Umbrella

By volxmeii

It's been four years since Marissa had her ex-husband's child. Her mission is to keep that child away from hi... More

Introduction
1|PI
2|Wilma
3|Crocus
4|Fornicate
6|Pandemonium
7|DNA
8|Father
9|Secret
10|Hurt
11|Dying
12|Frozen
13|Pulse
14|Tabloids
15|Gore
16|Headline
17|Cure
18|Guppy
19|Ribs
20|Wickedly
life update
Life Update pt.2
21|Ransom
Happy New Years
22|Deadman
prom 2019!
23|Knife
24|Blood
That's All Folks!
change of plans
Change of plans... again

5|Champagne

6.1K 233 31
By volxmeii

Thank you to thisismywornderland for making the trailer above. I love it!

"Michael, I'm home!" Marissa screamed as she entered the house.

It's been two days since she last saw her husband and she had missed him dearly.

When she received silence as a response, she knew he wasn't home.

Marissa walked upstairs to their bedroom and began changing out of her clothes. She had been visiting her mother who was on her death bed even though she did not know it yet.

Once Marissa opened the door, she spotted a box inside the closet. It was a foriegn object to her and so she decided to examine it.

Inside, were CD's each titled Michael and with different women's name.

Out of curiosity, Marissa turned on the TV and inserted the CD titled "Michael & Rose" inside the DVR.

The sight in front of her broke her heart into a million pieces. Michael was passionately kissing the woman and proceeded to tear her clothes off. Marissa turned it off once they made it on the bed.

The box was filled with at least 12 CD's and each with a different woman's name and Marissa struggled to hold back the tears that were trying to escape.

This was the last straw.

A week ago, Marissa spotted three women sending her husband provacative pictures and naughty messages. Michael even responded back with pictures of himself.

As fast as she could, she began pouring all her belongings into three different suitcases.

Before leaving though, she made a stop at Wilma's room.

"Wilma, i-i'm leaving" She stuttered. "For good"

Wilma nodded.

"He doesn't deserve you dear. You're too good for him" She said.

At that, Marissa broke down into tears.

"Just stay one more night, I heard he isn't coming back till the weekend. You just came back from a long plane flight, it's not good for the baby" Wilma said.
"How did yo-"
"I know how much you love your wine and you haven't been drinking it lately"

Marissa smiled.

"Please don't tell him" She begged.

Wilma nodded.

"But just know he'll find out eventually" Wilma responded.

--
"Mommy" Lauren said as she walked towards Marissa.
"Yes baby?"
"A man told me to give these to you"

Marissa turned to see another bouquet of crocus flowers and her heart stopped beating.

"What were you doing outside?" Marissa asked.
"Daddy said he's almost home and to meet him outside."

Marissa breathed as she read the card:

"I hope they're still your favorites. Meet me by the beach at 5"

Immediately, Marissa threw them in the garbage.

"I don't want you to talk to that man again, understand?" Marissa scolded.

Lauren nodded with pouting eyes. 

As soon as Lincoln entered the house, Marissa sat him down to discuss the current issue.

"He's really back?" Lincoln questioned.

Marissa nodded as she played with the knot ring Lincoln gave her.

"And he wants me"

Lincoln swallowed and took deep breaths.

"But do you want him?" He asked.

Marissa shook her head.

"But I'm scared to get close and change my mind."

At that Lincoln stood up and punched the wall. He knew that Michael would always be an obstacle but he hoped Marissa would never allow him to be. 

"I'm not going to be your second choice Marissa so choose now" Lincoln said angrily.
"There's nothing to choose Lincoln, he's not an option"
"Good"

There was a moment of silence before Marissa spoke again.

"He asked me to meet him at the beach later" She said quietly.
"Go and tell him to leave you alone"

--
"I didn't think you'll actually come" Michael said as he watched Marissa walk his way.
"I wasn't planning on it" She responded sitting on the picnic blanket Michael prepared with fruits and champagne.
"What changed your mind?" He asked pouring champange into a fancy glass.
"We need to set things straight" Marissa began.

"I'm happy with the life I'm living right now and I'm not going to allow you to just barge back in here and ruin everything I have built." She finishes.
"I understand"
"Good, so leave"

Michael cleared his throat as he looked at the beauty in front of him. Her hair was waving with the wind and her soft brown eyes turned hazel everytime the sun would hit them. Her small freckles were also more apparent under the sun.

"I'm not here for you Marissa" Michael lied.
"Then why are you bothering me?" She asks annoyed.
"You have something I never knew you had and it belongs to me"

Marissa stared at the man in front of her. He looked as if he hadn't slept in days and yet his face was soft. He looked as if he could do no harm.

"Who's the girl?' Michael asked out of nowhere.
"She's not yours if you're wondering" Marissa said with confidence.

At that Michael fell apart. He couldn't catch the lie that was just said to him. It felt as if he could no longer breath. Michael hoped and prayed that the child was his. He wanted a daughter, he wanted to play princess with her, to go to all her ballet shows, to see her graduate and get married, he wanted her to be his.

"Then who's the father?" Michael asked after recollecting himself.
"I don't know" Marissa shrugged.
"What do you mean?"

Marissa breathed before recalling a memory she hoped to forget.

"When I landed here, I didn't know where to go. I was lost, alone, and terrified. A man stole my luggage at the airport and I had litterally nothing. One day, I found a homeless shelter and I stayed there for a couple weeks until one day I was taking out the trash, when a group of men kidnapped me" Marissa stopped and looked at Michael who was intently listening to her story.
"I was raped Michael, repeatedly."

There was a moment of silence before Marissa spoke again.

"I escaped and went across the state for a better life and that's when I found out I was pregnant. I cursed the gods everyday after that. We tried so frequently and nothing. Than they take advantage of me and poof. But now Im thankful for shes the best thing that has ever happened to me" She finished.

Michael was shook. He never expected any of that to happened to Marissa and he blamed himself for all of it. If he never listened to his mother she would of never left and this would of never happened.

"I- i'm sorry" Michael said.

He looked at Marissa and watched as a tear escaped her eyes. She quickly wiped it away and left a dumbstruck Michael to his thoughts.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 4.4K 35
~I tried to get up but my stomach was so big and the pain was back. I tried to crawl away from the scene but didn't come far. The pain was now even w...
837K 60.5K 44
(DARK ROMANCE THRILLER) Millicent Davis hates her life with her uncle and jumps at the chance to work for the famously rich and influential family Mo...
5.5K 516 17
๐๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐Ž๐ง๐ž ๐Ž๐Ÿ ๐“๐จ๐ฎ๐œ๐ก ๐’๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ " ๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐œ๐š๐ง ๐ฐ๐ž ๐ž๐ฑ๐ฉ๐ž๐œ๐ญ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฉ๐ž๐จ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ก๐จ ๐๐ž๐ฌ๐ข๐ซ๐ž๐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฅ๐ข...
401K 10.4K 35
โ™ฃShe touched me, and left a reason to exist.โ™ฃ "I can see it right through you, you desire me." He started eyes turning dark as night before his finge...