The Wolves of Cain

Por AbigailMartin467

*Book 1 of the City of Cain Trilogy* Cover made by @Silverless Lucas and Mason Hallow are 16 year old twin br... Mais

Citizens of Cain
Lunar Escape
The Blame Falls Amiss
Some Side Effects May Include...
A Sickening Healing Process
Loud Music and Sensitive Ears
Dizzy Times and a Shocking Crisis
Half Truths and Full On Lies
Unexplainable Occurrences
Anger Issues and a Single Discovery
The Casters
Questioning Quarrels
Golden Eyes
All in Your Head
Freeze Tag
Just Hanging Out
The Day After: Realizations
Confrontation
One and the Same Dream
The Search For a Stranger
Deception
The First Hunting Party
Packless
Spiteful and Sweet Goodbyes
Wolf Talk
The Lone Alpha
Situation Stalker
Under the Clouds
New Identity
Don't Let Others Do You A Solid
Practically Royalty
Incomprehensible Talks
It Doesn't Come Naturally
The Mysterious Brownie
The Reveal
Cares in Code
Finally, He Asks
Power Hungry
Fearless! Or Maybe Not...
Relationship Status
Sob Stories & Concocted Drinks
Do What You Have To
Protecting Makes Him Fierce
Wolf Puns
Hearts Can Lie
Shifting Memories
This Isn't You
In Your Wildest Dreams
Only For Family
Here For You
New Level of Weird
The Business Trip
The Night Shift
Unwanted Savior
The Past is Past
The Newest Ability
Fake It Till You Make It
Overprotective of Opinions
Unsettling Reactions
The Other Side of Him
Surprise!
Causing Chaos
The Doctor Knows Best
The Emotional Ex-Wolf
How You Get The Girl
Running Forward and Looking Back
Sequel: The Secrets of Cain

Hopeless Ones Who Fight On

170 16 17
Por AbigailMartin467

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Date 3-17-17

This chapter reminds me of the song "Wolf Bite" by Owl City. Obviously :P

The picture above is the lyrics to that song :)

And yes, this chapter made me really sad. You'll understand once you read it.

Try not to hate me for this chapter... *cringe*

Get on with the story now!

-------------------------------------

Chapter 54: Hopeless Ones Who Fight On

Lucas growls dangerously at Adrian. Lucas is so angry that he could tear Adrian apart right now. But Adrian in his wolf form attacks first.

Lucas doesn't see the details of the wolf besides its eyes, and Lucas doesn't really care. The wolf, Adrian, slams Lucas into the ground with the force of its brute strength. How is Lucas supposed to go up against an Alpha?

Lucas knows that even if Mason helps, they can't overpower an Alpha. But they can sure try, even if it is hopeless.

Then something Lucas never thought would happen, never, actually happens. Mason attacks Adrian the wolf, knocking him off of Lucas.

Lucas takes a big choking breath and leaps to his feet in a crouch.

Mason has always ran when he's scared. Even when they got bit, Mason ran, leaving Lucas to face the wolf alone. But Mason didn't run this time.

Mason and the wolf are rolling on the ground from the momentum of Mason's attack. Mason hasn't shifted, but is clawing at Adrian.

Adrian the wolf bites down on Mason's arm just as Lucas jumps forward to help. Mason yells in pain and Adrian kicks him back with his wolf paws.

Mason flies into Lucas, knocking them both to the ground. Lucas and Mason roll a few times before separating and jumping back up.

Lucas is about to attack when he feels a weird pull in his side, like a muscle spasm. Lucas yells and stumbles back when his heart clenches.

Adrian throws his head back in a howl that is probably meant to be a laugh.

Lucas falls to the ground right next to Mason. Lucas hadn't even realized that Mason didn't get up.

Mason is curled up in a ball, clutching at his heart above his chest. He's not yelling in pain, but he doesn't look comfortable either as his body tries to shift into a wolf.

Lucas scrambles backwards so his back is against a tree as he breathes in gasps. Lucas can feel something shifting inside of him.

Adrian speaks in his mind again. His voice isn't the same, but Lucas doesn't think the voice has a voice in his head. Meaning the voice is just thoughts, no sound.

"You can't fight on your first shift into a werewolf. Your body won't let you stop once it's started."

Lucas scowls at Adrian the wolf, but can't manage a growl because his breathing is too erratic.

He comes closer slowly, tauntingly. Practically begging Lucas to dare to attack. His red eyes bore into Lucas' golden ones.

"Now I get to kill you." The voice/thought says in Lucas' mind. Mason sits up with a growl and attacks Adrian, making Lucas believe that Mason hears the mind voice too.

Mason digs his claws into Adrian's side with a warrior cry, attempting to save himself and Lucas.

Adrian turns and sinks his teeth into Mason's vulnerable side. A horrible ripping sound occurs and blood the color of Adrian's eyes floods onto the ground.

"NO!!!" Lucas yells, distraught as he watches his brother collapse to the ground in a pool of his own blood, right in front of him.

Lucas attacks Adrian blindly, relying absolutely on his instincts that he doesn't know much about yet.

Lucas slashes his claws across Adrian's wolf face and relishes in the blood dripping from his claws.

Lucas roars and swipes at Adrian again, but he dodges it this time.

Lucas is once again hit with the shifting feeling deep inside his stomach. Lucas stumbles into a tree, gripping it tightly to keep from falling over. "No." Lucas groans out.

"Oh, yes. I told you that you can't fight. Not tonight. Which is why tonight I'll be killing you." Lucas can hear the gleeful smirk in Adrian's thoughts in his head.

Lucas pretends to be too weak to move, shutting his eyes tightly as if awaiting death. But no, Lucas won't lay down for a quick death. No way, not with Mason laying on the ground, looking quite dead, a few feet away.

Lucas listens closely while Adrian advances, taking his time because he thinks he's going to win.

Lucas turns and lashes his foot out viciously, connecting with Adrian's snout. There's a crack and blood drips down to the ground.

Lucas quickly moves away from the tree to have more fighting room, even though he's feeling dizzy and sick.

Lucas makes sure to go away from where Mason is laying, not dead. Totally alive. At least, that's what Lucas tells himself.

Lucas wants badly to help Mason, but if Lucas does, they'll both certainly die.

Adrian snarls furiously at Lucas. Now he's really mad. Lucas feels a trickle of fear try to settle in his heart, but Lucas pushes that away.

Lucas doesn't have time for fear when he's in the middle of shifting into a werewolf and trying to fight off Adrian, another werewolf.

Lucas snarls back, just as furious, if not more. Adrian hurt Mason. Now Lucas must hurt Adrian. In Lucas' head, this is the only way.

But before Lucas can attack, he doubles over in pain. A low groan leaves Lucas' mouth. This can't be happening. Fight! Fight!

When Lucas attempts to straighten up, Adrian attacks. He bites down deep on Lucas' leg, then leaps as far away as he can to avoid being hurt again.

Lucas curses and barely stays upright. Pain is radiating through his whole leg now, starting at the bite mark under his knee. Lucas scrunches up his face in pain to keep from screaming.

Then Lucas suddenly can't feel his hurt leg anymore, or his other leg. Lucas' arms feel as if they're stretching, then Lucas is on the ground on his back.

"No! You have to get up!" Lucas tells himself. He flips over onto his stomach and attempts to stand.

Lucas' legs shake but hold him up. But his right hind leg is still killing him. Wait... What? Hind leg?

Adrian attacks then, coming at Lucas at eye level. Lucas rushes forward to meet Adrian in the middle.

The wind rustles Lucas' fur for a second before he crashes into Adrian. Lucas gets it then, while he's snapping at Adrian, trying to bite into his neck. Lucas turned completely into a wolf.

Lucas feels stronger than before. He seems to have more energy as a wolf. And more fighting skills, fortunately.

Lucas claws at Adrian with his paws to keep Adrian out of reach of his neck, while also trying to get in reach of Adrian's neck. It's much harder than it sounds.

After a minute of this push and pull situation, Adrian bites down on Lucas' neck, sending shooting pains throughout his whole body.

Lucas immediately goes limp, unable to move more than a twitch of his paw.

Adrian lets go and steps back instead of killing Lucas. What is he doing? Lucas can't ask him because he doesn't believe wolves can talk.

"But you can ask. You just did, in my head." Adrian says in amusement.

Lucas manages a growl of hatred, but that's it. The bite wound on his neck feels like it's sucking the life out of him.

Lucas now remembers what Adrian said about wolves being able to talk in wolves' minds, but Lucas doesn't want to talk to him.

"Now I get to kill you." Adrian says happily.

Lucas realizes that he's not paralyzed. His limbs just feel very very heavy. But will that help? Adrian is about to kill him and Lucas still can't move.

Lucas prays it's a fast ending, not one full of pain. And he hopes Mason passed over okay. He believes that Mason deserves to go to heaven. Lucas wouldn't mind joining Mason there.

Lucas thinks about his parents. Who will tell them that their sons died? How long until someone even finds out that they're dead?

Lucas thinks of Jerica and how rude she has always been to him. He hopes she doesn't feel too bad about this. She should live a normal life after all of this.

Mason's face pops up next in Lucas' head, but with Mason laying next to him bleeding on the ground, Lucas can't bear to think of him.

Lucas then thinks of Lena and her bright smile that's always sincere. Lucas pictures her turning to wave goodbye to him. Her orange hair a shining halo with the afternoon sun glowing softly behind her. Those adorable freckles under her beautiful blue eyes.

Lucas has to shut that image off when it turns to Lena crying over his death. "No, she'll be fine." Lucas tells himself quickly.

Lucas once again tries to force his new paws to work, but they won't. They refuse as Lucas' neck throbs painfully.

"Goodnight wolfy." Adrian the wolf says condescendingly.

Lucas somehow manages to get out one last growl of defiance before he feels the pain in his neck rise until it engulfs him.

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

675 26 10
• (ℭ𝔥𝔦𝔩𝔡𝔯𝔢𝔫 𝔬𝔣 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔐𝔬𝔬𝔫, 𝔅𝔬𝔬𝔨 I) Addie is a social loner and she doesn't feel almost anything. Whatever she did, that emotional b...
247K 14.8K 22
Nina Belmonte knows her way around death. As the daughter of skin witches lost in a magical catastrophe when she was just a baby, she grew up used to...
24 1 27
This story is about two brothers, Cain and Abel and their journey through life with their mate, Winnie. They will make choices along the way that wi...
6.1M 211K 61
HIGHEST RANK: #4 as of 3/8/17 *PLEASE READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION, THIS BOOK WAS WRITTEN WHEN I WAS 16 YEARS OLD, THIS BOOK IS NOT PERFECT BY ANY MEA...