Misconceptions ✔

By geethu_sweetie28

Highest ranking: #4 in Indian; #7 in General Fiction; #7 in politics. •2nd place category winner of The Stell... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1:First Encounter
Chapter 2: Clash of the Titans
Chapter 3: Vile plan and major decisions
Chapter 4: Vows of forever(?)
Chapter 5: Truth and collaboration
Chapter 6: Naughty guy and arrogant girl
Chapter 7: First day of marriage
Chapter 8: Chief Minister. Arjun Mehra
Chapter 9: (Un)Known feelings
Chapter 10: Jealous Arjun
Chapter 11: Realisations
Chapter 12: Dinner to muse on
Chapter 13: What in the Sam Hill?
Chapter 15: Surprise gift opening
Chapter 16: A dream that has come true
Chapter 17: The Devil
Chapter 18: Mrs. Radhika Arjun
Chapter 19: A glimpse of the past
Chapter 20: Work is God
Chapter 21: A step towards Tweety
Chapter 22: A danger
Tagged (Not an update)
Chapter 23: Fear
Chapter 24: The Punishment
Chapter 25: The Past.
Chapter 26: The confessions.
Chapter 27: The Seduction
Chapter 28: The Reconciliations
Chapter 29: The Old Skeletons {with flesh}
Chapter 30: Behind the masks.
Chapter 31: The Disclosure.
Chapter 32: The Aftermath
Chapter 33: The Villain
Chapter 34: The Blast
Epilogue

Chapter 14: A Dream?

5.8K 322 183
By geethu_sweetie28

Salaam everyone... How are you all?? Here is the next chapter of misconceptions... Happy reading...

~~~~~~~~~~~

NehaPriya2 : Happy birthday sweetheart. May you celebrate many more birthdays such as this and spread the smiles. This is a small token of gift from my side.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Arjun returns home to find Radhika in deep thought standing against the railing of the balcony. He didn't want to disturb her and thinks to freshen up before asking her about the matter she was thinking. He does the same and sees that she didn't move from her place. What can be the thing that is disturbing her and not allowing her to move from her place? He didn't want to throw arrows in dark and so he came behind her and put his hands on her waist. Radhika was startled for a moment, but when she saw the person behind her she relaxes her body against her and takes in a long breath of air. When Arjun thought she is relaxed and can be asked any questions, he asked her the matter which she was thinking.

'What's the matter Doll? What made you drown in so deep thoughts?'

'Hmm... You.'

'Me?'

'Yes, you.'

'What did I do now? Except for the last stunt of inviting cartoon minister to our home, I didn't pull any other stints.'

'You did so much more other than that.'

'I'm not a mind-reader Doll. Explain to me what were you thinking.'

'I love you.' declared Radhika.

Arjun was stunned for a moment. Did she just confess her love? Is he dreaming or something? How can she confess her love when in the morning she left him without even saying a goodbye? He is not expecting this confession all of a sudden and that put his mind in chaos. How can she do this? Nope, this is all a dream.

Wake up Arjun!!!

He even pinched himself and saw he is seeing the same thing before he closed his eyes. His wife is in his arms confessing her love. Should he be excited or overwhelmed? God knows what he must be feeling now because he is unable to put a word for his emotions. His wife declaring her love, this is the best day of his life.

But wait, what if she is saying all these in some sort of dilemma!! She cannot put his and her mind in dark and confess her feelings. She must be tired of all the things that happened between them. He didn't want her to confess her love due to some obligation. He wants her to feel his love before declaring anything.

'Doll, I think you are tired. Let's put you to bed and we will talk about this later. Alright?'

'Do you think I am confessing my love due to some obligations?'

'Maybe.'

'I don't believe this. You think I will declare my love to anyone who intrigues me. You think I am a fool to confess my feelings before you confess anything. And you also think I said all these because I am tired? Shame on you and I hate you Arjun.' Said Radhika and removed his hands around her waist and moved to the bedroom.

'I love you and hate you both on the same day? Wow!! I think this clears my doubt that you are tired.' Said Arjun following her to the bedroom.

'Dodge this.' Said Radhika and did her favourite thing that is throwing pillow to his face.

'Why can't you stop throwing pillows to my face?'

'Why can't you stop asking me stupid questions then?'

'I will try but I cannot stop myself being a fool and a stupid around you, you see.' Said Arjun with a wink making Radhika groan in frustration.

'Can you be sensible for a while?'

'As I said that's not going to happen around you.'

'Okay, I was meaning to do something from a long time.'

'What?'

'This.' Said Radhika and locked her lips to his.

After a moment of recovering from the shock, he kissed her back pulling her more into his body by her waist. He wants to remind every inch of her body and wants her even closer. Can this day be more exciting? Even though his morning has gone bad without her chirpiness, his evening was a worth to wait for. She put her hands around his neck pulling him to her. Arjun was overwhelmed to see his little beautiful wife confessing her love all over again through her kiss. He wants her more than he wanted anything in his life. He knew that she is his life now and he is never going to leave her for anything.

When they both came up for air, the first thing Arjun told her is that he loves her too and doesn't know the time when he has fallen in love with her but he is deep in love with her.

'You are my heart Doll. I can't leave you now after knowing you love me back. I love you for all eternity.'

'Thank you.' said Radhika with tears in her eyes.

'Why?' breathed Arjun.

'I didn't think you loved me back.'

'You should have known this way before because of my actions. I have become a love-struck teenager around you.'

'I know.' Said Radhika with her lovely laugh.

'Keep that smile on your face Doll. That is my lifeline. And you don't even have the slightest idea what you do to me.'

'What is that I do to you?' asked Radhika with a mischievous smile on her face.

'You put my body on fire whenever you touch me or even look at me.' Said Arjun pulling her closer and by holding both her hands on the top of her head, sandwiching her between the wall and his body.

'Oh!!' whispered Radhika.

'Yes.'

'So I don't get to touch you or look at you?' asked Radhika with a devil smile playing on her lips.

'Nope. You cannot touch me unless you want your body beneath me on our bed.' Said Arjun and even though there is no one to listen to them, he whispered naked in her ears.

That sent another round of wonderful tingling in her body. How can this man be so perfect for her? There is no safer place to her other than his arms. There is no one who can comfort her so easily just with their touch. His hands feel so right on her body whenever and wherever they touch her. She shouldn't be thinking about all the rubbish he spoke the previous night because he is standing before her and confessing his love. She did it again, she was drowning in her thoughts and he is calling her.

'Radhika!!'

Why is he calling her Radhika? Doesn't he call her that when some other person is there in their presence? And to her knowledge, there is no one in the house except them.

'Radhika!!!'

This one is stronger than the other one, why is he shouting her name when she is only inches distance from him? Did he lose his senses because she confessed her feelings first?

'Radhika!!!'

Now, why is he shaking her? She isn't in any dream, but wait, for the love of all things that is holy, that is not Arjun's voice. That is..... Vikas's voice. But what is he doing in their bedroom?

'Radhika, wake up, you nut head.' Growled Vikas.

Okay now, all the things are clear in her head. She is daydreaming. Can't she be somewhat sensible in her work? And she is asking Arjun to be sensible in her dream. Damn all the things that are in her life. She has become a love-sick puppy in her husband's love and who is in love with his childhood sweetheart. She should jump from Niagara Falls so that there are null chances for her survival. But, oh wait, why should she jump from the waterfalls? She should push her husband who is the root cause of all her problems. Now, this Vikas is having a funny expression on his face who is accompanied by her brother. Can't this day be more entertaining? First her daydream, and then she was caught dreaming by none other than her crazy friends. Will they ever stop teasing her? She is such a mess. And her husband would have been happy in his office thinking about his childhood sweetheart. Ughh!! She should hit him on his head to make him see her love. An insufferable piece of all of the God's creations!!!

She came out of her thoughts, schooled her features and shouted "what." She expected Vikas and Hitesh to be taken aback from her frustration but the funny look on both their faces is constant. Is she losing her touch? This husband of hers should be taught a fine lesson for making her such a softy.

'Why are looking at me with those funny expressions?' tried Radhika again.

This time her devils took pity on her and answered her. Thank Goodness!!

'You should see your expression first. Why are you all red? Are you thinking about our beloved brother-in-law?' Asked Hitesh and gave a high five to Vikas who is laughing like a maniac.

'Stop it both of you. I'm not thinking about your "beloved Brother-in-law." I'm thinking about my next assignment.' Said Radhika to cover up her embarrassment. Boss!! Why is her face always giving away the things she is thinking?? She should try to keep a stoic face from now on. But the dream, it is hot to her knowledge. Had not these devils disturbed her, she would have seen more. God!! Please save me. What am I thinking? She has become shameless these days. Thinking about make out session with her husband!! Radhika groaned out loud when this thought crossed her mind again.

'Ah!! Next assignment, is it? But as far as I know I didn't assign anything that brings such red shade to your face. Am I missing something here?' asked Vikas dragging Radhika out of her thoughts.

'You didn't assign anything but I am thinking to perform something on my own and then inform you.' said Radhika exasperated.

Why can't these people leave her alone and let her drown in her thoughts? She is so sure that her husband will not be romantic to her - ever. Can't she even dream about being romantic with her husband now?

'And what that might be?' said Vikas and when Radhika is about to open her mouth to say something, he said out loud, 'Kissing your husband???'

How the hell did he guess that?? Did he fix any spy cameras in her head? What is she thinking again? She is a total gone case now.

Sensing her astonishment on his words, Vikas said...

'See!! We are always correct about you. Didn't we guess it right that you are thinking about our beloved brother-in-law? And you always being Radhika, The famous nut head, will not accept any of it.'

'I am not...' started Radhika between her clenched jaws but was cut short by Hitesh.

'Oh!! Don't even try to reject our guess. It is written all over your face.'

'Fine!! I am thinking about your hero slash beloved slash adorable brother-in-law. Are you happy now?'

'When did we say hero or adorable?' queried Vikas.

'She is just improvising our words Vikas. Is it not, sister?' said Hitesh.

Ignoring her both Vikas and Hitesh were talking about Arjun and were in their own world. But the reality dawned upon and pushed her down to the ground with its weight. Arjun is not hers anymore. He belongs to his childhood sweetheart. All the pain which she thought she buried in the darkest corner of her heart made its way to the forefront showing her how weak her love for Arjun was. She tuned out the ramblings of Vikas and Hitesh only to see the truth watching her eye-to-eye. That brought another fresh set of tears and before she knew what she was doing or before she can shut her feelings, the traitorous tears made their way to her eyes and flowing freely on her face. Vikas and Hitesh who saw her were stunned but came out of it quickly and asked her the reason. She explained everything that she overheard the other night, yes dear, who does she have to share her pain other than these two. Her husband's name was struck out from the list of eligible pain sharers. Come to think of it, even she shares her pain to him; the only thing she will ever get from him will be mockery. He will mock her feelings towards him.

Vikas and Hitesh took in all the information she has to say and left her alone to sort out her thoughts. She doesn't know what they are going to do with this information and she doesn't even have the strength to confront anyone on this matter. Better this is left in the way it is.

~~~~~~~

End of the fourteenth chapter. How did you like Radhika's dream here? I think many of you have guessed it to be a dream beforehand because of the equations Arjun and Radhika have between them. If not, I am so happy to lead you all there where Arjun and Radhika are having their sweet moment. I didn't think this scene while I was thinking about the storyline. It just happened to strike my brain recently and I thought to use it in here. Did you like it?? I so loved writing this, though.

What do you think Hitesh and Vikas will do now?? You guys know what; even I don't know what they are going to do, so the author herself doesn't know anything that's going to happen in future. Haha...

Anyways coming back, I have written this chapter to break myself out from the massive writer's block that caught my brain earlier this month. Doesn't this sound like a disease? I think that is what it is actually. So this is what happened all the while I opened my laptop. I open my laptop, type some random words only to see that it is not to the mark. I have to go back and delete the entire document only to see that is not helping the matters instead increasing it. Sometimes I kept imagining my keyboard magically got some hands and typing whatever I was thinking in my mind, psst, that's not going to happen, you see. So on the advice of my other author friends, I took a break and here I am typing all the rubbish that came to my mind.

myraSinha , Anjalir30 , 007rossy ---Thank you so much guys for helping me out when I was totally drowned in the writer's block.

Please let me know how this chapter went from the comments section and share your love for the story through your votes. I would love to read your thoughts and also someone please help me out naming this chapter, my mind is a chaos and I was unable to come up more than this.

Love you all and have a great ahead.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40K 2.9K 63
Language- Hinglish ( Hindi + English ) { Under Editing } This is the journey of RAGHAV SINGHANIA and PIHU SHAW after their marriage .How they...
30.7K 4.9K 31
Anubhav Singh: The esteemed DSP of Lucknow, known as the fearless tiger of department. Haseena: A kind-hearted pediatrician at New Life Hospital. Bot...
10.6K 486 38
Am I alive?? How is it possible?? I died , right?? I was betrayed and killed by my husband and best friend?? Why do I look 10 years younger?? This is...
27.3K 1.6K 19
𝔸 ʳᵒᵐᵃⁿᶜᵉ, ʷʰᵉʳᵉ ᵈᵉˢⁱʳᵉ ʷᵉᵃʳˢ ᵗʰᵉ ᶜˡᵒᵃᵏ ᵒᶠ ᵐʸˢᵗᵉʳʸ, ᵃⁿᵈ ᵖᵃˢˢⁱᵒⁿ ᵗʰʳⁱᵛᵉˢ ⁱⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ᵃʳᵗ ᵒᶠ ˢᵉᶜʳᵉᵗˢ. 𝕍𝕚𝕓𝕙𝕒𝕧 ℝ𝕒𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕣𝕖 the formidable entreprene...