Raising the Stakes; Zelink Co...

By Inastaria

Zelda, the governor's daughter, is an aspiring author who can only write in coffee shops. Forced by her fath... More

Preface (Updated)
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
~My break announcement~
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six; Epilogue
Good 'ol Deleted Scenes
To The Future!
My New Story!

Chapter Four

7.1K 238 372
By Inastaria

A small clatter made me look up from my work.

Link stood at the front door, the 'open' on the slightly swinging sign facing towards me.

"Are you closing?" I asked, only now realizing that it was dark outside. "What time is it..." I added to myself as I rifled through papers to find my phone.

"I am, but I've still got to clean up so take your time to finish whatever you're working on."

I stopped searching and stared at him.

A few seconds passed before he raised his eyebrow. "What?"

"Nothing," I said. "Just... wow, you're... I mean..." I fumbled over my words, making me red in the face. I decided to just go for eloquent. "The consideration you've accommodated me with after just one day is really... it's really quite foreign."

He moved from the door to beside the booth. "You've given me no reason to do otherwise."

I frowned. "I guess not but..."

Link sat down across from me. "I refuse to conform to the social norms of our generation. I take trouble from no one, I give trouble to no one." He smirked. "At least until they do something to deserve it."

Speechless, I simply started cleaning up my papers that had made it all over the table. Definitely the opposite of my parents. My father would hate this guy.

"Thank you for having me," I said.

"This isn't a house visit..." he said, then snorted. "Well, maybe it is, actually..." He shook his head. "Thank you for choosing my shop to drink enough for five people."

I looked up quickly. "Hey, I only drank enough for four people."

He held up his hands. "You're right, my bad."

I rolled my eyes and put all my things into my bag and walked to the door. I turned hesitantly back to him. "See you tomorrow?" I asked.

He smiled. "See you then, Zelda."

The door shut behind me, but I looked back for a moment, gazing at the owner of the shop through the glass pane of the door.

Wait, no. I brought my hands to my warm face. Don't, don't do that.

I turned and walked quickly back to my apartment, it was solid night except for the street lights. I knew how to defend myself, and my parents would destroy anyone who dared to even touch me, but I still didn't like being out in the streets like I was.

When I reached my apartment I closed the door behind me and slid down it with a groan. "Noooo...." I said. "Why did this happen... I didn't need another distraction..."

When I finished despairing for a minute I pushed myself up from the ground and went to get a drink from the fridge and began to make myself dinner.

I sat on the couch with the TV on some random program and ate my food. Halfway through, I came to the realization that I hadn't texted Urbosa at all that day.

I quickly fixed that by replying to her last text.

Yeah, there are more boxes that I haven't touched than those that I have, but I spent the whole day at that new coffee shop. Here's hoping I can get some writing done there! - Zelda

And so I waited for a reply, finishing my food in the meantime.

Don't worry about the boxes, if you don't want to do them you don't have to. Who's going to fault you for it now?

What's the shop like? How's the coffee? Find anyone to replace me? - Urbosa

I'm definitely ignoring them for now xD Pfft, as if I could replace you. The coffee is fantastic, I had to go to half a dozen shops before I found one I knew I would like. And by Nayru, Urbosa, the owner of that shop is just KILL ME NOW.

What? In what way?

HE'S REALLY ATTRACTIVE? AND I THINK HE WAS FLIRTING WITH ME? BUT I CAN'T TELL!?

WHAT???

He's my age I think... but he's the owner of the shop. He was like the only one in there too. I swear like ten people came in in the six hours I was there.

You were there for six hours, Zelda? On your first day? And same age huh? TELL ME ALL.

Okay, okay! xDD I went in there last night (which I already told you) It was about six at night and oh my gosh Bosa, I swear he was so laid back. He asked me if I was crazy for coming in so late, but he said it in a way that I knew it wasn't an insult and I just, ASJASHKJH.

You know what? Just video call me.

I laughed and hit the option for video chatting.

My red-haired friend's face appeared and she said, "Why didn't you tell me about him last night? Fill me in. Completely."

"So I pretty much asked him if he would mind me coming there to write, and he said "why would I refuse?" and literally Urbosa, when I told him I would be there every day I swear he was convinced I was crazy."

"You are." She smiled. "But that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you."

I rolled my eyes. "So I went back today and the place was empty again, so I set up my stuff and then rang this cute little bell, and when he saw me he said "oh, it's you," and then just asked, "are you going to buy something today?"

"That I would have liked to see."

"His voice was better than mine," I replied with a laugh. "But oh my gosh Bosa, when I gave my order he just was so confused."

"The black americano," she replied. "Classic Zelda."

"But not classic cute girl."

"Cute girl?" She raised an eyebrow. "What makes you say that?"

"I didn't, he did!" I laughed. "He said, and I quote, "I'm just not used to cute girls ordering something black" and then he realized what he said! He went all red and tried to cover it up."

When I paused for breath Urbosa cut back in. "He called you cute on the second meeting?"

"Yes! So I replied, "yeah I get that a lot... minus the compliment."

Urbosa laughed harder than ever.

"So he put his hand on his face and said "ugh, whatever, it's true" and he started making my drink without me even paying him!"

"He gave you a free drink?"

"No," I replied, "He just had me pay at the end of the day."

"So why is he 'kill me now,' he sounds great."

"That's just the problem!" I groaned, letting my head fall back. "He's such a distraction and this was only the first day of writing!"

Urbosa laughed in a none-too-sympathetic way. "That is the opposite of a problem. You need a little distraction, have a life so you can write a life!"

"What?"

"You are writing a romance adventure, right? You could use some research on the topic of romance."

"Urbosa!"

"What? It's true," she replied, taking a sip of whatever was in the cup she had grabbed.

"...so you're telling me this is a good thing?"

"Zelda. He's the owner of a coffee shop, he's your age, he's attractive, and he was flirting with you. Why would this be a bad thing!" she ended with a raised voice.

"Because I have to concentrate on writing!"

"You think you can't do both? Trust me, being in a relationship can do wonders for your motivation." She smirked.

"What? Being in a relationship?! We've just met!"

"Hey, sounds like it's brewing to me."

I wasn't in the mood to acknowledge her play on words. "You know I have no experience with something like this!" I looked at her with pleading eyes, as though she would come to her senses and help me keep my head on straight.

"No time like the present..."

"Urbosa!"

"What?" she smiled innocently.

"You know that nothing can come of this!"

Urbosa narrowed her eyes. "Who's to say what your future can hold." I opened my mouth to reply, but she shut down my rising argument. "What is his name anyway?"

"Link."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.9K 1.4K 12
What happens when a popular girl finds out that a not so popular boy lives on the same street as she does? They start walking to and from school toge...
318K 20.2K 84
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
73K 1.4K 28
Zelda. A beautiful princess who's failures reminded by her silent, personal knight. Link. Her personal knight who's sole purpose is to protect her, w...
6.6K 74 8
Jean Luc said "Hello Bluey" and this is the story of what happened after that. And hold on to your pillow because this is gonna be awesome and romant...