VALERIE

Od zylgnagnaba

Valerie Scott and Harry Styles are forced by the Modest! Management to live together and pretend that they're... Více

Chapter 1: Expect the Worst
Chapter 2: The Show Starts in 5, 4, 3, 2, Action!
Chapter 3: Break a Leg!
Chapter 4: Retrieval Operation
Chapter 5: The Remedy Causing Dilemma
Chapter 6: Cat and Mouse
Chapter 7: The Unaccustomed Book
Chapter 8: End of May
Chapter 9: Lost in Paradise
Chapter 10: Splash of Foolishness
Chapter 11:Laugh Out Loud
Chapter 12: I Don't Like You At All
Chapter 13:Goodbye,Paradise!
Chapter 14: Cherishing Cheshire
Chapter 15: Mixed Thoughts and Emotions
Chapter 16: Virtual Loving
Chapter 17: Just a Kiss
Chapter 18: The Vow
Chapter 19: Worst Day Ever
Chapter 20: Dark Valerie
Did You Know That ...
HAHAHA xD
Chapter 21: LA Love Story
Chapter 21.1: TAKEN
Chapter 21.2: Mean
Chapter 21.3: Devious Love Birds
Chapter 21.4: The Villain in Me
Chapter 21.5: Here Comes Trouble
Chapter 22: Cake for Thought
Chapter 23: Lies and Celebration
Chapter 24: Almost... Almost!
Chapter 25: Fist of Fury
PLEASE READ! THIS IS IMPORTANT! TYSM
Chapter 26: Melancholic September
Chapter 26.2: Compromise
Chapter 26.3: Strike One
Chapter 26.4: Kryptonite
Chapter 26.5: Under the Sheets
Chapter 26.6: Strike Two
Chapter 26.7: Strike Three
Chapter 26.8: Strike Four
Chapter 26.9: Homerun
Chapter 27: Vicissitude
Post Interview Questions here!
Chapter 28: Autumn Feels
Chapter 29: Say It Again
Chapter 30: PDA
Chapter 31: Who's Gail?
Chapter 32: The Disclosed Reality
Some sort of review...
Chapter 33: Lovestrucked
Chapter 34: When in Milan
Chapter 35: When in Milan 2
Chapter 36: Home
Chapter 37: Dance for You (Repost)
Chapter 38: Up and Down
Chapter 39: Don't read this! OMG
Chapter 40: New Beginning
EPILOGUE
Casts, Credits, and A/N :')
Important! Please READ. :')
The Next Books...

Chapter 26.1: I love you, Harry...

3.3K 82 17
Od zylgnagnaba

Let me remind you guys of the contest I’m having.
If you haven’t read about it, go back to “PLEASE READ! THIS IS IMPORTANT! TYSM”.
Okay? Okay…

**********

 Copyright © zylgnagnaba 2013

I can’t even begin to explain how everything happened so fast. Just two hours ago, I was in the set of Magnum ice cream commercial, and now I’m inside Harry’s car just half an hour away to Dorset and another more minutes to Purbeck Vineyard, where everyone else is waiting for us.

The rest of our friends have stuck to the travel schedule which was seven in the morning, while Harry and I had to be five hours late because of my shoot.

He just basically threw our stuffs inside his car before he sent me to the location of the commercial, and there he waited until I was done, and so here we are. Yeah, everything happened so fast.

The car ride was smooth. Harry and I would somehow converse but most of the time, I’m asleep. I’m so tired that my lids are almost as heavy as a rock, and I never mind looking around where we are going. I made a mental note to stay awake on our way home just so I can see what I missed while I was napping. I’m earning enough energy so I wouldn’t spoil this vacation for my friends, especially Niall, the birthday celebrant.

I am positive that this vacation is going to be a remarkable one. I’ve been to a few of vineyards before, and it’s always an amazing experience. I would never understand how are wines made, but I know it always starts with crashing the grapes with bare feet. That’s the most exciting part, always.

“We’re here, Val…” Harry calls, pulling my attention out of my phone screen. I immediately look beyond the windshield, and sure enough, he’s pulling up to this village called Harman’s Cross. I’ve never had problems with being in a foreign place; it has always been my thing. So I nod at Harry, pulling out one appreciative smile at him that he replied with one of his own.

The detached two storey holiday home has white polished walls all over. At the front, it looks ordinary and plain—the feeling of the 70s flooding my head as if I’ve been in that year when I see the front view—but at the back I am expecting rooms with balconies that will overlook the vineyard and the panoramic view of Purbeck Hills. I’ve read few reviews about this place, and obviously people do not go back home feeling empty because this place is heavenly. I remember when they planned this trip on Liam’s birthday two weeks ago. They were excited about this place when they searched it online, because it looks simple but still the activities they offer are enticing. The boys booked the whole place for three days, so that means there are only nine guests in the cottage. Nine – I hope Niall will get his girlfriend soon so there will be an even number already.

After Harry gets our stuff from the trunk, I give him a hand and take my own bag with me. My heart suddenly starts to beat faster than the usual when we take the first step towards the huge wooden door. I’m so stoked that I can’t even hide the grin in my face. I have to breathe deeply to regain my composure and greet the old lady who is standing by the doorway. She’s probably the caretaker of the place. With her is a young lad around our age and he proceed towards us to grab our bags.

“Good afternoon! Welcome to Purbeck Vineyard.” The old lady welcomes us with few nods and a wide smile. “My name’s Martha and this is my grandson, Joey.” She says gesturing her hand to the young boy carrying our bags beside her. He nods and smiles at us as well.

I step closer to them, sticking my hand out to shake Martha’s. “I am Valerie, and this is my boyfriend, Harry.” By the moment I hold out the word boyfriend, an eerie cool sensation travel to every inch of my skin and my heart literally jumped. I’m used to being introduced as his girlfriend but not the other way around, maybe that’s just it or maybe I really like the idea of him being my boyfriend, really.

“Well, Valerie and Harry… May I lead you to your rooms now?” She asks, waving her hand to the entrance for us to follow her.

At the start, we don’t notice something odd in her statement, but when we realize what it is, Harry and I glance at each other and then to Martha. “Rooms?” Harry and I chorus.

Martha giggles a little, shaking her head in a way that tells us that she knew we would react that way.

“I think you should just ask your friends.” She suggests and sways us again to get in the building.

Harry grabs my hand and we walk together; I am sure that the same thing is running through our minds as of the moment. We couldn’t wait to ask the rest what’s going on. Martha leads us upstairs and Joey behind us. As we take steps further, the familiar cheers and laughter of our friends are becoming more audible. And as expected, they are huddled together at the upstairs lounge—except Perrie and Eleanor whom I can only guess are napping as of the moment.

“Oh hey, they’re here!” Niall hails and stands up almost immediately upon seeing us taking our last step of the stairs. He proceeds towards us and hug Harry and me.

“How was your drive?” He asks as soon as he pulls away from me. I just pucker my nose and look at Harry.

“Good.” Harry answers thriftily. “Where’s our room? We’re tired.”

“Uhmm…” Liam butts in. He bolts out of his seat, leaving Sophia on the couch who is smiling at us and I respond with a smirk. He stands beside Niall and snakes his arms around Niall’s shoulder. “Our room assignment is a little different this time, mate.” He and Niall share a glance.

“What do you mean?” Harry asks, the confusion in his voice is prominent and he frowns.

“Uhm… excuse me?” We all look to the side and we see Joey frowning at us as he laboriously carry our bags in his back. “Where can I drop these things?”

*********

“I can’t believe they got us in separate rooms.” Harry grumbles under his breath when we walk along the hallway, our hands are still tangled with one another, on our way to our rooms. The view of the holiday home outside is contrary to what it is inside. The ambience is cosy, simple but sophisticated, and the nostalgic feeling as we walk down the promenade reminds me of my own home. The white walls are decorated with different panoramic paintings – the one that captivated me most is the one with three girls cheerily crashing grapes with their bare feet—next each brown wooden doors. 

Liam tells us that the girls and boys are in two different rooms and Harry isn’t fond about the idea at the beginning. But when he realizes the real thought about it, he agreed anyway.

Niall is the birthday celebrant and the fact that he doesn’t have a girlfriend unlike the rest of the boys, Liam doesn’t want him to feel alone, and the rest agreed somehow – save Harry obviously.

“Harry, it’s fine. We’re all staying in opposite rooms. I can knock on your door,” I suggest shrugging at the thought. I want him to consider that idea because it’s possible. Me, sneaking into their room at the middle of the night, crawling to his bed and-

“Like Liam’s going to allow it,” He interrupts my thoughts just when it’s about to go extreme. “He’s acting as if he’s cool without Sophia near him.” I mentally cringe upon the mention of Liam’s girlfriend. I wonder when I am going to get used to it.

We halt by the door of the girls’ room. Joey drops my bag on a chair near the doorway and Harry takes care of his own bag, lifting it with his shoulder. Joey excuses himself after to go back to his work.

I step inside halfway of the door, leaning against the doorframe facing Harry who is still a bit reluctant with the set-up.

With our hands still tangled with one another, I tug his hand making his body closer to mine. “Harry, cheer up!” I almost whine, wiggling his hand. He only runs a hand is his brown curls and gusts, shrugging.

“Fine. I’ll go ahead now,” He says, pointing his thumb over his shoulder to the opposite room. I nod at him smiling brightly. I kiss his lips and that cause him to shudder a bit, but he smiles at the end. I was never really the one to kiss first. I was even the one who is being stubborn on the amendment of our deal, but now see how the roles have been reversed. We smile at each other as our fingers slowly slide from each other as we go opposite ways.

My spot in the bedroom is near the balcony because Eleanor wants me to be comfortable, the closest to breathing in the fresh summer air from outside. See, I have always been the baby of the group and it’s Eleanor who’s always looking after me. Her spot is across mine along with Perrie, and next to me is Sophia’s bed.

After I settled down and organizing my things, I tiptoe out of the room and knock on the boys’ room.

“Come in!” I recognize Harry’s voice sounds off behind the door and so I casually turn the knob open. I am surprise to see a shirtless Harry alone in the room, lying down on his bed with both his hands intertwined under his head.

“Where are they?” I ask while I’m making my way to his bed. I hop on and lie sideways next to his tired body. My elbows bend over his head on the pillow while my head leans against my palm. He releases one of his hands and reaches out for my cheek, caressing my skin and I smile at him.

I need to remind myself when we started to get comfortable with each other like this.

“Outside,” He answers my question while his green eyes bore into mine. His continuous motion in my cheek creates a magnetic force for my free hand to create patterns on his bare chest, then down to the butterfly tattoo by his abdomen.

We stay like that for few more minutes, just pure silence and staring at each other’s eyes. I admire his beautiful green eyes even more when I see that they’re only drawn to me, speaking right through my soul in words I could never comprehend but can only feel. He closes his eyes momentarily feeling the soothing effect of my gentle strokes on his stomach. And when he opens them again, I lean my face closer to him, kiss him gently and he kisses back before I could pull away in a matter of split second.

Just one simple and gentle kiss and something inside me ignited and I know he felt that too. I can tell by the way he looks and smile at me strangely. That kiss isn’t even a passionate one, rather it was slow and leisurely took the time to touch and feel each other’s lips, but the effect is powerful I can feel it in my every bone.

I now lie down next to him, nuzzling my head to the crook of his neck. My arm wraps across his chest and his covers mine. His mild scent starts to fill up my nostrils when he adjusts closer to my body. My face and lips touch his bare chest when we close the proximity between us, squeezing each other.

Different thoughts run through my head while we stay in this position—from the very first day we were introduced to each other, the slighting stare he ever laid on me that day; the first fight, the first publicity stunt we nailed, to the day we tried to be civil with each other but we fail miserably, the pranks, the kisses—and I just realize that summing them all up now, a smile blooms on my face because I am with Harry right now, this close and this intimate. We’ve really come a long way. I would never get tired of saying that.

You’re beautiful, Harry. I love you… The words are at the tip of my tongue but I could not seem to spill them out my mouth so I press my lips deeper into his chest. They’re like cursed words that if he hears me say them, I fear that he will rebuke me instantly. So I need to be cautious with my words, or at least postpone my confession until I have basis that he feels the same way too.

I feel him kiss the top of my head and I hum closing my eyes comfortably against his warmness.

“Valerie?!” We hear a familiar voice travel through the room moments later, and I don’t even need to turn around to see him.

“Yes?” I ask, my voice is muffled as I remain snuggled up with Harry.

“What are you doing here? This is our room! Get out, I’m going to change.” Niall chides me, his voice closer now.

“You can change right there or wherever the hell you want. It’s not like I’m going to look at you, moron.” I tell him and Harry’s chest flutters as he laughs at Niall. I squeeze him even more against me at the same time that I squeeze my eyes shut.

“O-U-T, Out!” Niall fights but I don’t budge. He’s spelling the word out for me as if I wouldn’t know what that meant if he doesn’t. I just giggle antagonizing him more.

“Liaaaam!” Niall yells across the room making me shut my eyes open briefly.

At that I sit up angrily and Harry’s eyes widen at my sudden outburst.

“Fine! I’m going out,” I tell Niall grumpily but then I turn around on my seat to face Harry again. I cup his face between my hands and kiss him forcefully on the lips for three times like I can’t get enough of him. “We’ll see each other again, okay?” I tell him dramatically, assuring him, and he laughs nodding at me.

I hop off of the bed and as I proceed out of the room, I bump Niall’s shoulder with all my might and he backs away. “Remind me why you don’t have a girlfriend.” I tell him with a smug smile on my face.

“Ha!” He half-laughs, “Yah, I will.” He catches on before I could slam the door close.

“She’s really obsessed with you, mate.” I hear Niall remark from the inside of the room which cause me to stop from my tracks.

I walk back to the door and press my ear to the surface of the wood to get a clearer sound of their conversation after I left.

Harry giggles before speaking, “I’m obsessed with her too so it’s a win-win.” I feel so unstable inside when I hear that. My heart is leaping in every direction and I feel my cheeks flush.

“Still, your girlfriend is annoying.” Niall’s words make the vigour in my body wash off immediately and I just want to burst in the room to cut him off, “But I love her even though she always bullies me. It wouldn’t be the same without her. She’s the life of the party… I’d rather be bullied by her every time than her not being around to do that.” Now that one makes me melt beyond words.

“Let me remind you, mate… We are talking about my girlfriend here.” Harry’s words are harsh but he laughs.

“I know, mate. What I mean to say is she’s like a sister to me. An annoying spoiled brat little sister that I love.” I actually laugh at that but I cover my mouth, scared that they might hear me.

“Do you still remember her?” Harry’s question lost me somewhere in the middle. Are they still talking about me?

Niall hums before saying, “Not that much anymore. It’s been months already, Harry. I’m not a weakling.” Niall chuckles.

“Well, why don’t you get a girlfriend already so whenever we are in a vacation, we wouldn’t be separated by sexes like this? And you, throwing my girlfriend out like that?” Of course, Harry wouldn’t let that go. But my mind is still reeling on whoever girl they were talking about just few seconds ago. Who is she? Is she the reason why Niall choose to stay single for a really long time?

“Ehemm!” My thoughts trail off once I hear someone cough behind me. I cringe and I immediately stand straight, turning on my heels to see the person behind me. I’m screwed!

“Liam?” I see once I see him, his arms crossed upon his chest and looking at me with reprimanding eyes.

“You’re eavesdropping.” He says, not asking, as it was already obvious what I was doing recently.

I nod slowly looking down on my feet. He chuckles after few seconds of silence, making me look at him with mortified features etched on my face. I can’t believe he’s laughing at me after catching me eavesdropping.

“I was just messing with you, Valerie,” He finally says, his eyes disappear whenever he smiles cheekily. “I eavesdrop sometimes… without being caught by the way.” He chuckles again making me more embarrassed with myself. He steps closer beside me, tugging my hand. “Can we talk?” His playful smile disappears once he said the words. I nod and start walking next to him.

*******

Liam and I sit in silence for few minutes at the back porch of the holiday home. I wouldn’t even realize that the peaceful night is finally taking over the day if he didn’t take me out here. He says that we need to talk but he still hasn’t spoken since we found this quiet spot.

“So, what is it that we need to talk about?” I finally break the silence that is beginning to grow awkward between us.

“Listen, Val…” He turns his head to my side, his eyes bore into me and I have a feeling that this conversation is something serious. “I know you still don’t like Sophia as my girlfriend and-“

“What?” I cut him off. I knew this is about Sophia. Maybe she told him all about the rude things I said to her and how I made her uncomfortable from the very first day we met. That bi-

“I am not stupid to not notice, Val… I know you don’t like her. I am not the only one who can feel the tension whenever you two are in the same room.” I look down on my lap, fidgeting my fingers aggressively.  I can’t find the words to argue about that because I know he is right.

“I know you’re just being protective of me but allow me to be happy. I’m happy with Sophia.” Every word that comes out of his lips pierce through my chest, my ears ring at the way Liam sounds when he says that girl’s penetrating name. It’s different when he says Danielle’s name before but I can identify the strong emotion within his statements.

A tear escaped from my eye but I quickly wipe them away before Liam sees it. “You belong to Danielle.” I mutter to myself but I know he catches Dani’s name because he stares at me intensely this time.

“Danielle and I are through, Val…” He reminds me as softly as possible but I know his patience is already wearing thin of my stubbornness.

“I know,” I mumble still not meeting his eyes. “What do you want me to do, then?”

I can see him glow at my question as if he’s taking it as a positive sign that I am finally opening up. It’s Liam; he always sees the good in the bad. He always overlooks other people‘s negative personality. That’s why people take advantage of him, that’s his strong point at the same time, his weakness.

“I just want you to give her a chance. Lighten up a bit… She’s not bad after all, Val. You’ll see.” The cheery tone in his voice makes me sick. How could he think of her that way? She embarrassed him several times during their high school, how dare he expect her to be that nice still? Wake up, Liam!

“Okay…” I almost choke at my word but I say it anyway. I just agreed because I don’t want Liam and me to have this conversation anymore. I’m just so allergic whenever he says or mouths her name, even the pronoun that refers to her. Though it’s going to be a hard work, I’ll try liking her then, or I could at least fake it.

To my words, he hastily scoots closer to me and throws his arm around my shoulder, pulling me against his side. I instinctively lean my head on his shoulder while he rubs my arm fondly.

“That’s my girl.” He says proudly and kisses my temple.

I’ll just try, Liam… It’s not going to be easy.

*******

Hey! I just want to ask if you really, really want a “HARRY’s POV”?
Because I’m kinda thinking about it… Hahah

If I get at least five comments saying they want Harry’s POV, then I might just do it. But if not, then it’s something very convenient for me, but I am open to it. LOL

Come on, comment hard! I have a surprise for you on the next chapter too. Hahah

Please don’t forget to vote.
And btw, thank you guys for keeping me ranked!
I keep going up. Wow that’s crazy! Haha

Thanksss!

Love,
Glyz <3

PS: Dedicated to @NatalieKind! Thanks for the comments and votes. Loveyouuu xx

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

112K 7.4K 100
"Louis. You're my guardian angel. You saved my life." I say shakily. My voice is unstable and I can't even recognize it anymore. I squeeze his soft w...
1.1K 64 14
*****SEQUEL TO LIVING WITH LOUIS***** ****READ LIVING WITH LOUIS OR THIS WILL MAKE NO SENSE AT ALL**** Hannah and Louis are getting serious. They are...
6.3M 54.2K 53
"It wasn't like I was a hater or anything, I just had better things to do than stalk One Direction's Twitter and Facebook page." Ella Strauss once sa...
74K 521 30
Lacey's life is a disaster. Her dad is abusive, and her mom left when Lacey was two. Now, she is taking care of Elena, her little sister. While takin...