The Lone Princess (A Naruto F...

By lyradavi11

***COMPLETED*** (Read at your own risk--I started writing this when I was 13) The life of a princess is stere... More

Character Profile
Chapter 1: Escape
Chapter 2: Good Ol' Days
Chapter 3: The Nine Tailed Fox!
Chapter 4: Aspiring
Chapter 5: Working As A Team
Chapter 6: A Dangerous Mission
Chapter 7: Dead or Alive?
Chapter 8: Training
Chapter 9: Zabuza and Haku
Chapter 10: Losing Control
Chapter 11: Is This It? Naw, Maybe Not Now
Chapter 12: The Chunin Exams
Chapter 13: The Written Exam
Chapter 14: The Forest of Death
Chapter 15: The Preliminary Rounds
Chapter 16: The Preliminary Rounds - Part II
Chapter 17: Danger In The Mountains
Chapter 18: The Celestial Beasts
Chapter 19: The Final Rounds
Chapter 21: Trouble
Chapter 22: Fighting Alongside the Third Hokage
Chapter 23: Tiger
Chapter 24: The Fallen Shinobi
Chapter 25: Kotoba the Celestial Thunderbolt Tiger
Chapter 26: Feelings of Betrayal
Chapter 27: Memories of Old
Chapter 28: Uchihas.. Such High Maintenance
Christmas Special - Kiss Me Under the Mistletoe
Chapter 29: Missing Memories
Chapter 30: There's More To Life Than Revenge
Chapter 31: The Battle of Disappointment
Chapter 32: A Surprise Guest!
Chapter 33: The Attack
Chapter 34: The Struggle
Chapter 35: The New Beginning
Chapter 36: The State
Chapter 37: Home
Chapter 38: Welcome Party
Chapter 39: Truth is Out
Psst!
Chapter 40: Final Battle
TIMELINE

Chapter 20: Akira vs Daiki

449 12 0
By lyradavi11

>>Pic of Akatsuki<<

Person's POV thoughts: Italic

Sukai's dialogue: Italic and Bold

My thoughts: (Bold with Brackets)

Third Person POV

     A huge gust of wind blew around the arena when our weapons clashed. We both backed away when no one was overpowering the other. So our strength in taijutsu is mostly the same.

     I decided to make the next move and made the hand signs for my favourite jutsu. "Water Style: Liquid Bullet," I whispered with my hands circling my mouth before a stream of water shot towards Daiki. He moved to dodge, but I moved along with him - though he was faster. I did train to be faster, but that wasn't my top priority. I became as quick as he was before the training month, but obviously he trained int hat area too.

    I sighed when the water didn't hit him, but froze when he disappeared. Frantically looking out, I took a kunai in my hand to be ready. Behind!

     I whirled around almost too late, but because of trying to be quick, he pushed me far back. I pressed my feet on the ground for balance and lunged at him. We did a few clashes before he decided to do a jutsu. "Earth Style: Sandwich," he smirked. "Hah?" I mumbled at the weird name.

     I gasped as two big rocks started squeezing me in between them. Or sandwiching me as the name suggests. "Ugh!" I cried in pain when it pressed harder. I tried in no avail to push the rocks away. "Come on, Aki-chan! Do something! You're gonna get crushed!" Naruto shouted. I activated my akarigan and glared at one of the rocks. "Saihyō," I mumbled and Ice immediately covered it. I put more chakra into it, causing in to break into pieces. As soon as that broke, the other stopped pushing. If you look near enough and pay close attention, you'd see these almost invisible lightning-like threads that connected to the rock from my eyes. And that's how I froze it. "Way to go, Aki-chan!" Naruto cheered.

     I smirked at the gaping Daiki. He shook his head to get over his surprise and looked at my eyes in wonder. Sukai wasn't joking when she said the akarigan does more than give superior vision. Sure it takes a lot of chakra, but it can freeze objects and crush them. And I also built up my chakra a lot. Like, you don't know what Sukai made me do..

     He charged at me with a mud spear in his hand. I moved away, but his fast reflexes aided him in injuring my stomach. Jumping away to keep some distance, I coughed out blood. "Ugh.." I groaned at the piercing pain and gripped the wound to stop the bleeding. I looked down to see the damage and winced. That went deeper than expected.

    "Aki-chan!" My hand glowed silverish as I healed my wound but stood up to fight. "Well, looks like I got you quite a lot," Daiki smirked. I just glared at him and frowned at the fact that I got this deep wound while he doesn't have a single scratch on himself. I underestimated his speed. He's gotten much, much faster.

     Don't worry, kid. You've got me. Your body immediately gets my chakra to heal you. You're just wasting your chakra in drawing more of mine to heal it.

     Got it.

     I let go of the wound to notice that the bleeding stopped. I watched Daiki smiling as he made a figure out of sand. "Eh..?" my eyes widened as I recognized the figure, making it look like I'd just seen a ghost. Well, actually it did feel like that. My body shook in fear of what he was gonna do with the figure. "No..." I whispered when the sand figure became realistic like an actual person. The actual colours. He looked exactly the same. 

     I backed away slowly before falling on my but. "Aki-chan, what's wrong?! Who's he???" Naruto shouted in confusion, but all I could feel was a string pulling at my heart painfully.

     Akira, get up and fight! That's not your family. That's just a sand figure!

     Yeah, you heard her. Before me was my brother, smiling lovingly at me. Exactly the way he was when I last saw him. I gulped and got up, trying to get it in my head that that's just sand figures. Holding the kunai with my shaky hands I tried to get a grip on myself. I took a deep breath and glared at the sand user.

     "How dare you..." I seethed. He just shrugged with a smirk plastered on his stupid face. I lunged at Eric as he got ready to block my attack with his sword, and knowing that I would need more than one kunai to manage that, I attacked him with two kunai in hand.

     I kept a cold face and pushed all the thoughts of my brother at the back of my head as much as possible, but as you know, that's a bit hard with his appearance right before my eyes. But along with Naruto and Sakura's cheers, it helped me think of a plan.

     With the Intel I gathered from this fight and our encounter for the first time, I can assume that his kekkei genkai allows him to look into someone's memory and then able to use it his advantage. He would also be able to create whatever he sees in the memory from sand and it would look like the exact copy. And also be able to manipulate it to his will... that's an impressive kekkei genkai. Let's hope that's all it does.

     When he almost got me pushed back, I did a number of back flips and wasted no time in performing the jutsu I had in mind, putting extra chakra in there to make it stronger than ever before - and trust me it won't be a waste. "Water Style: Ripping Torrent," I mumbled with my palm out towards the sand figure. I watched as the swirling vortex of water quickly dashed to my target, ready to hit him. But of course he dodged, at Daiki's will, and ran over the other side of Daiki probably expecting me to make the torrent follow Eri-..the sand figure.

     I smirked and caused the torrent to dash towards Daiki, surprising him. Fortunately, but unfortunately for him, he wasn't fast enough to dodge. "Gaaah!" he shouted as the vortex hit him head on. He slammed on the wall but quickly stood his ground, stumbling forward with a grunt. With what I could tell, he must have at least one broken rib. I immediately took action towards my fake brother that was seemingly lifeless at the moment, probably because the manipulator lost focus, and was about to slit his throat, with the constant thought that it's only sand playing in my head.

     "Aki, you betrayed me," was the voice that came out of what I thought was only sand. I froze on the spot with my eyes wide open. My jaw dropped at the exact replica of the voice and my eyes almost teared up. That gave an opening for the sand figure to kick me in the stomach with much force. I flew back as I got another kick on my back - from Daiki. I slammed face first into the wall, and slid down to my knees.

     I slowly got up and used the wall for balance, my other hand clutching my bleeding head. My vision was blurred to the shocking hit my head took. I blinked away the blurriness but immediately regretted wanting my eyesight back when I saw the look on my brother's face. Betrayal, sadness, heartbroken, anger... I had never seen it on his face to be directed to me. "How could you...?" he spoke taking a step towards me, "How could you just leave me there to die?"

     I shook violently as the memories I tried to forget came rushing in. "I-I didn't. No.. stop it. You're not.. you're not my brother!" I shouted to make my point, more like trying to convince myself. "You could've helped me... If you did, we would've lived such a happy life together. But you left me to die!" Anger dominated his features as he slashed his sword at me. I gasped and dodged at the last moment.

     Get a hold of yourself, kid.

     Yeah... right. I can do this!

     I activated my akarigan yet again, and froze his feet. Quickly making the hand signs for the water bullet jutsu, I shot it towards the sand figure. It smashed the sand, that of course turned into gooey mud. I took a deep breath to calm myself. I wiped my mouth and panted heavily from my extreme usage in chakra. Not like I was the only one though. Daiki was clutching his side with heavy pants too. Frowning at how much time I was taking to defeat him, I made hand signs to the new B-rank jutsu I learnt - "Fire Style: Blast Wave Wild Dance." A fast motion of fire spiraled and bolted at the blonde sand ninja. He wasn't ready for it, considering his bad condition, and got burnt to a crisp with an ear-piercing scream. Sure I was in a bad condition too, but unlike him, I have a celestial wolf healing me. 

     I was sure I won, so I carelessly put my guard down and looked at Naruto and Sakura in the stands who were cheering loudly. But, oh boy, was that a big mistake. Next thing I know, a bolt of wind slams into me and I go spinning into the wall. "Ugh!" I grunt in frustration that the guy can still move. "Just stay down will you?!" Daiki shouts. "I could say the same for you!" I say with a grunt of pain. "Aki-chan! Hurry and finish him off!" I hear Naruto shout. "Yeah, yeah," I mumble before freezing Daiki's feet to the ground. To my surprise, he breaks the ice and runs so that he won't get caught in something like that again. 

     You don't have much chakra left, be wise in what you do...Freezing a moving object that is far away takes up a lot of chakra.

     Shit. I watch as he runs around me constantly throwing weapons. I groan as I use Sukai's chakra to speed me up and get a hold of Daiki's head, slamming it to the ground. He pulls my leg, causing me to fall along with him. I take my kunai and slash his stomach. Getting up and backing away, I decide to do the summoning jutsu. My last resort in this fight. This better work or else I'm gonna lose. "Summoning Jutsu!" I shout as I use the last bit of chakra to summon a fox. "Milady?" the red fox asks. "Akatsuki, help me defeat him..please," I say to my partner.

     I had made a contract to three animals. Two foxes and a wolf. I wouldn't usually let them call me 'Milady', but after I told them I used to be a princess, they wouldn't stop calling me Hime(Princess) and this was the only name they would go for if not for Princess. Akatsuki was a serious yet comfortable friend to be with. I had a feeling I'd summon her most out of the other summonings. "Of course, Milady," Akatsuki took an offensive position. I took a deep breath and told Akatsuki my plan.

     Akatsuki nodded and performed her fire style jutsu. She let the fire follow Daiki as he tried to dodge. I made the hand signs for my Liquid bullet jutsu, just not so strong that I'd cancel out the fire. With both the fire and water shooting at him, he couldn't dodge unscathed. The arena filled with steam from the two attacks. I quickly worked on my plan without getting noticed. My chakra was seriously running low so I was counting on this last plan.

     Before the all the smoke could clear, Akatsuki lunged at Daiki and bit his hand. "Gahh!" he screamed and plunged a kunai on her shoulder. "Akatsuki!" I cried out in worry. She immediately limped away from the blonde a few meters away from a hole in the ground (the hole that Naru made during his fight). "Akatsuki, are you ok???" I ask as I slowly got the kunai out. She whimpered, "I can still go on."

     "No," I shook my head and ordered, "Go back to Kazoku and rest. You need to heal," She hesitated but followed my orders. "Please take care, Milady," she bowed before disappearing in puff of smoke. I felt the sharp wind near me and immediately used the kunai that was previously lodged Akatsuki's shoulder to block Daiki's attack. 

     I glare at him, but changed it to a smirk when I realize the hole is just behind him. I throw the kunai in my hand away. He eyes me in confusion but took the opportunity to cut my stomach. Hah! We'll see who'll get injured now.

     He gasped in surprise as a kunai pierced him from the back. Daiki coughs out blood and glares at the person behind him. "How..?" he asks faintly. Just as he says that, 'I' disappear in a puff of smoke. He takes a second to realize what I did. "You..." he grunts in frustration before falling down in blood loss. (He's not dead, don't worry.)

     "When the arena was filled with smoke due to the duo attack you and your summoning did, you created a shadow clone and hid in the hole. The one who fought him afterwards was not you but your shadow clone. Your shadow clone and summoning lured him close to the hole and when you found the right time, you came out of the hole and attacked him... Impressive," The proctor praised. "He he, thanks!" I said with a grin. The crowd was silent for a few seconds in surprise before they all cheered for my win.

     "The winner is, Akira Hatake!"

     "You did it, Aki-chan! I knew you'd win!" Naruto shouted as I smile wearily at him. I made my way to the sidelines as the medics took care of Daiki. "Sasuke's still not here..." I mumbled in worry, my brows creasing.

     "Since Sasuke Uchiha has still not arrived, we'll be moving on to the next match," the proctor informed, "Shino and Kankuro. Come down."

     I smirked at the names called. "Shino, you go show them who's boss! Quiet doesn't mean weak!" I cheered with a grin. He nodded and held the railing to prepare to jump down. But before he could, Kankuro withdrew, which was a huge shocker to everyone. Complaints broke out in the crowd and all you could see were frowns. I narrowed my eyes at the sand siblings in suspicion.

     He seems fine to me, I don't see why he can't fight. What's he thinking?

     Be wary of them...

     I nodded as I watched Temari make a dramatic move to go down. The proctor gets impatient as Shikamaru doesn't come down. Before I could say anything to the lazy pineapple, Naruto seemed to have taken care of him. He pushed Shikamaru over the railing with no bad intentions at all. Shikamaru falls face first to the ground and I could already feel Temari thinking she'll beat the crap out of him. Well, let's see about that.

     I sighed when the crowd started booing and throwing trash at the guy who envied clouds. "Get up would ya?" I mumbled with a frown. "Is he your teammate too?" I hear a familiar voice ask. "Nope, just someone who understands how troublesome everything is," I casually reply without caring who asked me that.

     I sighed again and got a remark for that, "You never get tired of sighing, I see." "Hmph. What does it matter to-" I stopped and turned to face the guy who was annoying me. A slight surprise flashed in my eyes but I kept my composure. "That was a quick recovery," I commented before removing my eyes off Daiki. "Just because you won, doesn't mean I'm weak," he snorted in reply. "Yeah, where have I heard that before?" I rolled my eyes, "You sure take after your teammate..." "Whatever. I just convinced the doctor to let me watch the matches. But I'll have to go back to the hospital after this."

~~~

     Shikamaru was extremely wise in his choices and would have definitely won if he had just a tiny bit more chakra. But I'd say he'd make a great chunin. Sure I was thrown off when he gave up, but I understand. 

     Now that that's over...

     SASUKE, WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow!

Edited 

2810 words

~ Lyragirl11

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

207K 7.1K 19
Its a sasuhina fanfic. If you don't like the ship or feel offended by it then please kindly leave. But if you are a hardcore sasuhina fan then this i...
14.4K 531 22
Apparently I'm from the Narutoverse. And I'm the Prophesied Princess? A prophecy was placed on me saying that I will help bring love and light to thi...
33.3K 1.4K 28
[Regular weekly update] (Friday-Sunday) We used to be close but people can go from people you know to people to don't~ ...
3.9K 55 17
At the young age of 13, a shinobi named Naruto took his own life. When his friends and the people he knew heard of the news, they were devastated but...