Myles and Cole

By avalonbwriting

Quiet and anxious, Myles is a bundle of nerves entering his sophomore year of high school after being homesch... More

Author's Note (PLEASE READ)
Chapter 1 | Myles
Chapter 2 | Cole
Chapter 3 | Myles
Chapter 4 | Cole
Chapter 5 | Myles
Chapter 6 | Cole
Chapter 7 | Myles
Chapter 8 | Cole
Chapter 9 | Myles
Chapter 10 | Cole
Chapter 11 | Myles
Chapter 12 | Cole
Chapter 13 | Myles
Chapter 14 | Cole
Chapter 15 | Myles
Chapter 16 | Cole
Chapter 17 | Myles
Chapter 18 | Cole
Chapter 19 | Myles
Chapter 20 | Cole
Chapter 21 | Myles
Chapter 22 | Cole
Chapter 23 | Myles
Chapter 24 | Cole
Chapter 26 | Cole
Chapter 27 | Myles
Chapter 28 | Cole
Chapter 29 | Myles
Chapter 30 | Cole
Chapter 31 | Myles
Chapter 32 | Cole
Chapter 33 | Myles
Chapter 34 | Cole
Chapter 35 | Myles
Chapter 36 | Cole
Chapter 37 | Myles
Chapter 38 | Cole
Chapter 39 | Myles
Chapter 40 | Cole (END)

Chapter 25 | Myles

223K 8.4K 13.8K
By avalonbwriting

I can't say that I've ever felt this great before in my life.

The only worries I had were people finding out about me being gay. I must admit, I'm tempted to come out but I knew I wasn't quite ready yet.

It's frustratingly hard watching Cole mingle with the girls all the time.

They flutter their eyelashes, twirl their hair, giggle and place a hand on his chest or arm.

They so blatantly flirt with him. Cole never flirts back, though. So that gives me some reassurance.                   ,

Still, I wish sometimes we could be like that out in the open. But, in fact, we aren't even like that when we are alone.

But we are about to be one step closer to becoming official.

Cole has invited me to his parent's house tomorrow night.

He wants me to meet them.

And introduce me as his boyfriend.

Boyfriend. That makes me feel giddy inside.

Yes I'm nervous as hell, but this should be good. No matter the outcome.

Because it should bring us one step closer to where we want to be in our relationship.

Cole had told me that his parents had never seemed homophobic before, so we have a high chance of acceptance.

But of course there's always the fear that it could horribly wrong.

-

Watching the football boys train has basically become my favourite part of the day.

I would make my way over with Jemma and Spencer to watch Mycah and Cole practice.

Although, Jemma and Spencer come along for Jackson and Arsen. Well, I guess I do too.

Except today, it was only going to be me and Jemma, since Spencer is away with the flu.

Jemma has been relentless about finding about 'this guy' I like.

So I told her that today I would show her.

"So who is he?" She asked.

I pointed to exactly where Cole was standing. "There, that's him."

"Number 8?" Jemma said and frowned.

I see why see she frowned, Number 8 is butt ugly. But Number 8 was not Cole, just standing near him.

"No, no, not him. Ew," I chuckled. "Number 3."

"What!" She smacked my shoulder.

"Ow, what was that for?" I said.

But she ignored my question.

"Dude that's Cole! He's your boyfriend?" She asked.

Was really that hard to believe?

"Yeah..."

"Omg, he's so hot!" She shouted.

I quickly placed my hand over her mouth before she could say anymore.

The football players turned around to stare at us.

Cole looked at me and smirked like he knew what just happened. Except he didn't, he couldn't have.

Jemma was giggling hysterically.

"You guys make a cute couple. Oh, but the size difference!" She hummed.

"Huh, what's that supposed to mean?" I muttered.

"He's so tall, he's like twice your size," She said in a 'duh' like tone.

I'm starting to feel as if I'm not quite getting something.

Jemma sighed and shook her head. "He's so much bigger than you, that means he's gonna be that much bigger than you... down there."

She whispered the last words.

And then it clicked.

I gasped, "Jemma! Oh, gosh. Why on earth are you thinking about that stuff?"

She shrugged and glanced at me innocently.

"I don't know," She said. "But I must say it's gonna hurt when you have sex, you know?"

I blushed.

"Jemma, stop talking about this." I nudged her lightly with my elbow.

She cackled like a maniac.

-

"Honestly, you don't need to be so anxious. You're more nervous than me." Cole chuckled.

"I-I... Well, this is a big deal." I said.

Cole was driving me to his house for our dinner with his parents.

"True, but you've come out to Mycah and your little friend. How's this any different?" He asked.

"She's not my little friend... actually she is small. But her names Jemma." I stated.

"Right, Jemma." He said.

"Besides," I continued, "Family means everything to me. I've never really had many friendships, so I guess you could say family is more important. So I want everything  with your parents to go well."

"Fair enough." Cole said.

One hand left the wheel so he could reach over and grab my hand.

"Your hands are tiny." He commented.

"Uh, thanks."

"It's cute." Cole smirked at me.

I blushed. "Uh-huh, whatever."

I looked down at my free hand and spread out my fingers.

I guess they were small. Compared to Cole's monstrous hands anyway.

I've been inside Cole's house twice, and neither of them had left particularly fantastic memories. Hopefully, tonight it will be good.

Cole opened up the front door for me and I stepped inside.

I've noticed that Cole's house always smells really nice. His mum must have placed some sort of incense around.

"Hello, Cole," His mother greeted. "Oh, you've got a friend."

"Yeah, mum, remember I told you yesterday that I'd be bringing someone over tonight." Cole said.

"Uh, that's right. It must've slipped my mind."

A car pulled up outside and what must've been Cole's dad entered the lounge room.

I could definitely see where Cole got his height from.

"What's your name Hun?" Cole's mother said.

My attention turned back to her.

"Myles," I said quietly.

"Nice to meet you, you adorable little thing," She cooed. "I'm Marcia, this is my husband Darren."

"Nice to meet you," Darren said, shaking my hand.

"You too." I replied.

"Well, you two probably don't wanna stay down here with us, so why don't you go up to Cole's room?" His mother mentioned.

"Yeah," Cole muttered.

His parents went into the kitchen so Cole grabbed my hand and pulled me upstairs to his room.

The first thing I looked at was the picture of him and his brother on the bedside table. I went over to pick it up. I heard the door shut.

Cole coughed.

"I-I hope you don't mind me looking, I just didn't get to take a good look at it because you ended up kicking me out last time." I hurriedly explained.

I was about to put the picture down but Cole whispered. "It's fine."

He came up behind me and put his arms around my waist and rested his head on my shoulder.

I gently placed the photo down and turned around in Cole's arms so I could hug him back.

"Usually when the guys come over we throw the footy around. I don't suppose you want to do that," Cole changed the subject.

We pulled away from one another.

"Uh..." I didn't really no what to say.

Yes, I'm getting more comfortable around him, but I still don't talk as much as we would both like. I'm struggling to say that me playing football would be a crap idea.

Cole suddenly chuckles.

"W-what?" I ask.

"I was kidding you know. I'm aware that you don't really like football." He comments.

"Oh." I blush and look away.

Embarrassing. Gosh, Myles, you can't even tell when someone is joking.

"Hey," Cole spoke softly as he lifted a finger under my chin to make sure I faced him. "We can do whatever you want."

"Um, a movie," I offered.

"Sure thing, I'll just get Netflix up and going." Cole placed a chaste kiss to my lips.

-

We only got to watch about 45 minutes of the movie because Cole's mum called us down stairs for dinner.

Cole's  plan is to make a lighthearted conversation with his parents before dropping the bombshell.

I could feel butterflies in my stomach.

"Are you... um, nervous?" I asked him as we were walking down stairs.

He turned around to look back at me. "Yeah, I admit that I actually am."

I nodded.

"But I'm sure everything will be fine." He added.

"We've got spaghetti for dinner kids," Darren said.

I sat down next to Cole.

Straight away he dug into his food, whilst I sat there staring at mine.

They were generous with the size of the meals. I'm probably not gonna be able to finish this.

Cole rested spare hand on my knee underneath the table.

"So, Hun, how old are you?" Marcia asked me.

I gulped down the pasta before replying, "I'm sixteen."

"Ah, so if your not in Cole's grade, how did you meet my son?" She said.

"Uh..."

Cole spoke for me. "He's actually Mycah's little brother. That's how we know one another."

"Okay- say, why isn't Mycah here then too?" She questioned.

"Well, you see... I have something to tell you guys. It's important." Cole said.

Wait, what! He wanted to do this right now. I'm not even half way through my food. I'm not ready.

"Yeah, sweety what is it?" His mum asked.

"I'm gay."

Marcia's fork fell out of her hand and landed on her plate

"What?" Cole's dad said.

I grabbed Cole's hand that was resting on my knee.

"Look, I know this may come as a surprise and your probably not happy with this but please accept me."

Marcia rubbed her temples.

"I.." She sighed, "I can't believe this."

"Mum? Dad?" Cole murmered.

I've seen him look vulnerable before, but not scared.

"What- I... How?" Cole's mum sputtered.

His dad just stayed quiet.

"That's why Myles is here," Cole said. "He's my boyfriend."

All eyes were on me now.

"Yeah, hey?" I muttered.

Hey? Are you stupid?

Darren shook his head and frowned.

The was about a minute of silence before Cole broke it.

"Soooo... Are you guys gonna say somethin'?" He said.

I may not know him very well yet,but I know him well enough to know that he's trying to stay calm.

"Cole, just give a few minutes. This is a lot to take in." His mother said.

"No, not really." Cole shrugged.

"Of course it is," Darren stood up. "Our son is- is not normal!

"I'm perfectly normal dad." Cole spoke confidently.

"Right, sorry."

Cole's dad sat back down with a groan of frustration.

"Cole, you know we love you and always will. Of course we accept you, but this is going to take some time to get used to," Marcia said softly.

"Yes, your mother is right," Darren said.

This is the most awkward family dinner. Gosh, I'll have to do this with my parents as well. 

There's so much happening now that my brain can't comprehend.

"...'yles?"

"Myles, sweety?"

I looked up at Marcia.

She said, "How are you feeling?"

For some reason I just nodded. I looked at Cole. He was frowning down at me.

"You look a little pale. Oh, you poor darling, I haven't even considered your feelings. This must be a lot for you to handle as well." Marcia stated and looked between both Cole and me. "Look, all Darren and I want for you, Cole is to be happy and if Myles is the one who makes you happy, the last thing I want to do is take that away from you."

"Me too, son." Darren said.

"Thanks mum, thanks dad." Cole smiled genuinely.

His parents nodded.

--------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

277K 8.1K 25
Aiden and Xavier are two people that meet in high school. They become friends so fast it was as if they knew each other since they were kids. Then Ai...
After Dark By Z

Teen Fiction

10.9K 289 42
《 This is a BoyxBoy story 》 William Caddel wants to live. Between crushing expectations and the strictness that comes with them that seems like such...
126 41 15
"Jake," Seth called out. Nothing. Seth groaned and then walked up behind him and once he got to him he saw that Jake had both his earbuds in. He chu...
53.8K 2K 36
Myles is comfortable happy where he is, a family who loved him and a best friend who accepts him. After his break-up with his four year long boyfrien...