A Child Raising a Child

Door ProdigyWifeyxoxo

The Title Explains It All...This Story Will Chronicle The Hardships Of Teen Pregnancy And Teen Stardom Keep I... Meer

Prom Night
I'm Just Scared
Left in The Dark
Nostaligia
Officially Done
Is He Yours?
Elated
Two Can...Quit That Game?
Moment of Truth Part 1
Moment of Truth Part 2
Manning up
He's Here Now..
Blame Game !
It's NOT Just A Name
Family Structures !
Questionable Moments
Pissed
Apologies
Welcome to The Family Part 1
Welcome To The Family Part 2
Lets Start Over
Disturbing The Peace
Venting session
Calming Spirit
Lets Get Married
Ebony Magazine

I'd Rather Go Blind

233 10 10
Door ProdigyWifeyxoxo

"Again Tayler. I want you to put more feeling and attitude in it. Some notes you are flat." Jackie complained.

"Ok!" I yelled through the mic.

I couldn't help but to be angry. I've been working on the same song for about two hours and Jackie has been saying the same thing 'more attitude, more feeling'

Yesterday if you would've told me to sing Etta James' I'd Rather Go Blind, I could've tore the house down.

But now that I have my own place, got my cap and gown today, and my baby is due some time soon I'm too exited about life right now to be depressed.

Right now its Michael who?

"That Michael" my inner voice said as he walked in with Marlon and Tito.

Its like heaven opened up the clouds and shined down on me to show Michael how I truly feel. I saw Jackie signaling them, especially Michael to go, but my confidence spoke up.

"No Jackie, they can stay" I said

I looked Michael right in the eyes.

"Play the track" I instructed Jackie.

I didn't break my stare with Mike.

The same eyes I fell in love with, the same eyes that captivated my heart are now the same eyes I hate and they reflect nothing but selfishness and regret possibly for meeting me.

The staring was too much for him to take I guess, so he looked away.

"Something told me it was over, when I saw you and her talking."

I made a stank face as I hummed a mmmm full of attitude, but angelic at the same time.

I went through the whole song so many parts I felt I messed up on or I could've done better, but this felt like therapy. This is what I needed to show and tell Michael I am done with him.

When I opened my eyes not to my surprise the three brothers were gone.

I smirked as Jackie cheered me on, I think that was a job well done.

I quickly wobbled out of the booth and into the room.

"Woah that was amazing. I can't- I can't wow!" Jackie tried to express.

Honestly I never expected all that from me. I was surprised my damn self.

"Thank you so much Jackie" I cheesed.

You should be thanking Michael, I thought to myself.

"Well I'm going to mix the track first, then I want to listen to it and if you feel any parts you want to plug in let me know and we'll fix it" Jackie explained to me.

"No problem"

I stood rubbing my belly watching Jackie get to work, although Jackie offered me a seat many times I denied it. Other artist stand and sing, just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean anything.

"Damn my pinky toe crying" I said out loud.

Jackie chuckled at me and told me to sit down, this time I didn't hesitate.

I sat down at the piano bench and I felt the urge to play some chords. Now I'm not Beethoven and I'm not going to act as if I am, but I can play some chords.

I tried to sing a bit quietly, but I couldn't help it I mean it is a studio, you're supposed to constantly be productive.

"Moving violation when you gave her what was mine, moving violation ain't nothing you can say, moving violation. I saw you at the wheel and you drove me out of my mind. You been careless with my love baby you hurt me a thousand times and that's a moving violation-"

I was quickly cut off by Jackie jumping into my face.

"TAYLER!"

Jackie scared the hell out of me, I instantly removed my hands from the keys and apologized quickly.

"I'm sorry I'm just super excited about the track and I had to keep singing-" I tried to explain.

"No! No! you wrote that song?"

I nodded quickly

"The one you just sang"

Nah you numb nuts, but I nodded again keeping my smart remarks to myself.

"Yeah why?" I asked.

"You need to record that as a demo and I want you to let the brothers and I sing that song."

"Wow Jackie really? you want my song." I smiled.

I didn't know what was better having someone actually like something I wrote or having Michael singing the lead for a song he was the inspiration for?

I stared up at Jackie.

"Is it finished?" he questioned.

"Yeah it is" I nodded as I said that.

"Please Tayler I've been in the business for a few years, but I know a hit when I hear it and that Baby Doll is a hit."

He lifted my chin up with his finger looking me in the eyes smiling.

I couldn't describe what I was feeling at this moment. I was in pure bliss. I went from selling albums to working at a department store to now being asked to let the Jacksons record a song of mine. I couldn't be more thankful, but if Jackie don't back the hell up off me he will be thanking the Lord that he still has his ass after my foot has been in it.

"Yeah as long as you cut the check and keep your finger to yourself or I'll break it ok?" I said sweetly with a smile, but if I was Jackie I would take me seriously.

"Alright lets get to recording!" Jackie clapped his hands together.

I stood up with his help and made my way back into the booth.

Michael's POV:

I was sitting at my desk, doodling in one of my many sketch books.

I just needed a stress reliever.

Why would Jackie even invite her here, knowing the history between us. Anybody that knows me knows that I love her, having her here is just a constant reminder of how much shame I harbor for how I've treated her.

With Randy telling everyone in the house about the incident that happened the other day, Jackie should know inviting her here was not a good idea. Then he tried to kick me out, he needs to get rid of her.

What am I thinking? Even I can't get rid of her. Just seeing her made it harder to get the monkey off my back. Just seeing her round belly knowing that she is having my son, just made me smile. But how can I be proud when I keep denying the both of them.

Just hearing her sing again, that made my heart smile. Contrary to belief I want her to be happy and I know when she sings she is at her happiest, that is what made us connect. Just making people feel good with our music and Tayler God, can she make you feel a song. That's why I had to get out of there before I broke down.

I heard my door opening, I turned in my chair to be faced with Joseph and Mother. What could it possibly be now?

"Hey Michael me and your father wanted to talk with you about something." Mother sat on my bed with Joseph at her side.

Mother's face was very uncomfortable and sadden, but Joseph's face was hard to read. Nothing unusual.

"Michael you better not lie to us boy." Joseph begins.

"Did you get that girl pregnant?" he asked with an eyebrow raised.

Only one named came to mind-LaToya.

"You've been talking to LaToya huh?" I fired back.

Although I sounded cool and may even looked calm, my heart was racing. I know that it isn't humanly possible, but my heart sat in my throat.

I only looked at Mother because just Joseph's presence made me nervous. I just wanted to pass out. I felt salvia building up in my mouth, but I just swallowed it to keep the bile from coming up.

"She's just concerned Michael. She said she saw the ultrasound pictures and with her coming here yesterday, arguing with you in front of Stephanie made us have our suspicions." Mother explained.

I sighed.

"Mother we didn't argue, I would never argue with a woman let alone a pregnant woman." I said every now and then looking down.

"She gave me those pictures because we are still friends and I want to support her, we were together when she got pregnant."

"You are avoiding the question, did you get her pregnant?" he asked again.

So much venom spilled from his lips as if she disgusted him. Like it hurt him to even say her name.

"No Joseph!"

I said it with so much conviction, I finally believed it.

"Michael sweetie we're your parents and we'll love you and be there for you, but be honest-"

Joseph interrupted Mother.

"Katie you heard him say no. He knows what's at stake he's not that stupid to risk it, but you stay away from her. It's not good for your image."

I shook my head. Always trying to control something, the only thing bad for my image are these dumb variety shows that HE is putting together.

He is ruining me. Since when does he care about my image? All he does is tear it down with his harsh words.

"Michael you can be friends, but Joseph is right having her around acting like you are the father will raise some eyebrows. Please lay some ground rules down before this starts going around, putting a halt on your career."

I just put my head down.

"Please sweetheart? Just think about it." Mother finished.

Joseph walked out and Mother got up, and kissed me on the cheek.

I put my head down and begin to cry.

This is eating me up I just want to be honest. I want to tell the truth, but I don't. I want to be there for her, but she won't have me.

I wish I knew what to do.

~

Tayler's POV:

Jackie pulled out my chair as I laughed.

I have to admit Jackie is pretty funny, but I still don't like him.

"Honestly Jackie you didn't have to take me out to eat" I said being modest.

Who are you lying to? Its the least his lop-sided afro head ass can do. Having me on my feet, singing my poor little heart out, while 9 months pregnant.

Oh no, he damn near burned a hole in my throat so I will burn a hole in his wallet.

"No look we need to celebrate. You cut two tracks in one day and one of them you wrote, I say that's something to celebrate. Besides, this is the beginning of a partnership between Baby Doll and the Jacksons."

I giggled awkwardly while taking a glance at my stomach.

Yeah, a partnership.

After the waiter took our drink orders, I decided to get something off my chest.

"Jackie can I be honest with you?" I asked.

"What is the other alternative? Lie in my face." He smiled.

But that set me off.

"Fuck it, look Jackie I appreciate everything that you have done for me. Believing in me and being supportive because God knows I need it, but I'm not going to toy with you. I don't like you because of what you and Lydia are doing. You are a nice person, but in the end what you're doing with my cousin behind your wife's back is wrong." I let the words roll off my tongue.

Jackie looked down several times before making eye contact with me.

"I know Tayler, but I married young. Hell still young and what your cousin does to me-"

I quickly interrupted.

"Jackie I don't give a damn if she hitting a split on it, I don't want to hear that jive shit. Wrong is wrong" I said.

"No! she makes me feel different, so different I don't understand it."

I sigh.

All these men are the same 'I love you cause you're different'

I wish you men were different so we women can be happy.

I hold up my hand to keep him from continuing his dumb rhetoric.

"Honestly Jackie what you and I have is business and what you and Lydia have is y'all business."

As I talked the waitress sat the drinks down in front of us.

"And that will not interfere with my coins or my music" I finished up taking a sip of my sweet tea.

"Well can we toast to that?" he asked.

I laughed and raised my cup. He tries to hook his arm with mine so we can take a drink like husband and wife.

I laugh nearly spilling it on the table.

"I'm so sorry to interrupt, but are you guys ready to order?" the waitress asked holding up her pad and pen.

"Yes" I giggle.

"I'm so sorry you had to stand there, I didn't mean to waste your time."

"Its ok anything for you Baby Doll" she said.

I blushed and smiled at her, taking her pad and pen signing it for her.

At least I still have one fan.

"See how you touch people? Don't worry Baby Doll will be back and trucking in no time, she's got something special coming soon."

Jackie winks at me and I look down giggling.

"I'll take the grilled chicken breast with a baked potato, but I only want chives cheese, bacon, and sour cream on it, and I'll take cheesy broccoli" I placed my order.

I licked my lips just anticipating the meal, while Jackie orders his food I take the opportunity to look around.

Just then I quickly regretted sitting down in the restaurant and mentally prepared myself to ask the waitress for a to go container, but before I could she walked away.

My ears turned hot and I felt my heart beat accelerate and my blood pressure rose, my stomach was in knots and my poor son kicked his feet and stretched out.

"Are you ok?" Jackie looks at me with concern.

He must have read the discomfort on my face, he followed my eyes.

"What the hell are they doing here?!" he exclaimed.

They came to meet their maker.

How funny is it Jackie and I are here and Lydia is here with Michael?

"Hmmm don't they look cozy." I commented on how close they sat.

Lydia's Outfit:

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

90.2K 2.2K 38
Isabella Ekaterina is the only daughter of the two most powerful mafia families in the world: the Di Luca Italian mafia and the Vasiliev Russian mafi...
233K 10.3K 35
"I love you more than anything." Mad at you; book 2.
68.4K 2.1K 25
[ONGOING πŸ”ž] #8 insanity :- Wed, May 15, 2024. #2 yanderefanfic :- Sat, May 18, 2024. After y/n became an orphan, she had to do everything by herself...
1.1M 31.7K 47
Alexandra "Alex" Doherty is the girl everyone envies. She's well liked, is the captain of the soccer team, has a great group of friends, her boyfrien...