For The Love Of Food |NY•2 ✅

By JessicaMorel0

Mark Jacobs is a Chef with three Michelin Stars after his name. He is head chef and owner of a fancy New York... More

Authors Note
One
Two
Three
For The Love Of Food - Now On Inkitt

Prologue

7.9K 286 14
By JessicaMorel0

A/N: Thank you for picking 'For The Love Of Food'!!

I will update this story every Monday(Australian time) 😉

This book is stand alone but does follow the story of Mark Jacobs and Amber Bishop who were first introduced in my story 'Lift Guy'

Please Vote and Comment and Follow me 😉 @JessicaMorel0

ENJOY!!

.....................

"Hey Maddie how about lunch?"

"Where's Dylan?"

"Got an interview for some story. He is in Hartford." So he put me on babysitting duty. I like Maddie she is great girl. Dylan's girl. My best friend has the best luck.
I look around the lobby. Madison just finished a shoot and it looks like she isn't the only model done for the day.

Oh my god.

In the corner with a group of other models is the most gorgeous woman I've ever seen. She has that super blonde hair but it looks natural not fake like the girl next to her. She is tanned. The girl looks like she just came from the beach.

I'm staring.
I can't look away.
Oh great Madison noticed.

"Hellllooooooo!" Maddie follows my gaze. Oh my god she just smiled. The gorgeous girl just smiled and I'm pretty sure I just stopped breathing. I wonder what her name is...

"Her name is Amber," Maddie says reading my mind. Amber. Beautiful. Be cool Mark.

"What?"

"The girl you're staring at"

BE COOL!
"I don't know what you are talking about"

"Ok sure," Maddie turns away from me oh god! She is waving at her. I think I'm going to puke, "hey Amber. Come here a sec"

"What the hell Madison?" I growl at her through gritted teeth.

"Hi Maddie, what's up?" That voice. She is like an angel. She has an accent. It is subtle.

"My friend Mark and I were just going to get some lunch do you have plans?" Madison asks cheerfully. I almost pass out from embarrassment. I have to talk to Dylan about keeping his woman in line. Oh who am I kidding he would have done the same thing.

"Nope free as a bird" Amber replied. That voice! Definitely an accent like a twang at the end of her words.

"Great" Maddie leads us out to where John is parked. I can't stop staring at Amber. I know I'm being creepy but I seriously can't stop "Hey John, to Rockefeller please" Maddie says as we hop in. Rockefeller? Right Dolce.

"Of course Miss"

I sit opposite the girls and can't stop looking at Amber I'm trying to take in every detail. Her eyes are different. I think you'd call the colour hazel. One second they are blue, then green, then a mix. It is almost as though the colour changes with her expressions.

As John pulls away from the curb Amber begins to shift awkwardly under my gaze. I'm a class 'A' creep! Look away Mark!!

"I can't believe you have a limo and driver Maddie" Amber says turning to Mads.

"Dylan's doing" Maddie admits smiling at her, out of the corner of my eye I see Madison turn to me. She shoots me look that tells me to pull it together before asking. "Mark you never answered me before. Are we going to Dolce?" I nod my gaze unmoving.

"Dolce?" Amber clarifies, "I have heard it is awesome. Have you got a reservation? I've been trying for weeks." What? Why didn't Stella let her in? Or come find me? Or...

"We don't need a reservation," Maddie explains.

"Oh. Because of Dylan?" She asks. Of course she'd think it was Dylan. I notice her squirm again.

"No because of Mark" Maddie says and suddenly Amber's eyes lock with mine.

"Oh?" She smiles at me. Breathe Mark! Breathe! In and out!

"I'm head chef at Dolce. I own it" I say so quietly I'm practically whispering. I can feel my face turning red. I'm blushing! Madison's eyes are burrowing into the side of my head. She is getting a kick out of seeing me uncomfortable.

"Oh my gosh! That is incredible. Wow. This day just got amazing" Really? She is impressed?

The car stops and the three of us hop out. Stella sees us approaching and moves the velvet rope aside.
"Good afternoon Mr Jacobs. Miss Johnston. Are you here for lunch?"

"Hi Stella. Yes we are, uh... this is Amber"
Amber immediately extends her hand.

"Amber Bishop. Nice to meet you"

"And you Miss Bishop. Your normal table is free sir"

"Thank you"

"You guys go ahead I'm just going to make a call" Maddie says as I lead Amber inside. She is calling Dylan. Most likely to relay this situation. Gah that girl!

Amber and I reach our table at the back and I pull out her chair. Amber thanks me silently as she sits.

"She is calling Dylan isn't she?" Amber asks as she picks up the menu.

"Who else?" I roll my eyes as I place her napkin on her lap. I snap my fingers to the bar and Charlie nods letting me know he is coming.

"I think they are sweet. The way he stares at her. Their private jokes. I'd like that" Amber admits honestly. Her face turns pink and she looks down at the menu.
I'm about to respond when Charlie reaches us.

"Usual Mr Jacobs?" My usual was whiskey. But I'm with a girl. A gorgeous girl.

"Uh. What about wine?"

Amber looks up at me, "What's your usual?"

"Whiskey. Neat"

She smiles, "that sounds great" this girl is perfect. Charlie nods at me approvingly as though reading my mind.

"So, two?"

"Oh Madison is here as well"

"Three it is. I'll be right back"

Amber smiles as he walks away.

"Your accent? You aren't from New York are you?"

"Is it that obvious?" she pushes a stray hair from her face. "I moved here about three months ago to model. I'm from Australia"

"Wow. Big move. Do you miss home?"

"A little. But I have a big family. They probably don't notice I'm missing"

"I think they'd miss someone as gorgeous as you" wow corny Mark. Amber blushes.

"You are a smooth talker Mark. Are you from New York?"

"Boston."

"What does your family do?"

"My mum is still in Boston, she is a lecturer at Harvard, Medical Science. I haven't seen my sister in a while she is a doctor and has been living in South Africa. She is coming home soon."

"Something tells me you were supposed to be a doctor"

"That was the plan but if I were we wouldn't be sitting here"

"Thank you so much for letting me tag along"

"Of course"

"How do you know Maddie anyway?"

"I'm Dylan's best friend"

Amber and I lock eyes and just stare.

"Good afternoon Mr Jacobs. Are you ready to order?" Chloe one of my regular waitresses asks interrupting our silence.

Amber breaks out of our trance first. "Oh. I haven't looked"

"May I?" I offer and she nods. Chloe hands me her notepad, "you aren't allergic to anything?"

"Cats" Amber says smiling.

"Well lucky for you this is not a Chinese restaurant" I joke and she laughs.

Oh. I thought her smiles was amazing her laugh is better. Musical even. Mark snap out of it.

I scribble down an order on Chloe's pad. "Give this Kyle we are three. Ms Johnson is with us."

"Ok. No problem" Chloe hurries away.

"Did you always want to be a chef?"

"Well as I alluded to before. It was expected that I'd be a doctor but I have always liked cooking. My grandmother taught me everything I know."

"That is so nice. I love to bake. I make pretty awesome cookies"

"Maybe I can try them sometime?"

"Sure" she says again smiling her gorgeous smile.

"So you like your food then?"

"I think that's why I was put on this earth," she laughs, "for the love of food"

We both lean into each other in unison.

"So..." Madison walks over to the table at the worst possible moment, "what did I miss?"

..................
Thank you for reading! ❤️
Please Vote and Comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3M 247K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...
13.3K 867 17
A story of the Billionaire and a Runaway Wife Son Yejin is about to get married to the guy she loves not until she caught him cheating with his secre...
1.1M 26.8K 45
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...
51.8K 1K 18
Everyone wants him he's rich he's sexy he's amazing plus he's rich. All the women in his company wants to either date or have a one night stand with...