Last Chance

Da AliasToBi

Being constantly compared to ones brother can make one feel neglected. This is the case for Kai Walker. His b... Altro

Summary
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two

Chapter Sixteen

3.4K 173 18
Da AliasToBi

I awoke in lying in snow as the headache I currently felt swirled through my head. I rubbed my forehead as I slowly began to sit up. Where the hell am I? The last thing I remember was the cave, then the tunnels, then the kiss, and then... Bailey!

I shot up quickly, completely ignoring my headache as I looked around. Panic filled my gaze before it turned to confusion. Why is there all this snow? Where the hell am I? These questions kept coming back to my mind.

"Don't worry. She safe." Came a calm smooth masculine voice from in front of me. I looked forward and found a knight with a long flowing white cape, and a set of pure golden armour. He looked to be of high standing and with his long white hair, it would seemed odd for him to not be.

"Who are you?" I asked him as I slowly stood up, never letting my gaze leave his.

"You asked to speak with me. Here I am." The man said and instantly I knew his name. Vernon Perrier-Holland. CEO of Travent Corp. He is finally here.

"Finally." I said as I walked closer to him. And at the same time finding where he brought me. We were standing on a large mountain overlooking the world before us. I could see the cities as they appeared to be minuscule from this position.

"You have a few questions." He asked still no smile nor any emotion came through his voice.

"Yes I do. First off. Why are you doing this to me?" I asked him without looking in his direction and keeping my gaze on the magnificent view before me.

"You tested higher than anyone we have before. Your connection to the system surpassed our expectations, and more to the fact, your parents were the first to actually sign over rights to your unconscious body." He replied honestly as if it meant nothing.

"Then why do this in the first place. I know what you are trying to accomplish. But I don't know for what reason you need it to happen now." I told him as the knowledge flowed through my mind.

"How do you now all this? We have never made it known to anyone." Vernon said with a concerned expression crossing his face.

"Haha." I laughed softly as I regarded him. How could he predict that the old gods still remained on this planet. That they chose to live out the remainder of their lives here instead of their respective worlds. "Odin granted my his eye of knowledge."

"Odin? As in thee Odin?" Vernon said as confusion filled his voice.

"Yeah, him." I told him as I turned to look at him. "You are aware how all this is most likely to play out?" I said and saw the recognition cross his face. "Ah, you do."

"So what?" He said indifferently. "Just stop it here before anything happens on Earth. That is all that is needed."

"You do understand what you're asking, don't you?" I asked him and saw that he was not liking this conversation. "The Ruler of this planet does not take lightly to you using it as an experiment ground. He is angered and he will retaliate."

"Then stop him." Vernon said as if it was obvious. Did he not know what we were up against? Did he not know that the Ruler of this planet was strong enough to remove the gods from relevance? He was the one who caused the gods to lose power, he was the one who killed most of them. And now he wants me to simply stop him?

"You don't know what you're talking about." I told him as if scolding a child. "I am not strong enough yet to even be worthy of his attention. Plans change. You need to be ready on your side when the Demon Lord decides to take charge. He will find you and he will most likely succeed in his revenge."

"You need to stop him. We gave you the ability of the old heroes. he abilities that no one has ever seen in thousands of years. You need to stop him before more perish at his hands. You cannot allow him to come to Earth." Vernon said as if ordering me to do as he asked.

"Are you listening to yourself?" I told him as I failed to understand his train of thought. "You gave him a way to get to you. You gave him a path to your world. He will follow it and he will destroy everything. That is what he does."

"It doesn't matter. Just kill him and everything is solved. We have put far too many resources into this project and we will not be stopped. We will lose everything." Vernon became angry and was on the verge of shouting at me.

"You're worried about money when the fate of the all the human lives in both this world and ours hangs in the balance?" I asked him with a shocked face. I thought he would be a passionate man that would at least care for human lives, but he is just worried about the money he will lose. I have lost all respect for this man.

"Doesn't matter anymore." I told him as I turned from his gaze and looked out over the view to the world. "Just tell me one thing. I forcibly cut the connection to a player named RedGlory. Is she safe? Are there any side effects to what I did? And more to the fact, how the hell did I do that?" I asked him in quick succession.

"There are some things that even we do not understand." Vernon said as a small breeze began to sway his hair. "Of course, we will look into things this side as well."

"Thank you." I said as I only just realized as to how I would get back. "Ah, Vernon?" I said with a confused expression, however, he seemed to know exactly what I was thinking.

"I only teleported your consciousness here. I will put it back once we are finished." He said with a smirk. Arrogant bastard. "And that man is not a Demon Lord. There are no demons in this world."

"I know, but its the term that best fits his temperament." I said with a soft laugh before I found myself waking up in the tunnel once more.

I quickly looked around and found Ninja asleep between my legs and no sign of Bailey. Then that means she was successfully logged out. A huge relief washed over me now that I know she is safe.

I stood up waking Ninja in the process, and stretched outwardly. It seems as if I slept for a while. Motioning for Ninja to follow me, i wanted to completed this stage without Bailey here. Especially if she is perceptible to the damage system this side.

So I travelled through the tunnels kill in everything that came across my path. I had long since cast aside the notion of holding back due to the tunnels, as I really wanted this day to be over.

Ninja, as usual, did nothing but stick to my right shoulder. What the he'll is wrong with this cat. First it is lazy and then awakens to a godlike state and then becomes lazy again. Stupid cat.

The light ahead of the tunnels grew brighter as I finally began to reach my destination. The site that would be my greatest fight yet. A fight for the egg that would aid in my main quest. A quest I cannot fail.

I came upon the exit slowly knowing what lay before it. The cavern was huge and had no ceiling. Instead the walls ended as I part of mountain peak, revealing the vast sky above.

The area was large and flat with a stone wall near the end. In front of the wall was an enormous twiglike nest that was formed from multitudes of trees. Atop the nest, sat the reddish egg I was looking for. The egg that would end this silly side quest.

As I took a step towards it a low growl sounded out. Rattling my very core.

"Who dares to trespass in my home?" A large growling voice boomed all around me. It would seem the territory has finally made its way home. "Do you intend to steal my child before it hatches?" The voice added before the sound of huge flapping wings could be heard.

I looked up at the large beast that hovered down to the ground. The magnificence of its shining red scales. The muscles that made it one of the strongest beasts there is. The beast that many would flee with fear. The territory boss within the single digit ranking.

Territory Boss #3: J'Sanguna, The Red Dragon.

I knew this would be a frightening fight, but if I could not beat Th I monster then how would I kill the man who ruled the world?

"My apologies, Dragon." I said as courteous as I could. Even if I had to kill this beast, I could still be respectful. Only because I have always wanted to meet a Dragon. I was a little sad finding out it was only ranked three, as it should have been number one. Of course, I was a little biased. "But we must fight. I have to progress with my mission which unfortunately includes you."

"Then so be it." The Dragon leaned back on its back two legs as it reared its head back. In an instant his head shot forward and an enormous column of intense fire shot in my direction.

I think I made a mistake coming here.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerĂ  anche

976 51 15
After a nuclear war nearly in 2150 the whole Earth has become uninhabitable for humans. There are some major cities which are still running but have...
Abigail Da Hannah

Teen Fiction

58.5K 1.7K 30
(In editing) She's depressed. She's anorexic. She's suicidal. She's insecure. Abigail has grown up with her three brothers and James, never meeting h...
18 0 9
"In the not-so-distant future, where the boundaries between the real world and the virtual one blur into obscurity, a group of audacious teenagers da...
1.1K 33 128
I started off as nothing, just a mass of consciousness that slowly evolved. Just your average overpowered existence hungry for a multiverse adventure...