Tempted (#Wattys2015)

By LostxInxStereo

Bella Knowle is almost through her last year of high school. She's a straight A student, loves music, and has... More

Tempted:00:
Tempted:01:
Tempted:02:
Tempted:03:
Tempted:04:
Tempted:05:
Tempted:06:
Tempted:07:
Tempted:08:
Tempted:09:
Tempted:10:
Tempted:11:
Tempted:12:
Tempted:13:
Tempted:14:
Tempted:15:
Tempted:16:
Tempted:17:
Tempted:18;
Tempted:19:
Tempted:20:
Tempted:21:
Tempted:22:
Tempted:23:
Tempted:24:
Tempted:25:
Tempted:26:
Tempted:27:
Tempted:28:
Tempted:29:
Tempted:30:
Tempted:31:
Tempted:32:
Tempted:33:
Tempted:34:
Tempted:35:
Tempted:36:
Tempted:37:
Tempted:38:
Tempted:39:
Tempted:40:
Tempted:41:
Tempted:42:
Tempted:43:
Tempted:44:
Tempted:45:
Tempted:46:
Tempted:47:
Tempted:48:
Tempted:49:
Tempted:50:
Tempted:51:
Tempted:53:
Tempted:54:
Tempted:55:
Tempted:56:
Tempted:57:
Tempted:58:
Tempted:59:
Tempted:60:
Tempted:61:
Tempted:62:
Tempted:63:
Tempted:64:
Tempted:65:
Tempted:66:
Tempted:67:
Tempted:68:
Tempted:69:
Tempted:70:
Tempted:71:
Tempted:72:
Tempted:73:
Tempted:74:
Tempted:75:
Tempted Sequel: Tragedy

Tempted:52:

12.4K 212 82
By LostxInxStereo

*Justin*

3:11 PM

"How is everything going?" Grant asked me, causing me to look up from the car.

"Oh, it's fine. I'm getting ready to go and take this out and paint it but-"

"I meant with you Justin."

"Oh..." I trailed off, now standing up straight. "Everything's alright."

"I got a letter from Hunter this morning."

"You did?! How is he? Does he like it?"

"Yeah, he loves it." He nodded, pulling his hands out of his pockets. "He misses you though. He mentioned that. I'm sure you got a letter too. He said something about sending them all out at once. They've put him through so rough training, but when it came to shooting the guns he knew how to do that and said everyone was pretty impressed when he hit the bullseye in the first shot. My letter was mostly the technical stuff. I'm sure yours has a little more of his feelings in it."

"Well I'm glad he's happy. I've been thinking about him a lot. It's weird without him here...working with him and stuff."

"It's weird not seeing him every week, but he sounds really good. A few more months and they'll send him on his first mission."

"I'm sure he's itching for that." I let out a low chuckle, cleaning the wrench in my hands.

"I'm sure he is too...I just wanted you to know I got something, and I'm sure you did too. I know you've been worried about him...you haven't really seemed yourself."

"I've just had a lot going on." Shrugging, I sat the wrench down, thinking of everything that has been happening in my head.

"If you ever need anything, let me know, ok?"

"I will, thanks."

"You're welcome."

I was aching to go home now and check my mailbox. I wanted to see if I had that letter, and I had planned on going to look for Bella's ring tonight. I would...that letter could wait just a few more hours.

I got out of here at 5:30, Mom wanted me to come over to eat, and then I was going out.

I looked forward to eating dinner with my family. It seemed to makeup for all those missed nights.

Then I'd call Bella when I got home - and I'd see her for her gig tomorrow.

We had really good seats for Saturday night. She was going to be so excited tomorrow when I pulled out the tickets.

Maybe there was even a cute way I could give them to her...I'd have to think on that.

I painted the car in about two hours - with two coats. Then I worked on another engine before I was able to slip on my coat and clock out.

"Bye Grant. I'll see you on Monday."

"Yup I'll see you. Have a nice weekend."

"You too."

I headed out to me car, hopping in and turned on the radio as I started the drive to the house. It was a longer drive with rush hour, but I called just telling them I was on my way, unable to check the text from Bella.

I'd have to go to Rachel's to pick up the tickets, so I wouldn't be able to pick her up...I'd probably have to meet her where her gig was at.

I was taking Jazzy out too for lunch...I loved time with my sister. I wanted it before she was bigger.

I was going to take her to the little diner Bella and I went too...they had those cool milkshakes that were meant to look like they were from the 50's, and they were so good, plus they had the best burgers in town.

Then I'd have dinner with Bella at the pub. We'd do something. I could get her flowers too. She'd like that.

Now to pick the right ring...

_________________

*Bella*

8:44 PM

I sat on my bed, typing on my laptop trying to finish this Enlisgh essay before the weekend came.

I wasn't going to do much tomorrow but practice and get ready. I was so incredibly nervous. This time I was going to try a few more of my original pieces, and this guy Jake was playing guitar for me. I took off of work on Wednesday just to practice with him.

I was so excited for tomrrow. Hopefully I'd make some more money for Christmas time...I'd be able to find something awesome for Justin...I needed to. I still had no idea and it was driving me nuts. It should be so hard.

I just wanted him to really like it.

My phone buzzed beside me, and I looked at it, seeing Justin's name lighting up the screen and happily set my laptop aside.

"Hi." I smiled, leaning back against my pillows and pulled the blanket I had wrapped around my shoulders tighter around me.

"Hello beautiful. How are you?"

"I'm good," I giggled a little, feeling myself blush. "How are you?"

"Tired, but I'm good."

"What did you do today besides school and work?"

"I went to Mom and Dad's for dinner, then I did some Christmas shopping."

"For who?"

"No one in particular." But I heard that little grin in his voice, my stomach forming a little knot.

"Liar liar pants on fire."

"No idea what you're talking about."

"Ok, ok. I won't ride you about it. I have to go shopping for you. I'm going to decorate my place too..it's just feeling a little bland."

"I can help you. I like doing that. Wait for me."

"Ok, I will... I was thinking about getting a Christmas tree...maybe just a little fake one...I don't know."

"No, don't. Come over to my parents house with me. We always decorate it a few days before Christmas. Please." He drug out the please, making me laugh a little again.

"I don't know Justin...that's your family time. I don't want to intrude on that."

"Intrude on what? Come on, please. Please, for me? Come over. Pretty please."

"You're so cute. Ok, I'll come over...as long as they say it's ok because I'd feel terrible."

"I'll ask, but they love you. It's fine. My mom will be ecstatic."

"What do you normally do on Christmas Eve? I mean it's usually me and my dad and my brother, but I don't know what your plans are...so maybe if you could come over...but I don't know what you're doing."

"Honestly, I haven't really had plans with my family for Christmas Eve in a while. Ms. Diane usually had me over with her and Hunter...Mom and Dad really haven't mentioned anything to me and we usually just watched Christmas movies when I was little. I'd love to spend Christmas Eve with you."

"Ok, yay." I let out a small squeal, sinking down to lay on my side. "I was trying to finish a paper when you called."

"Well then you're very welcome."

"I'm going to have to finish it Sunday when you leave. Now I'm getting really sleepy."

"Oh no don't you dare fall asleep on me baby. Because you know I'm not hanging up. We fall asleep together over the phone and that's that. Don't leave me hanging."

"I'm not. I promise! It's just been a long day."

"I'm taking Jazzy out to lunch tomorrow...and I have to do something before I see you...is it ok if I meet you there?"

"Yeah, of course that's ok. No big deal."

"Ok, good. I promise I'll be there. I'm excited to hear you sing. I love it when you sing."

"I love it when you sing. You should sing more...and play more. I loved it when you played for me that one night, even though I basically had to squeeze it out of you."

"It had just been a while since I had played...I was nervous."

"It was cute. You're cute."

"Yes, Yes I am."

"DId you just admit you're cute?"

"Please don't make me say it again."

"I won't, I won't." I giggled, shaking my head and looked out the window. "I love you Justin."

"I love you too...where did that come from?"

"I don't know." I shrugged, closing my eyes. "I just wanted to say it...it was in the moment I guess."

"See, now that's cute."

"Shut up." I laughed, hearing his chuckle on the other end of the line.

"So...what are you wearing?"

"You are such a dork!"

"Hmmm...nothing huh?"

"No! I'm wearing clothes Justin!"

"What kind of clothes?"

"Do you want me to hang up?"

"No! Don't hang up on me." He whined, a hand covering my mouth to muffle my laughter. "Ok, fine. If you really want to know what I'm wearing I'll tell you. I'm wearing boxers. Your turn."

"I'm blushing! Stop!"

"Ok, fine. I'm just going to start guessing since you won't tell me. Hmm...well you're probably wearing underwear...and a bra...or maybe not."

"Yes! I am!"

"Damn...well is that all you're wearing?"

"No! I'm wearing one of your shirts and shorts."

"See? Was that so hard to tell me?"

"Yes, yes it was." I mumbled, turning back over to look up at the ceiling. "But just boxers huh? I already knew that. That's the usual."

"False, sometimes I wear pants to bed. Like my Mario pants. I have penguin ones too."

"The Mario ones are my favorite."

"Mine too." He chuckled, my stomach turning a little.

I could get him some of those for Christmas...

We'd talk like this all night until one of us fell asleep, then whoever woke up in the middle of the night first would hang up.

Usually he woke up first though...

____________________

*Justin*

6:10 PM

Traffic had been horrible. I was officially in a state of panic.

I mean...she told me seven...but I'm pretty sure she doesn't go on then...

I just got in the city, I had to stop by Rachel's for the tickets...and I had to get to the pub on time.

Bella would be so mad...but she's not going to be because I'm going to make it, I'd surprise her with the tickets, and she'd be happy.

She had talked about it last night...this place was huge, and there was going to be a lot of people there...plus she was actually performing some of her own music. I really wanted to hear that.

"Come on," I mumbled, tapping my fingers along the steering wheel, my eyes flickering down to the clock.

I'd make it. I'd be fine. She wasn't going to go one right at seven.

I picked up my phone, quickly calling Rachel as a light turned green and crossed the street.

"Hi Justin, are you on your way?"

"Yeah, I am. I'm almost there...I should be there soon. I'm not sure on a time exactly."

"Alright, well I'm home. i can meet you down there in your car if you want."

"That'd be awesome. I'm at 47th and 10th now. I should only be a few minutes."

"Yeah, I know where you are. I'll see you in a little bit."

"Alright, I'll see you." I hung up, letting my phone fall in my lap and let out a deep breath.

I'd be fine.

______________________

*Bella*
6:57 PM

"Izzy, he's going to be here. Don't worry."

"He just said he'd be here...he said he had to do something but he didn't tell me what...they wanted me to go on at 7. I told him that." I told Jess, nervously playing with my hands.

'Breathe. You're going to be great. He'll be here."

"I hope so." I said under my breath, looking over at Jake as he tuned his guitar. "Are you ready?"

"Yeah, I'm all set."

"Alright." I got my mic, walking up on the little stage and sat down in thd stool, butterflies going nuts inside my stomach.

He wasn't here yet...I hoped he was ok...he's never late. I wonder what exactly he had to do that was so important.

In a minute Jake was playing, amd I was singing, smiling at Jess where she sat at the bar.

At least she was here.

I'd look over at the door every few minutes to see if he was slipping in, but he hadn't.

And when he did I was a little relieved, then I was pissed. I had three songs left.

God I was so mad.

Even when he gave me that little smirk I was still angry.

When I finished I said a 'Thank you' into the mic, thanked Jake, and we got off the stage, grabbing up the bowl and headed towards the back. I didn't go to Justin like I had last time. I didn't want to.

Odds are it'd save me from saying something I regretted.

"You were wonderful. Oh my gosh, you blew me away." Will, the owner said, handing me a check. "You'll get somewhere here, that's for sure."

"Thank you." I smiled up at him, then got my bag, emptying out the bowl and payed Jake from it. "Thank you so much Jake."

"You're welcome. I had a lot of fun."

"Me too."

Justin was coming over in the corner of my eye, and I looked away, pretending I didn't see him.

"Hi. You sounded great Bell." He said, and I looked up slightly, watching as he swallowed.

"From what you saw, right?"

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, baby. I tried. Traffic was bad- and-"

"Nice one." I mumbled, pushing the door open to outside.

"I'm serious! I left about 2...and I had to -"

"What? You had to what?"

"I can't tell you...I just...you'll know...I tried so hard Bella. I'm sorry."

"Whatever."

"Bella, come on."

"No." He sighed, and I crossed my arms over my chest as we walked, trying to keep myself warm.

"Here, take my jacket."

"Justin-"

"Take it." He drapped it over my shoulders, and I bit down on my lip, turning my head in the other direction.

"Thanks."

"Are you hungry?"

"No."

"Have you eaten dinner?"

"You're not supposed to eat before you sing."

"Bella, I'm sorry. What do you want from me?" I stayed quiet, hugging his jacket tighter to me and clenched my jaw shut, looking up at the lights. "I don't care if you're mad at me. We're going out to eat. Even if you're not talking to me you need to eat. Where do you want to go?"

"It doesn't matter to me."

"Then how about Italian? Your favorite."

"Ok."

He sighed, slipping his arm around my waist amd I tried to put the touch to the back of my mind, keeping my eyes forward.

Went out and couldn't tell me where...yeah, ok.

_____________

*Justin*

10:08 PM

"No, obviously I'm still mad at you. Don't talk to me." Bella said, dropping her bag as she unlocked the door to her apartment, doing that little dance to get out of her shoes.

"Babe, how many times do I have to tell you I'm sorry?"

She didn't answer, she just started undressing, stepping out of her clothes and slipped on a tank top and shorts, crawling into bed.

"I'm sorry." I said for the millionth time, watching her without a response, then shed my jacket which I now wore instead of her, setting my shoes beside the bed and took off the rest of my clothes, laying down beside her afterwards, her eyes already shut.

"Baby, please, I'm so sorry." I whispered, kissing the skin by her ear, holding onto her waist.

"No you're not. Do you even know how disappointed I was? No, you don't. They were my songs."

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to lose track of time! I was picking up your Christmas present! You know I support everything you do and I'm sorry I wasn't there that one time, but I came! I wanted to surprise you!"

"With what? Being late? You said you were going to be there! You knew how much this meant to me! We have two weeks until Christmas! That couldn't have waited?!"

"You want to know what?!" I got up, going to back to my jacket and pulled out the tickets, tossing them on the bed. "Merry fucking Christmas Bella!"

I pulled my jeans back on then, throwing on the undershirt and my shoes.

"Justin, where are you going?"

"Out." I spat, walking out of the room and slammed the door behind me.

I knew she'd be mad at me, but not like that. I didn't think I'd really miss it. I thought I'd see her perform, finally give her the tickets and totally make her night.

But no.

I walked outside, digging in my pockets for a cigarette, then held it between my lips and lit it.

I just had to cool off. It didn't take much to make me angry, and she needed to cool off too. I've apologized, and that's all I could do at this point.

I kept walking, and before I knew it I was in Central Park.

It was dark, so dark I could see the light from the end of my cigarette.

Bella would be mad at me if she knew I was smoking right now.

She'd be mad at me if she knew half the things I had done while I've been away from her.

Mad and disappointed...she'd cry...she'd hate me. She wouldn't even talk to me...hell this was nothing right now.

But I didn't put out the cigarette, instead I kept walking, plopping down in the grass by the lake.

I was stupid. I just wanted her to be happy, I wasn't even doing that anymore.

She always seemed mad at me, we were fighting. Things would be great one weekend, and the next all hell broke loose.

We never fight- we didn't used to, not like this anyway.

I knew it was my fault.

I sighed, tapping at my cigarette and rested my arm over my knees.

When I went back she'd probably be mad still. I didn't blame her.

________________

*Bella*

10:11 PM

"Justin?!" I called out, hugging my jacket to me as I walked down the sidewalk, people giving me weird looks, but I didn't care.

My boyfriend had just stormed out and went out on his own in New York City.

I regretted being so short now...I didn't want him to leave...he said he was sorry. It was dangerous out here at night.

The last thing I wanted him to do was end up in the wrong place at the wrong time or do something stupid.

It's not like he stood me up, he was late and missed it. He's always come to everything and has always supported me, I don't know why I got so mad.

Maybe it's because he had been weird lately, for maybe a month or so - he was so distant, and after continuously asking what was wrong without an answer, I gave up in trying, he wasn't budging. Then eventually we had been fine, more than fine. I loved how we were, and now it seemed like we took another two steps back.

I had listened to what Jessica told me to do. I hadn't given into him after we fought, he even said no to me once, which was surprising...I knew something was wrong.

But he wasn't cheating. That wasn't possible.

After a while I assumed it was just me that was being weird, not him, he wouldn't cheat on me.

I looked up at where I was, seeing that I was now on the outside part of the city.

The outside part of the city was scary.

I quickly turned back around, going the way I had come, aware of everything around me.

Odds are I wouldn't find Justin, he could be anywhere this place was huge.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was at a bar somewhere.

No, that's terrible. He's not doing that. They'd have to card him. He's not doing that.

I heard a whistle, but I ignored it, walking faster while no cars were coming and j-walked.

This was not good. I didn't want to have to use those things I had learned over teh summer. I just wanted Justin to come home.

I had tried to follow Justin, but really I had just gotten deeper into the city, then farther out - and I was freezing. This hadn't gotten me anywhere.

I lost whoever was following me in a crowd as I got closer to the inside of the city, walking back to my apartment and unlocked the door again, hoping Justin would be back by now, but he wasn't.

I had aimlessly wandered around the city for an hour and he wasn't home yet.

Pulling my phone out of my pocket, I went to call him, biting at my nails nervously as it rang once, and then from the other side of the room I saw a light, hearing the sound of vibration against the floor.

"Dammit." I whispered, looking at his phone on the ground and picked it up, setting it beside the bed.

He had to put all of his clothes back on and leave his phone on the floor. My luck.

I didn't want to go to sleep, I wanted to wait for him, to talk to him.

I went back over to the bed, scooping up the tickets and bit down on my lip.

They were for tomorrow night, to see Wicked - in the orchestra section.

Knowing him he probably had this whole romantic night planned and was going to surprise me with it tonight...after I performed. And I knew how traffic was, I knew he was probably freaking out and trying to get there on time, but I just wanted him there.

I loved the comfort of knowing he was there, that I could walk off the stage and walk right into his arms. He was always there. Through everything...

So tonight when he wasn't, it was a big deal, I don't think I have ever been so nervous - because I was worried about him, I thought something had really happened - and he was late.

I sighed out loud, setting the tickets down on the table beside his phone, dragging the fuzzy white blanket I had on my bed and went over to a chair I had set off in my living room part of the apartment by the door.

I'd wait for him, there was no way I was sleeping like this. I felt awful.

His phone buzzed across the room then, lighting up for just a few seconds.

A text message.

What if it was a girl? What if he was cheating on me?

I got up again, going over to it and looked at the name, widening my eyes.

Rachel: No problem. If you need anything else let me know.

Why was he talking to her? He barely even knew her.

But he had a passcode on his phone. I couldn't reply, and he'd be so pissed.

I sat myself down in the chair again, the blanket wrapped around me as I stared at the clock, shutting my eyes a few times, probably even dozing off considering how fast the clock moved.

It was practically midnight now and he still wasn't home.

If I thought I was worried earlier tonight - I sure as hell was now.

I just wanted him to come home.

When the door knob jiggled I jumped, standing up as it opened and saw that it was Justin, throwing my arms around him before he even saw me and nuzzled my face into his neck.

"I'm sorry." I said loud enough for him to hear, squeezing my eyes shut tighter as his arms slid around my waist, holding back onto me.

"Me too."

"Don't ever do that again. Ever." I said firmer, pulling back and held onto his face. "I went out looking for you and you had completely disappeared."

"I needed to cool off and think."

"You scared me."

"You shouldn't have gone out after me. I would have been fine. I'm fine."

"If it was me leaving you would have come after me."

"It's different."

"No it's not." I let out a breath, gently taking his jacket from his hands and laid it across the chair, taking his hands from his sides. "Where'd you go?"

"Central Park."

"Oh." I mouthed, guilt brewing in my stomach.

I should have known he wasn't out drinking. I did know that. I shouldn't have even thought that. He's not like that anymore.

"What?"

"It's nothing." I shook my head, turning to look at the side table. "How did you get those tickets?"

"You're friend," he told me, sitting down in the chair and pulled me down sideways onto his lap. "You mentioned something about wanting to see the show when we were out with her that one time and she said she knew how to get tickets. I caught her when she got out of school last week before I saw her...and I gave her my number so she could tell me when she got the tickets and hooked me up with them.. I went and picked them up from her place when I got in the city, traffic just - wasn't on my side tonight. I promise, that's what I was doing."

"Oh," I felt even worse, looking down at my feet, biting down hard on my lip. I remember her telling me she could help get tickets when we were out to dinner with her and Aaron...he had even been listening that night...that was so sweet. "Well thank you, you didn't have to do that."

"I wanted to."

We were both quiet again, a silence that I didn't like- it was abnormal.

I took his hand, playing with his fingers, running the tips of mine against his skin, cursing myself in my head.

"Justin..." I started, biting down on the corner of my lip again. "What's happening to us? Are we ok?"

"What do you mean?"

"Whenever you're here- I don't know, maybe it's me...but we'll be fine, we have been. But before we were fighting, and I know tonight was my fault and I was just being a bitch...We're fighting - for the stupidest reasons, and I- I don't know. I hate fighting with you, you know that. Am I missing something? Has something happened that you aren't telling me about? I just don't know what's going on, and...I feel like I'm losing you."

"First off, you're not a bitch," He brought my hand up to his lips, kissing it a few times before resting our hands back in his lap. "You had every right to be mad, and I'm really sorry I disappointed you. I wanted to see you and surprise you...I really wanted to make you happy tonight. I'm sorry. I love you, you're not losing me. I promise. Sometimes we fight, but I love you, and I'm really sorry about tonight."

"Me too."

"Come here," He curled his finger, letting out a low chuckle, and I smiled, leaning in and kissed him, squealing as he squeezed my hip. "I love you."

"I love you too." I mumbled against his lips, wrapping my arms around his neck.

It had been about three weeks now since we had really done anything...and that was fine I guess.

Not tonight though. Jess was right about all that.

"Will you sing for me?"

"Now?" I asked, not bothering to open my eyes.

"Yeah, why not now?"

"Because it's late...and there are neighbors."

"Like that's ever stopped you before."

"Shut up." I playfully pushed him away, walking over to my keyboard and pulled it closer to my bed so I didn't have to sit on the stool. "Are you coming?"

"Yes I am buttercup." He came over, scooting behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist, resting his chin on my shoulder.

I wanted it to stay this way. Something just felt off...and I couldn't figure it out...maybe it was just me.

We had Christmas in two weeks...and he was taking me to see Wicked tomorrow.

___________________

*Justin*
1:37 PM

"What about this one? It's too dressy, isn't it?" Bella ducked into the closet, pulling out another dress. "This one is good, isn't it?"

"Babe, wear whatever you're comfortable with. I like all of them."

"I'm nervous, and excited. What are you wearing?"

"I brought nice clothes with me."

"Pick one." She said, pointing to the dresses on her bed."

"You pick one..."

"Ugh, Justin that does not help me."

"You're worrying too much sweetheart. You're going to look gorgeous in all of those dresses. I promise."

"Is this one too springy?" She asked, holding up a light blue one with flowers on it.

"Yeah, just a little, but I love it."

"Ok, too springy, got it. Red or white?" She held up two others ones, one in each hands.

"Red. You look hot in red."

"Alrighty." She giggled, throwing the white one back on her bed and started to undress. "I'm so excited."

"I can tell." I chuckled, picking up my white button up shirt and put it on over my undershirt.

"I'm sorry. I know I'm being really giddy."

"Oh stop. I'm excited too."

"Will you zip me up?" She asked, turning around and held up her hair.

I did, laughing after when she faced my again and hooked her arms around my neck.

"Thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you."

"You're welcome buttercup." I smiled, hugging her back and nuzzled my face into her hair. "You smell good."

"That's my body wash."

"Yum."

"I have to do my makeup and I'm ready to go. I promise."

"You're fine. Relax."

She blushed, sitting by the vanity she had in her room.

I loved how excited she was. She was so happy. I did that. I made her happy.

I slipped on my blazer, changing my pants and put on my belt, then my shoes, grinning as I saw her putting on her lipstick.

"You're beautiful." I whispered in her ear, kissing her temple after, moving my hands along her arms.

"Thank you...you look really nice. The last time I really saw you dressed up was prom."

"Not true. I wear a nice shirt sometimes on our dates. I just really like my high tops."

"Your jeans are low."

"Shhhhh, it's all about how you wear the pants. I know some of the rules."

"Well I'm ready if you are."

"I am."

"Let me get my coat." She stood up, going into her closet and I went behind her, helping as she slipped it on, then handed her her bag. "Thanks."

"You're welcome." I made sure I had my wallet, then held out my arm, grinning as she took hold of it and let me lead her out of her apartment. "We're going to Carmine's for, dinner. They're servings are for four people I think, so we can take some home with us, but our reservations are for after the show."

"That's fine. I'm too excited to eat right now."

"I figured you would be. I've heard they have really awesome garlic bread...and a chef salad."

"Yum, that sounds good."

"We could be like that Disney movie Lady and The Tramp and get some pasta, and we can get that one right piece and boom our lips would just meet like that."

"I wish I had that kind of luck."

"Hey!? What am I?" I stuck out my bottom lip as we waiting for the elevator, her eyes widening.

"No, that's not what I meant! I promise!"

"It better not be."

"I love you." She pecked my lips, making me smile.

"I love you too. I'm glad you're so happy."

"I'm glad you're happy." She retorted back, nibbling down on her lip.

"If you keep doing that we might not even get to the show."

"I'm sorry." Bella blushed, her hair curtaining her face, but I tucked a strand back behind her ear, shaking my head at her.

"You have no reason to apologize."

We left the building, starting the walk to the theatre.

Everything had worked out, and I planned on making her so happy tonight. I wanted to keep her happy like this forever.

____________

*Bella*
7:58 PM

"You were crying." Justin laughed across from me, taking a sip of his coke.

"Duh! He's the scarecrow! That's not fair!"

"It's not real."

"It was still sad. I loved it."

"I'm really not surprised...but I liked it too."

"I know you did. I could tell. Especially when the monkeys came out."

"Hey, everybody always thought they were bad and they aren't. That's what isn't fair."

"Neither was Elphaba. My dad thought you were bad and you aren't."

"I was...not exactly boyfriend material."

"Stop it. I loved you. I still do."

"I know." He softly smiled, reaching over across the table and took my hand. "I love you too."

"Thank you. It was perfect."

"You're perfect."

"Funny." I felt myself blushing, and I quickly averted my attention to the Shirley Temple in front of me, taking a sip as his thumb moved across my hand.

"I'm serious."

"I know you are."

"You look beautiful." He propped up his chin in his palm, and my eyes flickered up, meeting his gaze to see that familiar look. The one that made my stomach twist, the one that brought a smile to my faced, the one that showed his innocence.

"Thank you." My legs were crossed, and I used that as an advantage, moving my foot ever so slightly to where I felt his leg, biting down on the inside of my lip as his eyes widened a little.

Yeah, I did that.

We had already finished eating, he had already paid the check, but we were still talking.

"Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas to you too, and thank you for my present."

"It's not everything."

"Justin, this was enough. You don't have to-"

"Shhh, trust me. This was nothing. Literally."

"Thank you." I moved my foot again, watching him shift a little, but he was smirking.

"Of course."

"Do you want to go home?"

"Sure." He nodded, letting to of my hand and stood up, helping me and I slipped my coat back on, grabbing my bag and held onto his arm, letting him lead me out.

We laughed a lot on the way home, we had a bit of a ways to walk, and my heels were starting to bother me, but I didn't mind. We were having so much fun. It had been an amazing night.

I held onto his arm the whole time, leaning my head on his shoulder a few times, and eventually we made it to the apartment building, heading inside where it was warm.

"Do your feet hurt?" He asked, pressing the button to the elevator.

"A little."

"Here." He picked me up the bridal style, a small squeal emitting my lips. "Hi."

"Hi." I whispered back, kissing his cheek.

"You really are so little."

"Yeah, I know. It's truly a struggle."

"I love it."

I smiled at him, swinging my legs in the elevator and giggled as he pecked my temple.

Tonight had been perfect in so many different ways...

He sat me down in front of the door, and he had already pulled his key out to unlocked the door, his hand in the small of my back as we stepped inside.

"Will you unzip me this time?"

"Yeah." He chortled, unzipping my dress and then took off his blazer, undoing the buttons of his shirt.

I took off my dress, slipping it in the hamper and bit down on my lip, tiptoeing over to him while his back was turned, my arms slipping around his torso.

"Thank you again for tonight. I had an amazing time. Thank you." I stood up on my tiptoes, kissing the skin by his ear.

"You're welcome. I had a nice time too." He turned around, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear.

I stood up on my tiptoes, resting my hands against his abs and kissed him, feeling his hands slide to my hips.

He leaned down a little more - helping me out a little because I was short - and I slid my hands up, feeling his hands move up and press into my back to hold me closer.

"Bella, you're killing me here." He mumbled against my lips, catching his breathing a little.

"Are you complaining?"

"But Bella-"

"Shh, stop. It's fine. You're not the only one dying." I wrapped my arms around his neck, standing back up on my tiptoes and kissed him a little harder than last time, squealing as he picked me up from the back of my bed and let me fall back on the mattress.

I giggled, softly kissing him and ran my hands down his arms, sinking my teeth into his lip.

Yeah, it was pretty perfect.

________________________

I CANT EVEN WAIT FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER. I CANT I CANT I CANT. I THINK SOME OF YOU ARE PUTTING PIECES TOGETHER AND IM NOT SURE IF THATS A GOOD OR BAD THING.

I JUST CANTTTTT.

VOTE AND COMMENT GUYS.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

468K 12.7K 34
(Under Major Editing) Camila Diaz is a nerd. No need denying it. Everyone knows, Camila knows, her friends know, her school knows, hell even her mom...
16.6K 536 64
Isabella Harper, a nineteen-year-old, lost her color vision after her sister's suicide. She shut down herself from everyone and remained in her world...
271K 9K 42
Follow my Instagram for any updates and if you have any questions: @nikki_k123 Claire is in trouble. More specifically, her family is. Or the lack th...
1.4M 43.9K 92
"You're mine. And I don't think you wanna go against that." Her eyes dangerously darkened. He gulped, and nodded a yes. --- Everybody has a story. An...