Royal Agreements [Kylo Ren x...

By violaeades

BOOK I OF THE 'ROYAL' SERIES Being the princess of the planet Amaar brought you several daunting tasks. It wa... More

prologue
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five ; final
sequel
NEW KYLO REN X READER SERIES

chapter eight

9.6K 375 147
By violaeades

"Our neighbors are leaving," your father said as you stood in the dining room, gazing out of the window. "And it is our duty to bid them farewell with this most bountiful feast."

You sighed. Your long evening gown was beautiful, as Marlo said, but every dress made on your planet was beautiful. This one, however, was itchy. You felt incredibly uncomfortable in it, and you would be wearing it all day.

"You mustn't pout, daughter," your mother snapped. "It is tradition. Besides, we will also be bidding the Order goodbye as they set off in search for the Resistance's new base in the outer rim."

"My apologies," you said dryly.

"Come now," your father beckoned, reaching for your arm. "Your mother and I will show you to the commander."

"Will I be entering the dining room with him?" you asked.

"Yes," he said. "And you will be the last to enter. This will be your engagement dinner, of sorts."

You sighed again. You didn't care about parties, but it seemed clear to you that your parents were just wanting to schedule your events of celebration along with already scheduled dinners and meetings. They didn't want to dwell too long on celebrating the one thing they didn't want, a daughter.

Before dinner, you were handed over to the commander. It was a pleasant surprise to see him without his helmet and mask. You couldn't help but blush as his brown eyes met yours as he looked at you with a soft gaze.

Other things had been changed, too. His robes were different today; the same ebony, but a different cloak and fabric. You touched the end of his sleeve when your parents weren't looking and smiled, a gesture that told him you liked his new wardrobe. He looked more like a future king and less like Commander of the First Order.

Once your parents entered the dining room, you were given the order to wait two minutes before you followed. In your two minutes, you turned towards Kylo and pretended to adjust the cloak draped over his shoulders.

"You look beautiful," he said, breaking the silence.

"And you," you said, cupping his face, "look nervous."

"I must admit, Princess, I have felt more confident before," he said, smiling a little. "My mask is a scare tactic. A way to make anyone who sees me uneasy. Without it, what am I?"

"You're still intimidating," you said. "But you're also beautiful. Have I told you that, Commander?"

"Beautiful," he repeated. He laughed lightly and shook his head. "I've never heard that one before."

"I'm glad I'm the first to tell you," you said.

He smiled and moved to your left side. "Take my arm," he said, and you did.

He looked into your eyes and you into his. As the doors opened, you both looked ahead and walked to the center of the dining room in sync. You were shown to your seats and had both chairs pulled out for you by servants. Kylo tried hard not to look nervous as all eyes were mostly on him, considering he didn't have his mask on.

Your father stood from his seat. "We have been very grateful to welcome you to Amaar. We hope you've found a comfortable home in our palace walls over the last two days, and we would like to close our third in a way of showing thanks."

You felt eyes on you. You turned your head slightly to the left and saw Juban. He was sitting on the other side of the person on your left. His chair was leaned back slightly so he could glare at the side of your head.

You blinked rapidly and swallowed your fear. From underneath the table, you reached for and gripped Kylo's hand. He tore his eyes away from your father to look at you, a wrinkle of concern between his eyebrows.

"Juban," you mouthed, and his face went red.

When your father sat down after his speech, the servants began to walk around and pour alcohol in your goblets. Kylo's eyes flickered to Juban and he steadily held his intimidating glare.

Juban smirked and tore his eyes away. Kylo shook his head slightly as he glanced back down at you. You fidgeted nervously in your seat.

Juban was angry, there was no doubt about that. But he was angry that he didn't get his way, not necessarily because he didn't get to marry you. He had always gotten whatever he wanted until the Commander decided otherwise.

There was no telling what he would do now.

The possibilities were endless, and you were terrified of each of them. But he was here with minimal soldiers and only a couple of servants; he couldn't do anything yet. In time he would, but not now.

Bowls and plates and racks of different meats, fruits, and breads all were placed along the center of the long table. Kylo took the liberty of filling your plate for you, much to your mother's unnecessary dismay. Luckily for you both, none of the other guests seemed to be entertained by anything other than the food.

She seemed to blatantly be horrified of the actions and gazes you and Kylo seemed to have. When Kylo used the Force to lift a piece of pink fruit from the bowl in front of you and put it on your plate, she burned red. You laughed quietly into your hand.

After dinner, as you and Kylo stood outside and formally thanked your guests, your mother stood idle at your side. You were uneasy, but mostly annoyed at her hovering, until she gripped your arm.

Your father took Kylo with him to discuss final agreements about the war and you were left alone. Your mother tightened her grip until tears filled your eyes. Her fingers pinched the soft skin of your arm. She was pulling you down the opposite side of the hallway.

As soon as she made it to your bedroom door, she threw it open and shoved you inside. Your chambermaids gasped in horror as you half fell against the post of your big bed.

"Out," she ordered the chambermaids.

Without any words, they fled. Marlo was the last to go, offering you one single glance of worry. You nodded for her to leave, and she did.

"You lied to me," your mother hissed.

"What are you talking about, Mother?" you asked. "I never lied to you-"

"You have been seeing the Commander!" she accused, jabbing a finger in your face. "How else would you have formed such a close relationship with him?"

"So what?" you asked. "You want me to pretend to hate my future husband? I don't want to be miserable like you, Mother."

"It is not our job to be happy," she said.

"But we have a right to be!" you said. "What is so wrong about me caring for and loving my husband-"

Her face filled with horror. In a quick, abrupt moment, she slapped you across the face. You gaped as your head was jerked to the side. The stinging sensation that was left on your cheek filled you with anger.

"My whole life," you said through clenched teeth, "I have been putting everything into serving the kingdom I love. In return, you and Father have treated me as no more than an object. Kylo has managed to find a balance in obeying direct orders, caring for his soldiers and for my people, and caring for me."

"You are not permitted to-"

You pushed her away. "I'm more than permitted to do as I please! I am an adult woman, Mother. It doesn't matter. Kylo is leaving in a few hours, and I will be away from him until out wedding."

"Daughter-"

"Out," you spat. She stood still. "I said go!"

She did. You slammed the doors shut and locked them. With tears in your eyes, you went to your small bathroom and grabbed a warm cloth on the side of your sink. You held it under your bathroom faucet and let warm water splash over the surface.

Sniffling softly, you held the warm cloth to your cheek. It felt better instantly, and you let yourself relax. Your mother was delusional. Perhaps you were, too, but your mother was far, far away from normal human feelings.

Tap!

You turned around and looked over the dark room. Two more tapping noises followed. You dropped the cloth and walked hesitantly forward. Another tap made you jump before you realized that it was coming from the glass doors to your balcony.

You opened them and stepped out. The cold air bit the exposed skin of your hand. You stepped to the end of the balcony and looked down to see Kylo. He was standing in front of the wall of vines, a handful of small stones in his hands.

"There you are," he said.

"What are you doing?" you asked.

"I wanted to say goodbye," he answered. "Formally. Will you allow me in, Princess?"

You nodded. He immediately began to climb up. You stepped back and braced your back against the opposite side of the balcony. You rubbed your cheek as he climbed. Once his feet were firmly placed on the ground, you dropped your hands.

"Are you all right?" he asked.

That was all you needed to burst into tears. You reached for Kylo, and he seemed uncomfortable as he pulled you against his chest. He glanced down nervously at you before placing his hands on your back. After a moment, he leaned his head down until his lips were near your hair.

"Shhh..."

"Am I wrong for feeling this way?" you asked.

"It's normal to be sad, Princess," he said. "You're human-"

"No," you whimpered. "Not sad, Commander."

His eyebrows furrowed. He gently pushed you back and held you at arm's length. He shook his head in misunderstanding, and your heart broke slightly.

"Did I interpret you all wrong, Commander?" you whispered.

He frowned as you pulled away from him completely and walked back into your bedroom. You sat at the foot of your bed and put your face in your hands.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.7K 1.3K 20
In the final book of the series, tensions are high amongst the Resistance and the First Order. The Resistance must rebuild what was nearly lost; the...
520 9 5
in which you, a force-sensitive pilot become the object of Kylo Ren's obsession.
105K 2.1K 30
[Completed, but crappy] Calista is a Creature of the Night, a sex worker on the rich planet of Canto Bight. Having served the richest of Empire and...
387K 15.4K 152
COMPLETED β™Ÿβ™Ÿβ™Ÿβ™Ÿβ™Ÿβ™Ÿβ™Ÿβ™Ÿβ™Ÿβ™Ÿβ™Ÿβ™Ÿ " A strange path, you have decided to follow." It had all started because o...