The Uzumaki Brothers (Naruto...

By XMXNIII

Have you ever noticed that Gaara looks like an Uzumaki in a way? What if Gaara knew that the Kazekage, Temari... More

Disclaimer
Meeting
C-Ranked Mission
A/N
Chunin Exams
Uzushiogakure
Once I Was Seven Years Old
A/N
A/N
A/N
A/N
The Invasion
Years Later...
Back to Konoha
A/N
A/N
A/N
The Next Generation
The Baby
A/N
YOU'RE WELCOME

Bell Test

10.3K 354 189
By XMXNIII

(Location: Konohagakure; The Academy)

Naruto was sitting in his desk beside Sasuke. Both boys decided to keep to themselves. "Today is the Genin Exam. When I call on you, please come to the front of the classroom. Remember, if you fail, think of it as a way to get better next year. First up, Shino Aburame." Iruka said. Shino stood up, silently, and made his way up to the front. "All you have to do is make three clones." Iruka said. Shino nodded. "Bug Clone Jutsu." He said. Three bug clones stood by his side.

Iruka nodded and continued down his list. "Naruto Uzumaki." Iruka said. Naruto stood up from his seat and stood in front of Iruka. "Clone Jutsu." Naruto said. A sickly, pale clone of his stood by his side. "I knew you wouldn't pass! I mean, what would you expect from the dead last?" Kiba said. He howled in laughter with the class. Naruto sighed and looked at Iruka with a blank face. "Shadow Clone Jutsu." Naruto whispered. Four poofs were heard in the class. Two clones stood on each side of Naruto. Iruka dropped his clipboard and stared at Naruto. "D-Did you just say, Shadow Clone Jutsu?" Iruka asked flabbergasted.

Naruto nodded and dispelled his clones. He grabbed a black forehead protector and wrapped it around his forehead. "Y-You're not supposed to do that yet." Iruka muttered. Naruto shrugged and sat back down in his desk.

Iruka cleared his throat and picked up his clipboard. "Um, Ino Yamanaka." He called out. Ino proceeded and passed the exam. "All children who did not pass, please go to the classroom beside this one. Everyone else, stay here." Iruka instructed.

The children who did not pass left with sad faces. Sorrow and tears filled some eyes while determination and spirit filled the others. "I will now announce teams." Iruka said. The class nodded and he proceeded. The other teams were of no interest to the young Uzumaki.

Not until the last four teams were announced. "Team Seven: Sasuke Uchiha, Sakura Haruno, and Naruto Uzumaki." Iruka said. Naruto sighed and looked at his two teammates. 'One is an obsessed fan girl while the other is a broading, emo, duck butt that he calls a hair style are my two teammates. I must say, this will be very interesting.' Naruto thought.

"Team Eight: Shino Aburame, Hinata Hyuga, and Kiba Inuzuka." Iruka said. 'Hm. With Kiba's and Akamaru's nose, Hinata's byakugan, and Shino's bugs, they will be a great tracker team.' Naruto thought.

"Team 9: Still active." Iruka stated.

"Team 10: Ino Yamanaka, Shikamaru Nara, and Choji Akimichi." Iruka said. 'The Ino-Shika-Cho formation, eh? Looks like they're trying to repeat history." Naruto thought, slightly amused.

"Everyone is dismissed for lunch for an hour. After, come back here to meet your new Sensei." Iruka said. The new Genin nodded and left. Although, a certain blonde haired twelve year old went to the Hokage's Tower.

(Location: Konohagakure; Hokage Tower)

When Naruto walked in, the exact same Jounin were surrounding Lord Third's crystal ball.

"Ah, Naruto. What are you doing here, child?" He asked warmly. "Well, Oji-san, I'm here for the letter." Naruto answered. Hiruzen blinked in surprise. "Today is Thursday, Naruto." Hiruzen said. Naruto nodded. "I am aware of that, although, I have some things I need to discuss with my Sensei. Also, I only have an hour until I am expected back in the academy." He said. Hiruzen sighed and wrote, yet another, letter. He handed it to Naruto. Naruto thanked him and took his leave.

(Location: Uzumaki Forest; Uzumaki Compound)

Naruto opened the door and was greeted with a smell of ramen. He sniffed the air hungrily and walked towards the smell. Gaara and Hiroki were either cooking or setting up the table.

"Tou-san, Gaa-nii. What are you cooking?" Naruto asked. "Miso ramen." Hiroki said. "What can I do to help?" Naruto asked expectantly. "Help your brother prepare the table." Hiroki said. Naruto nodded and did as he was told. "Um, Tou-san?" Naruto called.

Hiroki turned towards his adopted son and arched an eyebrow. "What is it, kid?" He asked. "I have to leave in an hour. And, I'm going to be meeting my new Sensei. So, I don't think I'll be able to visit that more." Naruto said sadly. "I am the exact position." Gaara said.

Hiroki sighed and put the food on the plates. He walked over to his sons and put his hands on top of their heads. "Don't worry about it, my sons. I knew that this was going to happen. So, let's make a deal." Hiroki said with a smirk.

"What kind of deal?" Gaara asked, taking Naruto's hand in his. "Anytime either one of you come back from a mission, all you have to do is come here to visit me. And then, since the Chunin Exams are in Konoha, I'll come and cheer you both on." Hiroki said.

Naruto smiled and nodded. "That seems like a great idea!" He said happily. "It seems logical. We agree." Gaara said, a small smile adorning his face. Hiroki smiled and sat at the table. The twin brothers followed in suit and ate.

After eating, Hiroki chuckled nervously. "What is it Tou-san?" The boys asked. "Well, the time has passed by fast. You two are thirty minutes late." Hiroki answered. The boys shot up from their seats and hugged each other. They hugged Hiroki and dashed out of the compound.

Hiroki shook his head chuckling. "Goodbye, my children." He said, a proud smile appearing onto his face.

(Location: Konohagakure; The Academy)

Naruto ran to his classroom and opened the door. "Naruto, you're thirty minutes late. Explain yourself." Iruka said, containing his anger. Although, he was quite worried about the blonde. "Sorry. I was held up." Naruto answered. Sakura rolled her eyes. "Sure." Ino said sarcastically.

Naruto sighed and sat down in his desk. Completely aware of the eyes that were following every move he made. 'Hinata, can you make it any more obvious that you like me? To bad, no one can love a demon. Much less, the most powerful' Naruto thought, looking at Hinata out of the corner of his eye.

The children awaited their Senseis. After three hours, Team Seven were the last team. Each member doing different things. Sakura, pacing back and forth. Sasuke, brooding and being his regular emo self. And Naruto, inside of his mind scape training.

A man, with white, gravity defying hair, a mask that covers his mouth and nose, and a forehead protector that covered his left eye, walked into the class. The only visible feature of his face was his right eye. Naruto finished his training and tuned into the man. "My first impression of you, you're boring." He said. "Not like most of us care." Naruto muttered. The man raised an eyebrow at the blonde before turning his attention to his other two students. "Meet me on top of the roof." The masked man stated.

He disappeared in a swirl of leaves.

(Location: Konohagakure; The Academy; Roof)

"Introduce yourselves." The masked man said. "How?" Sakura asked. Naruto sighed and shook his head in disappointment. 'Isn't she supposed to be smart?' Naruto thought to himself. "Hm. Your likes, dislikes, hobbies, and your dream for the future." The man said. "Why don't you go first?" Naruto suggested. "Me? Well, my name is Kakashi Hatake. My likes and dislikes? I don't feel like telling you. Hobbies? I have plenty of hobbies. Dreams for the future, never thought of it." Kakashi said. The three Genin all sighed at his introduction.

"All we learned was his name." Sakura mumbled. "Hn." Sasuke grunted. "Pinky, you first." Kakashi said. "My name is Sakura Haruno, not pinky. My likes, I mean, who I like is Sasuke. My hobbies are talking to Sasuke. My dream for the future, is for Sasuke to love me back." Sakura said, squealing through her introduction. Naruto winced at the sound. "Um, okay. Your dislikes?" Kakashi asked. "Naruto!" She said, with no hesitation. 'A fan girl, huh? This will be one interesting team.' Kakashi thought.

"Emo, you're next." Kakashi said. Sasuke glared at Kakashi but did what he was told. "Sasuke Uchiha. I don't have many likes but I have plenty of dislikes. My hobbies are none of your concern. My dream is to revive my clan and to get revenge on a certain someone." He said.

'Just as I thought.' Kakashi thought. Naruto rolled his eyes. "Blondie, your turn." Kakashi said. "My name is Naruto Uzumaki. My likes are ramen, Kura-nii, Gaa-nii, my secret Sensei, and training. My dislikes are when I collapse from exhaustion, when my weights are increased, when people cross our territory, and when someone hurts my family. My hobbies are pranking and training. My dream for the future is to protect my home and my loved ones. I also want to become Hokage when my brother becomes a Kage as well." Naruto said, smiling at the end.

"You're and orphan. You don't have a brother." Sakura said, matter-of-factly. Naruto glared at her and stood up. "I have to go." He said. Kakashi nodded. "Okay, but come to training ground seven at five o'clock. Don't eat, or you'll puke." Kakashi said. Naruto nodded and walked home.

(Location: Konohagakure; Streets)

As Naruto walked the streets, rocks were thrown at him. "Good job, baby. You hit the demon." A mother said to her child.

Naruto frowned and then kept walking. 'Just they wait. They'll see what a true demon is. And they'll wish they never, ever tried to hurt me.' Naruto thought. A small smirk appeared on his face. Although, it left just as fast as it came.

(Location: Sunagakure; Streets)

Gaara walked the streets of his village. The villagers all looking at him in fright. 'Do they not understand that I have changed?' He asked himself. He sighed and kept walking. He looked down and saw a ball rolling towards him. He picked it up and looked ahead.

Four children stood in front of him. He stalked towards them. They cowardly stepped back, a look of fright dawning their faces. Gaara held out the ball to them, a smile on his face. "Here. I believe this is yours." He said kindly, shocking the kids.

They took the ball fearfully. He looked at them and gathered some sand. They were about to scream, until they saw the sand taking shape. Four sand roses stood in his hand. He made the sand solid and gave one to each of the kids.

"There. A rose for each of you." Gaara said. They blinked and smiled up at him. "Thank you." One boy said. Gaara smiled and ruffled their hair. "Have fun." He said. He turned to walk away, but spotted a crowd looking at him.

His face turned impassive and he stalked towards the Kazekage's tower. 'They're started to open up to me. Perfect.' Gaara thought, a ghost of a smile dawning his face.

(Location: Konohagakure; Naruto's Apartment)

Naruto was sitting on his bed, head in his hands. 'I wish I could live the Uzumaki Forest. There, I wouldn't have to deal with those insolent, brutal, and cursed villagers.' Naruto thought. He sighed and got dressed into his pajamas. He slipped under his covers and closed his eyes.

He sighed in content and fell into oblivion.

(Time skip)
(Location: Konohagakure; Naruto's Apartment)

Naruto woke up the morning and got dressed. He walked towards his small kitchen and prepared breakfast. He was well aware of the fact that he was not to eat breakfast. But, the first lesson he and Gaara learned was to never skip breakfast. Hiroki made sure they knew.

'I wonder what this test will be about. I remember Hiroki saying that my biological Tou-san was a Sensei. I do believe Kakashi was one of his students. He will most likely test in teamwork using his Sensei's bells. Yes, that's the most logical explanation.' Naruto thought as he ate his food.

He scraped off the crumbs and washed off his plate. He walked out of the door, locking behind him, and walked towards the training ground.

(Location: Konohagakure; Training Ground Seven)

As Naruto reached the training ground, he noticed Sakura asleep and Sasuke leaning on a post. Naruto sighed at them and sat beside a tree.

(3 hours later)

Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke have been waiting for about three or more hours. "Where is that Sensei of ours?" Sakura asked, pacing back and forth. "Hn." Sasuke grunted. Although, he was equally curious of where their Sensei was.

"He probably has a god reason for being late. You never know. He probably had a mission." Naruto said. "Humph. Stop trying to act smart like Sasuke-kun!" Sakura stated. Naruto rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. "Sasuke, huh? You don't know what I'm capable of. And, I assure you, you don't wanna know." Naruto said coldly.

She rolled her eyes and glared at him. "You're the dead last. Like you could ever beat Sasuke." Sakura said smugly. Naruto froze for a second. He stood up and looked around. He pulled out a kunai and closed his eyes.

'I can't sense him anywhere around me. That leaves only one option.' Naruto thought. He opened his eyes and smirked. He stomped the ground, chakra channeled to his foot, and watched as Kakashi came out. "A sensory ninja, eh?" Kakashi asked. Naruto shrugged and crossed his arms with a blank face, much like his brother. "I guess." He said in a monotone. Kakashi blinked and turned towards his other students. "You're late!" Sakura screeched.

Naruto's eye twitched. He thought of happy things and places; to rid him of his bad thoughts. He opened his eyes and walked towards his teammates. He stood in the middle of them and looked at Kakashi. "The rules are simple. All you have to do is get one bell from me." Kakashi said. "But, Sensei, there're only two bells. And, there're three of us." Sakura said. Naruto rolled his eyes at her. "The one that doesn't get a bell goes back to the academy." Kakashi said.

Sasuke glared at him, Sakura looked worried, and Naruto looked impassive. Kakashi took note of that and continued. "You may use shuriken and kunai. Come at me with intent to kill." He said. Sakura gasped. "Sensei! Those are dangerous!" Sakura exclaimed. "Sakura, he's a Jounin and we're Genin. Do you really believe we'll be able to get a scratch on him?" Naruto asked.

Sakura blushed in embarrassment. "When I say start, begin." Kakashi said. As soon as those came out of his mouth, a kunai was coming at him faster than the eye could see. It ripped part of Kakashi's mask. "W-Who did that?" He asked wide eyed. Naruto raised his hand and smiled sheepishly. "Well, you see, an enemy doesn't wait until someone says start. They attack with full force." Naruto paused, a smirk made a way onto his tanned face. "Like I am going to do." He finished.

He disappeared in a whirl of wind. "Showoff!" Sakura screeched. 'Looks like there will be a bit of entertainment. But, a Genin shouldn't be able to throw a kunai that fast or shunshin. Naruto, who are you?' Kakashi thought. He shook himself out of those thoughts and turned to his other students. "Start." Kakashi said. Sasuke and Sakura jumped away. They hid behind a tree and a bush.

Kakashi reached into his pouch and brought out a book. Naruto looked at it and sighed. 'Great, my Sensei is a pervert. Could this day get any better?' Naruto, sarcastically, thought. He jumped out of his hiding spot and landed in front of Kakashi. Kakashi looked up from his book. "You're a bit strange." He stated bluntly. Naruto rolled his eyes and whipped out a kunai.

Kakashi sighed uninterested. "Lesson one, Taijutsu." He said, flipping a page in his book. Naruto's eye twitched. 'He's underestimating me.' Naruto thought, a frown etched on his face. Naruto took a deep breath and closed his eyes. With his senses heightening, he opened his eyes. The once sparkling blue, were now an electric blue. His face, completely blank. His mouth, set in a firm line.

Kakashi narrowed his eyes at the sudden change. Naruto blurred out of sight. Kakashi blinked in surprise. A cold, metal object found its way to the center of Kakashi's neck. "If I were you, I would take this more serious." Naruto said, his voice was void of any signs of emotions. Kakashi's breath hitched as he looked at Naruto out of the corner of his eye.

Naruto backed away from him, allowing Kakashi to take a breath. He put his book in his pouch, and whipped out a kunai. "Let's dance." Naruto stated. Naruto ran at Kakashi, his hand gripping the kunai. He aimed for his chest, but was soon finding himself dodging an expert blow to the head. Crouching low, he swung his leg. Attempting to trip Kakashi. Kakashi jumped, dodging the swipe of the leg. Naruto then jumped and kicked Kakashi in his abdomen.

Kakashi coughed up blood. He was shocked at the force the young Genin used in that kick. 'Has he mastered chakra control already?' Kakashi questioned in his mind. Naruto saw his opportunity and sped up to his Sensei. He pointed the kunai at Kakashi's chest. Kakashi blinked in surprise. 'Did a Genin just defeat me?' Kakashi thought. "Sensei, I know the meaning of this test. It's teamwork." Naruto whispered, putting away his kunai and helping Kakashi up.

"If you knew this, why didn't you ask Sasuke and Sakura to team up with you?" Kakashi whispered back. "You should know the answer. And, if not, you'll figure it out. I'll be by the posts if you need me." Naruto said. He walked over by the posts and sat down. He watched as Kakashi disappeared.

(Time skip)

Naruto was startled awake by the alarm. He watched as his teammates trudged over by him. He shot them a confused glance. He then turned to Kakashi and sighed. Kakashi looked disappointed at his students. "You three will not go back to the academy." He said. "Really? All I did was faint." Sakura said. "You should quit being ninjas." Kakashi said sternly. Sasuke glared at Kakashi, Sakura looked like she was about to cry, and Naruto looked impassive.

"Sasuke, you thought that everyone was below you. Your arrogance will get you in a load of trouble. Sakura, you were too focused on Sasuke that you didn't even think about helping Naruto when he was fighting me. Naruto, you shocked me. You were supposed to be dead last, but it looks like, right now anyways, that you're the Rookie of the Year. You knew the meaning of the test and you gave an excellent report on why you didn't team up with Sasuke and Sakura." Kakashi scolded and praised. Naruto smiled.

"You also failed because you didn't retrieve a bell." Kakashi said. He shook his head in disappointment and crossed his arms. "Actually, Sensei, I have the bells right here." Naruto said, holding up the two bells. He threw them to his two teammates and stood up. Kakashi looked at Naruto with wide eyes. "How?" He asked. "Well, when I put my kunai on your neck, I stole the bells." Naruto said. Kakashi blinked and nodded.

"Fine, Team Seven passes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moonlight0628

Words: 3224

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.3K 322 65
A bad person is only bad if all you see are their flaws. And a good person is only good if you never see behind their mask. But people do what they d...
250K 6.7K 35
*under editing!* For as long as Naruto could remember, he and Sasuke have been best friends. But ever since Sasuke starting dating Sakura, Sasuke wou...
218K 6.6K 51
Y/n Uzumaki is the brother of Naruto but he is completely different to him. He is a naturally born prodigy just like his father. How will this affect...
6.7K 66 38
Naruto is mistreated and neglected by his family for his two older siblings. What if Naruto finds out that he was adopted. What if Naruto finds out h...