Vmin/Jikook || The Alpha's Lu...

By vixenfobia

He is one of the most beautiful and intelligent omega of their generation. But also uncommonly feisty and ver... More

#TAL
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
NOTICE
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
NOTICE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN

CHAPTER EIGHT

5.5K 378 174
By vixenfobia

CHAPTER EIGHT

"I'm sorry I... I felt a little territorial again."

Jimin can feel his brain-gears stuttering, slowly moving to process the familiar name he had just heard, before finding himself scrambling on his feet, shoving his Laws and Ethics handouts back in his backpack without so much care and ignoring the slight sting on his wrist when he accidentally scratched himself with the pointy lead of his mechanical pencil as he zipped his bag, pushing his chair back and dashing to the front door as fast as his legs could.

He only made it halfway when he saw the familiar tall stature of a boy walking to the café, hands tucked in a long blue coat's pockets, red beanie hiding the brownish-blondish color of his hair; and Jimin's initial reaction to that is to panic out of his wits. So he does the first thing that comes to mind: run to the nearest possible pseudo-hide-out: the counter; where Yoongi is currently putting the coffee cups' lids, careful not to spill a single hot drop anywhere near him.

Jimin promptly ignores the startled yelp Namjoon lets out when he ungraciously runs around, and the half-confused half-amused look Yoongi throws at him as he ducks behind the counter, curling his already small frame into a smaller ball under, hugging his knees onto his chest and putting his index finger on his lips in a wordless favor.

"Shh," he shushes quietly, peering at his beta friend from under his fringe. And as if on cue, he hears the familiar chime above the glass door ringing signaling a new customer, his shoulders immediately tensing with nerves.

Without his permission, his breath catches in his throat; the smell of strong black coffee and raindrops mixing in the coffee shop aroma like it belong there, almost homogenous. Jimin swallows painfully, eyebrows creasing at every footstep he hears approaching the counter.

"Oy, what's with him?" he hears Namjoon asks quietly and Jimin's internally thankful at the boy's obvious quick senses of the situation. He just looks klutz by first impression but was keen observer, Jimin thinks.

He sees Yoongi answers with a nonchalant shrug, eyes ahead as he toes Jimin with his shoe. Rude. "You know customers are prohibited behind this counter so you better explain things to me before I ban you here forever."

Jimin scowls at that, choosing to stay quiet as he hear the familiar footsteps, the centralized air-condition of the café carrying the familiar smell of strong black coffee and raindrops, sending him goosebumps.

"Min Yoongi."

"Jeon Jungkook," Yoongi greets at the new comer, shuffling on his feet and standing right in front of Jimin's curled form. There's a long pause before he hears Yoongi's voice again. "What's wrong?"

"Uh..." Jeon trails off, clearing his throat. Jimin bit his lower lip, closing his eyes and praying his heartbeat wasn't that loud to their enhanced hearing because he's not about to get caught by the rude alpha, sweet hell. "It's just the smell." The boy almost sounds embarrassed to Jimin's ears.

l

"Smell?" Yoongi asks, obviously amused. Jimin can't help but narrow his eyes at the playful tone of his beta friend. He's sure he's gonna get at least a ton of teasing for the next couple of days if Jeon doesn't shut up and drop the topic in the next ten seconds. "What's wrong with the smell of my café?"

"Ah, nothing!" Jeon answers immediately, almost sounding defensive. Jimin catch himself on time to avoid snorting. "Of course, nothing's wrong. It's just... it smells familiar?"

Yoongi snorts at that, bracing his arms on the edge of the counter and hunching as he laughs to mask his real intention of smirking at Jimin teasingly under the counter table and earning a glare from the boy. "Of course it'll smell familiar, Jungkook. You used to spend your whole day here whenever you want to skip classes."

There's a chuckle albeit a little awkward. "That's right."

"Anyway, cold Americano? Namjoon ordered it for you in advance."

"Oh, I'm finally included in this conversation?"

"Don't be petty," Yoongi deadpans before turning to the coffee machine and preparing the said drink.

"Yeah, I asked Namjoon to get me since I can't really stay."

Thank goodness,Jimin thinks, he can already feel the telltale sign of his legs falling asleep.

"Why is that?" Yoongi asks, shoveling some ice, back still turned to the alphas. "Assignments due?"

"No. But I haven't finished filling up my transfer papers and the secretary's had been on my back for days. It's annoying."

"You're the one actually annoying," Namjoon hisses, piquing Jimin's attention at the sudden change of tone. "You've been here for a week and yet you haven't completed your requirements? How statuses could be this unfair?" A forced chuckle, "Not because you're the son of the school's owner doesn't mean you have special privilege."

"You still bitter because of that?" Jeon's voice, amused. "It's not like I'm the one that gave Hoseok all the hassle."

"My mate struggled to transfer here just because one of his requirements were sent a little late by his previews school," Namjoon almost growls, making Jimin takes an involuntary gasp. One of his hands automatically clamps over his mouth, eyes wide as he meets Yoongi's warning look. "And it's not fair."

"Hey, no claws and fangs in my café," Yoongi interrupts, bringing a large cup of ice cold Americano and placing it on the counter. "Get your ass out of here and finish that paperwork, Jungkook. And you," Jimin's guessing he's pertaining to Namjoon this time, "Get your petty ass over the damn issue because it's been years, goddamn."

"Did you just-"

"Yes, I did. Now get these huge strawberry and banana parfaits to your table and I'll prepare some muffins for you and your mate. Stop fighting Jungkook, he's not at fault; it's the school's system, okay."

There's a few beats of silence before a deep sigh was heard, "Okay. I didn't mean to lose my cool there. I'm sorry."

There are some muffled voices Jimin suspects were from Jeon and Hoseok greeting each other and Namjoon placing his orders in a tray; a metal leg of a chair screeching against the floor again followed by a loud curse from Namjoon with Hoseok yelping incredibly high pitch; before the chime above the glass door was once again heard ringing, the smell of strong black coffee and raindrops weren't too strong anymore.

Jimin finally deemed it safe, letting out a sigh of relief as he let his feet slide against the floor to straighten his dead legs and wincing at the needle-like prickle sensation underneath his skin.

But, he really doesn't have the pleasure to breathe in comfort before a pale, flawless face was crowding his personal space. He'd probably flinch in surprise if he's not used to the gesture, seeing someone leaning in just a hairbreadth away.

Yoongi was squatting in the space between his legs, his apron touching the material of Jimin's pants, the beta's eyes searching for his face. He tries to avoid it, feeling his face warm up just a little at the attention.

"Spill it," the beta demands, quiet and calm.

Jimin scrunches his nose at that, mindlessly scratching his right jaw to stall some time but immediately stops when he sees Yoongi's eyes following his tic. Stalling time won't do when it comes to curious and persistent Min Yoongi.

Jimin clears his throat.

"Did I mention that I hate the cooking class?" he starts quietly, eyes fixed on Yoongi's elbow.

"Every single fucking time," the beta answers, not missing a beat. He barely avoided rolling his eyes at the dramatic answer.

"Well, I hate it even more?" he trails off, meeting Yoongi's eye before he continues, "And he's the reason?"

"Of fucking course you'd find another reason to dislike alphas." He throws Yoongi a withering glare but was promptly ignored as the beta straightens out, hands tucking inside the pocket of his apron. "And that reason is?"

"He's annoying!"

"You find everyone annoying, Jimin. Say something specific, I guess," was the sarcastic retort. He didn't bother holding himself as he roll his eyes and scoff.

Sighing, he stares at the floor with distant look in his eyes in contemplation.

He's friends with Yoongi and Yoongi's obviously friends with Jeon. Though it looks like the beta and the alpha had known each other longer than Jimin and Yoongi, he's always known the beta has a soft spot for him even if he doesn't say it aloud. He has proved it countless of times before, even until now.

But... what will Yoongi do if he knew Jeon's the reason why Jimin had call him and run to him trembling few days back?

"Jimin?"

He hums, managing to pull himself out of his thoughts as he looked up to Yoongi whose eyebrows are knitted. "What is it?"

"I'm asking you," he says softly, the sarcastic playful side nowhere to be found. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," Jimin sighs, nodding his head a little. He stretches his arms to Yoongi, making grabby hands. "Come on, help me get up. I can't feel my butt."

Yoongi rolls his eyes, muttering something about toddlers but reaches his hands out nonetheless, pulling Jimin carefully from under the counter and steadying the boy on his feet with hands wrapped around his elbows.

"Sit with me? It'll be a long story, Yoongi."

Jimin allows himself to smile a little when Yoongi groans.

---

Jimin doesn't know what he's expecting but he's sure isn't this.

If there's one thing he's been expecting to corner him around campus or wait for him outside the university main gate, it's none other than the ever persistent and annoying alpha, Jeon Jungkook-who he also learned is the school's owner's son that's why attention from crowd was natural to him-which is another reason why he's annoying to Park Jimin.

But the person in front of him now is not Jeon Jungkook.

How many days has it been since the last he saw Taehyung not running away from him? How many days has it been since the last time Taehyung has sought him instead of avoids him? Because he sure doesn't know-who's counting anyway? It'll just hurt if he did.

Jimin feels the familiar squeeze in his chest when Taehyung turns to look in his direction. The alpha was leaning against the wall of his apartment; plain white t-shirt that looks about three size larger than his frame, hands tucked inside the pocket of his gray sweats, socked feet in an ugly pair of slippers and black beanie snugged atop his head, pulled down just enough to cover his ears from cold and for his fringe to cover his eyebrows.

It's Kim Taehyung that is waiting for him.

How long has it been since the last time he saw the alpha this near?

Taehyung's eyes widen a little when he takes in Jimin in front of him, pushing himself off the wall before standing straight, turning his whole body to look at Jimin properly.

Jimin didn't move, only looks at the alpha; lips set in a straight line.

"Ahm..." Taehyung starts unintelligibly, cheeks coloring a little. "Hi?"

"Hi." Jimin's answer is a little too calm for the situation.

He doesn't understand what he's feeling but he knows the squeeze in his chest wasn't just because of longing alone. Maybe, maybe he's also a little pissed at Taehyung. Maybe he's a little mad for the sudden shutting out without a word and explanation. Maybe, he's a little angry at the fact that Taehyung is here now, right in front of him, looking at him like he's missed Jimin all this time. But who avoided who first? Isn't it him? So what's his right to look at him like that? Why is he looking at him like that? It's him who brought them to this awkward situation right now.

"I-I just-"

"What are you doing here?" Jimin asks, voice still too steady and monotonous, surprising even himself. He has never used this tone to either of the Kim brothers or Yoongi because they are not some random stranger to him. He doesn't miss the way Taehyung's eyes widen at the unfamiliarity of it, frozen and rooted at his place.

Jimin finally moves, walking towards his door and fishing his keys out of his pocket silently, unlocking the door and leaving it open. He didn't bother looking at the alpha, furrowing as he toes his shoes and putting them on the shoe rack neatly. He leaves the door open behind him when he pads to his living room, throwing his backpack on the couch and sitting beside it, silently hoping for Taehyung to catch the silent invitation because he's afraid his voice will betray him this second time.

He heard the soft click of lock and soft pads of socked feet nearing him.

Jimin braced himself for the inevitable.

He looks up when Taehyung stops in front of him instead of sitting. Jimin shoots up an eyebrow in question as he motions to the one-sitter sofa to his right when the alpha shakes his head, eyes hard and fixed on Jimin's own.

They stayed like that for a few while, just looking at each with lips set in thin line, unanswered questions hanging above their heads, feeling the tension between them as silence blankets their surroundings. Suddenly, the apartment feels too small for two people-suffocating, like the walls and ceiling are slowly enclosing them both.

And Jimin... Jimin's drowning; he's drowning in the familiar specs of browns around Taehyung's orbs, the eyes he's learned to love looking at, finding peace in them.

Jimin exhales slowly, closing his eyes in an attempt to stop himself from looking at Taehyung a little more.

"You know I don't like beating around the bush, so tell me, what do you need?" It comes out harsher than intended but it's not like Jimin has control over his emotions currently. He can't even understand what he's feeling right now let alone think clearly. He hopes Taehyung understands.

"Yeah," was the soft answer, quiet and careful; Jimin can't help but basks in it secretly. It sounds familiar. So familiar-so Taehyung. "And I am here to say sorry."

Jimin's eyes snapped open at the last words. He looks up once again, meets Taehyung's eyes. They're sad, fond, apologetic. Jimin's heart clenches at the sight, chewing on his bottom lip on instinct.

"I'm sorry I avoided you. I'm sorry for running away. I'm sorry I... I felt a little territorial again." Jimin's brows furrowed at that. Taehyung searches his face before inhaling deep and exhaling slowly, his shoulders finally slumping as he lets the tension out of his system with his next words. "I know you don't like it when I get a little too territorial with you, especially from Yoongi but..."

"...Taehyung."

"I know, Minnie, I know. I'm really sorry it's just that, I can't really explain what I feel. Maybe it's an alpha thing? I don't know. But you smell so much like him and the alpha in me just doesn't like it and I'm sorry because I cannot help it. I... I had to avoid you because I don't want you to feel like you're my territory because you are not. You are your own person, Minnie, and you are your own territory and-"

"You're rambling," Jimin interrupts, eyes suspiciously glossy as a bright smile takes over his face, cheeks bunching up at the force of it.

Taehyung looks like he's seen a ghost as he stares at Jimin, his eyes wide and mouth hanging open and then he's sighing, nodding his head as he mutters a quiet, "I know."

Jimin finally lets himself laugh at that, eyes scrunching in two crescent moon shapes as he pushes himself off the couch, standing up and walking towards Taehyung as fast as his wobbly legs could, throwing himself to the alpha with no grace and happiness flowing over to the brim.

Taehyung readily catches him, arms wrapped around his middle as Jimin snakes his own around the alphas neck. Jimin giggles when he noticed Taehyung didn't even stagger back even at being caught off guard, catching Jimin like he weighs no more than a delicate feather, the strong arms around him pulling him in until they're pressed chest to chest.

Jimin sighs at the familiar warmth of Taehyung's body against him, rubbing his nose against the collar of the alpha's shirt and inhaling deeply, enjoying the familiar smell of lavender and salty beach entering his system and calming his nerves. Taehyung did the same, burrowing his face on the juncture of Jimin's neck and inhaling his scent.

"I'm sorry, Minnie," Taehyung whispers against his skin, planting a soft kiss there; Jimin slightly shuddering at the contact but let it slide as he did the same to the alpha, his lips leaving a quick peck on Taehyung's collarbone.

"Forgiven."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

226K 7.6K 27
Taehyung as little Omega with great ability that consume his body health and energy. He always feels that he is useless because being weak and always...
13.9K 635 23
WHERE JUNGKOOK IS THE PACKS ALPHA AND JIMIN IS THE BEAUTIFUL OMEGA THAT EVERYONE WISH TO HAVE. WHAT IF FATE BRINGS THEM TOGETHER BUT ONE OF THEM HATE...
20.6K 1K 42
If Taehyung and Jungkook were to describe in colors; they would be found on the opposite side of a spectrum. They never see anything eye to eye, And...
37.6K 1.4K 16
What does it mean to be an Alpha? An Omega? A Beta? In a world of aggression, restriction... what if we were wrong about the divisiveness of our natu...