK IS OUR HOPE AND ANGEL THEN WHY ARE ALL OF THEM DEAD AND I'M CRYING LIKE A PUSSY??

HAHAHAH i wouldn't say that hoseok is an angel in this story (and everyone else trolol) and don't cry gal!

Q43. WHY IS NO ONE SUSPICIOUS OF ALL OF THE DEATHS THAT HAPPENED?

WHAT KIND OF LIFE DID JUNGKOOK HAVE OUTSIDE OF THE GAME?

because all of the deaths are mostly considered unfortunate accidents/suicides and in a few cases, manslaughter. the game programmed the deaths in a way that no one would be suspicious of. 

as for your second question, jungkook is an emo student trying to get through life but his story will be revealed soon :0

Q44. HOW COME THE OTHER MEMBERS STOPPED AT A PARTICULAR LEVEL?

SINCE THE LAST ONE WAS JIN, DIDN'T HE HAVE TO GO THROUGH ALL OF THE OTHERS? WHY DIDN'T THEY DIE YET?

in the explanation, i mentioned that the players can choose to be 'stuck' at one level if they did not finish reading the text aka the lyrics of the track. jin did go through all of the tracks before ending up at AWAKE.

the members didn't die because they were lucky at the time. well, before jungkook entered the game.

Q45. WHY DID JUNGKOOK KILL THE REST OF THE MEMBERS? THEY DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG.

actually all of the members did horrible things so they would become choices for the game. and at that point of time, jungkook didn't know their real names.

i would say that the members became vvvv unlucky after jungkook started playing. he didn't feel any remorse after he discovered their actions + true selves because to him, they are filthy human beings. (like he isn't himself smh)

Q46. IF IT'S THAT EASY TO GET POINTS, (LOOKING AT A QUESTION AND DECIDING WHO TO DIE WITH JUST A SIMPLE CLICK) THEN WHY WAS JUNGKOOK THE SOUL REAPER?

OTHER THAN THE BANGTAN MEMBERS, IS THERE NO ONE ELSE WHO PLAYED BEFORE JUNGKOOK? IF SO, WITHOUT KNOWING THEY WERE KILLING PEOPLE, THEY COULD TAKE OUT A LOT OF PEOPLE TOO RIGHT?

good question! in this game, it may seem that it is really easy to obtain points but they are many factors that one has to consider. it mostly based on one's intuition and luck.

for example, if someone like jin who kept on choosing (or not, based on the question) the 'wrong' choices (choosing those who didn't escape death once or more, the death count won't count those), he would have a much lower count. not everyone can be like jungkook who is lucky + his intuition is spot on.

anyways, there are people other than the bangtan members who played before jungkook but the group is small. after jungkook killed off all of the bangtan members then the WINGS game started to gain popularity.

Q47. IS THERE A WAY TO ESCAPE DEATH? IF THE PLAYERS WERE CHOSEN TO DIE?

if a player is chosen by the game, he/she can say sayonara to their life :/ unless, the players encounter special and extremely rare cases like jimin's, then yes.

once chosen by the game, their death is inevitable. it can happen straight away or it can delay for a bit.

Q48. HOW WOULD THE STORY PLAY OUT IF YOONGI WAS THE SOUL REAPER?

i think the story will have two chapters only LOLOL

chapter 1: yoongi kills and 7 billion people die
chapter 2: the end

Q49. WHY IS IT THE NAME OF 'UNKNOWN'S CHATROOM' KEEPS ADDING A QUESTION MARK AS THE STORY PROGRESSES?

it's signalling another bts member's doom! that is when you know that someone is going to die~

the pictures are also hints!

Q50.  WHY DOES JUNGKOOK THINK THAT HE'S NEGLECTED THOUGH HE IS BEING TREATED WELL BY HIS PARENTS?

nahhhh, jungkook's family didn't treat him well that why he hates them. in chapter 28, it shows a bit of why jungkook hates them.

Q51. WILL THERE BE A SEQUEL?

i would say it's more of a prequel to explain each character's backstory. i am also planning to make a spin-off of this story!

-----------------------

thank you for the questions! hope that it's helpful :D if you have any other questions, feel free to ask here and i'll answer via each inline comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148K 8.5K 25
in which your love potion was drank by the wrong person, oh no! what to do?! © vmkwhore 2016 - 2017 highest rank: #681 in fanfiction
218K 21K 12
a simple game wasn't supposed to lead to a series of murders. © NATSUUFT. a bangtan fanfiction. completed.
287K 32.8K 33
"i'm not insane. i'm just afraid." highest rankings: #405 in mystery/thriller #835 in fanfiction cr. taenology || 2017
926K 53.7K 109
Be careful. He can see you. Highest rankings: #638 in Fanfiction, Tags: #40 in Psycho, #59 in Obsession #21 in Creepy #43 in Suspense #96 in Yandere ...