Midnight Shades

由 zeebooks

Behind an old tree she would sit and stare at him, admire his beauty and charm, hidden by the darkness of the... 更多

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
A Message.
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Surprise (1)
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Q&A?
Chapter 48
Q&A Answers!
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Surprise (2)
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Surprise (3)
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Epilogue
Thank You.
Winners and New Book.
Another Q&A?
Q&A Answers.
What Do You Think?

Bonus Chapter: Family

516 25 55
由 zeebooks

Louis' POV. (Four years later.)

"C'mon, lad, pass it." I encourage Elliot, clapping my hands at him with a wide smile.

He runs towards the ball, a grin so wide on his face before he kicks it with a squeal. Of course, the ball hits the goal and I hooray in victory, running towards my little lad and picking him up in my arms.

I can't believe he's already seven.

He squeals and laughs as I tickle him with my mouth in his stomach, laughing as he keeps trying to push my face away from him.

"Daddy, stop!" He squeals, laughing loudly as I keep tickling him.

"Dad, no," Evan whines on the ground. "Leave him alone."

It still strikes me to this day how over protective Evan is over Elliot, it's stunning. He always brings him chocolate and candy whenever he gets back from school or practice, always stays in bed with him until he falls asleep, he even attempts to make him food when he's hungry.

It amazes me how strong their bond is at such a young age.

My phone rings in my pocket and I sigh, putting Elliot down and immediately, Evan takes his hand and shows him how to play football.

"Hello, love," I greet my lovely wife. "How are you?"

"Good," she replies happily and I grin, my heart warming at her voice. Bloody hell, after all these years, and I only love her more than I ever did. How is that possible. "When are you guys coming? Dinner is almost ready."

"Ah, hold on," I tell her and shout out to the boy, saying, "lads, mum's made dinner, we've got to get back."

Elliot shakes his head with a pout as Evan whines out, "no, daddy, we don't want to go home!"

Chuckling a bit, I tell Tallulah, "they don't want to go home. How about you get over here?"

She sighs. "I thought I'd have to, too."

"You know how they are," I laugh, adjusting the beanie on my hair. "Get the food and come here."

"Alright, alright."

"Want me to come and help you?" I question, sitting down on a bench. I'll leave the boys with Harry and go get her.

"No, it's fine. Wren and Esme are here and they're coming with me, too." She informs me.

"Alright," I speak. "Take care, I love you."

"I love you, Louis." She says sweetly and hangs up, and it takes me a few moments to get back to my fucking sanity after her words.

They always roll out of her mouth and fucking melt my heart, and to this day, I have got no bloody clue why she thinks I deserve her, but I'm a selfish bastard and will have her anyway. She's always been mine.

"Mate, want a cigarette?" Boyd offers, holding the packet out for me as he sits down next to me.

"Put your bloody cigarettes away, man," I scold him. "If your fiancée comes here, and sees you smoking in front of your kid, she'll go batshit crazy on you, and no offence, but Esme will fucking break your bones."

Boyd widens his eyes at me. "Dear Lyara, has Tallulah left her impact on you?"

I scoff, because she did.

However, I roll my eyes and say, "that's got nothing to do with what I'm saying. Your daughter isn't even three years old, keep that shit away from her. You know it ain't good."

Sighing heavily, he places the packet of cigarettes back in his pocket and runs a hand over his head. "Esme's pregnant."

I look at him in surprise, a grin taking over my features. "What? Congratulations, man."

I pat him on the shoulder and he forces a smile and nods. What the fuck? Shouldn't he be fucking ecstatic? I know I would be.

"With twins, Louis." He sighs heavily again, crossing his arms over his chest.

Well, damn.

"Uh-oh, double the trouble," I say, trying to lighten up the mood. "Man, that's a blessing."

"Aye, but Dana's still so young, and now two babies are coming along, it's going to be much of a hassle," he complains, smiling a bit as he looks at Dana playing with Gamila and my boys. "We barely had any sleep when Dana came, imagine when the twins come."

"Yeah," I agree. "Imagine the happiness that'll fill your heart when they do come."

"What?"

I shake my head at him. "Kids are a blessing, Boyd. You'll never truly appreciate them until they grow up and start having a life outside of your circle. They fill your home with warmness, happiness and life. Hell, it's not home without them."

"I know." He speaks quietly, his eyes never leaving his daughter with a smile drawn on his lips.

"You know, Tallulah and I have been trying to have another baby." I inform him.

We are, we still want that baby girl who will complete our family. I want her so badly. Though, something is just not adding up, we wouldn't get pregnant, and I have got no idea why. I have been insisting that we see a doctor, but Tallulah has been so scared to go.

"You are?" The surprise is clear in his voice.

"Yeah," I answer him, grabbing a bottle of water and taking a gulp. "I'd have another eight if we could, but we just want that baby for now."

"Why, if you don't mind me asking?" He asks, giving me his full attention.

"Why not?" I ask him back with a smirk. "I'm still thirty nine, Tallulah's thirty five, we still have the glow within us, so why not? Why not brighten that glow even more, you know?"

From afar, I see my wife, Wren and Esme walking towards us, with wide grins over their face, but my eyes are only on Tallulah and Tallulah only. She keeps her hair short now, ever since I cut it for her almost nine years ago when I proposed.

She looks as beautiful as she always looked, her bright eyes shining under the sun, her body adorned with one of those jumpsuits that she has grown to love lately, and her feet in one of my Adidas shoes.

Yes, my feet aren't big, chill out.

"Thanks, Louis," Boyd tells me as our women walk over to us. "I think I needed to hear that."

"It's alright, mate," I smirk. "We all freak out at some point."

"Hello!" Tallulah greets widely, leaning down to press a peck against my lips as Harry and Niall both walk over to us, as Esme and Wren head to their partners.

"Hey, love," I kiss her cheek once she sits on my lap. "How's everything?"

"Great," she smiles at me. "How are you? Made any progress with Elliot?"

"You should ask Evan that, he won't even let me practice with him, says he's better at football anyway." I tell her with a wide smile and she laughs.

"I'm sure he got that sass from you."

"Yeah," I laugh, squeezing her thigh a bit. "How was your day?"

She leans her head on my shoulder, and I remove the hair from her face.

"Good," she says quietly. "I'm tired though."

"Why?" I look at her, worried.

"I don't know, but my feet hurt." She pouts.

"Do you wanna go home? I'll give you a massage." I tell her seriously.

"No," she shakes her head. "Let's stay for a while then leave."

Nodding, we both look at our boys before they come complaining about being hungry. Esme, Boyd, Wren and Harry follow us later and we all eat together and spend the rest of the afternoon talking and laughing.

When we get home, I put all of our things in their place as Tallulah takes the boys to the bathroom for a bath. However, I get inside behind her, no way letting her do anything after she's been complaining all day about her feet.

She needs to rest.

"Love, go to bed, I'll take care of them." I tell her as they begin undressing.

"No, it's fine, I'll do it." She argues.

"Nonsense," I shake my head. "I'll give them a bath and take them to bed."

She opens her mouth to speak but I glare at her. "Go."

"Thanks." She whispers, pressing a kiss to my lips before leaving the bathroom.

See, it's worth it.

"Alright, lads," I clap my hands at them. "Let's dive into the water."

After an hour in the bathroom, my entire clothes are wet because the boys kept throwing water at me while giggling. I ruffle their hair with the towel, and dry them before I bring them their clothes to the bathroom so they wouldn't catch a cold.

"Night, daddy." Elliot says after I put him in bed and kiss his forehead.

"Night, buddy."

I go to Evan's room, finding him putting his school books in his backpack. He is such a smart nerd.

"Are you done?" I ask him and he nods.

"Yes, but I can't find my socks." He pouts.

Evan has always been well organised, even at only twelve years old. He never goes to bed without doing his homework, or arranging his backpack, or cleaning his room. He always, always, gets his clothes ready and cleans his shoes for the next day. He is a neat freak, really, which is the only thing he inherited from his mum.

"Yeah, want me to look around with you?" I ask him, already searching with him.

Easily, I find them beside the leg of his bed and he grabs them.

"I don't remember putting them there." He frowns, obviously knowing that he never misplaces them.

"It's alright, Elliot might have been playing with them." I tell him as he tidies them and puts them next to his shoes.

"I guess so." He smiles, and hops onto the bed and under the covers.

I sit next to him and look at him, seeing so much of myself in him. I love him so much, both of them actually, and I can't even remember how life was without them.

"Can I tell you something?" He asks quietly, blinking heavily and I know he's about to fall asleep.

"Of course, you can." I tell him, my eyebrows furrowed.

"Promise you won't be angry?" He says nervously, fiddling with his fingers.

"Of course I won't," I laugh lightly. "What is it?"

He sits up straight and I widen my eyes. This must be serious.

"What does gay mean?"

The question throws me off guard. I didn't expect that, at all.

"Uh... it means liking someone from the same gender as yours," I tell him and he furrows his eyebrows, nodding. "Like, if you're a girl and you like another girl, then you're lesbian or gay, same if you're a boy and like another boy."

He nods slowly and looks down at my chest. "Is it okay?"

"Of course, it is," I reply immediately. "There's nothing wrong with being gay. Why?"

He looks at me and his eyes brim with tears, making my heart stop beating for a moment as I get closer to him and hug him.

I understand.

"Why are you crying?" I soothe, rubbing my hands up and down his back.

"Because I don't like girls," he sniffs and wipes away his tears. "I like boys."

"It's alright, buddy, there's nothing wrong with that." I tell him quietly, my heart aching for my little lad.

"My classmates keep laughing at me, so I thought maybe it's wrong or not okay." He tells me, sniffing again.

"They're idiots," I tell him and lift his chin up to make him look at me. "There is nothing, and I mean nothing, wrong with being gay. If that is who you are, then it's no problem. You don't have to be someone else to please anyone, alright? Don't let anyone tell you that it's not okay. You be yourself and that all what matters."

"You're not mad at me?" He pouts.

"I'll never be mad at you for such a thing, why would you think so?" I frown.

"Mummy won't be mad, too?"

God, if only he knew.

"Absolutely not, she loves you no matter what happens, alright?" I kiss his forehead.

He nods and wipes his nose against my shirt.

"Sorry," he sniffs again and I smile at him, giving him another kiss on the forehead. "I love you, dad."

"I love you, Evan," I reply, hugging him. "Forever and always."

"Forever and always." He repeats before I get up and he lies down.

"Good night."

"Night, dad."

I turn off the lights and sigh heavily, feeling my eyes burning for seeing my kid crying for something so okay. I already wanna fight those fuckers who laugh at him, but I remind myself that they're only kids, and immature.

Walking inside my bedroom, I find the bathroom door and light open and figure that Tallulah is inside. I go inside and find her in the bath with bubbles around her.

She opens her eyes and smiles lazily at me. "Hi."

"How are you, now?" I ask, bending down next to her and pouring some water on her shoulder.

"Relaxed," she replies. "Want to join me?"

"Yeah." I stand up and take off my clothes, throwing them in the hamper before she moves forward and I step into the warm water behind her.

She rests her back against my chest and I wrap my arms around her, resting my chin over her shoulder.

"Evan is gay." I tell her quietly.

She whips her head to the side, looking at me with wide eyes. "You know?"

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "Did you know?"

"No, but I just suspected," she sighs heavily. "I didn't say anything because I wasn't sure. How did you know?"

"He told me," I admit, though my voice tightens as I say, "he cried."

"What? Why?" She frowns.

"He said kids made fun of him." My lips start to tremble.

"No." She tears up, hugging me.

"I don't want him to struggle." I finally cry.

The worst thing to happen to me, is to see my kids struggling with something, especially like that. It's okay to be gay, it's fucking okay.

Why would anyone make fun of him?

"He won't, baby," Tallulah soothes, her voice shaking, too. "He has us, and he's a strong boy, you know that."

She grabs my face and wipes away my tears. "He is a smart, sassy boy and he'll be more than fine."

I breathe out and nod. "Yes."

She laughs and wipes her tears, too. "I'm proud of him."

"Me, too," I smile. "He's a great kid."

She bites down her lips as her hand keeps itself on my jaw.

"I love you." She whispers and I pull her closer, pressing my kiss against hers.

"I love you, too." I say quietly, pushing her wet hair behind her ear as I stare into her gorgeous eyes.

She wets her lips and says, "I'm late."

"What?"

"My period, I missed it," she looks up at me with hopeful eyes as my heart beats quicken. "Twice."

"What... uh.. how, I mean, what?" I stutter, at a fucking loss of words.

"I didn't want to tell you until I was sure, because I didn't want to get your hopes up," she explains. "But I went to the doctor this morning."

"And...?" I want to hear her say the words. I have to fucking hear them.

"I'm pregnant," she laughs lightly. "I'm sure."

I let out a deep sigh of relief, closing my eyes as I pull her close to me and hug her to me.

"Thank God."

"What if it's not a girl, though?" She looks up at me.

"Then, another boy it is," I say. "I have a feeling it's a girl, though."

"I just don't want you to be disappointed." She frowns and I palm her face.

"Are you kidding me?" I laugh. "I'll never, ever, be disappointed with a child that I have with you. Ever. I want a girl, yes, but if it turns out to be a boy, then I'll love him as equally, if not more."

She nods, resting her forehead against mine. "We're having another baby."

"Yes, we are." I can't hide the excitement.

I turn out to be right, though, because eight months later, Tallulah gives birth to our gorgeous baby girl, who we name Elisha, according to our sons' request, who wouldn't let us name her anything else.

At least it starts with an E, right?

"Daddy, can I hold her?" Elliot questions, looking at her eagerly and excitedly.

"You have to sit down, first." I tell him, and he immediately sits down. I carefully place her on his arms and sit in front of him.

"She's so pretty." He whispers in awe as Evan looks over at her and carefully moves his index over her forehead.

"And so soft," Evan adds. "We have to take care of her, Elliot."

"Yes, I know," Elliot agrees, nodding. "We'll take care of her."

I stand up with a grin over my face, as Tallulah joins us and stands next to me with a loving smile over her face.

Wrapping my arm around her shoulder, she holds the hand that's dangling from her shoulder and grins up at me.

"They'll never leave her alone." She laughs and my entire world lights up.

"They're already all possessive over her and shit." I chuckle, pressing a kiss against her temple.

"Dad," Elliot hisses at me. "Don't say bad words in front of her."

"Chill out, lad." Me and Evan reply in unison, making my wife laugh.

"You two are something."

I laugh and clap lightly to gain their attention. "Now that we're finally home, and your mother stopped milking the whole I just gave birth thing," I receive a slap on my chest from her. "Let's all say thank you to her and kiss her for making our lives much easier, for having to deal with us everyday, and for bringing our beautiful Elisha to our world, yeah?"

Tallulah looks up at me with wide teary eyes, as I smile down at her and press a kiss on her lips. "Thank you, babe, I love you."

A tear slips down her cheeks before I take Elisha from Elliot, letting the boys tackle her with kisses and hugs and lots of thank you's.

I bring Elisha to her and hide my face behind her back, mimicking a silly baby voice as I say, "thank you, mummy. I love you."

They all laugh and Tallulah only cries in happiness, holding her newborn baby to her chest as we all circle around her, and admire the two beautiful girls in our lives.

You see, when Evan and Elliot were born, Tallulah insisted that my mother becomes their godmother and Liam their godfather, and I couldn't even object because I secretly liked that idea.

I mean, Liam and my mum are one of the most important people in my life.

However, with Elisha, Tallulah let me chose, and it was a massive surprise for Missy when I told her about her new goddaughter, and a bigger surprise for Cronan when I told him that his niece is actually his goddaughter.

As if on cue, the doorbell rings and I open it, seeing too many balloons and boxes, with Missy and Cronan behind them.

"Where's our goddaughter?"

"Inside." I chuckle as they walk past me and out the stuff aside.

Immediately, Missy takes her from Tallulah's arms, letting her walk over to me.

"We have a baby girl now, huh?" She smiles, looking straight into my eyes.

"We do," I grin. "The most beautiful baby girl."

"Indeed." She wraps her arms around my neck, and places her forehead against mine.

"I'm sorry, but I gave her a part of my heart that you used to own."

"Used to, huh?" She smiles.

"Joking," I laugh, pecking her lips. "I have got four big ass hearts now, and I don't know how I'll survive them."

She sighs happily. "I love you."

And right then and there, my life is completed, heart is full and all I can do, is just wait the time, beside this beautiful woman, with my kids in front of me, as we grow old and white, just like I always wanted.

One hell of a life.

N. SURPRISE! Aghhh, I have been holding this for too long! Haha, I hope you enjoyed this, I just wanted to give you a little treat! I miss you and love you, guys xxx

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

8.1K 258 25
Wendy Andersson is a swedish/american girl, her life is what you would class as perfect. But underneath she's heartbroken. The happiest month of the...
10.7K 121 33
What if King Agnarr and Queen Iduna were still alive? And what is Elsa and Anna went with their parents on their voyage? Agnarr and Iduna tried to...
304K 7.9K 31
I've liked this boy since fifth grade. But he's my brothers friend. His best friend.
260K 7.2K 24
Isabelle Emerson's life is a bit of a disaster really, (and that's putting it lightly!) Her journalism career is going nowhere, she has just lost a j...